Julie Allen Bridals Reviews

167 | Newtown, CT

167 Reviews for Julie Allen Bridals

• Laura

Laura · Married on 06/22/2014

Not only did Melanie find the dress of my dreams, they completed my entire bridal party -- and my girls looked amazing! We had all kinds of compliments! I wouldn't recommend any other bridal shop in the area, and I did go to a few. Julie Allen Bridals is simply the best! - Laura

Sent on 06/30/2014

Pamela · Married on 06/22/2014

Julie Allen and Melanie helped me find the perfect dress !

Sent on 07/30/2014

Amazing!!!! I'm in love with my dress. And my bridesmaids dresses were gorgeous!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2014

Words cannot express how truly outstanding my experiences have been with Julie Allen Bridals. All of the staff members here are extremely helpful and enthusiastic about helping you find that perfect dress. After picking what I thought was THE dress, I later called Melanie to let her know I needed to come back in to make the decision. She welcomed me back the following week and helped me to decide on the perfect dress. Three months later, my mom and I went in to look at some bridesmaids dresses, without an appointment, and the staff non only remembered us upon arriving and greeted us with open arms, but helped us to find wonderful dresses. I went to two other bridal shops for bridesmaids dresses and it only confirmed why I will never go anywhere else other than Julie Allen Bridals. Huge selection!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Julie Allen Bridal was simply amazing! I was taken care of mostly by Melanie and Cassie, but the entire staff was polite, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. They made me feel like I had known them my whole life and they truly seemed to care, not just about my dress/accessories, but also about making the process stress-free and fun! I got my bridesmaids' dresses, my dress, and my accessories at Julie Allen and all were high quality, well-fitted, and beautiful. Thank you Melanie, Cassie, and all the staff at Julie Allen! I would highly recommend this Bridal Shop!!!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Allison · Married on 06/07/2014

I got my wedding dress from Julie Allen Bridals and had such a good experience from beginning to end. The bridal consultant helping me was impressive in her ability to pare down what I wanted in a dress and bring me dresses that only included elements that I wanted. I had two different dresses in mind and she was great, but not pushy, in helping me make a decision. I ended up with a dress by a designer I hadn't heard about (Marissa) and was absolutely delighted with what I chose. I also didn't really want a belt, but ended up leaving with one because my consultant enlightened me as to how good it could look.

I had to have alterations done twice because I lost weight (great problem to have) but the seamstress that they have on site is a riot. She was so skillful and funny to boot that my mom, sister and I were literally in stitches (bad pun) when we left. She recommended specific types of alterations that would preserve the integrity of the lace dress and make the dress fit me perfectly.

My mom was even able to get her MOB dress and a second dress for my cousin's wedding!

The ladies that work here are great and if you even have a small idea of what you envisioned yourself walking down the aisle in, they can help you understand what your options are to make the best decision for you. You won't feel like you are being forced or rushed into making a decision.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Valerie · Married on 05/24/2014

Staff and expertise helped me feel that I will look my best and make my son proud of me on his wedding day. I found the perfect,age appropriate gown with their help. Even though I was late in looking for my dress, they worked to get it for me for my sons May wedding even when it was delivery for June weddings that were being scheduled at that time. This experience was relaxing with no pressure to make a sale. Anyone who doesn't stop by to look for your mother's dress here is missing out on a very pampered experience.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Nickie · Married on 05/03/2014

Mel and her staff at Julie Allen are absolutely amazing!!! I would shop there for any event! They have gone above and beyond for myself and my party. They have truly helped make wedding planning a breeze!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/02/2014

Perfect. We had gone to so many bridal shops this was by far the Friendliest and Best experience. They weren't pushy and showed me the perfect dress. My Mom and MIL to be also purchased there dress at Julie's! They were amazing!!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/26/2014

Thank you, Julie Allen, especially Lauren who helped me find the perfect dress after bringing in so many pictures of different styles that I liked and Cassie, who tailored the dress to perfection. I cannot imagine a more beautiful dress. I really appreciated the one-on-one help, the honest opinions, patience, and kindness that the employees extended to me. I hope I have the opportunity to go to galas and other events in the future so I return to Julie Allen where among the most beautiful of dresses in the world and among the most best employees that there could be exist!

