29 Reviews for J.T. Michaels Entertainment

MC (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)

My husband and I hired JT to provide music for our wedding ceremony and reception last month. We were very impressed by his thoroughness and professionalism! We were looking for an affordable DJ who would play the music we like without a lot of hype and he fit the bill. We appreciated the opportunity to make changes to our playlists via his website throughout the course of our wedding planning process. There were a couple of questionable music selections during our reception, but we can only blame ourselves as we didn't really offer much in the way of a "don't play" list. He was more than accommodating! All in all, we were very pleased with our decision to hire JT and would recommend his services to others.

Profile Picture Abbie, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

JT was a great DJ to work with for my wedding. He was by far the vest value in the area because we did not need all of the lights and special effects that you pay for with a lot of other DJs. We wanted someone who would come in and play music but otherwise not be the center of attention and he did that!

Profile Picture User4295687, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you are looking for a professional, affordable, high quality DJ for your wedding or event, look no further than JT Michaels! JT Michaels served as the DJ for our wedding in Hocking Hills, OH on 9/7/14. If any of you know that area, you understand that it is very difficult to find things out there with no cell service, etc...Well, JT had no problem finding the place, and he was on-time and ready way before the guests arrived! Moreover, the website alone is worth every penny. There were literally THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of songs to choose from for our wedding and the website is so user friendly and well-organized that it made choosing the songs super easy. We LOVED being able to customize our playlist and even requested several hard-to-find songs that were not found on the website. No problem. JT personally found the songs on his own and made sure to play them at our wedding. JT was the perfect DJ and emcee for our wedding. It was small & laid back and he knew just the right amount of energy to bring. He set the mood perfectly the whole night. Without a doubt, JT Michaels took a lot of stress out of the wedding planning process and his performance on our wedding day was nothing short of SPECTACULAR. We had a number of guests approach us to compliment our DJ. A++++ Experience!

Profile Picture Mike, 9/7/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

J.T was easy to work with and made my wife and I's wedding amazing. He was flexible when we made changes during the reception and he even showed up at the rehearsal to give us a run through of songs. I would recommend J.T to anyone for any event. You won't be disappointed! Thanks J.T!

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

He did a great job, especially considering we left a lot of choices (songs, etc) up to him!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

J.T. provided the music for our wedding and reception on 10/26/12. He was an AMAZING dj! From the time we met him, through any questions I had about song selection, whether a song could be looped to make it through the processional, even whether we could find a bartender at the last minute when our other fell through, J.T. was there for us. He got us through the rehearsal, helped keep us organized when I felt like I was losing it. His music selections were great and his interactions with the audience were outstanding.

He really kept our wedding flowing along. He called the tables to the buffet line in a timely manner, and helped keep us on our timeline. He was able to work with us, too, when we had to move the cake cutting up so the kids could get their cake early. (Kids like cake!)

For planning the ceremony, J.T. makes it easy. His website has a wonderful client area that let's you do all of the timeline planning, etc. I used it a lot! And it helped when I went to make the timeline for the reception program.

If you're looking for a professional who knows what he's doing, who is truly concerned for his clients, and is reasonable priced... hire J.T. Don't think about it, just do it.

Thank you, J.T.!!!

Jay and Alexis

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would recommend JT Michaels to anybody in the C-bus area looking for a DJ. He was the dj at our wedding last week (10-12-13) and knocked it out of the park. When we met him several months before he was very polite and reserved, and we reaaly liked him from the get-go. His website is very easy to use and we basically set up everything the way we wanted it. For whatever reason we waited until the last minute to fine tune some of our songs, but JT was totally cool with it all.

At the wedding, he did everything we asked, and more. He played the songs we wanted and we gave him the absolute authority to play things he felt would liven it up if necessary, and he did. He handled all of the intros perfectly, the toasts, any announcements, etc. Again, without a doubt we couldn't have been more pleased with JT Michaels as our DJ. Many people told us going into the wedding planning that a good or bad dj can make or break your wedding, and he definitely made it a great party. Even some of my relatives commented on how great he was.

