JSH Music Productions, Inc. Reviews

65 | Solvang, CA

65 Reviews for JSH Music Productions, Inc.

JSH Music Productions, Inc. 1
JSH Music Productions, Inc. 2

Our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be and the music was no small part in that. Matt and the Vineyard Byrds brought just the right energy to our event. The music was familiar but delivered in a fresh and fun way. The dance floor was packed and the crowd was into every song. The band was gracious and Matt's infectious personality made everyone feel like family. Working with Jon was a delight. I could not imagine having a better experience than Jon provided.

Sent on 05/16/2015

Demory · Married on 10/04/2014

Stir Father was an amazing band! They rocked our outdoor country wedding that had all the guests raving about about them. They are skilled and talented musicians. Many guests asked for their name because they wanted this band at their next event! It was our main goal to support local and knowing Jon personally I knew he would make it happen and he did. Thank you for making our wedding memorable. The music was epic!!!! It went by so quick, but a great time. We love good music and appreciate all your hard work! Cheers and Thank you, Darin and Demory Fordyce

Sent on 10/10/2014

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Demory and Darin! It was a complete and total pleasure to perform for you at the ranch a few weekends ago! My best to you both!
    This wedding featured the 5-piece STIR FATHER classic rock/country/dance band, Erich Schneider playing acoustic guitar for ceremony, and DJ/MC services

Jesse · Married on 07/26/2014

I cannot put into words how pleased I was with JSH music. Their professionalism and skill are beyond compare. They made my entire reception an unforgettable event.

Sent on 12/25/2014

Susan · Married on 07/12/2014

Our guests are still raving about the band. From the pre-ceremony and ceremony instrumental, the cocktail hour duets, dinner background music, and a wide variety of dance music...the band was just what our son and daughter-in-law wanted. Jon was easy to work with and understanding of our needs. I highly recommend JSH music. The addition of Dave Bernal for country vocals and harmonica was fabulous. I wish I had another event so we could use the band again.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Jamie · Married on 07/05/2014

You guys did a great job! The music at cocktail hour {we didn't hear personally} but were told it was great! The background music at dinner was right on target. Best of all, of live band during the dance party was fantastic! We loved every minute of it and we know guests did as well. We still get compliments on the band to this day. We are thrilled with your entire performance, and are so happy we felt like we were at a concert!

Sent on 09/29/2014

We hired Jon to take care of all announcements and sound for our June wedding. He is an amazing MC and DJ! He supplied all the sound for our ceremony, dinner music and reception. We worked together off a playlist my husband and I created. Throughout the wedding Jon added in his own flair with music choice and was spot on. Our friends and family loved every minute of it and had a blast on the dance floor. The additional lighting definitely added a special touch. I highly recommend using Jon for any event!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Angela · Married on 06/21/2014

Jon at JSH was awesome to work with. He played music based off an extensive list of songs we supplied. He was able to source the songs we wanted to use for our ceremony, special dances, etc. He provided all mics needed for the ceremony as well as toasts. He even had lights and a dog machine that really helped the party stay exciting. Great vendor!

Sent on 03/27/2015

Allison · Married on 05/17/2014

We had Jon as our DJ and he was absolutely fantastic! He was eager to play all of our song requests and was a blast to work with. If you are ever having an event in the SB/Santa Ynez area, I definitely recommend JSH Music Productions!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Brian · Married on 05/01/2014

We hired Jon, and Stir Father for my daughters wedding reception at the Granada Theater in Santa Barbara in March. I would give them 10 stars if possible! The band played almost continuously and went into overtime until midnight. The DJing between sets was perfect and the sound engineer helped make everything perfect. Jon was very responsive to all requests and learned several additional songs that my daughter, her fiancé or I requested, including a specially modified rendition of "We Are Young" (You're So Young!) for the father/daughter dance. There was a great synergy between the band and the guests that made for an unbelievable party celebration. Everyone is still talking about that evening... Thanks to Jon and all the band members!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Michelle · Married on 04/11/2014

