Julie Bakes... Reviews

81 | Easton, MD

81 Reviews for Julie Bakes...

Lori · Married on 09/06/2014

We worked with Julie for our wedding cake. She was extremely easy to work with. We met with her about 8 months before our wedding to show her what type of cake we wanted, pick the design and taste the cakes. The cake looked exactly as we described and tasted great. We got to keep the top tier for our anniversary cake. We will see how it tastes in a year!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Everyone in the area has referred me to Julie. My first review of no responses she was on vacation which is something we all need so please ignore that and I can not wait to see our wedding cake. Since she has been back she has been responsive and very helpful with suggestions and guiding me since I am 8+ hours away.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Lucy · Married on 06/14/2014

Julie's cakes are absolutely DELICIOUS. She was wonderful from the very beginning! She was very helpful in terms of suggesting flavor combinations and she understood exactly what we wanted the cake to look like. It came out perfectly and was seriously soooo good! Our guests were raving about it! I am a SERIOUS sweet tooth and I absolutely love cake and our wedding cake was the best cake I've ever had!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/13/2014

Julie was great to work with. She was very open and accommodating to my needs and requests. I was very overwhelmed with cake designs but she came prepared with tons of pictures and advise to our first consultation. I gave her a pretty unique design for a 4 tiered cake with 2 different flavors and she pulled it off better than I could have imagine! She also did a rehearsal dinner cake that was delicious and beautiful!! I would definitely use her again in the future if I'm back in the area and would highly recommend her to anyone. Her prices were worth every penny!

Sent on 06/21/2014
  • User4191128 · 2+ years ago

Julie provided a fabulous cake tasting! Even the tastings were beautiful.
    She listened to our daughter as she described what she wanted the cake to look like. Julie contacted our florist directly to collaborate on the flowers to be used in the design.
    The cake was delicious and stunningly attractive!!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Britany · Married on 04/26/2014

From our initial meeting with Julie we knew we loved her style. She right away understood what we were looking for and came up with a design for our wedding cake with us and was upfront with pricing. All her flavors were delicious and choosing was so difficult! When we saw our cake on the wedding day it exceeding expectations on so many levels! The beauty and every flavor we chose was outstanding! If you need a baker on the eastern shore, Julie is definitely a top pick! Your guests will not be able to stop talking about the cake!

Sent on 06/22/2014

The cake was absolutely breathtaking. Even better, it was delicious. Julie not only bakes beautifully, she is great at guiding you through the complex world of wedding cakes with loads of PATIENCE and flair. She had a great deal to do with giving our daughter the wedding of her dreams.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Tracy · Married on 10/26/2013

Contracted Julie to bake our wedding cake for an October wedding and it turned out fabulous! Our initial meeting was very productive, as Julie brought many pictures of past cakes in her portfolio which helped us form our design. We initially were going to go the cupcake route, but after seeing, and tasting, Julie's work we decided to go with a cake. she was timely and the cake looked perfect. We actually saw it for the first time while doing our first dance, and it distracted us a bit because it looked so nice! Everyone commented on the taste too, so barely any went to waste. If having a wedding on Maryland's Eastern Shore I would definitely give Julie a call! You will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2013

Hi Julie,
    I just wanted to say thank you for the most amazing cake ever. I know I am biased because it is my wedding, but people literally had anxiety trying to make sure they got to try every flavor. They went for seconds and thirds. And your design- perfect. I was probably a difficult bride to work with because I knew what I wanted in my head, and I knew I would know when I saw it, what design I was looking for. You interpreted my ridiculous collages of cake photos perfectly. It was a perfectly balanced, rustic cake, not too many billy balls like i had said- I love how you spread out the billy balls on the layers so it looked like the design dissipated throughout the cake. it was absolutely perfect!

