Julie Allen Bridals Reviews

167 | Newtown, CT

167 Reviews for Julie Allen Bridals

Jessica · Married on 08/28/2016

The staff here have been so accommodating at every step in the process. Their selection of beautiful gowns made it difficult to choose just one, but everyone was patient with the process and I fell in love with an eddy k gown. The alterations were also amazing-- I can't speak highly enough about Julie Allen!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Jenna · Married on 08/27/2016

Amazing dresses!

This was the first place I tried on dresses and they were amazingly helpful! They showed me so many gowns and really listened to what I liked and didn't like. I left without a dress my first time because I am so indecisive. I decided to go back there at a later time with less people and they happened to be having a trunk show for Eddy K dresses and I tried back on a dress that I had originally tried on and I knew it was the once. I got a great price and great customer service! They also were able to help my bridesmaids with their dresses!

Sent on 12/09/2019

I've been in great hands from the moment I walked into Julie Allen Bridals. I was so worried about dress shopping because I don't fit into most sample sizes. The ladies at Julie Allen made me feel comfortable, and dress shopping was a breeze.
    When the dress came in, it didn't fit well (a bride's nightmare, right?). The owner reacted so quickly, I actually didn't have even the time to start worrying about it. She generously offered to exchange the size for me, and it was a completely stress-free situation. Their seamstress is an absolute sweetheart, and the alterations process has been easy and worry-free. I am so glad I chose to purchase my dress here!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Melissa · Married on 04/23/2016

I ordered my dress super early (16 months before wedding!) . I am so in love with my dress. My consultant Jessica was so awesome and listened to my vision, even though i really didn't have too many ideas. The first dress i tried on was AMAZING! But i didn't want to just settle on the first one... i wanted more experience. i tried on probably 5 more, but nothing compared (though they were all beautiful and i'm sure other brides would LOVE them) to the first one. I bought the first dress, needless to say. Great deal compared to some other shops, but the head piece i purchased much later was pretty expensive, though that is normal, from what i have seen from other shops...My bridesmaids also got all of their dresses there. I was only concerned that it took 12 months for my dress to arrive and 7 months before the bridesmaids--- but again, that is because we order SUPER early. i'm sure if the wedding was closer the dresses would come accordingly. Again, Jessica, and the owner Melanie have been amazing! It's a small but mighty shop with lots to choose from!

Sent on 01/13/2016
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 03/11/2016

I have to say I am so happy my manager recommended me to Julie Allen.. I first was at davids bridal and it was not personal it was in a small room where you could not even see yourself. I also went to another place in Greenwich, HORRIBLE. FONTANAS that place be aware they are nasty.

However when I came into my job my boss said 20 years ago she got her dress from Julie allen and to just give it a try, I went with my mom randomly one day and BOY am I happy I did.. they bring you into a personal room ask questions that are great keep a convo with you. don't go out of your price range and they bring you in dresses to your desire. there is seats in the room for everyone if you bring ppl, the last dress I tried on was amazing my mom cried even customers were saying its amazing and the staff..OMG so sweet. they worked with my schedule for fittings and the sweetest woman fits you. I have never seen such a nicer place.. from the outside you wouldn't think that its the place but it really is!! EVERYONE SHOULD GO. I wish I can visit all the time!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Rebecca · Married on 10/31/2015

Amazing service! Great group of ladies!! Jessica was not only helpful, but FUN!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Very professional and personable!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Kayleigh · Married on 09/12/2015

I was nervous about getting my dress altered because it had to be brought up about 6 inches and was a difficult lace to cut. The seamstress Cassie did an absolute amazing job and you couldn't even tell the dress had been shortened. Not only did we bring in the dress but I wanted to make some changed to the neckline. Melanie had different ideas of how to alter the neckline and sleeves and the outcome was absolutely stunning. I knew I didn't have to worry about anything and the end product was better than I could have imagined. They definitely go above and beyond to satisfy their customers.

Sent on 10/24/2015

When my husband and I got engaged, a close friend highly recommended Julie Allen Bridals to us. The owner and her daughter are incredible women to work with and made dress shopping both easy and fun! For my first appointment, they talked to my mom and I about what we had envisioned for the wedding, specifically the venue, flowers, theme, colors, etc. They then brought three dresses into the dressing room for me to try on. This was a much better experience than other dress shops I had been to where the salesperson asked me to look through hundreds of dresses and pull any I thought would be a contender (talk about overwhelming a bride!). I'm so happy to say that I chose the second dress I tried on that day at Julie Allen's and couldn't be happier.

I was also planning my wedding from Colorado and could only make it home for fitting appointments on certain days. This was no problem at all for the seamstresses at Julie Allen, they were happy to accommodate my travel schedule and were extremely flexible.

