Julie Dawn Reviews

Julie Dawn 2
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Bowman 路 Married on 09/01/2018

Dover Barn Wedding

Julie was such a pleasure to work with both for engagement photos and on the wedding day. Everything both times went perfect and our photos were absolutely beautiful- I would highly recommend Julie and we can鈥檛 wait to book family photos with her next summer

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Kelsey!!! It was a perfect day! I can't wait to see you down the road and watch your beautiful family grow.
  • Preston

Preston Estes 路 Married on 08/12/2018

Awesome, fun photographer!

She is very professional and takes her job seriously, but always makes you feel comfortable and have fun! Her photos and style really stands out from others and has a great feel! I am very happy we chose her for our wedding and highly recommend her to anyone who needs a photographer! Thank you!

Thank you Preston!
  • Sarah

Sarah Oachs Estes 路 Married on 08/12/2018

Julie is amazing!

Julie was so wonderful to work with. As an unphotogenic person I was so worried about looking good in my wedding photos. Julie was very directive about how to pose to make sure there were no double chins, no armpit fat squeezing out, no awkward hands馃槀
    When I got my photos back they were STUNNING!! I had so many people ask me who my photographer was and told me how talented she was. I 100% agree with my friends and family. Julie is truly a natural. I鈥檓 so thankful for my beautiful photos. Don鈥檛 pass her up!

Thank you Sarah!

Destiny 路 Married on 07/28/2018

Julie did absolutely fantastic on my wedding photos! She made it so fun and I couldn鈥檛 thank her enough for our beautiful photos! I would highly recommend Julie Dawn photography <3

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Julie Dawn 3

Justine 路 Married on 05/12/2018

Julie was amazing to work with. She took tons of photos, she made a point to ensure all the pics that I wanted were done. She was great with the bridal party, she kept us on track and gave us tips for posing to get the best photos. I would definitely recommend her for your wedding.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Sandra 路 Married on 09/01/2017

Julie was amazing!!!! Before the wedding we talked and she got to know me and my future husband a little more. She wanted to know all of our must have pictures and to let her know people who should be avoided in the same pictures. The day of the wedding she was prompt and professional. She even helped me put on my future husbands grandmas bracelet because I could not figure out how too. Through out the night she was attentive and made us laugh and feel comfortable. I knew the pictures were going to come out spectacular but I was blown away when I saw them. They were absolutely beautiful and we could not be more happy and blessed that she was our photographer! I would highly recommend Julie!!

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Julie Dawn 4

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you for sharing those details! I really appreciate your review! You guys are an amazing couple and I hope to work with you again. 鉂わ笍

Brendan 路 Married on 07/14/2017

Julie was truly an exceptional wedding photographer, I don't know if I could giver her any higher praise. My wife and I really wanted to invest in one of the better photographers because we agreed that the memories of the wedding would probably be the most important thing about our special day. I did photography on an amateur level when I was younger so when I saw her portfolio, I immediately recognized her talent. I was more impressed with her work than I was with some of the photographers who charged twice the price of Julie so we decided to go with her after talking to her on the phone and doing a little more research about her (She had over a decade of experience doing wedding photography as her primary source of income and had several awards credited to her from photography contests). I had fairly high expectations of her when the day of the wedding came and she absolutely superseded all of them! She was very organized, friendly and professional and knew exactly what she wanted from us which made the whole process go very smoothly. I have to give her kudos as well for putting up with my best man who was very drunk and admittedly obnoxious. She dealt with all the chaos so we didn't have to and masterfully worked around our difficult family dynamic in a way that kept the day drama free. By the end of the day, some of the shots she got of us could seriously have been in a wedding magazine (I was very pleased when I saw that she used one of our photos as her main cover on Wedding Wire!) I cannot stress enough how much I would recommend her to anyone I know and how happy I am that we decided to go with her because she truly did make the whole day that much more special for us. Thank you so much Julie!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Julie Dawn's reply:

WOW, thank you! Seriously this review means so much! You guys are amazing and I wish you two the very best!

