46 Reviews for JSL Visions

Licensed (2)
Blowouts (1)
Textured Styling (1)
45 JSL Visions Reviews

Judy was fantastic from the get go - super responsive and professional and lovely to work with! As an out of town bride, she was very accommodating for my schedule and even came to my house on Thanksgiving morning for my trial which was extremely appreciated - helped cut back on some of the stress planning a wedding out of town! I showed her a variety of Pinterest photos and she was able to totally execute EXACTLY what I wanted - which is saying b/c I am such a perfectionist and obsess over details :) She never pushed any extra costs, and instead just gave me great advice on my 100 questions instead. Not only was my hair and make up perfect on the day off, all my bridesmaids kept saying how Judy and Fatima did such an excellent job on them too - so many hair/make up artists I have used in the past for other weddings - they will put too much make up on, or my hair will fall out. None of that happened with Judy and Fatima - I can't recommend them enough. Thank you!

Profile Picture Helen, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Judy is amazing. Do not hesitate to hire her! We hired her as a day-of coordinator for our wedding but due to issues with our reception venue, she ended doing much more than day-of coordination the last month before our wedding. She never complained about that and jumped in with planning as needed. She always had a great attitude! Her and her team visited the venues multiple times (with and without me) and were present at the rehearsal at the church the night before the wedding as well as Judy being with me the entire wedding day - from the morning at the bridal suite at the hotel until my husband and I left the reception that night. While she was with me, her team was taking care of making sure the reception venue was being set up and decorated correctly.
I know of a couple things on the day of the wedding that she fixed - including personally serving the groom and me dinner when she realized that the reception venue started serving guests first - and I have no doubt that there were other things I will never know about! My husband and I always knew where Judy and her team were during the wedding day and that was really comforting to us. Judy is a true professional and our wedding day would not have been the same without her. My only regret is that I didn't hire Judy and her team as partial planners right from the beginning, but my maid-of-honor is getting married next summer and she learned from my mistakes and has gone ahead and hired JSL Visions as partial planners because she was also so impressed with Judy. :)

Profile Picture Meghan, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy did an amazing job with hair and makeup for myself and my mother and mother-in-law! She was perfectly happy to work with my small group and made us all feel special and beautiful. During the trial, she did a great job of synthesizing my vague ideas and a couple of pictures into the perfect look. On the wedding day, she executed everything flawlessly and on schedule, all with a reassuring, laid-back demeanor. I would recommend Judy's services to anyone.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I give JSL Visions 5 starts because when many other vendors found me difficult and honestly most of them let me go,...oh well, this company understood what my concerns were and worked with me, even though, I know I could be difficult at times, hey it was my wedding day, everything needed to perfect!! some vendors were not responsive or very expensive. but this company was everything to me. I want to especially thanks Judy and her team. They did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. they are very up to the trend and latest styles. my bridesmaids are on the hippy side and her team was able to replicate any of the looks they were showing her......interesting looks by the way, however, I loved it. anyways, It was such an amazing experience having JSL Visions as my hair and makeup company.
by the way, did I mention I was difficult? and I still give them a 5...... Simply beyond expectations!!

Profile Picture Janet, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy and her assistant were wonderful! They made things so easy despite being cramped in a tight hotel room. Judy was so helpful in giving me advice about my hair and different products for my skin during the trial. The day of the wedding my hair and makeup both turned out beautifully and lasted throughout the night.

Profile Picture Alaina, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

your company is TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! my fiance, now my husband and I moved to the DC area from Colorado, therefore, we did not know many people who could recommend hair and makeup services. my sister was going to travel and assist with the planing, however, I needed makeup and hair for my wedding party and I. we decided to browse wedding wire and we came across JSL Visions. I decided to request a quote and do some other inquires. Judy responded within 15 mnts after my first email. I must say, I was Impressed. Judy not only responded really fast, she was so friendly, professional and knowledgeable that I immediately felt comfortable. we decided to do some other inquires with another vendors and any of them delivered the way Judy did. Her team is extremely professional and ON TIME
My hair looked spectacular and my makeup extremely polish. I was able to dance all night and everything was mostly intact. The rest of the wedding party looked stunning. I am so glad we hired Judy and her company.