I thought bridal dress shopping would be overwhelming, take several days, several trips to stores, but Julie Allen was the first store I visited and my dream dress was among the first few that I had tried on.

When our wedding date was changed to an earlier date, they were able to get my dress for me earlier, and for a small fee.

Thank you again again, Julie Allen!!!

Sent on 02/15/2014

Bought my gorgeous wedding gown here and had a great experience! Erika worked with me and was very patient and kind!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Katie · Married on 10/05/2013

I picked out by dress in April. I had a fabulous Salesperson named Lauren who helped me pick out the perfect dress. She gave me the best choices without even knowing what I wanted. Everyone is so wonderful and helpful there I would recommend this to anyone who wants a great wedding dress experience. They also have a variety of dresses in every budget. :)

Sent on 09/13/2013

Katie · Married on 08/10/2013

I happen to select Julie Allen Bridal at random because it was near my friend's house whom I was going dress shopping with. It was probably the best decision I made. I went dress shopping about a year before my wedding in January. I walked in and I felt that they really took the time to get to know a little about me and ask what kind of dress I was looking for and where the wedding was going to be. Once I said sweetheart neckline, lace and that I wanted a sash and at the time I wanted the wedding to be in a barn, the lady who was helping me said, "oh I think I have the perfect dress for you!" Although after that "perfect dress" I tried on a bunch more just for kicks, (they were very patient and didn't tell me there was a time limit or anything like I have seen on some of those wedding shows) I actually ended up buying the first dress that I tried on and it was exactly what I wanted and it was within my price range of $1,000. Every time I called on the phone to schedule appointments they were very friendly and helpful. Closer to my wedding I ended up purchasing my beautiful veil from them and doing the alterations there too so my dream dress fit me like a glove. I have been married for over a month and I am still getting compliments on the dress and veil and how stunning I looked on my wedding day. The dress and how you feel in the dress truly makes you day, so it's important that you trust the bridal shop to help to bring out your beauty! Thank you Julie Allen Bridal for everything!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Meghan · Married on 07/20/2013

My twin sister had purchased her gown from Julie Allen Bridals in 2009 for a 2010 wedding and since she had a great experience, I was absolutely willing to give it a shot. Jessica, the consultant who assisted us, was fabulous. She listens to what you are looking for and did not rest until she found the perfect gown for me (luckily it only took me 11 gowns to find it!). I ordered a gown, all my bridesmaids dresses and a veil that day. After second guessing the length of the veil, I went in 2 weeks later and Julie Allen’s was more than accommodating and flexible. After deciding on a long veil modeled after a shorter veil they immediately called the designer to see if they would make it and ship it to us in time. When the veil arrived unfortunately it was not the right one but Julie Allen stepped in immediately to help fix it. I had all of my alterations done there as well and the dress fit my body perfectly. The result was EXACTLY what I wanted and envisioned. My bridesmaids looked stunning in their dresses. I cried the minute I put both the dress and veil on together – it was perfect. Julie Allen Bridals was with me through every step – finding the dress, altering the veil, fixing the veil, alterations etc. – good or bad. It is not the type of salon where once you find the dress and purchase it, their job is done. I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Cristina · Married on 07/19/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about Julie Allen Bridal. Everyone there was helpful, friendly, and so excited about everything. I went there for my sister in law's bridesmaid dress, my own bridal gown, and my bridesmaids dresses.
    They are amazing. I lost my mom to cancer when I was younger and wanted to wear her veil even though it was 30 years old and crinkled in a ball in my attic. They steamed it and stored it for me and it looked brand new on my wedding day.
    If you want a positive experience and to feel like you matter, Julie Allen is IT!