My only complaint was that he let my drunk Dad take the microphone to ask the crowd who was Browns fans and who was Steeler fans! Although, I know in JT's defense you can't really say no to the grooms Dad! Just kidding, everyone thought it was hilarious! Anyway, thanks JT, you were awesome!

Profile Picture User3619840, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.3

We hired JT for are wedding and he did a great job. My wedding was very small and we wanted a dj because are kids love to dance. At the end of the night my children had a blast and that's what mattered to us. I had trouble choosing music for my ceremony so the night of my rehearsal (when I met JT for the first time) I ended up saying the heck with it, play whatever you feel is good music because I could see he was frustrated that I had not picked out all of my ceremony music. At the end of my wedding I was very happy with the songs he played.
The only regrets I have is not getting to meet/talk with JT prior to my rehearsal and wedding. When we were suppose to meet the first time he wrote the wrong date down, he did give me a discount for this which I appreciated. But then when we set up a time to talk a week before my wedding he wrote down the wrong date again. I understand life happens and at the end of the day JT came through on are wedding day and that's what matters.

Profile Picture Angie, 10/11/13, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

JT made everything in our wedding go smoothly. He was also so funny and entertaining. He communicated clearly and efficiently both on the day and before the day. He dismissed our tables for the buffet line making that go very nicely. He also was able to get my big wedding party in order for the introductions! Overall, I was beyond pleased with the music, sound quality, attentiveness, friendliness, and the organization he brought to our wedding! Highly recommend JT!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/4/13, 3 Reviews
0.2

Jt Michael's had a terrible attitude..he actually yelled at the bridal party to 'shut up' when they were lining up for introductions...he made a sarcastic comment about the maid of honors toast...... and he backed out of coming to our rehearsal so we never actually met with him beforehand..... you don't want this guy at your special occasion!

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

The DJ did an excellent job and everything went as planned!

Profile Picture Brian, 6/23/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

J.T. Michaels did an awesome job at our Wedding Reception!! He met with us prior to the wedding for a consultation. He was on time and very professional. He made our event wonderful from the great music to the great lighting. Professional DJ at an affordable price. Thank you!

Profile Picture Adam, 5/5/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We couldn't have been more happy with our entertainment. JT was great and he played all of our requests. We're already looking forward to having him for our family reunion this fall!

Profile Picture Felicia, 4/28/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

During our planning process, we only had one phone call with JT. The online song selection program provided most of the information we would have discussed, so we weren't that worried. We also emailed back and forth several times. However, he said he was coming to the rehearsal to talk through the final details, but he did not show up and we did not hear from him until the next day, just a few hours before the wedding. He stopped by the bridal suite about 30 minutes before the ceremony to make sure we were on the same page, which I appreciated. He did play all of the songs that we requested and also took requests from our guests, which they loved. He played the music for our ceremony too, and it was a smooth transition into the cocktail hour then the reception. Overall, the night went well, I just wish we had better communication prior to the wedding day.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/10/11, 11 Reviews
2.9

I guess you get what you pay for. I looked for the cheapest DJ and we were not thrilled with his work. I can't say he was the worst ever but no one said he was great. We hired JT for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception which were all on the same property.

The positives: he wore a suit, sound levels were good, he provided a cordless mic, he has a good lighting system, has many many songs in his system, he did a good job announcing the different activities (our intro's, the cake cutting, ect).

