JTL Events Reviews

JTL Events 2
JTL Events 3

Megab Davis · Getting married on 10/24/2020

One word? Amazing!!

We hired JTL Events after we found out that we were having a baby! We had 6 weeks to pull a wedding together and they did it!! From start to finish, Trista (the owner) was with us very step of the way. We worked on the day of the wedding with Shireen and Jazlyn (2 of the event coordinators) and they went above and beyond to make sure our day went off without a single issue. They event went as far as to help people get from their cars, down to the ceremony sight. It had been raining and they ran back and forth with umbrellas to help each of our guests. The team was beyond all of our expectations. We spent $700 and could not believe the quality of service we received. Saying truly impressed just doesn’t really convey how we truly felt. We would literally get married a second time (and really might renew our vows in a few years) just so we can do it all over again. We loved JTL and could not have asked for a better staff on our wedding day.

Jessica Moorehead · Getting married on 07/17/2020

Great company

THEY WERE ALWAYS THERE WHEN I NEEDED THEM..

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Getting married on 02/29/2020

Ecstatic & Elated

Trista Sisk is my cheerleader and advocate for everything a bride could ever dream to have at a wedding. It felt like we had known each other for years, she's made me feel so relaxed and excited to plan my wedding 2/26/20. Her detail oriented team has everything laid out seamlessly and I'll be able to enjoy the day with friends & family as it should be!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Sasha Guerra · Getting married on 10/25/2019

Amazing & Professional

Since our first meeting I was comfortable with the acknowledgement Trista and her team had to handle my wedding. She knew the vision I had and assisted me with any set backs I may have had. As a bride, I kept in mind; like all brides should, is that nothing will be perfect and she will handle the stress with care to make it as perfect as possible. She handles everything professionally from the vendor's to my bridal party. If you feel like you don't have time do FULL SERVICE to be honest she charges way less then any other planner you will find in the market for double the quality and will go above and beyond if you let her handle it like I did. If you start becoming a back seat driver then of course you will be stressed and not be happy. Believe in her amazing team she will leave you amazed!!! Thank you for everything Trista!

Brett · Married on 09/13/2019

Okay, first, my Brandon was a DREAM on the happiest day of my life, January 20, 2018. I am the happiest guy! The ceremony was simply over the moon, one of a kind, and everything we ever dreamed of. Trista - LOVE YOU FOREVER, GIRL!!! You're the BEST coordinator EVER and will be a friend of ours for life.

For anyone looking for the perfect way to join two people together, we can't possibly recommend JTL high enough. Trista, as you can guess, was a wealth of knowledge, always there for us, and even talked us out of some very expensive options we had discussed when she found us better ones at half the cost! She was very responsive to any question we had, answering all our calls and crazy texts.

Brandon and I had an idea of what we wanted and Trista took those ideas and made them real. She coordinated EVERYTHING for us. She set us up with the best venue, the best videographer (Hey, Aaron!!!), and the most fun place for a party! We both got to the point of really trusting her and her ideas that worked so well with ours that we could almost relax as the day came.

She kept us well within our budget, and in fact saved us more than she even charged us for coordinating this circus! We had $1,194 (and 17¢) left over and actually got to spend an extra 2 days on Great Exuma because of it (WEAR SUNSCREEN!) All thanks to her giving us the day of our dreams for less than we had planned.

Seriously, thank you to Trista and JTL for arranging/coordinating/planning/advising/supporting/being a CALM friend, and just making it the most perfect day ever. Brandon and I, our family (together now!), our friends, and even those 3 retired couples that crashed the party (they were sooo cute!) couldn't have had a better time or more fun. You always gave us good advice and you made our beautiful plan into a perfect day. I hope others out there find you and that you can help them be as happy as you helped make us.

Sent on 07/18/2018
    JTL Events 4

Madison Mullins · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely amazing

My planner Jazlyn was absolutely amazing. Her communication was top notch, I never have to wait long for a reply. She constantly checked up on me and made sure I had everything I needed, My wedding day was perfect everything I ever dreamed of and I couldn’t have done it without her and the crew! Trista runs and amazing business and her staff is just that as well.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Christine · Married on 06/01/2019

June 1 wedding

Trista has been awesome since day one! So supportive and resourceful- could not have done this without her and her team! Really happy I chose JTL

Sent on 06/13/2019

Megan Davis · Married on 04/13/2019

Beyond our expectation!!