Profile Picture Irena/Scott, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy at JSL Visions was a joy to work with throughout the wedding planning process! She was extremely responsive to my questions and worked with me to create a productive wedding day timeline. Her calm personality helped to calm my nerves and my wedding day extra enjoyable. All of the ladies in my bridal party, as well as, the moms and myself had our make up and hair done and we received many compliments from guests. Also, our complete looks lasted for several hours. When I look at the photos I see "me" and that was one of the most important components of having my hair and make up done! Thanks, Judy :)

Profile Picture Anne, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

I cannot overemphasize what a wonderful experience I had working with Judy! Of all the vendors that we hired for our wedding, she was by far the most responsive. She immediately responded to my initial request and was very accommodating in terms of scheduling a trial, determining the number of people needing hair and makeup, and the schedule of the wedding day. In comparison to all other makeup and hair artists that I found, her prices cannot be beat, especially for the quality service she provides. On the wedding day, my makeup looked natural and exactly as I had envisioned it. Since I have a pixie cut and not much can be done with my hair, she even gave my hair some volume free of charge! Judy, thank you so much for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day, and for being such a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Maja, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

I want personally thank Judy for her excellent customer service and for making my day unforgettable.
I came to Judy with so many different wedding ideas that only I could possibly understand. Judy sat down with me for about 2 hours and listened every word I had to say. after I was done she looked at me and said I will incorporate all your ideas and will bring some of my owns if that is okay with you, she added. at first i was a little skeptical and didn't quite understand what she meant by that. however, by the time i left her place, I had the perfect vision of how exactly i wanted my wedding to be. she patiently helped me thru the process with so much professionalism and quality. she took all my load and made sure my wedding was exactly what i dreamed of. words can not express my gratitude, every thing was perfect. From the flowers, the music, the photographer, the hair and makeup. she made sure I had peace of mind. Judy was a great choice as a wedding planner and I will for ever be grateful.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Judy did a great job for our wedding. She was extremely responsive from the beginning. I didn't have a very specific idea of what I wanted, just some pinterest pictures of styles I liked. For our trial, Judy was great at asking questions about my personal style and took the time to build up on it so I could have a wedding day look that I was comfortable with but would also work with my dress, veil, pictures and feel. On the wedding day, she arrived early and made sure to organize mom, my maid of honor and I so we would stay on schedule. She followed the careful notes she took during our trial and made me look perfect. She also did a wonderful job with mom and my maid of honor, who were both raving about how happy they were with their look. All to say, Judy is wonderful, very professional and patient. I am extremely happy she was there on my big day and will definitely be calling her for other events.

Profile Picture Sheyla, 8/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I chose to go with JSL visions for hair and makeup and it was a great choice. My hair and makeup trial went very smoothly as they just came to my house and we tried different hair and make-up styles. The team that worked on us the day of the wedding was very professional and provided excellent service. It's nice that they don't charge mileage or pass on transportation costs to their customers. I'd highly recommend JSL visions for hair and makeup for a wedding or another special event. I know I'm going to keep them in mind if I have any other events to attend.

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/5/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married in August 2017 and have put this off writing this review for way too long! JSL provided day-of coordination services, as well as hair and makeup. If you're on the fence about hiring a planner or a DOC, don't be, just do it (and consider hiring JSL). Judy went above and beyond as a DOC, and her services paid for themselves many times over. No spreadsheet or checklist on the internet could have come close to accounting for everything that needed to be accounted for. Our wedding wasn't extraordinarily large or elaborate (110 people; public parks venue; ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception), but I seriously cringe thinking about how many things would have gone wrong without Judy. She was prompt, professional, and extremely thorough with everything. She adapted well to different personalities-- I was on the passive side and often deferred to her expertise, but my mother and MOH were a bit more opinionated; she worked well with all of us. She and her team even dealt with the inevitable drama/meltdown (which was quickly and discreetly resolved). I was pleased with the hair and makeup services from the team as well, although if you want something beyond the (well-executed, flattering) basics, you need to be prepared with ideas (which is the case with any hair or makeup artist). If I could do it again, I probably would have discussed making bolder hair and makeup choices, and I'm confident the team would have delivered. Highly recommended! Don't chance it, especially if you've never been involved in wedding planning before.

Profile Picture Laura , 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough great things about Judy!! I could tell from my trial that I had chosen the right person for my wedding. She was willing to try anything during my trial and made sure that I had exactly the look I wanted. She made me look absolutely stunning on my wedding day. It poured down rain on my wedding day and I had to take my wedding pictures in humidity and misty rain and I danced the night away, but at the end of the night my hair and makeup still looked just as great as the beginning! She also did a beautiful job on my bridesmaid's hair and did exactly what I asked of giving them a similar look without being the exact same as mine. The lady she brought with her to do my bridesmaid's makeup also did a beautiful job. Her prices are reasonable, and she is so kind and professional. I highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Judy was amazing! We hit it off from the moment we met. She made everything fun and relaxing. She and Veronica did an amazing job on not only my hair and make up, but also that of my 4 bridesmaids (daughter and step daughters). We had so much fun and we all looked so beautiful! I can't thank her enough for the excellent service that she provided and I would highly recommend her to any bride and bridal party she is AWESOME!