The negatives: he didn't have the song for our wedding party to walk down the aisle to loaded in his system and came up to me seconds before walking down the aisle to tell me it was in his car and asked me what should he do? (UM--GO GET IT NOW! Which he ran and had it ready by the end of the next song played but we stood at the back with everyone watching and wondering what was going on) He did not have speakers set up in the area of our cocktail hour which we paid to have. During the reception he kept coming up to me and confirming what songs we wanted (for our entrance, first dance, cake cutting, ect) which is better than playing the wrong songs but I gave you a list so go with what I gave you. I was way too distracted to be making decisions at that point. We also didn't care for all his dance music selections. Some of the songs played we had never even heard before. It didn't help that many of our guests went back outside where there was no speaker set up (though we requested there be one outside) & couldn't hear the music. Then at the end of the night he reminded my groom that gratuities are appreciated which put him on the spot and made him feel obligated to tip him when we already decided he shouldn't get a tip. We only tipped him 10% but a tip is a way of saying "great job" and showing appreciation--not something that should be expected (especially by the owner). Before the wedding JT called to tell me that I was late on my final payment and was pretty short with me about it. I felt terrible and it turned out that his online payment system was the problem for not giving me the correct amount--not me. I've read other negative reviews and TJ always replies with a reason for the mistakes and is not always nice to the reviewer about it.

Feedback that wasn't your fault but good to know: We asked that JT announce the tables to come up to the buffet, which he did, but I didn't specify which table the kids were at and they were the very last table he chose to come up. I should have told you to send the kids up after the wedding party and parents.

I realize everyone's expectations are different and it's hard to please everyone. However--some of the mistakes could have been avoided.

Profile Picture Courtnee, 5/28/11, 5 Reviews
2.9

We were overall pretty disappointed with JT Michaels Entertainment (JTME). Our DJ was changed at the last minute without any notification (it was our wedding coordinator who called and found out). We had asked for a projector to be brought, but there was a mixup and one was not available on our date. We were disappointed but okay with it, since it was just a miscommunication, but JTME lied to our coordinator, saying that they had called my mother (whose phone number they didn't even have and who lives in a completely different state) the week prior and had explained that there wasn't a projector available. ???!!! We were pretty displeased with that. Had we or our coordinator been contacted in enough time, we could have gotten a projector from somewhere, but they neither contacted us nor made other arrangements. Our DJ, Andy, was very nice, but he didn't play the songs we had asked for. He also played a song with foul language in it, which we specifically asked for them NOT to do. He tried to fade out the bad word, but he faded out the wrong part, which just made the bad language all the more obvious. We asked for 40's swing music, then a transition to rock, then a transition to dance music. We got a random smattering of different music from different eras. We didn't want any slow songs (which may not have been clear in our request), but slows songs kept getting put in, which killed the dancing mood. Some of the stuff Andy played was fun (and my mother enjoyed it, so, again, we let things slide), but then he would play stuff that didn't seem "wedding appropriate," like Lady Gaga's "Born this way." We did not tip the DJ after the reception because although he was very nice, he didn't do what we asked. I don't know if it was his fault or a problem with JTME itself, but either way, we were pretty disappointed.

In response to JTME's response (below), I have the following to add:
Some of your comments are legitimate. It had not occurred to me that someone may have asked for Lady Gaga's "Born this way." That is entirely possible. I'm not sure which of my guests would have requested it, but you are right that it is a possibility and may be what happened. However, your nasty comment assuming that I was unfamiliar with the fact that it is a chart topper was unnecessary and hostile.

You are also right that what is considered "wedding appropriate" does differ from person to person. That was something else that I had not considered. However, we asked specifically that NO songs with foul language be used, and your DJ played them anyway.

About you already being booked, my husband and I were both surprised when our coordinator informed us that Andy would be playing. Perhaps we should look back at our contract, but I do not recall being informed that you were not available at that time. You certainly made it clear when we met that we would be notified if the DJ changed, but we do not recall you telling us that it had already changed. It was not problematic for us, but I felt that to write a full review, that information should be included. Andy seemed very nice and professional.

We discussed when we met about renting a projector. I couldn't remember if we had decided on it or not, so I mentioned it when I sent the timeline to you. As I stated before, it seemed like a miscommunication on our part, so we weren't upset about it. However, our coordinator informed us that you said that you contacted my mother and discussed the issue with the projector. I did not ask for my mother to be contacted: the coordinator said that that's what you did. Again, maybe it was just a breakdown in communication, but I never received an email from you about the projector at any time, and the story about my mother was odd.

