Julia Marie Arnold Makeup Artistry Reviews

8 | Corrales, NM

8 Reviews for Julia Marie Arnold Makeup Artistry

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2013

Julia did my wedding makeup and I cannot say enough good things about my experience! I'm not great with makeup, but Julia somehow deciphered my terribly vague explanations and made me look like a knock out! She was a joy to be around with such a naturally calming energy. I never realized how stressed out I was until I sat down in her chair and it all just melted away in her presence.
    She was so knowledgeable, which was a huge help as I knew nothing about airbrush makeup. She educated me on how it works, what would be best with my pale complexion, and what would photograph well in our outdoor venue. If I ever had questions, she was always available, no matter how many times I'd probably already asked her and just forgotten the answer. She even squeezed in my maid of honor who liked my makeup so much she decided she wanted hers done too!
    My makeup lasted all night long, through some overcast humidity.. and then some rain.. and then some warm sunshine. Mother nature was very unpredictable, but Julia's talent and my makeup were far from it. I wish she could do my makeup every day! I would highly recommend her for any and all special events you might have!

Sent on 07/03/2013
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/06/2012

Julia did my makeup for our engagement photos and the wedding. She is AMAZING! I was so pleased with the results... I wish she could airbrush me every day! Thank you, Julia, for making me feel so beautiful on such an important day. I highly and enthusiastically recommend Julia Arnold!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Angela · Married on 09/29/2012

I am so thankful that I found Julia!

Being relatively new to the Nashville area with no one to turn to for recommendations, I was totally lost when it came to finding a makeup artist for my wedding. After living in NYC for a few years, I became kind of a cosmetic junkie. I tend to wear a full face of makeup even to run errands, and my guilty pleasure is watching youtube makup tutorials. Admittedly, I am a bit picky about my makeup. After a horrible trial with another local artist, I was panicked. Thankfully, Julia was recommended to me and was available.

After my trial run with Julia, I knew I could relax. On the day of the wedding, the makeup looked even better. I felt so incredibly beautiful, and the makeup looks absolutely flawless in photographs – even in the unretouched snapshots from family and friends. Julia also airbrushes your neck and shoulders, making your skin look perfect.

I had been really worried about the longevity of the makeup, because I needed to have it done in the early morning, but the photographs weren’t starting until late afternoon (and the reception wasn’t ending until late in the evening). It lasted beautifully. My skin is a bit oily and tends to look shiny after several hours. Julia gave me a powder puff and some powder to touch up. I did this about 3 times during the long day, just to make sure there was no shine, and the makeup stayed looking flawless – there was no cakey powdery look.

I talked my sister into also having her makeup done as a gift from me. She also looked super gorgeous!

As a bonus, Julia is very sweet. She helped to calm me down on the morning of the wedding. Also, in my semi-dazed state that morning, I forgot about the deposit I had paid and overpaid for our services. Julia is so honest and professional, that she brought it to my attention.

We still have another photo session that was built into our photography package. I’m hoping to book Julia’s services for those photos as well!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Lori · Married on 03/31/2012

Julia was amazing. She was incredibly personable and professional-she made the day completely stress free!

Now, the makeup looked incredible, especially in pictures. The airbrushing makes your skin look flawless - wow, I wish I could get this done every day. I wore the makeup all day for the wedding - as well as the next day, with almost no touch ups.

Huge thank you to Julia - I will recommend her to everyone I know who is looking to get makeup done.

Sent on 04/26/2012

Anne Marie · Married on 09/17/2011

I used Julia for my engagement photos, bridal portraits and on my wedding day. She was so great on my engagement photos that I asked her back two more times for my other sessions. My make-up was flawless all day on all three occassions. I did my bridal portraits in the morning and she was so flexible with me to start my makeup at 5:30am! Aside from my makeup on my wedding day, she made my bridemaids look gorgeous! I appreciated her timeliness for my makeup and the overall experience was exceptional. I would reccommend Julia Arnold for any occasion whether it be a wedding, photo shoot or makeup for a party. She is awesome!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Katie · Married on 03/25/2011

Julia was absolutely amazing. I felt so comfortable the whole time and felt that I could really communicate what I wanted from her. She had a consultation with me a few weeks before which made the day of very relaxed and comfortable. She showed me some different options during the trial and I could tell her exactly what I liked so that I was completely satisfied on the day of the wedding. Such a perfect day! Thank you Julia!

Sent on 03/29/2011
  • cherie

cherie · Married on 05/12/2012

Julia did my makeup for both my pre-wedding photo sessions & my wedding day. My makeup was flawless & looks just wonderful in our photos. It also lasted all day in both the heat & later, the rain, while feeling as if I had nothing on. Julia also did my MOH & my sister/coordinator and they both told me that they couldn't remember when they felt so beautiful. She was just delightful & a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Kristi · Married on 04/21/2012

4.2

Julia did a great job! She is super sweet and knows how to make your skin look flawless! Julia and Jamie (hair stylist) came out tomy bridal suite, set up their gear and made us all beautiful. We received tons of compliments on our hair and makeup. Julia uses airbrush foundation that photographs great. I recommend both these girls, not only for their personality but their skills as well :)

Sent on 05/16/2012