Julianne's Alterations Reviews

18 | Columbia Station, OH

18 Reviews for Julianne's Alterations

Alyssa · Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend!

So happy I chose Julianne’s for my wedding dress alterations! Denise was so helpful and knowledgeable! My dress needed quite the alterations done and Denise did a fantastic job!!! She was very responsive and very reasonable pricing! Would highly recommended:)

Sent on 09/07/2019

Katie · Married on 11/12/2016

I worked with Denise at Julianne's Alterations and she was great! I had a hard time finding someone to do alterations since I bought my dress in Michigan. Denise really knew her stuff and I did not feel nervous leaving my dress in her hands. I had a bridesmaid dress for my wedding dress - it was all lace, open back, high neckline, non-strapless. I only need one fitting with her (my dress was pretty simple) and it fit perfectly at the final fitting. The quality was great, as was the price! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/09/2016

My several sizes too big dress found me, the only thing that wasn't perfect was the fit and the back and Diane with Julianne's Alterations made my dress PERFECT! She was able to take out the corset add zippers and pearl buttons. She also added a belt and hemmed the dress. It turned out absolutely amazing! Thank you!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Mary · Married on 07/30/2016

This wholeheartedly deserves a 5 star review. My lace, fitted dress did not actually fit me from the hips up. And a structured dress that is wider than you are is the definition of unflattering. She got the dress to fit perfectly into my body without causing the lace to look goofy, she did (what I have to imagine is a fairly complicated) lace hem with ease, she tweaked it several more places and she added a bustle. The dress looked like it was made for me. Oh, and it was very reasonably priced, a great value. You should probably call :)

Sent on 08/17/2016

Anna · Married on 07/09/2016

Denise is amazing. She did all my alterations in about a week including hemming, taking the dress in, sewing cups and fixing straps. She made an amazing bustle that you truly could not see at all when my dress was fully down. She was very kind and very efficient! It was well worth the longer drive to be able to work with her. She was incredibly affordable, giving me a much lower price to do all these things than anyone else did by far. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Nikki · Married on 06/03/2016

Julianne's Alterations is professional and affordable. All of the services are provided right in Denise's home. She has flexible times and is so polite. My mother and I went back twice for fittings and never had any problems. She was beyond affordable! I recommended her to my local bridal party and for my cousin's wedding. If I ever have a dress that needs to be altered, I know I will call Denise. She may be an hour from my home, but she is worth the drive. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/21/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

Denise is absolutely AWESOME!! She altered both my mom's dress and mine, and they turned out beautifully. When our hems were too long at our final fitting, she fixed them with no issues and only a couple days' time - all at no extra charge. Keep in mind that my gown has a lace overlay on the bottom that had to be removed and resewn, not a simple hem at all. My bustle is gorgeous, and I cannot wait to wear my dress on my wedding day! I wouldn't trust anyone else with my dress. Thanks Denise :)

Sent on 10/06/2015

Ciara · Married on 09/05/2015

Denise from Julianne's Alterations is fantastic. She runs her shop out of her home, and has been doing wedding alterations and dress-making for years. She is extremely affordable and does a FANTASTIC job. My dress had lace detailing so I was expecting to pay extra for that, but Denise's pricing was still affordable. My dress needed a lot of adjusting on the top and mid section in addition to the hem and bustle. She's very nice and professional and offers great advice. My dress fit me like a glove thanks to Denise.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2015

I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at Julianne's! My dress was taken in, bustled, cups added and adjusted, hemmed, and I added buttons along the zipper for just $200! I couldn't even get it bustled and hemmed for that price at other shops! I had multiple fittings and every time no matter what needed to be adjusted I never had to pay more! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/24/2015

Denise did a fantastic job altering my wedding dress!! It looked perfect. She is so easy to work with and very flexible. Her prices are outstanding (especially compared to what many of the dress stops charge). She also made a veil for me which worked out perfectly for the wedding. If you're on a budget and want great quality work... this is the place to come!!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Robin · Married on 12/13/2014

