59 Reviews for JSL Visions

Group Discounts (2)
Blowouts (1)
Hair Extensions (1)
Textured Styling (1)

Judy was everything I could have asked for in a wedding day of coordinator and as my makeup artist. I could write a novel about how Judy went above and beyond as our wedding day-of coordinator. From the first time I met with her, I knew she had attention to detail and was going to prioritize what I felt was important on my wedding day. She was there to help me and my husband sort through etiquette questions and other tough issues that come up during a wedding. She worked throughout my entire wedding day to make it run smoothly and there was never an issue that came up. And if there was, she made sure I didn’t have to worry about it. She was far more than just a wedding day-of coordinator, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an expert coordinator.

On top of her quality work, she is a warm and engaging individual. It was a joy every time we were able to see her. Furthermore, she also did my makeup for the day of the wedding, and did an excellent job. As I told my friends: “I’ve never looked more beautiful in my life.” She made sure that my makeup matched by style, but she also provided guidance when I was unsure about how I wanted to look. Her assistants on the day of were also absolute professionals.

Again, I highly recommend Judy and her services. I am so grateful I found her and had the pleasure of getting to know her.

Profile Picture Scarlet, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Group Services, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Judy went above and beyond for my wedding. She was amazing and her team Gabby and Fatima were awesome too.
Best seevice and the wedding went off without a hitch. Btw it rained the whole day and nothing skipped a beat. Judy thought of everything. Best day ever!!!

Profile Picture Veronika, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Judy and her team were wonderful to work with! She was very responsive and flexible when scheduling my trial which was very much appreciated as I live in NC and was very limited in when I could be in DC. She was also able to suggest a timeline that would work with the rest of our schedule for the day.
Fatima did my hair and makeup trial and was so easy to communicate with and was able to give suggestions on makeup when I wasn't sure what I wanted. Fatima was very receptive to feedback about the few things that I wanted to change.
Fatima and Gabby came to our hotel room on the wedding day and I don't have enough good things to say. All of my bridesmaids looked beautiful. Gabby somehow got everyone's hair to hold all night and Fatima did a beautiful job on the makeup. They were also fun people to hang out with all morning. I would highly recommend JSL Visions!

Profile Picture Emilia, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We had Judy do hair and makeup for myself and two bridesmaids as well as hair for the flower girl. She was so easy and fun to work with! She really knows her stuff and came prepared with tons of primers, and colors to suit each of our skin tones. I had a specific idea of a hair style with minimal photo examples and she nailed it during our trial. She was great with my feedback at the trial. My hair and makeup lasted all day (including my false lashes, which she ordered specifically because I requested a particular shape). She did her work on time and was definitely one of the easiest vendors to work with. Plus, she's one of the best values in Northern Virginia. Definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Judy and her team are amazing! I had a large group of bridesmaids and myself, all needing a mix or hair, makeup, or both. Judy and her team were so accommodating to everyone and were set up and ready for us early on the big day. Would totally recommend!!

Profile Picture Cara, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Judy and her team were amazing, from my first email to the final spritz of hair spray. She took time during my trial to find the perfect look, particularly since I didn't have a clue about what make-up I wanted. She didn't even mind when my cat decided her tools were toys. She was professional, listened to my ideas and feedback, and on the wedding day Judy and Fatima were prompt, efficient and easy to chat and laugh with. My Best Women, mother and mother in law loved their hair and make-up and I felt like a million bucks. Even better, my face and hair held up all night long. I'd recommend Judy and JSL Visions in a heartbeat!!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/19/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I am so happy that I decided to use Judy for my hair and makeup. She was brilliant and very patient in helping me decide on how I wanted to look that day - and the results were better than I could have hoped for! I felt stunning and beautiful but still myself. She has year of experience, continued enthusiasm for weddings, and wonderfully positive energy all of which make such a difference when you are getting ready for your big moment. I would recommend her whole-heartedly.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, Makeup, Hair Trial

Judy was fantastic from the get go - super responsive and professional and lovely to work with! As an out of town bride, she was very accommodating for my schedule and even came to my house on Thanksgiving morning for my trial which was extremely appreciated - helped cut back on some of the stress planning a wedding out of town! I showed her a variety of Pinterest photos and she was able to totally execute EXACTLY what I wanted - which is saying b/c I am such a perfectionist and obsess over details :) She never pushed any extra costs, and instead just gave me great advice on my 100 questions instead. Not only was my hair and make up perfect on the day off, all my bridesmaids kept saying how Judy and Fatima did such an excellent job on them too - so many hair/make up artists I have used in the past for other weddings - they will put too much make up on, or my hair will fall out. None of that happened with Judy and Fatima - I can't recommend them enough. Thank you!

