Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia Reviews

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 1
Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 2
Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia 3

Christine · Married on 04/25/2015

Julie was the officiant at our wedding. She listened to what we wanted and made suggestions, resulting in a beautiful ceremony that everyone raved about. Julie is professional and very responsive to any questions or concerns. I would highly recommend her to anyone wanting a special, personal and unique ceremony.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Anna · Married on 10/18/2014

Julie did an absolutely amazing job. She wrote and performed a beautiful personalized ceremony. We couldn't be more please. An incredible value.

Sent on 10/28/2014

joanna · Married on 10/11/2014

Julie is a remarkable woman with remarkable talent. She personalized our wedding beyond ways anyone else could have done and far beyond what my husband and I could have imagined for ourselves. My day wouldn't have been the same without her. I highly recommend her services for anything! Thank you Julie!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

Julie made our ceremony so special. We were literally clueless when we brought her on as our Officiant/Celebrant. But, her ideas sparked our ideas and melded into a beautiful ceremony. I have heard so many compliments about how personal, original, and beautiful our ceremony was. Some even referred to it as the best they had ever witnessed.

On top of making our ceremony so special, we had the pleasure of meeting with Julie various times throughout our engagement to discuss our ceremony. She is a genuinely kind person and a joy to be around. I couldn't say enough good things about Julie and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an Officiant/Celebrant.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Joe · Married on 08/09/2014

Julie was amazing--we had to find an officiant relatively last minute and luckily Julie was available. She worked with us to plan the ceremony that we wanted, exactly as we wanted it, along with her own personal touches that made the entire event wonderful. She was very professional and has a great personality that really comes through in her presentation. We would highly recommend her to officiate any type of wedding as she is knowledgeable and respectful of many different customs and beliefs.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Anne · Married on 08/02/2014

The ceremony written by Julie was from a series of questions asked concerning our relationship. when arranged, told a very beautiful fairy tale story.

she puts a lot of time and feeling into her work !!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Margaret · Married on 06/09/2018

From our first meeting over Skype, we knew we wanted Julie to officiate our wedding. Julie is kind and charming, passionate about her work, and a good listener. Unlike other officiants we interviewed, she wasn’t dogmatic about the content and flow of ceremonies, and she made it clear that each ceremony is is completely customized to the personalities of the couple. She immediately “got” the vibe we wanted for our ceremony and she didn’t try to persuade us to do anything that wasn’t “us” or that we didn’t want to do. Once we hired her, she sent each of us a questionnaire asking not just standard questions like how we met or what we like about each other, but also deeper, more thoughtful questions about our values, our families, and our vision for our future as a couple. One area where she particularly shined was in picking quotes and readings peppered throughout the ceremony. We made it very clear that we didn’t want conventional or cheesy readings that appear at seemingly every wedding. She knocked it out of the park with passages that reflected our beliefs and values, and even picked a reading for the bride’s father that brought all the guests to tears. Many guests came up to us after the ceremony with compliments for Julie and the ceremony she designed. It was short and sweet, funny, and most importantly, reflective of our personalities and us as a couple. We could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding, and we will remember her beautiful writing and strong delivery for years to come.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Roger · Married on 05/28/2017

Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with! She helped us work through multiple drafts of our wedding ceremony and brought several great ideas to the table. In the end, we had an amazing and unique ceremony that we loved, and many of our guests vocalized to us how much they enjoyed the personalized ceremony. Julie was professional throughout the process and always willing to help us out however she could. We were apprehensive about having an officiant we did not know prior to our wedding planning, but Julie put us at ease and we would not have had it any other way!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Julie did a great job officiating our ceremony. She was helpful and took everything we had asked into consideration in order to craft a personal wedding ceremony for us. We found her fairly last minute, since our pastor was unable to perform our ceremony, and she did a phenomenal job working with us even though the timing was shorter than normal. Easy to work with, very flexible, and accommodating!

Sent on 06/27/2016

brooke · Married on 09/17/2016

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Julie made this so much easier. She offered suggestions--even for things she wasn't specifically involved in--that were very helpful and considerate.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Custom Wedding Ceremonies of Central Virginia's reply:

After wracking my mind for any instance of my being anything but totally buttoned-up and professional — and not finding a single one — I can only conclude that there has been some kind of error. Nevertheless, I find myself in the predicament of having to explain myself.

First, I'd like to say please pay more attention to Brooke's words rather than the stars. Her thoughts are complimentary and would seem to indicated that I actually added value. The five-stars for responsiveness, to me, also indicated a high degree of "professionalism." The ceremony came off without a single hiccup, too, and I even did some ingenious troubleshooting when there was no electricity for my P.A.

Secondly, as a certified Celebrant, I have the advantage of belonging to a Celebrant community through our association. We have a lively FB page where all manner of things related to wedding celebrancy is discussed. And wonky reviews from WeddingWire (ww) has been addressed.

Most egregiously, ww does not have a confirmation page for which a reviewer can make sure it's accurate before hitting submit. This is particularly shoddy because if a reviewer hits a star...in the middle of the star...it counts as a 1/2 point, not whole. But the reviewer has no way of knowing. The only way a reviewer can fix the error is to call WeddingWire on the phone, and I'm certainly not going to ask anyone to go through that. There are other glitches with ww, as well. Without going into too much detail...celebrants have received reviews for weddings they've not even performed. In general, received less-than-stellar reviews from couples who they know for a fact were over-the-moon thrilled with the ceremony and professionalism and value.

So all I would ask is that you weigh this review with a judicious eye, as perhaps the variable that a scientist would throw out because it is too much of an anomaly. Thank you.