Denise is fabulous! She flawlessly altered my designer wedding gown as well as my bridesmaids' dresses. We all developed such a great rapport with her and her flexibility was on point in dealing with such a big number of ladies, in addition to all her other clientele. The environment in which she works is so quaint and personal...yet it was her personality and how she connected with all of us to make us comfortable and really have our concerns addressed that made all the difference! If you need alterations for any occasion, go to Denise...she will without question do exactly what you need. An added bonus...pricing is beyond reasonable for what she gives you as a finished product.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Rebecca · Married on 09/06/2014

I planned my Ohio wedding from Oklahoma, where I live now. I bought my dress in Oklahoma and had my alterations done at the boutique where I bought the dress. At my final fitting, my dress did not fit at all how I had hoped it would, and when I told the seamstress what I didn't like about it, she just told me that's how it was going to look because of the boning in the dress.

Needless to say, I was very upset and my sister recommended that I try calling Julianne's to see if she could fit me in the week before my wedding. I called, and luckily Denise made room for me in her schedule. She was amazing!! She re-did my entire dress--taking in the sides, re-hemming the bottom, and fixing the bustle, and she charged me less than half of what the original place charged me. Not only did she do an amazing job, but she got my dress the Tuesday morning before my wedding and had finished it for me by Thursday! I cannot say enough positive things about the work Denise did for me at Julianne's. She was a saint, and I would recommend anyone in the area to her for alterations!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2013

She handled my dress along with my sisters and moms. Had 1 fitting and was perfect to pick up the next appointment. She hemmed, bustled and took in my dress. The bustle was complicated to create and never broke which friends had warned me happens sometimes. She works out of her house by appointment only

Sent on 11/07/2013
  • Tonya

Tonya · Married on 05/07/2011

Juliannes did my dress alterations. And they were a great value - I bought a sample dress at Filene's "Running of the Brides" event this past fall. The only problem? Dress was a size 12 and I am a 2 on top and maybe a 6 on the bottom.

They removed the beading, cut that dress apart and drastically altered both the back and side seams, added cups in the dress, shortened the straps, cut at least 6 inches off the bottom to hem it, added a bustle, and put the beading back on. For $200 dollars total. I think I had 6 different appointments to piece that dress back together and do adjustments until it fit like a glove. I didn't even know *if* that dress could be adjusted to my size and not only did they do it, but they did a great job!

Highly recommend them for any alteration, but expecially for really challenging ones. Very professional!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Andria · Married on 10/17/2009

I cannot say enough positive things about this shop! I have sent every friend I know there. Everything is sold on consignment-you might find something brand new or used. My dress happened to still have the tags on it and was the dream dress I had been looking for. All alterations were done on site by the owner, Mary Ann. I purchased my veil and hairpiece there as well. The BEST part is how personal your shopping experience is. The women that work there know what is going on and can tell you what is too much with your jewelery and what goes best. There is NO pressure and that was HUGE for me. I couldn't make a decision so they put both dresses in the back for me until I could come back. FANTASTIC experience, I highly recommend you check them out!

Sent on 11/12/2009

Melanie · Married on 10/04/2008

Denise (the owner) did my alterations. She has the most reasonable alterations prices in Cleveland...I'm convinced. She has amazing talent and is very quick. I would definitely recommend her highly. Just don't go to Catan's...they charge a fortune for alterations and, from what I've heard, they aren't the best quality. 440-235-7774 www.juliannebridal.com

Sent on 02/16/2009

Bre · Married on 09/04/2016

Julianne was great to work with! She was very flexible and professional to work with. I didn't feel stressed and she offered great suggestions on the bustle and even things she didn't need to such as wedding gloves that go with the dress. The only reason it wasn't a perfect 5 star is because one of the buttons on my dress for the bustle popped off while dancing and I had to hold my dress for the last two hours of the wedding (it was partly because of the people on my side who couldn't think of a fix either).

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • User2420503 · 2+ years ago

Amazing seamstress. I chose her to do alterations, then completely changed my mind about the dress. Luckily, she was able to basically make my dress into exactly what I wanted. You won't find a better value for the money. She's great!

Sent on 11/05/2012