Profile Picture Helen, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Judy is amazing. Do not hesitate to hire her! We hired her as a day-of coordinator for our wedding but due to issues with our reception venue, she ended doing much more than day-of coordination the last month before our wedding. She never complained about that and jumped in with planning as needed. She always had a great attitude! Her and her team visited the venues multiple times (with and without me) and were present at the rehearsal at the church the night before the wedding as well as Judy being with me the entire wedding day - from the morning at the bridal suite at the hotel until my husband and I left the reception that night. While she was with me, her team was taking care of making sure the reception venue was being set up and decorated correctly.
I know of a couple things on the day of the wedding that she fixed - including personally serving the groom and me dinner when she realized that the reception venue started serving guests first - and I have no doubt that there were other things I will never know about! My husband and I always knew where Judy and her team were during the wedding day and that was really comforting to us. Judy is a true professional and our wedding day would not have been the same without her. My only regret is that I didn't hire Judy and her team as partial planners right from the beginning, but my maid-of-honor is getting married next summer and she learned from my mistakes and has gone ahead and hired JSL Visions as partial planners because she was also so impressed with Judy. :)

Profile Picture Meghan, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy is AMAZING! She and her team are so talented. Everyone looked absolutely stunning on my wedding day. I highly recommend JSL Visions. You will not be disappointed. Her work is just beautiful and natural and she is so patient and friendly. I felt so comfortable with her.

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Judy was absolutely great! As someone who never gets their make up done I was definitely anxious in my search for a make up artist. During the hair and make up trial Judy made awesome suggestions and made sure she tried everything until I was sure of what I wanted. She was responsive since day one and made sure to answer all my questions and concerns. She's able to travel to your home and venue but I only needed her at my home which worked out perfectly. On the day of the wedding she was on time and ready to go with her sister to help. She did make up and hair for my mother and my aunt and they loved it. It is safe to say I loved my look and received many compliments all night. She knew how to give me the bridal look without going to far. I can definitely say I was beyond pleased with her services and of course prices.

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Judy did an amazing job with hair and makeup for myself and my mother and mother-in-law! She was perfectly happy to work with my small group and made us all feel special and beautiful. During the trial, she did a great job of synthesizing my vague ideas and a couple of pictures into the perfect look. On the wedding day, she executed everything flawlessly and on schedule, all with a reassuring, laid-back demeanor. I would recommend Judy's services to anyone.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I give JSL Visions 5 starts because when many other vendors found me difficult and honestly most of them let me go,...oh well, this company understood what my concerns were and worked with me, even though, I know I could be difficult at times, hey it was my wedding day, everything needed to perfect!! some vendors were not responsive or very expensive. but this company was everything to me. I want to especially thanks Judy and her team. They did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. they are very up to the trend and latest styles. my bridesmaids are on the hippy side and her team was able to replicate any of the looks they were showing her......interesting looks by the way, however, I loved it. anyways, It was such an amazing experience having JSL Visions as my hair and makeup company.
by the way, did I mention I was difficult? and I still give them a 5...... Simply beyond expectations!!

Profile Picture Janet, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy was great on the day of my wedding! She arrived promptly (before I even got there!) and was already working on my MOH hair. She was even able to do makeup and hair on last minute add-on and we were still done on time! All my bridesmaids looked beautiful I loved my hair and makeup. She really worked with me to make me feel comfortable with my look as I don't tend to wear too much makeup

Profile Picture Anastasia, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Judy and her assistant were wonderful! They made things so easy despite being cramped in a tight hotel room. Judy was so helpful in giving me advice about my hair and different products for my skin during the trial. The day of the wedding my hair and makeup both turned out beautifully and lasted throughout the night.

Profile Picture Alaina, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

your company is TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! my fiance, now my husband and I moved to the DC area from Colorado, therefore, we did not know many people who could recommend hair and makeup services. my sister was going to travel and assist with the planing, however, I needed makeup and hair for my wedding party and I. we decided to browse wedding wire and we came across JSL Visions. I decided to request a quote and do some other inquires. Judy responded within 15 mnts after my first email. I must say, I was Impressed. Judy not only responded really fast, she was so friendly, professional and knowledgeable that I immediately felt comfortable. we decided to do some other inquires with another vendors and any of them delivered the way Judy did. Her team is extremely professional and ON TIME
My hair looked spectacular and my makeup extremely polish. I was able to dance all night and everything was mostly intact. The rest of the wedding party looked stunning. I am so glad we hired Judy and her company.