Thank you Julie Allen Bridals for making me feel gorgeous!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 07/25/2015

I found Julie Allen Bridals through my cousin who got her gown from here. I knew what I wanted having been to a couple of other locations and not really getting the experience nor finding the gown I had visioned for myself. As soon as the consultants got my group into a private room, I knew I would find my gown here. After trying on about 6 gowns I finally found the "one". A Maggie Sottero (which i wanted all along but had no idea the gown i chose was her brand until after i already paid for it!) The staff at Julie Allen Bridals worked so quickly and made the decision process so much easier for me with explaining how the entire process worked. I was able to order my gown in a petite size/length since I'm only 5' tall. The gown and veil came in within the promised time the staff said it would and i began my alterations (which you have to pay separately and in cash-but that's okay because those ladies really know what they are doing!) After three fittings I was able to pick up my gown and veil. They allowed me to keep them there for as long as I could before the wedding as to be sure nothing would happen to them.

All of the staff at Julie Allen Bridals were truly amazing and I will definitely be referring them to my girlfriends in the future!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Margaret · Married on 07/19/2015

I bought my wedding dress and got my girls' bridesmaids dresses at Julie Allen Bridals. The experience was wonderful. I went to try on dresses there and after 9 dresses, Melanie walked into the dressing room, asked me what I liked, and then came back with what turned out to be my dream dress and the one I chose! Melanie and the staff are exceptional. They are true professionals and very genuine. They treat you like family when you walk in the door and that's exactly how I felt throughout the entire process. I looked stunning on my wedding day, and my dress fit perfectly. I owe that all to Julie Allen Bridals and the personal care and time they took in making sure my wedding dress and my girls' bridesmaid dresses were perfect and exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend Julie Allen Bridals over any other bridal shop!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Emily · Married on 06/21/2015

I purchased my wedding dress at Julie Allen, and was so pleased with my experience with them. I got personalized attention, and they remembered me every time I walked into the door. They pulled a selection of dresses for me to try based off what I said I liked. I had a wonderful experience, and they gave great one-on-one attention. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 08/22/2015

The staff at Julie Allen Bridals are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Their seamstress is amazing. The whole process was a breeze!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Erica · Married on 06/13/2015

Everyone at Julie Allen was so helpful when finding all the dresses for my wedding! From myself, my mother and my 2 bridesmaids we all had a great experience with them!

Sent on 09/21/2015
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 05/24/2015

I ordered my wedding gown back in June for my upcoming May 2015 wedding. Even though I still have some time before the big day, I felt compelled to write about my experience with the lovely staff at Julie Allen Bridals. I would encourage any bride looking for exemplary service in a comfortable environment to make an appointment here. Every employee that I've come into contact with has been so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. My consultant, Jessica, was amazing! She listened to what I was looking for and was able to pull several gorgeous gowns for me to try on, including what ended up being THE dress! In addition to my gown I also ended up finding a sash and veil to complete the look, plus I also found the perfect bridesmaids dresses for my bridal party. I'm so, so happy that I chose Julie Allen Bridals!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2015

If you are looking for the dress of your dreams you need to Julie Allen. They are professional, and they know every dress in the store! Every dress I tried on flattered my figure, so it was hard to pick t"he one!" Melanie was fabulous. She was patient, kind, and honest. It felt like family from the moment my girls and I walked in! She was happy to help me narrow it down when I asked her opinion, which was a big help since I am so indecisive. I can't say enough for the ladies at Julie Allen. Everyone treated my friends and I like royalty. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Nina · Married on 05/15/2015

Julie Allen is the place to go for your dream dress and bridesmaid dresses!! The staff is so easy to work with and always make sure you feel like special! Thank you for everything myself and my bridesmaids would not have looked as amazing as they did without you guys!

Sent on 06/16/2015

I got my bridesmaid dress here for my brothers wedding and when I found out the company was discontinuing the dress the staff at Julie Allen were so nice and accommodating where I could try the dress on and order it. They were so nice to work with. A few weeks later I returned with my mom to look for a dress for her and once again the staff were so professional and friendly. We tried on so many dresses the staff was very patience and it never felt like we were rushed. We finally found a beautiful dress for my mom. I can't wait until I get married I will definitely return back to look for wedding dresses. I would recomened this bridal shop to all my friends, and have already!!!