Sent on 10/24/2013

I got my dress back in October when I did not know my exact wedding date since I was a military bride. Melanie was able to connect with me and picked out dresses that would work any time of year if we had to change the date. She did not overwhelm me with too many choices, and explained to my family when I found a dress that I loved that my family didn't want me to buy that I had found the one. She was not pushy, but it always felt like she was on my team. Luckily we were able to get married with the original date we chose and when I came for my alterations everyone was so awesome. My dress basically fit and just needed to be hemmed and small alterations. Anna was amazing and took the amount of time I needed until I was comfortable in my dress. When I picked up my dress they were helpful with explain what I should do with it for the two days before my wedding. Then finally after my wedding I brought my dress back to be cleaned and preserved. When my sister get married I will definitely recommend taking them to Julie Allen!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Erica · Married on 07/06/2013

Melanie and her staff went above and beyond for me! My dress was absolutely amazing, and literally the only part of my wedding that caused me no stress! The staff is always well informed and eager to help.. And answer my million questions! The selection of dresses was all I could have hoped for, and they made sure to not make it overwhelming by suggesting dresses that would look good and match my style.. Thank you Julie Allen!!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

The compliments on my dress keep coming even after a month after our wedding! The staff a Julie Allen's helped me find the perfect dress. After going to at least 5 other bridal shops, with the help of Jessica I found my dress at Julie Allen's! This family run store was so fun and professional to work with. We were always greeted with warm smiles and even hugs! They made me feel special and important and really listened to what I had to say. Ann did a wonderful job adjusting a few things on my dress too. I wish I could wear my dress again! (Casablanca by Enzoni. Beyond gorgeous...)

Sent on 08/03/2013

I LOVED working with Julie Allen. They were very knowledgeable and always responded to my phone calls. They were on top of everything. They made sure that everything arrived on time and even quickly corrected a problem when my grandmother's dress for the wedding arrived in a short version rather then long. The on site alterations were PERFECT! I highly recommend.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Katie · Married on 05/04/2013

Julie Allen was amazing in helping me find my dress for my wedding day.
    I had gone shopping at one other store which was also very nice but a little overwhelming showing me every dress they had in the store.
    Julie Allen's does it a little different than that. They ask you what you're looking for, what you like, what you don't like...then they go in the back and bring out dresses to you. I tried on about 4 dresses and while trying those on I'd say "well I wish it had this or that, or I like it but it needs more of this"....etc well more dresses were brought to me and the next dress I put on was "the one". I never thought I'd get that feeling everyone talks about...."when you try it on you know it's the dress for you". They were all pretty, until I tried this one on. This one blew all the others away. I said "you can put all the other dresses away, I won't be trying on anymore, this is it". I got that feeling :) I was ecstatic and the Julie Allen Bridal staff is so amazing, they do not push you, rush you, or make you feel uncomfortable in any way possible. They are there to make everything go easy for you and are just great people all around.

I sent my friend there a few weeks ago, she sent me a message later that day thanking me to tell her to go there because she got her wedding dress that day :)
    They're awesome at what they do and have a great selection of bridal dresses- if you're a bride definitely check them out. I'm sure you'll love them as much as I did!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Mary · Married on 04/21/2013

Melanie & staff are the bomb!

I loved, loved, loved my dress and my girls dresses! They all looked so beautiful on our wedding day.

The staff there really knows how to make you feel comfortable.
    They did not push anything that was out of my budget on me and even called the maker of my veil last minute to make alterations.

I would recommend Julie Allen to any bride or bridal party who wants to look their best!

I felt like a princess on my big day :)

Mary

Sent on 04/25/2013

Kristin · Married on 09/21/2012

I couldn't be happier with my experience at Julie Allen. Their consultant helped me find the perfect dress and the price was great. The owner is friendly and accommodating, which was important because I like in VA and had to make special trips up to CT for shopping and alterations and they made it work for me. My alterations person, Anna, was spectacular and is just SO talented.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Julie Allen's is great! I got my wedding dress there and the attendants were so helpful and fun to work with. I also got my veil there. The seamstress they use is adorable and knows her stuff! Very good staff, definitely recommend using them for wedding dresses!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kate · Married on 08/25/2012

I got my wedding gown at Julie Allen plus we also got 6 bridesmaid dresses and both mother's dresses from here! I loved the experience of going to Julie Allen; it was so much more relaxed and accommodating compared to the big bridal shops. The woman who did my tailoring was amazing and I will send all my friends here for their bridal gowns!!

Sent on 09/19/2012

Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!! They made sure that everything fit perfectly and it did. They have a large selection and patience to make sure you find exactly what you are looking for!

Sent on 09/19/2012