"I can tell you that having been a wedding DJ for 20 years, there are some clients that expect more than others. Some are high strung or on edge while others are laid back and easy going." This comment was inappropriate. You are implying that my husband and I are high strung, which is not the case. People seemed to generally have a nice time, and we were happy with that. My concern is that we did not hear any of the songs played that we had specifically requested (other than items for First Dance, Father/Daughter dance, etc). I was also concerned that my guests complained to me that the DJ cut many of the songs very short, even ones people seemed to be enjoying dancing to. It bothered them, therefore it bothered me.

I have changed my ratings in connection with the things you pointed out that I had not considered. We would have done business with you again, to be honest, although we would be more careful with explaining exactly what we wanted next time. Although, considering the harsh and unprofessional nature of your response, perhaps it would be best if we part ways and leave it at that.

Profile Picture Abby, 4/8/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Responded quickly to any questions or feedback I had. Friendly, outgoing, and made our reception a hit! All of my songs were played, and he even threw in a newly wed game at the end that was very amusing to us and our guests. I highly recommend this DJ :)

Profile Picture Dana, 3/19/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

JT provided a great atmosphere for the evening. His interaction level was just what we had wanted from our DJ. And I especially liked the online planning tool on his website. It allows you to pick what songs you want, and enter all information needed for that evening. Very useful. Best of all, he is very reasonably priced!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/16/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very satisfied with JT Michaels as our DJ for our wedding this past month. He was extremely easy to work with, willing to meet with us whenever we had questions to be answered, great value, punctual, and most importantly, he kept the party going! Between our two families, we had large cultural differences, so we were a little worried about everyone having a good time. However, no worries here, JT played lots of requests, the music we chose, and more! We had rave reviews from both sides of our family on how impressed they were with him. Would not hesitate to recommend or us again!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/9/10, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

JT Michaels was great to work with and did everything possible to make our day exactly as we wanted. He was on time, flexible with any changes and very friendly. He was able to accomodate us with music in several locations not just the dance area. Great to work with and would definitely use him again!

Profile Picture Christine , 9/5/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were very satisfied with JT as our DJ. He was on time, professional, dressed well, and helped the night run smoothly. JT checked in with us various times through out the night to make sure things were going OK and as planned. He worked well with our other vendors. He kept the energy going all night. His price is also great - one of the cheapest in town. His online planning system makes things very easy. We forgot to fill out some of it, but were able to email him the info we wanted to add/forgot to put on the site. No issues at all! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Britney, 8/21/10, 7 Reviews

he did a wonderful job

Profile Picture sonja, 8/7/10, 1 Review
4.7

One of the least expensive DJs I found while browsing the internet and still did everything a DJ should do! He announced the wedding party and all of the special events (cake cutting, first dance, etc) and kept the reception moving along. He played all of the song requests (and there were a lot of them!) which was great. Whenever I would contact him before the wedding (via email or phone), he would respond right away. There was a lot of feedback on the microphones when the toasts were being made which was annoying. He changed the batteries and fiddled around on his speakers, but it didn't work. My husband said it was because the DJ had his cell phone in his pocket which was messing up the sound. Hard to say if that was the reason, but that's really the only complaint we had.

Profile Picture Sally, 5/1/10, 1 Review
2.8

His prices were good compared to many DJ's in the area, plus he had everything online for picking songs, planning..which was good.. We had a couple issues, there were a lot of songs we wanted played and they weren't played.. even some dedications that we wanted. He was asking for requests which I understand but we wanted more of what we asked for played. It was dissapointing that our first song as Husband and Wife skipped. Overall for the money he did a decent job.

Profile Picture Lara, 10/10/09, 5 Reviews
3.7

He broke my toasting flutes!!!

Besides that everything was good.

Profile Picture Sara, 9/6/09, 3 Reviews