Sent on 02/07/2015

Julie Allen Bridal saved my wedding... literally! I bought a wedding dress at a different boutique (off the rack) 3 months before my wedding. When I picked up the dress a month before the wedding to get it altered, the dress was destroyed! Ripped, stained, and unwearable. I was in tears. I went to over 15 different bridal stores over Valentine's day weekend looking for a new dress... off the rack, with sleeves, and A-line is not an easy request. Julie Allen Bridal found me the PERFECT dress! They went out of their way to help a flustered bride out (who had no appointment and no time to spare). They squeezed me in for alterations and had EXTREMELY!!! fair pricing! Their seamstress is unreal, basically a magician! She added sleeves to my dress. She also turned the dress into an Aline dress that hit at just the right points! I can not say enough positive things about Julie Allen Bridal! Ask for Lauren, she really knows her stuff and has the ability to pick the perfect dress for every bride!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Everyone at Julie Allens is fabulous. I got my dress, my MOH and my mothers dress here. My mother has cancer and when we ordered her dress she was a size 2. Then when it came in due to medication, she gained some weight and we needed to order a larger size. The owner made it so easy for us to reorder and even gave us a great deal. They treated her like a queen and she looked fabulous the day of my wedding. They are angels at Julie Allens.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Julie Allen Bridals is THE place to go for your wedding dress and bridesmaids gowns. I had a great experience there. The staff are professional, courteous and willing to work with unique ideas. I initially had no idea what style dress I was looking for. Julie Allen Bridals was able to narrow my search, and then were more than happy to create a very unique dress for me. I chose to add a beaded belt to my bust line. The seamstress did such a great job- it looked as if the belt was part of the dress and not added. My dress was absolutely stunning and one of a kind. In addition all of my bridesmaids were very happy with the dresses they chose, and how the seamstress was so experienced. I highly recommend Julie Allen Bridals!!!

Sent on 03/01/2015

This family owned business has much experience in assisting you find the dress of your dreams. I found my wedding dress here and absolutely adore it! They are prepared to make your time as stress free as possible with the in-store seamstress and preservation service afterwards.

Sent on 10/23/2014

I had an amazing experience at Julie Allen's. It was my first time searching for a dress. I walked in with a few pictures of wedding dresses that I liked, and they actually ended up having one of the exact dresses. It was the first dress I tried on and it was perfect! I ended up choosing this exact dress I had wanted. All of my bridesmaids and my maid of honor came with me. Jessica (the woman helping us) asked if they wanted to try on some bridesmaids dresses since we found my dress so quickly. Then, she helped us pick out the perfect bridesmaids dresses and maid of honor dress on the same day! They were great at Julie Allen's, incredibly friendly and helpful, and I LOVE MY DRESS! (Also, the dress was totally within my budget! They carry a range of dresses and can fit almost anyone's budget). I highly recommend you go to Julie Allen's!

Sent on 11/27/2013

Patrice · Married on 08/24/2014

I found my wedding dress and bridesmaids dress at Julie Allen Bridals. The staff was so helpful. I found a dress in a magazine that I loved for my bridesmaids that I wanted for them. They did not have it in the store so they called were able to get the dress quick so I could see it. When I was there looking for my dress I told them what I liked and did not like. The consultant pick out dresses that fit what I was looking for. I absolute love my wedding dress.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Beth · Married on 08/03/2014

I am speaking from years of experience. I bought my wedding dress from Julie Allen Bridals over 32 years ago (Melanie was a part of the business at that time as well). I have recommended them to others over the years and this past summer Julie Allen's was our choice for our daughter's wedding dress (as well as her maid of honor's dress and mine). We were amazed at the fact that our daughter had found her dream wedding dress as well as her maid of honor's dress in under 2 1/2 hours! The entire staff is extremely knowledgeable and supportive. My daughter had the opportunity to speak with Lauren before our appointment to fill her in on what she was looking for in her dress. When we arrived for our appointment Lauren had pulled approximately 6 dresses for my daughter to start with. The first one she tried on she said "this is it"... with some coaxing she tried on approximately 15-20 dresses. I would have never guessed that she would have ended up choosing the first dress she tried on. Lauren's first pick was the dress that my daughter envisioned herself walking down the aisle in... Lauren had also found the perfect headpiece. Her professionalism and genuine concern for my daughter's happiness was so apparent. She answered all of our questions and we never felt pressured or rushed. I made an appointment for a month later with Melanie to shop for my "mother of the bride dress". I explained to Melanie the style that I was interested in. She went to work bringing me about 12 choices that she thought that I would like. She too has amazing intuition. I found my dress in one of the first few that I tried on. I also purchased my jewelry while I was there. It was wonderful to be able to pull my ensemble together with one vendor. I will continue to recommend Julie Allen Bridals to anyone that I know is shopping for that perfect dress for their special day. They offer the service and expertise that every bride and her party deserve!

Sent on 02/09/2015