Julie Christy Hair & Makeup Reviews

36 | Buellton, CA

36 Reviews for Julie Christy Hair & Makeup

Ashley · Married on 09/17/2016

Julie is seriously amazing! She is always responsive when you need her, she is as willing to do as many trials as you wish to insure you have the best makeup and hair. There are seriously no words for the work she does. I couldn't feel more beautiful on the most important day of my life. I would 100% recommend

Sent on 09/23/2016

Ally · Married on 08/08/2016

Julie is the best!! She did my hair makeup for my baby shower, and although it was "showering" literally all day, I still looked beautiful! You can't have a rainbow without rain! I would recommend her anytime for any occasion!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Kristin · Married on 08/07/2016

So friendly, responsive, perfessional and overal a great artist!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Melissa · Married on 07/23/2016

Working with Julie was absolutely amazing! I waited way too long to book hair and makeup for my wedding and was panicked that I wouldn't find someone good and reasonably priced. Fortunately my wedding coordinator recommended Julie! She was so professional and accommodating, arranging both hair and makeup for my bridal party and me. Her work was amazing, and my hair and makeup turned out beautifully! I would definitely recommend Julie and her team to any bride!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/26/2015

Julie took on the job of doing my hair and makeup as well as my 6 bridesmaids. Nothing is more frightening then the thought of your hair or makeup not looking exactly what you imagined for your big day.
    Julie definitely surpassed all my expectations. Both my hair and makeup lasted not only all day, but all night (through dancing and all). She was super friendly, managed her time SO well and had a smile through it all.
    I will definitely be using her for future events.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Megan · Married on 06/27/2015

Julie is absolutely wonderful! She braved the generator shortages and windy humid weather at my camping wedding, all with smile and lots of laughs! Attentive, creative, and go with the flow, Julie is a breath of fresh air!

Sent on 08/05/2016
  • Y

Yesenia · Married on 07/05/2014

I was very pleased with Julie's work. I was relieved from the moment she did a trial makeup session on me. I usually am unsatisfied when people put makeup on me because I'm all about looking natural. Julie paid attention to detail with my request and made me feel confident on one of the most important days of my life. She was on time and I had no complaints, just satisfaction. She even was nice enough to do my step-daughters makeup with a last minute request.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Melisa · Married on 08/25/2006

This is long over due, and I don't know where to start. Julie is the only person I will go to for when I need my make-up done! She makes you feel comfortable being beautiful and glamorous! And her make-up lasts all day and night! You can tell she takes pride in her work, and is a true artist! She is not happy unless you love your look. I have used her for work Christmas parties, romantic dinners, fancy nights on the town. Never to disappoint. You name it, any special event, she's the girl I'm going to. If I could... I would have her do my makeup every day!

Sent on 08/05/2016
  • Elaine

Elaine · Married on 06/30/2018

It was such a pleasure to get to work with Julie. She really went above and beyond to listen to my vision for my hair and makeup and bring it to life! Given that I’m someone who doesn’t typically wear makeup and was hesitant about looking unlike myself, Julie was able to create a beautiful look that felt special but not too over the top, and looked fantastic in photos. She was so flexible and easy to work with, and went out of her way to get to know me and make the whole experience feel personal and special. She flawlessly incorporated my feedback and ideas from our trial into my hair and makeup day-of, and did amazing work on my mom and sister as well. The whole experience was stress-free and fun! If you’re looking for someone in the Santa Barbara area, you won’t find anyone more passionate, caring, and professional than Julie!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Sara · Married on 06/20/2017

3.5

Julie is just the sweetest! Accommodating, helpful, professional, and soooo nice!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Julie Christy Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much!!! It was a pleasure being a part of your wedding
  • AllyCot

Alyssa · Married on 04/29/2017

This review is way way way overdue.... Our wedding was last April! First off, so sorry it took this long to review such an exemplary professional. Off we go - I was a bit nervous, picking a hair/makeup professional I'd never been to before - because I was have a (more or less) destination wedding in Santa Ynez. I also couldn't get a trial done, due to distance... So obviously, I was a bit in the dark. Julie to the rescue! I found her on Thumbtack and inquired about a potential hairstyle/makeup look I was pondering for my wedding day. I should say, first off, I was originally planning on doing my own hair and makeup... but then after a few trial and error mishaps, I freaked out and needed to find someone fast. Julie put my mind at ease by declaring she would have no problem helping me accomplish the look I was going for and proceeded to direct me to her Instagram page, that of which illustrated examples of exactly what I wanted. Very last minute, my bridesmaids also enlisted her services, and she was extremely flexible in bringing in an assistant to help with all us girls. The day of, she took all my notes, noted my features, and found the perfect balance between what I was looking to accomplish and what would compliment me best. I'm so glad I ended up finding Julie for my special day, proof is in the pictures girl! Wish I had you around every day!

Sent on 01/08/2018