It’s rare that we actually leave reviews for people that we have worked with. But because we have seen some of the negative reviews that seem to be a far cry from the truth, we thought that we would share how we feel and explain a little bit about our experience with JTL Events and with Trista, the owner, personally. Trista is incredibly knowledgeable and very personable. She answered every phone call, email and text message almost as quickly as we sent them. She saved us loads of money!! ($2466 to be exact!) She and her team work so closely together it’s almost like having an army of people working with you rather than just one. Shireen was our coordinator the day of our wedding and she was fantastic!! She made everything run so smoothly and really made our day exactly how we always pictured it being. After the wedding when we were opening our cards, we actually had a card in our pile from Trista. Shireen must have slipped it in for her. The card said that she had been honored to have gotten to go on this journey with us. She then shared a funny little inside joke that made us laugh. It was just all the little things. She is an incredible business owner and such a kind person. Don’t be fooled by an angry review. Speak to JTL and see for yourself about how incredible they are. You’ll be glad that you did! We are!!

• Charlee

Charlee · Married on 03/02/2019

Taking the weight off of your shoulders!

Trista was amazing!!! She was very thorough in helping plan our wedding. I am a very O.C.D. person, and had everything planned out to a T, but it was so nice knowing that I didn't have to worry about anything, leading up to and during the day of the wedding. She was even willing to filter any "topics up for discussion" by parents and ready to step in and stand up for what we, as Bride & Groom already had decided upon. From the 1st time, she and I met, there was constant communication via texts & emails, Trista was there for us every step of the way! Once it got closer to wedding time, she provided a detailed email, layout of the venue, and made sure that everything was set and ready to go, the way the groom and I wanted it! I would definitely recommend her services as she listens to your ideas and follows through, to help make your wedding day flow as easily as possible, taking the weight off of your shoulders, allowing you to enjoy your day!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Shawnte · Married on 12/29/2018

Excellent Service!

Trista and team were amazing! I came to her with about a 30 day window to plan my wedding. She quickly got to work scheduling the engagement photo shoot and the big day. She stayed in contact with me and followed a timeline that made getting all of the key components a breeze. If you are looking for a team that is efficient, knowledgeable, and talented then look no further!

Sent on 02/01/2019

JTL Events's reply:

It was beyond a pleasure to work with you and Tony!! I am so glad we got to be a part of your big day. We couldn't have asked for more easy going, fun clients to work with!

Jenna Langford · Married on 11/30/2018

Exceptional

Trista and her team are exceptional! They met us at a cute little coffee shop in downtown Tampa and literally helped up build our dream wedding from start to finish in just a matter of hours. She was super flexible with our payment schedule and gave us some fantastic discounts. We highly recommend JTL!

Sent on 01/31/2019

JTL Events's reply:

Jenna! We had such a great time working with you and bringing your special day to life. Thank you so much for being a blast and allowing us to be a part of your special day.

Ashley Surrey · Married on 11/09/2018

Without her my wedding wont have happened

JTL made it so that all the stress and pressure of having a perfect wedding wasnt put on me. With out Trista and her company I dont think my wedding would have been near to what I wanted. Fairy tails can come true as long as the team you have around you helps and JTL did a wonderful job. Thank you so much for all that you have done for us. In ten years if we have a renewal of our vows we will again have her setup everything. I also want to say a hugh thank you to Courtney for being there for my day.

Sent on 11/16/2018

JTL Events's reply:

We love our brides so much and are so thrilled to be a part of their happy day. Thank you Ashley for being a breeze for us to work with.
  • Kate

Kate DeMarcus · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Service!! Best Coordinator!! Just like she was my best friend!!

I met Trista and her team very last minute. I had it in my mind that I didn’t need to have a wedding planner and I could do it all on my own. But then when it came down to it, I got horribly overwhelmed and there were so many things that still needed to be done and we were 3 months out! So I bit the bullet and decided to get a coordinator. Within minutes of meeting Trista, I knew she was exactly what I needed! She was sending emails and texts messages to vendors that I needed help getting ahold of before our first meeting was even over! I gave her my budget and she got me everything I needed and saved me nearly 500 dollars. Which doesn’t seem like a lot but when we said we only have 10,000 from start to finish and she got us exactly what we needed for $9,500, we honestly couldn’t have been happier. If you are trying to decide if you want to hire a planner or do it yourself, hear me when I say, HIRE SOMEONE. And if you’re looking for a really compassionate coordinator who is really good with numbers, Hire Trista and her team. You won’t be sorry and you’ll save money and any stress you may have had before hiring her is completely gone once she’s taken over. She was a dream come true and I would absolutely work with her over and over if I could!! I’d give more stars if there were more to give!! ❤️

Sent on 11/23/2018

Bailey · Married on 07/07/2018

All I can say is THIS IS THE COMPANY YOU NEED TO USE!!! Trista and Aaron were spectacular at helping us plan, find the perfect vendors, placed us on the perfect beach, and overall did an incredible job helping us with our wedding.