Bonnie 路 Married on 06/06/2017

Julie Dawn Photography is our FIRST choice when it comes to photography and videography. She's amazing and timely. I've used a lot of photographers in the past but I will never change from Julie! It's like when you find an awesome hair stylist and they become your BFF, well, that's how it is with JDP! Seriously, AWESOME!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you so much Bonnie! This review is THE best!

Michael 路 Married on 04/06/2017

The best have technical, creative and people skills. Rarely do you find all three. When getting great shots, especially with a family, all three are critical for exceptional results.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Thank you Michael!!! :-)

Britney 路 Married on 08/29/2015

We had such a wonderful experience with Julie as our photographer! She was professional and fun during both our engagement shoot and wedding. Julie captured all of the desired shots at our wedding and we can't wait to see the results! Our engagement photos were magical and we receive so many compliments. The quality is amazing!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Britney! I loved being a part of your day! You guys were amazing to work with and it was a perfect day! <3

Tiffany 路 Married on 01/03/2015

My three top reasons for being eternally grateful I hired Julie

1. Her photography is the most talented I have ever seen. Period. No comparison. She is THE BEST.

2. She knows the ins and outs of a wedding. To be honest I felt like she was a wedding day coordinator. But to be very clear, she never imposed herself. She steps up if there is a problem though. For example, I had a bridal photo shoot the morning of the wedding and I broke the clip that attached a veil to a hanger without wrinkles (really big deal). I had no idea how to transport my cathedral length veil across town without wrinkles. Julie, has photographed so many weddings and is so professional she knew exactly how to fold the veil. She made sure I ate and was hydrated and is funny so our photography has sincere smiles.

3. She is on your team. I felt like I had another bridesmaid. My bangs are a straight cut in front of my face. I am OCD about them not moving. It was a windy day, but she fixed or assigned a bridesmaid to fix my bangs every photo. Details are not trivial. I think if there is anything more important professionally to Julie then photography its making sure her clients are; amazed by every. single. picture.

If you are still unsure please pick up the phone and call her just ask her questions she is so kind and professional. You wont regret it!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Julie Dawn's reply:

Tiffany...thank you SO much! It is so nice to be appreciated in even the little things. You are a wonderful person and it was a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful wedding. You two are going to have an amazing life together and I was happy to witness/capture a part of it. <3

Jenny 路 event on 12/27/2014

Julie is an extremely talented photographer. She photographed our family of five a few years ago, and then recently she photographed our extended family. She did an absolutely incredible job capturing our emotions and bringing out the beauty in the settings and people in each photo. With our first photo shoot, we had a very active toddler who would not sit still or do anything that was being asked of him. Even so, Julie managed to get some wonderful family photos as well as some incredible individual shots of our busy toddler. I was completely blown away when I saw the results! We have these photos hanging in our living room, and almost everyone who walks into the house comments on these beautiful family pictures and wants to know who took them. Our recent photo shoot, done with over 30 extended family members, was done in well below freezing temperatures. Julie was so professional and worked well with the huge group and all of the children. She was so positive, even in the freezing weather, and she made it fun and funny. The results of this photo shoot absolutely exceeded our expectations. They turned out amazingly, and we are so thrilled with the emotions that she captured on this special occasion for our family. Julie is above and beyond in every way.

Sent on 04/03/2015

Julie Dawn's reply:

WOW, thank you so much! I feel honored to take pictures of your amazing family! You guys are such good people and it shows by your awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to write this. :)
  • User3078181 路 event on 12/20/2014

Julie is a gifted, exceptionally creative professional photographer. You can absolutely depend on her to get truly exceptional shots regardless of the difficulty of the situation, shots that are both beautiful from a technical and artistic standpoint, but more importantly they are shots with feeling, photos that capture the unique personalities of those being photographed, shots that evoke emotion when you look at them. It is obvious why the testimonials on her website are so passionate.

