Julie Bakes... Reviews

81 | Easton, MD

81 Reviews for Julie Bakes...

3.0

Simply amazing. My fiancée doesn't like sweets and couldn't stop raving about the cake.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Beth · Married on 10/03/2009

3.5

The cake that Julie provided for our wedding day was absolutely gorgeous and yummy! I received nothing but compliments from all of my guests on how delicious and fresh the cake tasted. Julie was also very pleasant to work with. The only complaint I have is that she was not always responsive to e-mails, but in the end she got the job done and did it superbly!

Sent on 10/06/2009

Angela · Married on 06/28/2014

3.0

She makes little cakes to taste which were so cute and taste delicious! We sent her a picture with some small details we liked. Our cake was perfect!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Leanna · Married on 06/20/2015

Julie was extremely helpful when it came to discussing the design for our cake. I think I surprised her when I showed her the exact design that I wanted on my cake. She delivered a fabulous cake - it tasted amazing! Fresh strawberries and vanilla cream in between moist vanilla cake - everyone commented on how light and delicate it was, not too sweet and perfect for a warm summer wedding dessert. The only two things I would say that bring down the rating is that email was the only way for contact, and I think in transport some of the designs either got crushed or the piping was slightly inconsistant. Other than that the cake was wonderful - I am glad we went with a larger cake since we had a fairly large cake topper and more people than expected to feed. Thank you Julie!! (And yes, Gino smeared cake on me after the cake cutting.)

Sent on 06/23/2015

4.2
      3.0

Julie is an excellent baker and our cake was exactly what we asked for - a smaller two tiered naked cake, chocolate with raspberry preserves, vanilla buttercream, and berries on the side. We were very pleased with the final product, but a little frustrated throughout the whole process. Julie is very nice and definitely is a hard worker, but she was not the most responsive to our emails, which was a little frustrating at times. There were also a few details that she accidentally mixed up - we had agreed on having someone pick up the cake, but were initially charged the extra fee for having the cake delivered. When Julie realized her mistake, she brought it to my attention right away and it all worked out. I still recommend her services, just wanted to mention the few frustrations we had.

Sent on 12/29/2015
  • smr232

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2008

3.6
      2.0

Julie Hanes provided a yummy, beautiful cake for our wedding at a fair price. She has many different options of cake flavors and fillings and is creative with the design. Julie takes her business seriously, but also has an important job as a mother to young children, so she is not accessible at all times. A few e-mails were not returned for several weeks. Regardless, we were very happy with our wedding cake!

Sent on 06/10/2008