Just Desserts Reviews

Just Desserts 5
Just Desserts 6
Just Desserts 7

Lisa · Married on 06/13/2015

We could not have dreamed of a better wedding day, especially the cake by MELINDA at JUST DESSERTS on the Outer Banks NC!!! Her professionalism, attitude and amazing talent made our day a success! Every guest made it a point to ask who and where did we get our cake!! Everyone was raving!!! Even my picky nephew! I highly recommend JUST DESSERTS to anyone considering a wedding on the Outer Banks NC.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2015

Our wedding cake was provided by Just Desserts! We chose one of the best tasting cakes we've ever eaten--Éclair!! Please, please consider Just Desserts when ordering your cake!! Our wedding in OBX was a destination wedding for us, but we were able to stop by and taste some of the other popular wedding flavors, and while they were all delicious--really, all of them, the Éclair was the right choice for us! Every guest at our wedding loved this cake, including the children who said it tasted like a donut. :) Thank you, Melinda!!!!!!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Rick · Married on 12/31/2014

My wife and I were married in the Outer Banks in October of 1999. Planning a wedding down there was not as convenient as it is now, but we are glad we chose Just Desserts.

Melinda made the best cake we’ve ever had in our lives, the guests at the wedding still talk about the cake. It was supposed to serve 90-100, we had 30 guests and had to hide the top tier or it would have disappeared.

We had the eclair cake on one layer with raspberry on another and we're ordering a small cake from her this year when we go back down in December to celebrate the 16th anniversary of the planning.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Melinda made us a great wedding cake. It was the hit of our wedding, plus we get to say our cake was make by someone famous!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Kim · Married on 10/18/2014

With all the worries and details that may be forgotten, if you choose Melinda at Just Desserts there is no need to worry about the cake. She is amazing at creating a masterpiece to steal the show. It is unbelievable how no two cakes are the same and how she can with a few questions know exactly how to include the cake into the reception. She along with her husband, personally set the cake up and even prepares a sealed box with your 1st year anniversary cake. So many people said this cake was too beautiful to cut, but once cut, its taste exceeded it beauty. Our guest were raving this was the best cake they have ever eaten. Overall rating of 5 does not do Just Desserts of OBX justice. Melinda's cakes are off the chart and I rate them a perfect 10

Sent on 11/08/2014

Heather · Married on 10/17/2014

Melinda is a true artist her cakes are a work of art and they taste better than they look!!! Everybody is still raving about the cake!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Gayle · Married on 10/11/2014

Excellent cake, had tons of positive comments. Met all my expectations. Vendor is very easy to work with and accommodating.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Ronda · Married on 10/04/2014

OH MYYYY GOOODNESS!!! If you want the BEST...and I mean BEST cake in the world on your wedding day....every Bride and Groom should be running to Melinda at Just Desserts. She made the most amazing cake for our big day! We expressed we loved Tiramisu and ....she made that flavor happen in part of our cake! Any flavor you want or desire....I am confident Melinda will make it happen...and it will taste even better! Our guests are STILLL RAVING....STILL RAVING....about the cake. It was so moist and just....beyond delicious. Thank you for making, HANDS DOWN, the most phenomenal tasting cake we've ever ate in our life! THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/26/2014

FANTASTIC! Malinda was very easy to work with and the cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. It was so heavy and the crème layers between the cakes was scrumptious! My daughter showed her a picture of the cake she wanted and Malinda copied it perfectly, down to every detail!

Sent on 10/01/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

I have known Larry and Melinda with jJust Desserts for a few years and they are very kind, very professional, unbelievably hard working people! It was fun for me to see their brochures were the only ones at select vendors locations, because they make the most delicious and beautiful cakes on this beach! Melinda even handmade my flowers!!! Truly I have her a picture and then saw it come to life! And not a single one from that wedding and those who were lucky enough to get leftovers, didn't say "that's the best wedding cake I've ever had!"