Sent on 01/25/2015

Shannon 路 Married on 11/22/2014

I don't even know where to begin... My husband and I met Julie at a wedding she was shooting, and just clicked. When we became engaged a short time later she was the first person I called. From the engagement photos to the wedding day she was incredible. She is extremely fun and easy to work with. We had a wild bunch at our wedding but she handled it with such patience, and didn't miss a single picture! Julie Is so talented it blew us out of the water. I highly recommend her services, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Best review ever!!! Thank you SO much! Made my day! <3

colette 路 Married on 09/26/2014

Julie is absolutely amazing! She captured not only our special day to a T but our engagement pics as well. Her eye capturing the perfect picture is on point. Our wedding day went by so fast, so when we got the pictures in it was great to relive the day. We were so lucky to be refered to Julie. With out a doubt we will continue to use
    her to capture future life events. Amazing, amazing, amazing

Sent on 02/08/2015

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Colette! I am so glad I will get to see you guys again! I just loved capturing you two and the love you have for each other! XOXOXO

Justin 路 Married on 09/06/2014

My wife and I love, love, loved Julie!!! From the first phone call to the last picture taken at the wedding, Julie was fun, professional and extremely creative. The shots of our wedding party were beautifully framed and well thought out. Julie has an amazing eye for photography and she is a blast to work with. My wife and I have recommended her to many of our friends and family.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Thank you so much! <3

Lenka 路 Married on 08/30/2014

Julie is the best photographer ever! She and her husband came to Kauai to take pictures of my wedding and every single picture is exactly what I was looking for. She is very easy to work with, we spoke prior to my wedding about what I am looking for and she got me exactly the pictures I wanted. I lover working with her and will have a photographer for life! I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Lenka! This review made my day <3 I can't wait for the next time I see you guys!
  • User3894330 路 2+ years ago

Julie is awesome! She knows exactly what she is doing. I didn't have a wedding coordinator and she helped make sure everything went smoothly on the big day. She was willing to listen to my wants and was flexible. Her work is amazing!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Thank you!!!! xoxo

Devin 路 Married on 01/18/2014

We asked for about an hour of Julie's time after our wedding ceremony. In that short time she was able to take some great photo's and capture the memories of our special day. Julie was easy to work and professional. Her rates were reasonable and we would not hesitate to use her again.

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Devin! I hope to see you guys again. :) I really appreciate your review!

Darla 路 event on 01/05/2014

The photo shoot with Julie was fun! I loved her personality and she really kept us genuinely smiling. The pictures were stunning! My whole family looked fabulous! I am very impressed and would recommend her to anyone who needs a photographer!

Thank you Darla! :-)

marjie 路 Married on 11/23/2013

julie is completely professional, works well with all situations. We have used her numerous times due to the quality of her photos

Sent on 01/26/2015

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Marjie! I love working with you and your family!!!

Liz 路 event on 11/22/2013

She is an awesome photographer! This is the second time we've used her services and we will continue to use her for years to come.

Julie Dawn's reply:

Yay, I love that and look forward to our next session!!! Thank you Liz!!
  • F

Felicity 路 event on 10/19/2013

We have had Julie take our family pics for past 4 years now and have always been pleased with the quality of pics we get. She also always manages to get our energetic son to do what she'd like during the shoots :). We look forward to having Julie take our next family pic! Our event wasnt really for an anniversary, just for family pics :)

Sent on 02/13/2014

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Felicity! You guys are awesome! I look forward to our next shoot together!!! :)

Cain 路 Married on 10/09/2013

Phenomenal photographer! The best by far I have ever used or seen!!

Sent on 02/13/2014

Wow, thank you!!!

Nicole 路 Married on 09/28/2013

Julie was fantastic. Not only did she do a fabulous job on our engagment photos but she was awesome at the wedding as well. She made us laugh and enjoy ourselves while keep all of our wedding party under control. I can't wait till the next time I need photos so I can hire Julie!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Julie Dawn's reply:

Thank you Nicole! I missed your review somehow! It was such fun working with you guys and getting to witness and capture your beautiful day! I wish you guys the very best and look forward to working with you again!!!