Profile Picture Irena/Scott, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Judy at JSL Visions was a joy to work with throughout the wedding planning process! She was extremely responsive to my questions and worked with me to create a productive wedding day timeline. Her calm personality helped to calm my nerves and my wedding day extra enjoyable. All of the ladies in my bridal party, as well as, the moms and myself had our make up and hair done and we received many compliments from guests. Also, our complete looks lasted for several hours. When I look at the photos I see "me" and that was one of the most important components of having my hair and make up done! Thanks, Judy :)

Profile Picture Anne, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

I cannot overemphasize what a wonderful experience I had working with Judy! Of all the vendors that we hired for our wedding, she was by far the most responsive. She immediately responded to my initial request and was very accommodating in terms of scheduling a trial, determining the number of people needing hair and makeup, and the schedule of the wedding day. In comparison to all other makeup and hair artists that I found, her prices cannot be beat, especially for the quality service she provides. On the wedding day, my makeup looked natural and exactly as I had envisioned it. Since I have a pixie cut and not much can be done with my hair, she even gave my hair some volume free of charge! Judy, thank you so much for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day, and for being such a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Maja, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

I want personally thank Judy for her excellent customer service and for making my day unforgettable.
I came to Judy with so many different wedding ideas that only I could possibly understand. Judy sat down with me for about 2 hours and listened every word I had to say. after I was done she looked at me and said I will incorporate all your ideas and will bring some of my owns if that is okay with you, she added. at first i was a little skeptical and didn't quite understand what she meant by that. however, by the time i left her place, I had the perfect vision of how exactly i wanted my wedding to be. she patiently helped me thru the process with so much professionalism and quality. she took all my load and made sure my wedding was exactly what i dreamed of. words can not express my gratitude, every thing was perfect. From the flowers, the music, the photographer, the hair and makeup. she made sure I had peace of mind. Judy was a great choice as a wedding planner and I will for ever be grateful.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Judy did a great job for our wedding. She was extremely responsive from the beginning. I didn't have a very specific idea of what I wanted, just some pinterest pictures of styles I liked. For our trial, Judy was great at asking questions about my personal style and took the time to build up on it so I could have a wedding day look that I was comfortable with but would also work with my dress, veil, pictures and feel. On the wedding day, she arrived early and made sure to organize mom, my maid of honor and I so we would stay on schedule. She followed the careful notes she took during our trial and made me look perfect. She also did a wonderful job with mom and my maid of honor, who were both raving about how happy they were with their look. All to say, Judy is wonderful, very professional and patient. I am extremely happy she was there on my big day and will definitely be calling her for other events.

Profile Picture Sheyla, 8/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I chose to go with JSL visions for hair and makeup and it was a great choice. My hair and makeup trial went very smoothly as they just came to my house and we tried different hair and make-up styles. The team that worked on us the day of the wedding was very professional and provided excellent service. It's nice that they don't charge mileage or pass on transportation costs to their customers. I'd highly recommend JSL visions for hair and makeup for a wedding or another special event. I know I'm going to keep them in mind if I have any other events to attend.

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/5/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married in August 2017 and have put this off writing this review for way too long! JSL provided day-of coordination services, as well as hair and makeup. If you're on the fence about hiring a planner or a DOC, don't be, just do it (and consider hiring JSL). Judy went above and beyond as a DOC, and her services paid for themselves many times over. No spreadsheet or checklist on the internet could have come close to accounting for everything that needed to be accounted for. Our wedding wasn't extraordinarily large or elaborate (110 people; public parks venue; ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception), but I seriously cringe thinking about how many things would have gone wrong without Judy. She was prompt, professional, and extremely thorough with everything. She adapted well to different personalities-- I was on the passive side and often deferred to her expertise, but my mother and MOH were a bit more opinionated; she worked well with all of us. She and her team even dealt with the inevitable drama/meltdown (which was quickly and discreetly resolved). I was pleased with the hair and makeup services from the team as well, although if you want something beyond the (well-executed, flattering) basics, you need to be prepared with ideas (which is the case with any hair or makeup artist). If I could do it again, I probably would have discussed making bolder hair and makeup choices, and I'm confident the team would have delivered. Highly recommended! Don't chance it, especially if you've never been involved in wedding planning before.

Profile Picture Laura , 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough great things about Judy!! I could tell from my trial that I had chosen the right person for my wedding. She was willing to try anything during my trial and made sure that I had exactly the look I wanted. She made me look absolutely stunning on my wedding day. It poured down rain on my wedding day and I had to take my wedding pictures in humidity and misty rain and I danced the night away, but at the end of the night my hair and makeup still looked just as great as the beginning! She also did a beautiful job on my bridesmaid's hair and did exactly what I asked of giving them a similar look without being the exact same as mine. The lady she brought with her to do my bridesmaid's makeup also did a beautiful job. Her prices are reasonable, and she is so kind and professional. I highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning

Judy was amazing! We hit it off from the moment we met. She made everything fun and relaxing. She and Veronica did an amazing job on not only my hair and make up, but also that of my 4 bridesmaids (daughter and step daughters). We had so much fun and we all looked so beautiful! I can't thank her enough for the excellent service that she provided and I would highly recommend her to any bride and bridal party she is AWESOME!

Profile Picture Robin , 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists