Just Desserts Reviews

Just Desserts 5
Just Desserts 6
Just Desserts 7

Liz · Married on 05/26/2017

Melinda is the best! Not only did our cake look amazing but it was soooooo delicious. We went with the eclair cake which did not disappoint. On the night of the wedding we received so many compliments on the cake. Every piece was eaten! Thank you for making our dream wedding cake!

Sent on 06/01/2017

a · Married on 05/06/2017

"Best wedding cake, ever!" That is what we heard all night and into the next day! After trying a few of Melinda's desserts, our daughter and son-in-law knew exactly what they wanted; the Eclair cake. Not only was it delicious, but Melinda worked with our daughter's vision and created a beautiful, elegant cake. Knowing that Melinda's business is extremely popular, we asked our wedding planner, Brenda Zeigler, to act on our behalf to get the ball rolling and then, when the time was right, Melinda worked with our daughter on the details. If you want a cake that is thoroughly enjoyed, the Eclair cake is it!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Avery · Married on 01/21/2017

The cake that Melinda made for our wedding was the most delicious cake I have ever had in my life!! She made it look exactly like the picture I sent. So many of our guests commented on how it was the best cake they've ever had! It is so taunting having the anniversary layer just sitting in our freezer. My husband and I have debated just going ahead and eating it so many times in the short time we've been married because it is just that good.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Ellie · Married on 11/20/2016

Just desserts makes the most delicious wedding cakes. Not only was my cake beautiful but everyone loved it! We ended up having 2 cakes of different flavors and I'm so happy to have worked with Just Desserts. They made the process seamless and a huge hit at the reception.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Bobbie · Married on 11/04/2016

To say our wedding cake was amazing would be an understatement. It was absolutely beautiful! We chose the eclair cake and everybody is still talks about how delicious it was. Melinda is the best baker on the Outer Banks. We loved having her be a part of our big day!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Molly · Married on 09/24/2016

Melinda's cakes are literally THE BEST CAKES I'VE EVER TASTED (and that's saying something b/c I have a sweet tooth)!! She did such a wonderful job for my husband and I and was very responsive to emails and phone calls. She really wanted us to have a great experience and it was obvious in the love, care, and creativity she put into our cake. I HIGHLY recommend the marble cake with chocolate buttercream frosting inside. It was a crowd favorite!! I can't wait until our one year anniversary so we can finally eat our top tier! Melinda is awesome and so are her desserts!!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Catherine · Married on 09/17/2016

This was not just the best wedding cake we have eve eaten, it was hands down the best cake we have ever eaten. Melinda is amazingly talented and it shows in the beautiful cakes she creates. Unlike some other vendors, she creates cakes that are both stunning to look at and to eat. We were so taken with her flavors that we couldn't pick just one for our wedding cake, and ended up picking two flavors! Both the berry and the eclair flavors were unbelievable. If we didn't live out of state all of our cakes would be made by Melinda. Out of this world delicious, you will not have any regrets!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Alexandra · Married on 09/13/2016

After taste testing a couple of cakes, it was very clear that Melinda was the best choice for our wedding cake. She was so wonderful to work with for our 9/13/2016 wedding and made sure we got exactly what we envisioned for our cake. She truly is a master of her craft and we have received so many compliments on how beautiful the cake was. We look forward to being able to relive our wedding day on our one year anniversary when we bust the anniversary tier out of the freezer!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Melony · Married on 09/10/2016

By far the BEST cake we have ever had! Melinda was easy to work with and very responsive! She clearly knows what she is doing. The cake was beautiful and tasted great!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Jill · Married on 08/26/2016

Three words: Chocolate Eclair Cake! Our wedding cake was beautiful and the two flavors we chose (rum, and chocolate eclair) were both delicious. The cake was so good that my husband and I ate our anniversary cake a year early but saved a slice for next year.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Jodi · Married on 08/08/2016

Our wedding cake not only looked amazing but it tasted delicious! Melinda is very easy to work with, extremely accommodating, and talented beyond belief! Many people told me it was the best wedding cake they've ever eaten and I have to agree. Many times, I have heard couples say that they had a lot of left over cake and ended up throwing it away. While we did have some extra, as we had a dessert bar too, every last piece got eaten in the day or two after the wedding. I can not recommend Melinda enough. In fact, I can't wait to return to the Outer Banks next year and order an anniversary cake from her.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Dawn · Married on 07/08/2016

Melinda is an amazing designer, our cake was not only beautiful but delicious. I read her other reviews, we decided on our wedding theme as such and then I contacted her. We never questioned a thing, all reviews and word of mouth just lets you know that you will not be disappointed and we are not. Our guests are still raving about "our cake" and even inquired if she would ship orders?! So yes, that good. Melinda is very caring and considerate, not just a vendor, but a professional to her trade that also cares about what you are trying to purchase as well as to convey any assistance she is able along the journey. Once we discussed my other aspects of the wedding itself to the reception, she assured me I was fine, matter of fact in great hands and she was so very right! We were totally pleased, so very thankful to all our vendors and most now feel like family friends! I highly recommend Just Desserts, OBX for any of your cake needs.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Lorna · Married on 06/25/2016

