Julie Allen Bridals Reviews

167 | Newtown, CT

167 Reviews for Julie Allen Bridals

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2012

These ladies at Julie Allen are absolutely wonderful! The facility is designed so you aren't cramped when you try on dresses and you have the mirror in the room with you so you don't have to show the world a dress that's not your taste. I was not your typical bride that knew exactly what she wanted nor did I really want to even go dress shopping, but they were very patient with me and made it a truly enjoyable experience! One thing I did know I wanted was a red wedding dress and they really made it happen! I strongly recommend them!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Although I didn't purchase my dress from Julie Allen Bridal, I did try on dresses here and had a very pleasant experience. The staff was very kind and helpful. My consultant really listened to me and helped my find a number of beautiful dresses. The prices were very reasonable. In the end, I decided to buy another gown at a different store, but I really enjoyed my first wedding dress shopping experience at Julie Allen Bridal.

Sent on 01/26/2013

Ada A. · Married on 06/30/2012

Julie Allen, you are the best!!! I bought my wedding dress there with Cheryl (who was also our officiant), and my anniversary dress! Thank you so very much for your great services and friendliest atmosphere! I will be back :)))

Love Ada

Sent on 07/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/07/2012

Julie Allen was great in the whole process from picking out the dress, to the alterations, to finally wearing the dress on my wedding day. They were always very friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 07/16/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2012

I can not find ONE thing bad to say about Julie Allen! I found a dress in a magazine that I fell in love with. When I found out that it was within my price range I googled different shops in my area where I could just take a look and see if it was as beautiful in person. EVERY shop I called would not let me come in just to try on the one dress except for Julie Allen. They let me come in put me in the sample dress, then I left. A few weeks later I went for my official dress shopping with my mother and MOH.

The sales girl remembered me. They put the three of us in one large dressing room and gave me a slip and a strapless cossetted bra so I would be covered at all time. Then it was like Magic they had me in and out of about 15-18 dresses. They were honest if something didn't look good on me and they didn't push anything that was out of our price range, IN FACT that didn't even come close the the price we were looking at everything was under! I ended up purchasing that first dress I tried on.

Everytime that I have gone in there all the girls remember who I am, which I am amazed by. The Seamstress Anna WAS Brilliant. I fell in love with her the moment I met her. The owner (which I can not remember her name) Is involved in everything and super friendly. Whenever I go into this shop I leaving thinking I want to quit my job and start selling wedding dresses!

Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Kimberly · Married on 09/04/2011

I am so glad I worked with Julie Allen Bridal! Not only was my consultant amazing, understanding of my budget, and accomadating, but she pinned the perfect dress for me so quickly!

I am originally from CT but live in VA so was only able to be in town three times before my wedding. The first time I came I bought the dress, the second my dress wasn't in yet, and the third was for my first fitting (only a few weeks before the wedding). The next time I was going to see them was the Thursday before my Sunday wedding. The dress fit MUCH better but still had some tweaking to be done. The dress was finished by Saturday and fit PERFECTLY. They worked with me and my crazy schedule and situation. I truly don't think another bridal shop could have done this. I should probably mention that I was only engaged for 5.5 months so they really rocked and rolled :)

Sent on 09/27/2011

Teresa · Married on 08/13/2011

Julie Allen Bridals did an amazing job of ensuring that I had the dress of my dreams. They provide a wonderful selection of gowns and their seamstress Ana is amazing. I recommend Julie Allen Bridals highly.

Sent on 01/20/2012

Robin · Married on 08/06/2011

Melanie and her staff were amazing!!!!!! From the very beginning they went out of their way to help me find a specific dress I had seen in another store. After finding the right dress, she offered me a great price for it as well. The alteration process was great and was only 200 for 4 fittings with several changes each time! I loved this store so much that my bridesmaids and flower girls ordered their dresses from here as well. Everything was available on time when promised. Not only that but shopping at this store was like being part of the family! Melanie and her staff were so friendly and helpful and would offer true and honest advice. I loved this wedding dress experience and I am so happy I chose this store!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Ali · Married on 07/30/2011

Julie Allen has been in business a long time and it shows! They are very professional and know what they're doing. My dress was perfect! I highly recommend Julie Allen!

Sent on 02/01/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/09/2011

Julie Allen Bridals was the first and last place I went bridal gown shopping. Cheryl helped me find the perfect wedding dress that was the style and fit I was looking for. Also, Matron of Honor, MoB, and MoG dresses all came from Julie Allen. They had everything we were looking for, all the latest styles and newest bridesmaids dresses. I could not have asked for a better bridal salon expirence!

Sent on 07/26/2011

I can not speak highly enough of Julie Allen Bridals. The staff is friendly, courteous, helpful, and supportive. We met the women of Julie Allen while looking for my sisters gown in 2007 and when it came time for my wedding, I definitely wanted to go see them for my own and I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. When we walked in, I was greeted with a hug, smile, and congratulations as if I were part of their family. From that second, I felt like I was one of the gang. Melanie brought in a few dresses and pointed out the dress that she thought I would fall in love with. She was right! The gown was perfect for me. It had every detail I wanted and was an amazing fit for my body type. She really listened while I was telling her what I dreamed of for my wedding day.