Profile Picture Robin , 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Judy did a great job with my wedding makeup and hair. She was professional, responsive, and took the time to listen to some of my concerns. Everything turned out great the day of - I would absolutely recommend her to others in the DC area.

Profile Picture Olivia, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Judy is amazing! Working with her was such a pleasure. She was very responsive and helpful with planning my day of make up look for my wedding! She made everything easy from scheduling to payment, and really took a lot of the stress out of getting ready! And the best part, my bridesmaids and I all looked stunning on the big day thanks to her!

Profile Picture Mara , 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

I spent hours searching for makeup artists in the DMV area who were affordable and would agree to do makeup for only my mother and me (my bridesmaids wanted to do their own makeup and many other vendors had a minimum of 5 or 6 girls). Finally I found Judy from JSL Visions online. I reached out to her via email and she was extremely responsive and kind in answering all of my questions.

I chose to do a bridal trial about two months before the wedding since I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and wanted to have a natural look on my wedding day. During the trial, she was happy to work with me to find a look I was comfortable with.

The morning of our wedding was hectic since it was raining and we had to change some plans last minute. Judy arrived and set up as planned on the schedule. She immediately made me feel more at ease and excited that I was about to walk down the aisle. My mom didn't have a trial, but Judy listened to exactly what she wanted and my mom looked beautiful. We both loved our natural looks! At the last minute, my sister had requested help applying lashes, and Judy was so sweet to help her out free of charge. Our makeup lasted well throughout the whole day despite the rain, tears, and partying!

I would highly recommend Judy from JSL Visions! She is so kind, patient, and professional. She truly listens to what her client wants. You can tell she really loves making her brides feel happy, stress-free, and beautiful on their special day!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup

My daughter had her hair and makeup done for her senior prom and she looked stunning. I would highly recommend using JSL Visions!! You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Kristi, 2/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Ms. Lopez comes from a family of experts, engineers, professional business woman, so, as a child perfection is her goal. Regarding her wedding planning, cosmetology skills, she adds the flavor of a "Job well done", where the client is never to concern themselves with the fine details, Ms. Lopez handles all that and more. The gift of a lifetime is when your event comes off smoothly, without a glitch. memorable. Thank you for your being a perfectionist,an artist, and a skilled professional, Ms. Lopez

Profile Picture User7647374, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Planning

BOOKING JSL VISIONS WAS THE BEST THING WE COULD HAVE DONE FOR OUR WEDDING! After our engagement, my fiance received orders to deploy overseas - drastically shortening our engagement and leaving us with 2.5 mos to plan a wedding for 200 people. Judy immediately sent me a prompt, professional response confirming her availability and requesting more details to fully execute my wedding vision. Her pricing was by far the most competitive, and the quality of the service was well worth it. Once I met her in person for my trial, I knew that I needed to hire her team as my wedding coordinator as well. I am a full-time project manager, and thought that I didn't need a wedding coordinator. However, in talking with Judy, I realized there were so many little details that I hadn't considered. Judy assured me that her team would be able to handle this large event with only a month to go, and jumped in immediately the next day by joining us at our vendor walkthrough, taking notes and asking questions we hadn't thought of with the caterer and vendor event manager. We spent multiple days together going over the final details, and executing a thorough itinerary for the big day. On the rehearsal, Judy and Jackie (also amazing) and her team managed to organize our 26 person bridal party into practicing our detailed walkthrough not once, but 3 times. They kept everyone (including this nervous bride) calm and organized. On the wedding day, they made everyone (and our venue) look truly beautiful.

Profile Picture Shelby, 1/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My daughter was married at a very lovely location in May. We were very pleased with the work that was done. However, after working with Judy and Veronika in October, we both said we wished we had known about them months ago.

Profile Picture User7374963, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy is absolutely amazing to work with. She's responsive, flexible, attentive, and totally willing to change the makeup to fit your tastes. I tried airbrush makeup during my trial and was NOT a fan at all -- just didn't like how it looked with my skin tone -- and Judy immediately noted that we would need to use liquid makeup for the day-of. She took copious notes about what I liked and disliked, and kept in touch to make sure her notes were still accurate by the time my wedding came around. I also really appreciated how calming and easy going she was on the day-of (weddings can be kind of crazy!). Judy's also one of the best values in the area. A lot of vendors in the DC area have a minimum number of makeup applications they require to be booked for the day. I was the only makeup application in my group, and Judy was still willing to come out for my big day. I so appreciated her willingness to help me out!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Judy and her sister provided hair and makeup to myself and bridesmaids for my big day! They were SO great! Everything turned out so beautiful and we had so much fun with them:)

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy was absolutely great! From the beginning she was very professional and friendly, and she made sure to know exactly what I wanted so that everything would turn out perfect. I wouldn't change anything about my wedding, including Judy!

Profile Picture Lilivette, 10/9/16, 4 Reviews