Sent on 09/15/2014

Sue · Married on 09/05/2014

Melinda is a magician! We couldn't even speak when we tasted the eclair... the decision was easily made for the large layer. We chose the traditional white with raspberry filling for the 2nd layer and it was just as amazing. We were pleasantly surprised with the anniversary cake bonus all wrapped up for us. Melinda and our florist worked well together to match the flowers on the cake and it was gorgeous. It was a cake our family will talk about for quite a while!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Angela · Married on 07/26/2014

Melinda Gregory's cakes are, bar none, the best cakes in the OBX. We had the pleasure of sampling many cakes at the OBX Wedding Association's 2014 Expo, but truly none compared to Ms. Gregory's! Not only was our cake beautiful, and fitting for our beach wedding, but it was also amazingly delicious. Our cake was made of eclair and key lime flavors, and our guests loved it.

Sent on 08/31/2014
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 07/26/2014

Everything you could ask for and more. We tried a bunch of cakes but many locals told us about the infamous "eclair cake" at Just Desserts---we did this with a custom design that had to be airbrushed (all they had was a inspiration photo) and it came out perfectly!!! Everyone was so accommodating and helpful and the cake was out of this world..and I am not a big cake person. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Jackie · Married on 07/23/2014

Our cake came out absolutely perfect and was soooo yummy too! Everyone loved the cake. Melinda was so easy to work with, and the details in the cake just came to life when I finally got to see it!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Melinda has magic baking skills! I'm so tempted to disguise myself just to have another consultation/tasting with her! I'm tempted to hire her to make me a birthday cake, and it's not my birthday!!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Cathy · Married on 05/24/2014

If you want the best, then there is ONLY Melinda. From the ease of looking for a cake to fit us, then to be able to choose a flavor(s). There was no stress, it was made so easy, she is the consumate professional. There is such an ease with her that all your worries are put aside, you know that what you pick out is going to be delivered, and set up beautifully, and on time. That is the business person of Melinda, now there is the creative person. Whatever you want, she can deliver. Her cakes are all made from scratch, so moist and filled with the most delightful fillings. I have attended 3 weddings where she made the cakes, so when it came time for my own wedding, there was no one else I would choose. Her talents go beyond just a baker, she is a true craftman of the art. I would not go anywhere else for your cake. She is truely AMAZING and your cake will be AMAZING also.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2014

My cake was absolutely amazing! Everyone LOVED the look and the Flavors were AMAZING!!! I did the Key Lime and the Chocolate Chocolate Mousse!! I could not have asked for a better cake!!!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Emmett · Married on 05/10/2014

The cake was beautiful. Tasted as good as it looked. Exactly what the bride wanted. Delivered promptly and set up beautifully. Completely happy with the cake. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/03/2014

Absolutely perfect! Guests couldn't stop raving!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Just Desserts is the ONLY wedding cake vendor on the Outer Banks. Melinda Gregory is one of the most talented bakers I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Melinda took pictures and created the most beautiful cake I could have ever imagined... she delivered exactly what I had envisioned. Her different flavor choices are amazing... something for everyone. I highly recommend!

Hayley

Sent on 04/22/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/21/2014

We could not have been more pleased with our wedding cake! The cake was beautiful and it was the best cake I have ever tasted in my life! We have had so many guests from the wedding, tell us that the cake was amazing and the best they have ever had. I cannot wait to have our anniversary layer!!!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/18/2013

Melinda was absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish! Her cakes are amazing! We had so many compliments - many people said it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted! She is extremely responsive and is the sweetest woman you'll ever work with!! We are so happy we chose her to make our wedding cake, and we LOVED what she created for us!

Sent on 01/01/2014

My guests said it was the best cake they'd ever had... and it was! Melinda was great to work with and made the cake of my dreams!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Gretchen · Married on 10/06/2013

My fiance and I were lucky enough to end up with two cakes from Melinda at Just Desserts! After cake tasting we were so torn on flavors that we ordered a grooms cake for the rehearsal dinner in the Chocolate Macadamia Nut and then our wedding cake was the Eclair. None of our guests and family could decide which they liked better either and we spent the rest of the week devouring the leftovers.

Easy to work with, delivered exactly what we asked for and the most delicious wedding cake I've ever eaten. I'd highly recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Our cake was amazing. It was exactly what we wanted and Melinda did a great job of creating our cake. The Eclair and key lime cakes are delicious. She takes her time to answer questions and she provides a lot of options for tastings. The way she displayed the cake was creative and well executed.

Sent on 10/20/2013