The thing I love most about Julie Allen Bridals, is the way they can make you feel like part of their family or one of their best friends. They genuinely care about each and every one of the brides that comes through their door and it shows in their actions and words every time you see them. I genuinely miss going to see them and if/when we renew our vows, I will go there for a dress to wear. I send every one of my engaged friends/family members to them and I would tell anyone who is looking for a dress for themselves, bridesmaids, or family members that need a dress for their wedding to go and see Melanie and Lauren and the rest of the Julie Allen family because I couldn't imagine having had a better experience trying on a gown, picking a gown, and being incredibly happy with my choice of gown because they made it so wonderful. My sisters, mother, sister-in-law and mother-in-law all bought their gowns for not only my wedding, but both of my sister's weddings and my sister-in-law's wedding from Julie Allen Bridals because of the experiences we have had with them each and every time.

They are truly wonderful. I can not say enough good things about Julie Allen Bridals.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Dianne · Married on 10/24/2009

absolutley the best bridal shop. It was well worth the long drive. They made the experience fun and comfortable!

Sent on 11/16/2009

Kelly · Married on 06/13/2009

AMAZING! Can not say enough about Julie Allen Bridals and their staff.

Sent on 06/23/2009

Kristin · Married on 05/23/2009

This bridal shop is amazing. They are so professional and truly care about every single person that they touch. They went above and beyond to ensure that my veil made it to my wedding. The veil manufacturer went out of business and did not inform the store. When it was due to arrive the bridal shop began calling, emailing, and following up via fax. They did not put me in a panic and just tell me that I was not having a veil they called me and explained the situation but ALREADY had a back up plan in place. The veil arrived and I was able to pick it up as the same time as my dress!!!! They do whatever it takes to make you and your day feel special. I highly recommend searching through the wide variety of wedding gowns, mothers dresses, bridesmaid dresses and even tuxedos!

Sent on 06/09/2009
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/18/2008

The staff at Julie Allen Bridal is second to none. They have a great selection of designers and matched me with the perfect dress. They were always attentive and knew me instantly either in person or over the phone. Alterations were completed brialliantly and I could not have been happier with my experience.

Sent on 03/26/2009

Doranne · Married on 05/24/2008

absolutely wonderful! Took my body style and matched a perfect dress to me - something I probably wouldn't have looked at originally was a superb dress!

Sent on 05/31/2008

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2006

This venue is closed Sundays and Mondays. I have known Melanie for many years, and have used her services for many occaisions, Bat Mitzvah, weddings (I was the attendant), Proms. To be able to use her for my wedding was an honor. Melanie and her staff were very warm and welcome, and were wonderful with fittings and alterations. They do alterations in-house, and you do not need to go elsewhere for them. the prices for alterations are reasonable, too. for everything, the max is 250.00, but I only paid I believe 100-150 because I did not need a hem.

Sent on 01/04/2008

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2006

Sent on 10/13/2008

Lauren E. · Married on 09/26/2015

This bridal shop has helped make precious memories and a memorable experience for my family for more than one generation. I have found my dress here and the dress for my bridesmaids! This is by far the best bridal shop in the area and I would highly recommend them to anyone for their professionalism, knowledge, honesty and quality.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Thank you Melanie and Lauren, with out you picking the right dress for my body and seeing my vision of my wedding day. When Alan saw me for the 1st time it was priceless and a moment I will never forget.

Sent on 10/20/2014

I was nervous about dress shopping and the women at Julie Allen were phenomenal. They adapted to my preferences quickly and made the process entirely enjoyable. The personalized service was absolutely worth the trip.

Sent on 04/06/2014

Julie Allen was amazing!! Everyone that works there is truly there for you. My dress had to be reorded a week before my wedding because the designer who made the dress gave me bad tool! So without stressing me out they ordered me a brand new dress and had to take the original top off the skirt and attach the new skirt to the original top to make sure it still fit me perfectly. By the time the seamstress, Anna, got done with the dress I would have never known if they didn't tell me what happened with it. I recommend every bride to go there! Handsdown, a wonderful, amazing place that has been established for years!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/17/2010

I got the most beautiful gown from Julie Allen and for such an amazing price. The sales women are very responsive and really helped me find the gowns that matched my taste and price. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Sara · Married on 09/13/2008

I looked everywhere in NYC for the perfect dress and found it at my hometown store. Julie Allen bridals has a great selection and the service just can't be beat! From the first visit there, they remembered me whenever they saw me or when I called. When my dress did arrive, it was too big on me (yeah!) and they did a PERFECT job with the alterations. It fit me like a glove...perfect. It was a strapless dress and I never had to pull it up once. Alterations are a huge part of everything.

Sent on 09/30/2008

Hannah T. · Getting married on 05/30/2021

Bride/Bridesmaids/Mother

Not only did I get my dress from Julie Allen but all 6 of my bridesmaids and my mom got their dresses from there at well! From my own bridal fitting, the employees made sure I was comfortable and truly listened to the style dress I was looking for. Jen was absolutely amazing and found the dress of my dreams! My bridesmaids loved their experience as they were able to look through all of the different styles and try on as many as they wanted! My mom’s experience was the same.

Throughout these crazy times of covid, Julie Allen has been nothing but reassuring and accommodating to make these bridal milestones amazing!

Sent on 12/31/2020