When husband and I cut the cake, part of the piece didn't come out of the base, but we fed each other what we had pulled out, and then got upset because they started taking pictures and trying to whisk us away to dance- we said "no, let us finish this cake!" so we dug out the rest of the piece and enjoyed every morsel. The pumpkin was to die for. so moist. We saved one in our freezer, and have literally been eating cake since the wedding. My dad loved the chocolate (even though he does not like peanut butter....). And my mother in law loved the almond! We had a flavor of each at our sweetheart table!

It truly was a pleasure working with you- we will drive across the bridge for your cakes for all of our future occasions! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 01/13/2014
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 09/14/2013

Julie was wonderful to work with. She was always available when needed. She was able to make exactly what I wanted and it looked terrific. After tasting her samples I knew it would taste amazing. Outside of the "tasting" on the wedding night, I didn't get a piece of cake then. However, it was served the next day at breakfast and I was able to eat both of the layers we had. It was amazing! I would recommend her for anything. I just hate that I live so far away, I need to find a good excuse to use her again.

Sent on 04/04/2014

Leah · Married on 08/03/2013

Julie was great to work with. I had a picture from a magazine that I wanted the cake to look similar too, but more specific to my wedding and the cake turned our perfectly, better than I pictured. The cake is also delicious. We had vanilla cake with peanut butter icing, and marble cake with chocolate ganache. I can't wait to eat the top of the cake we saved for next yet!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Laura · Married on 07/13/2013

Julie and her cakes are fantastic! Julie worked with us to create a cake that melded several ideas and pictures that we liked into one gorgeous masterpiece! Not to mention, her cakes are absolutely delicious! We selected lemon cake with lemon curd and raspberry preserves and it was fantastic! Her cakes are some of the best I have EVER tasted and it became my mission to actually eat a piece of her cake at my reception (which I did!). So many of our wedding guests commented on how beautiful and more importantly, delicious it was! I would highly recommend Julie Bakes to anyone planning a wedding or special event!!! :)

Sent on 09/17/2013

We had Julie create not only a gorgeous 3-tier wedding cake, but also, an expansive dessert bar and it was AMAZING! Our cake was marble with chocolate ganache for the bottom layer, fresh strawberries and cream (my favorite!) for the second with a carrot cake top layer. One of my friends contacted me after the wedding to say it was the “best cake she’s ever had”. I love sweets, so we also asked Julie to make mini pastries for a dessert bar, we had DELICIOUS mini fruit tarts, cheesecakes, lemon tarts, chocolate mousse and more! I can’t say enough about how amazing the cake and desserts were and her prices are reasonable. Schedule a tasting, you will be thrilled you did and your guests will thank you for the delicious sweets!!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Krista · Married on 06/01/2013

Julie was amazing to work with! She was extremely flexible with our long distance planning, and accommodated every need.

The day of the wedding, I was absolutely thrilled with the cake. Not only did it look beautiful, the cake itself tasted fantastic (and I don't usually like cake)!

I highly recommend Julie Bakes, a great, easy decision.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Mary · Married on 04/20/2013

Julie Hanes made an amazing wedding cake for us - it was everything we had envisioned in terms of design and just as, if not more importantly, it was absolutely delicious! We received many, many compliments from our guests.

For our tasting, she let us choose the flavors of the samples we wanted to try and made fresh sample mini-cakes, which really impressed us because A) Julie obviously put in a lot of time and care into making them, for people that weren't even customers yet (other vendors we visited for tastings brought out defrosted cake, and it was just in bad taste in multiple senses of the word); B) They were so, so tasty. She then patiently helped us select the designs for the tiers. On the day of the wedding, Julie arrived with an assistant a few hours before the ceremony to deliver the cake. Many of the weddings I've been to had beautiful cakes that were lacking in taste (either dry, or the cream was just too sweet), but Julie's exceeded our expectations because it was absolutely gorgeous (all buttercream!) and tasted decadent.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/06/2013

