Jules Bakery Reviews

16 | Marion, IA

16 Reviews for Jules Bakery

Elizabeth · Married on 09/08/2012

If you are a bride in Cedar Rapids, IA then I highly recommend checking into Jules Bakery! They have amazing cakes at competitive prices. We had strawberry champagne, champagne, and chocolate for our flavors and everyone was thrilled! I had guests going back for seconds!!!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Jess · Married on 07/07/2012

Julie and her staff at Jule's Bakery worked with us and did an amazing job on our wedding cakes. She decorated the cake very simply but beautifully. The three different flavors of cake tasted delicious. She also worked with me to design a creative groom's cake which we used at our rehearsal dinner. I would recommend Jule's Bakery to anyone!

Sent on 08/08/2012
  • AddaThoene

Adda · Married on 10/15/2011

Thank you so much for doing a wonderful job! Everyone LOVED the cake and all we had left was the top tier that we saved for us! The cake was beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned. The chocolate was so yummy and the raspberry and lemon sheet cake was as well! In the future I will always come to Jules for birthday cakes and anything else I may want or need! Thank you again for such a wonderful experiance and delicious cake!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Sarah · Married on 03/06/2010

The cake was delicious and beautiful. She made the cake of my dreams at an affordable price. She was very willing to do whatever we wanted and had multiple pictures to show us. The samples we had to try were delicious and I wouldn't have wanted any other cake!

Sent on 05/16/2010

Erinn · Married on 06/05/2008

Jules was really wonderful. She worked with me over the phone and via email to help plan for our out of state reception. I had a real vision for the cake and she completely recreated it!

Sent on 11/10/2008

Renae · Married on 06/09/2007

Our cake was wonderful and it tasted awsome! We have always wanted Jules to do our wedding cake because we have been her loyal customers ever since they opened. She comes highly recommended for any bakery needs!

Sent on 06/30/2008

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2006

My cake was perfect. I designed it and they made it. Wonderful.

Sent on 06/20/2008

Hannah · Married on 04/12/2008

Our cake was beautiful and delicious!!! We're going to get a cake from them every year on our anniversary!

Sent on 08/04/2008

Sara · Married on 08/13/2016

We loved our wedding cake from Jules Bakery! It was a beautiful four tiered cake with our wedding colors: mint and gold.
    The mint was a little darker than our colors but it still looked beautiful. We loved all of our flavors and barely had any cake left at the end of the night!

Sent on 09/09/2016
  • ANGELA & CHAD

Angela B. · Married on 09/18/2011

The cake from Jules bakery was wonderful. The flavor was great. We had been to several bakeries trying to find this particular cake. They made it exactly as we wanted. The only drawback to Jules is they don't deliver and are not open on Sundays. Thankfully our venue had no problem storing the cake overnight for our Sunday wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2011
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 04/30/2011

Jules bakery did a great job for us. Rather than traditional wedding cake we chose to do cake truffles (cake balls). Jules did a wonderful job on them. They looked great and tasted even better. Along with the cake truffles we had a small cutting cake. I was very pleased with the service we received from Jules Bakery. I would use them again.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/28/2007

Not only was Jule's cake AMAZINGLY delicious and BEAUTIFUL, but she has a fantastic personality for weddings. I had mini freak-out about the cake and she took me behind the counter to show me how everything would work and what it would look like. PLUS she fed my fiance brownies to keep him entertained :) She costs a little more than others in town but she is well-worth it. The only thing was that I didn't get to try a piece of the strawberry-champagne cake-- our guests ate it up and it was all gone when I tried to get a second piece!

Sent on 10/29/2007

Brenna · Married on 05/12/2007

My husband and I were having a Disney themed wedding so I was looking for someone to make the Mad Hatter hat from Alice in Wonderland as our cake. Several vendors flat out told us no, or they tried to get us to alter our vision to make it easier for them. Then we found Jules!

Jules was great to work with and customized our order just as we wanted it. They had never made a top hat as a cake before but were up for the challenge and it turned out great. It looked amazing and was the talk of the reception. Everything on the cake was edible, including the 10/6 card on the side (made out of chocolate).

They also made two additional sheet cakes for us that tasted great. We had four different flavors and many of our guests wanted to try a piece of each, but we ran out because we didn't count on 4 slices for each guest.

The only complaint - and this is VERY small - was that we requested that card symbols be the decoration on the sheet cakes, but got little flowers instead. Other than my husband and I (who made the order) no one else even noticed so we just shrugged it off.

Sent on 07/18/2008

Angie · Married on 06/23/2007

The cake was really good, but we did not have what we asked for on our sheet cake and they stated that they were going to setup the cake for us and they just dropped it off and my Aunt had to set it up. I was so disapointed.

Sent on 10/19/2007

Larry · Married on 09/05/2009

1.8
      3.5
      3.0

What can I say.
    We were so excited for our reception. The cake we ordered looked absolutely beautiful in the photo album. Julie asked us to write a list of 150 (or so) "words" that were important/meaningful to us.
    The end result was a cake that looked NOTHING like what we had ordered.
    The frosting was cracked on top where they had inserted some support for the cake toppers.
    NO WORDS were on the top of the cake...all in all VERY DISAPPOINTING!
    The words were to be in 3 lines - different "fonts" and random.
    It appeared that Jules got in a hurry and decided to just make a lot of the words larger to just get this "job" over with.
    The sheet cakes were to have dark purple flower buds on each piece.
    When delivered all of the flowers were white.
    They took the cakes back to the bakery and added purple and silver (grey) flowers.
    They did, however come back w/some frosting and added more words from our list.
    All of this being said...noone from Jule's sent us a note, or called to say "we're sorry"
    We made it clear that the cake WAS NOT what we had ordered.
    Larry & Russ

Sent on 01/02/2010

0.6
      0.5

***** AVOID - Rip off and horrible customer service - Got sick from cake!

This was the worst experience of my life! I ordered a red velvet birthday cake to be delivered and was charged $60, For a $35 cake and a $25 unknown delivery charge. I was told they would drop it off for free since it was less than a mile on the same road. I was then charged both $60 and $35. When I was finally able to get in touch with the owner, she got nasty with me and lied about delivery charge! We ended up throwing more than half of the cake away because three of us got sick. The owner cared nothing about the cake or the quality, only the money. I will never use this bakery again or recommend it, in fact I recommend avoiding it altogether. Bad quality cake, horrible customer service and unethical business owner! I am a small business owner as well, and you can't stay in business with this type of quality and horrible customer service. Three people getting sick from the cake should've caused a total refund which I wasn't even asking for, I just asked her to honor her original agreement! Now I have to go through the hassle of contacting my bank for an unauthorized charge!

Sent on 09/11/2013