Trista and Aaron, if you read this, thank you again. And Trista, thanks for talking me out of the golf course wedding. Bailey and I loved the beach, and finding that beautiful golf course clubhouse for the reception satisfied both our wants on our day. Aaron, your pictures and the video were incredible. You are gifted, Sir!

You guys are great! Thank you so much!
    Andy and Bailey Jansson

Sent on 08/07/2018

Sarah · Married on 02/16/2018

Trista was FANTASTIC! She and her team were everything we could have ever asked for. She was very detail oriented and remembered even the little things like making sure that my grandmother had a small fan to fan herself during our outdoor wedding ceremony. We just love her and highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/18/2018

JTL Events's reply:

You, your husband and family were a joy to work with! Thank you so much for your kind words!! ❤️
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 11/16/2013

Just WOW for Just True Love Event Planning.

I don’t even know where to start! We had such a wonderful experience and it is all thanks to Trista and her team at JTL! They kept us under budget, had wonderful relationships with all of our vendors (which really helped with getting discounts and lowered rates!) She was with us from the very beginning to the very end and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience! We are so thankful.

Sent on 02/01/2019
  • Marla

Marla Korenich · Getting married on 02/22/2020

1.6
      1.0

Too affordable for a reason

I had a terrible experience with this company.
    I booked them on 5/26 for me 2/22/2020 wedding.
    My original coordinator did next to nothing for me in the first month, and on 6/20, I received a response from the owner that she was let go.

This made me weary but I agreed to meet with the owner in person and hopefully make things right and continue with their services.
    While I met with Trista, the owner and another coordinator, they told me how my first coordinator was broken up with and basically lost her mind, and thats why she was fired.
    Very unprofessional to tell me this.

However, I already made my deposit and I did like them in person, so I figured I would continue using them, even though I had no idea who would be working my wedding day. She said herself and the other girls there would be helping me plan in a collective, which I didn't love.

(I wanted the full planning package @ 1795. which is very affordable)

Fast forward to 7/7, its now been 1.5 months & they have booked no vendors for me or attended any meetings. They have emailed two vendors on my behalf total.

I was following up on a time for a tasting on 7/20 because Trista told me it was that day, but didn't answer me on the time
    (I thought maybe she missed the questions since I asked other questions in the email)

She immediately became defensive & rude, saying I don't need to question her, and she proceeded to go back and forth and argue with me.

She totally had me pegged for being rude, and that isn't fair. I was seriously just following up for my sake, and didn't expect a response ASAP.

As any coordinator, nonetheless a BUSINESS OWNER, this is crazy to me that she would speak to her clients this way. I know how it is with customer service, and it is hard to bite your tongue, but that is what you are supposed to do.

Now i made a $500 nonrefundable deposit, which I understand, but considering all of the mess with the first coordinator & Trista's bad attitude, you would think they would do the right thing and refund me my money.

She claims they spent "a lot of time on my wedding, including booking vendors" They didn't book anything for me, and we only spent 1 hour together.

It is unfortunate this is how Trista wants to do business.

I would caution any future bride, that if it's too affordable or too good to be true, it probably is. I would take the extra time and find someone more professional and more on top of things.

Sent on 07/08/2019
    JTL Events 5
    JTL Events 6

JTL Events's reply:

Hi Marla! Thank you so much for your feedback. We’d like to start off with saying that we are so sorry that our relationship didn’t work out. In your review you made it seem as if we did not uphold our end of the agreement, which is inaccurate. We have 57 emails, 49 text messages and 12 phone calls between us and vendors on your behalf that show otherwise. You signed an industry standard contract that stated that deposits are non-refundable once work has begun. We, like other vendors charge a 50% deposit at the time of contract signing. Due to a minor miscommunication we agreed to allow you to pay $500 rather than the original contract deposit request of $850. We also gave you a $95 discount on your overall package price. While we appreciate you, your friends and family members resting on the First Amendment, writing hundreds of false stories and fake reviews to try to deface our small business, we feel at this time we would like to make it very clear to those that may happen to stumble across this false review, or any of your other false reviews, that there are two sides to every story. Out of the hundreds of clients that we have booked and worked with, you are one of the two people WE have decided to part ways with. We wish you and Paul nothing but the very best of luck.