Our wedding was June 2016. Melinda made our cake and it was delicious (just like EVERYONE from OBX said it would be)!! She is professional and very talented. We absolutely enjoyed our cake!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Melinda created a beautiful wedding cake for us! We loved it so much! It was the perfect centerpiece at the reception! And boy was it delicious! All of our guests were raving about it, even days later! Melinda was a dream to work with and she really took the time to make sure we received the wedding cake of our dreams!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Lori · Married on 05/24/2016

Melinda is a true "Sweetheart "! She makes Amazing, Delicous, and beautiful cakes. She made a gorgeous cake for our beach wedding called drifting coral and a gluten free chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries for our G/F quests. Her cakes were the talk of the wedding. She is a true professional I am so pleased we found Melinda. You will NOT be disappointed. Lori

Sent on 07/20/2016

Mary Ella · Married on 05/15/2016

Don't even consider another choice for your wedding cake! Melinda not only makes the best wedding cake, she makes the best cake and frosting, period! Plus, it not only tastes good, it's beautiful. I'm so glad I chose Just Desserts for my cake. It's truly worth every penny!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Theresa · Married on 05/07/2016

We tasted Melindas' wedding cakes at the wedding expo, and new at that moment that we had to have her make our wedding cake!! She was extremely easy to work with and made the most beautiful wedding cake (and delivered it to the 4x4 area) - our wedding guests couldn't say enough nice things about how delicious our cake was!! We can't recommend using Melinda and Just Desserts enough!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Paige · Married on 12/19/2015

Our wedding cake was not only beautofuo, it was delicious and moist. Melinda is so great at what she does and made the process super easy. I would definitely recommend Just Desserts to a future OBX bride! -Paige

Sent on 11/14/2016

Kelsey · Married on 10/03/2015

The best tasting and most beautiful wedding ale we ever had! Melinda is amazing! We highly reccomend!

Sent on 10/08/2015
  • Devon

Devon · Married on 10/02/2015

If you are getting married anywhere near The Outer Banks you MUST use Just Desserts! Not only is Melinda the cutest/sweetest "cake lady" around, but her cakes are to die for! She was so flexible and really helped us narrow down what we wanted with plenty of recommendations. Thank you Melinda!!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Bell · Married on 08/28/2015

Melinda by Just Desserts is not just an amazing professional but also a very good person with a huge heart!! Due to some problems I had to postpone my wedding for 3 years and she went throughout the whole process with me! The day of my wedding I had a huge problem with one of my vendors and she took time out of her busy schedule to talk with me when I had nobody to speak with. She calmed me down and offered me help when I needed the most and I will never forget that!! She also noticed that I had forgotten the toast glasses and offered me hers!!! I'm still stunned thinking "who does that?" That was a $500 dollar glasses and not just for the money value but for the sentimental value that was priceless!! I loved the champagne glasses (they were so pretty and sophisticated) and it fit perfectly with the most beautiful wedding cake I ever seen!!
    It was not just beautiful but delicious and all my guest were amazed by the flavors..we were 50 and we ate it all lol!!! I don't know if I will be loyal to wait 1year for the boxed cake!!
    Again, thank you thank you thank you Melinda..I will tell everyone about you not just as a business but as a beautiful and wonderful person!!

Big hugs and God bless you

Sent on 09/11/2015

Caitlin · Married on 08/16/2015

If your looking for a great looking a cake and a cake that taste even better then it looks, then this is the bakery for you. Melinda, from Just Desserts, made the perfect wedding cake and my new husband and I could not have asked for any better quality. Thank you so much Melinda, our wedding cake was perfect!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Tierney · Married on 06/26/2015

Amazing amazing amazing cake! I taste tested a few other cakes at the beach and was very tempted to go with a much cheaper cake until I tasted the eclair cake at Just Desserts. This cake is the best cake I have ever had. At the wedding, every guest I talked to after the cake was served talked about how amazing the cake was. My husband and I had a specially made topper that we provided to Melinda ahead of time and she had no problem making sure it fit perfectly on top of the cake.

The day after the wedding I heard about 3 things everyone loved and one of them was always the cake. I definitely recommend Just Desserts for your wedding day.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/25/2015

We had quite the experience as we tried another place that was filthy- and was recommended to Just Desserts which was a godsend! Melinda was awesome! Our cake was absolutely beautiful but even better the best cake that I have ever had. All of our guests were asking about it afterwards and wanted to know if we had much left over. In hindsight, we could have doubled the size because it was such a hit!

We got the Chocolate Eclair Cake- and it is simply to die for! The buttercream icing was so good- just talking about it makes me want some! I would definitely recommend Melinda and will be looking forward to purchasing more from her in the future!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Karen · Married on 06/19/2015

Definitely THE BEST CAKE on the Outer Banks!!! Melinda is a pleasure to work with and makes the most amazing cakes to both look at and eat! The eclair cake is beyond delicious!

Definitely make room in your budget for a cake from Just Desserts... you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/25/2015