Julie did a fantastic job on our wedding cake! She was very professional to work with and she worked with me to design a cake exactly like one I had fell in love with after seeing it on Pinterest. If you don't have a specific design in mind, she has tons of photo albums of cakes for you to look at so you can get an idea for what you would like. I wasn't a fan of most of the filling flavors from the tasting, but the peanut butter filling is absolutely amazing! We ended up getting alternating tiers of chocolate and vanilla cake, both with the peanut butter filling. All of our guests loved it and many ate multiple pieces it was so good! Julie made the cake look exactly like I wanted. I would highly recommend Julie Bakes.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Terra · Married on 11/11/2012

Working with Julie was great, and her cake is AMAZING!! My fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed our tasting of Julie's cake prior to our wedding, and were just as satisfied with the cake on our wedding day. Many compliments from even my most picky friends were made about our wedding cake! Julie was very prompt in her responses to emails which calmed my anxious bride nerves, I will definitely refer all brides I know to Julie in the future!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Mrs. · Married on 10/07/2012

As a wedding vendor, I have had a LOT of wedding cake in the past three years but, let me tell you, Julie is the best! We loved tasting her creations and the ones we chose were HARD choices because we liked EVERYTHING she's done! I gave her a ton of changes, beginning to end, and she was so polite and professional and willing to work with me until the cake was PERFECT. She had the perfect shade of blue, designes that matched my wedding dress, the whole bit. The day of, when traffic was nuts and the ceremony was drawing near, she took the time to send me a text to tell me not to worry that, though she was running behind, she was only a few miles out and not to worry. She was the only vendor to do that and it was much appreciated! The cake was delicious and lovely and I HIGHLY recommend her to any bride!!!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kim · Married on 08/11/2012

Julie is AMAZING! She made our wedding cake and a Redskins themed grooms cake. We showed her pictures of what we would like and what she came up with was even more beautiful than I could have hoped for!

She really worked with us to figure what would work and came up with wonderful ideas!

We served our coconut flavored grooms cake on Friday night at our rehearsal dinner and every was raving about how delicious it was! That really made me excited for the strawberries and cream cake and marble cake with chocolate ganache that we picked for our wedding cake! And it was by far the best cake I've ever had!! 3 different flavors of cake and each was outstanding!

Julie is knowledgable, professional, a true artist and baker!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Megan · Married on 06/23/2012

Our cake was delicious! Julie was great to work with. Thanks Julie!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Katherine · Married on 06/02/2012

Julie’s cake, both strawberries/ vanilla and lemon curd/ lemon were delicious! The wedding cake was gorgeous with fresh flowers on top and on the layers. Even my husband thought it was wonderful!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Dianne · Married on 09/23/2011

I went to a number of bakeries before choosing Julie to bake my cake. One of the best wedding cakes I have ever had. I can't wait until our one year anniversary to break out the top tier!!!

Sent on 10/06/2011

C. · Married on 07/16/2011

What a wonderful wedding cake - Julie created everything we asked her to create. The tasting was so yummy - it really helped to narrow down the exact cake that was at the wedding.

In addition, Julie worked with us to create a very special wedding/birthday cake - Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. She was presented with a challenging task and the final cake was absolutely beautiful. Hats off to a wonderful and very creative baker!!!!! Two fabulous cakes for one wedding - doesn't get any better than that!!!!!!

Sent on 08/20/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2011

Julie was extremely pleasant to work with and her work speaks for itself. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and most importantly tasted great! People have already asked for her contact information for upcoming events based on our wedding cake. I would definitely use her services again!

Sent on 04/28/2011

Kelly · Married on 07/31/2010

Julie did a fabulous job on our wedding cake! First, she met us on a rainy day and brought us mini cakes so that we could taste various cake flavors and icings. It was my husband's favorite part of wedding planning! We showed Julie a photo of a cake that another baker in the area had designed. We were unable to afford that cake at the neighboring baker, but Julie was able to produce a replica for significantly less! It looked perfect and tasted even better! Our guests all raved about how delicious our cake was! We can't wait to eat our top layer on our anniversary! We look forward to it, and we definitely recommend Julie for your special occasion!

Sent on 09/08/2010