Given that we had a destination wedding, we went solely by the recommendation of our wedding planner. From the moment we met Jon, we were immediately pleased. He was so kind and attentive to us on the day of our wedding. He quickly introduced himself to us and put us at ease as we entered our reception. He was very professional with a fun light-hearted personality. Prior to the wedding I sent all of our requests and I was not disappointed on the big day. All of our requests were met, while Jon added his own twist to our musical likes. He created a fun, upbeat musical atmosphere which had all our guests dancing till the last possible minute. In fact, people were begging him to continue, but could not due to the venue curfew. I look back on our wedding day as the best day of our lives, and Jon was so much a part of the many memories to last a lifetime. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 02/10/2015

E · Married on 09/14/2013

We are so happy that Jon from JSH Music Production made the journey from southern California to the north coast for our wedding. Everything was amazing, and he even helped us stay on track during our reception. Everyone is still talking about the dance party! Jon had the best play lists, which shows he really listened to all our requests!

xoxo Mr. & Mrs. Epperson

Sent on 09/20/2013

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks Stella and Dylan! It was such a pleasure to rock out your wedding celebration!

Nicole · Married on 08/31/2013

I would highly recommend JSH Music Productions if you are looking for great entertainment for your wedding. Jon worked with us for months figuring out the best songs to play at our wedding. Jon was very responsive both by phone and email to answer any questions we had. We met with him multiple times to check out the different bands he plays with and they ALL were great! We hired the Just Dave Band for our vineyard, country themed wedding and we couldn't have been happier. They rocked the house all night!! They truly helped make our wedding the best night ever!

Sent on 09/26/2013
  • W

William · Married on 07/20/2013

Absolutely the best. Great talents, friendly demeanor, flexible with music, wide range of music at a great price.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Rosanne · Married on 07/13/2013

Jon Harris was instrumental in helping us put together a plan for the ceremony as well as the reception. The band was a perfect fit for the venue and the guests. His communications were prompt and thorough and he was always accommodating and flexible. I would highly recommend JSH Music Productions.

Sent on 07/25/2013
  • User3412002 · 2+ years ago

JSH did an amazing time at my wedding. They accommodated many of my musical requests. They created a fun lively soundtrack for my wedding. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Megan · Married on 09/15/2012

This guy was AWESOME. I can't thank Jon enough. My wedding coordinator had amazing things to say about him, but it didn't all come into play until the wedding began. I loved every single song he played, the way he put each song I requested together with other similar songs and created such a great mood for the cocktail hour, reception and dancing! The wedding party had such a great time my dad extending him to stay an extra hour! He was unobtrusive in his announcements as MC, classy and fun! He even visited our table to see how we were doing and see if we had any requests and double check the way we wanted the rest of the evening to run. :) On top of it all, he wore a nice pair of jeans, a nice shirt and cowboy hat to our wedding since it was a country theme! The lighting, music, MC, and everything was perfect! Couldnt be more happy with our decision & our wedding planner's recommendation!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Thanks Megan and Jeremy!
    I had an awesome time DJ'ing your wedding! Great crowd, great venue and a perfect warm summer evening! My best to you two!
    Thanks for the review,
    ~JON

Dan · Married on 06/25/2011

DJ Jon was extremely willing to work with us to make sure we had the perfect playlist for our wedding...whether it was the nice songs that acted as a great background to dinner or the party songs to dance to during the reception, he just nailed it! If you're looking for a DJ that can take care of any kind of reception and knows what kind of music of music to play based on what the crowd is feeling, while also being hands off enough to know that the focus is the "fun," then DJ Jon is your man. Can't recommend him more highly.

Dan & Sarah Hess

Sent on 08/01/2011

German · Married on 06/11/2011

Couldn't have been any happier with our wedding! Although our wedding was in Northern California, communicating with Jon was breeze. Whether by email or phone, Jon was very helpful in making suggestions and very flexible with our numerous last minute timeline changes. He moved the wedding along perfectly which helped my wife and I have more time to dance and hang out with our guests.

Between my mom, my wife's parents and ourselves, we only gave Jon a handful of music requests and told him to run with it. Having a half Latino wedding, we were going to need a good variety of music and Jon nailed it. With salsas, merengues, hip hop and rock, we had parents, friends and even grandparents on the dance floor until the very last song.

Jon also suggested the Schneider father/son guitar duo for our ceremony music and they were great. We chose the songs we wanted for our aisle walks only weeks before our wedding and they were able to learn the songs they didn't already know and were right on queue with everything.

I received many compliments on the music for the day and was told it was the most fun they'd had at wedding in a long time by many of our guests. Although I don't plan on getting married again, I would highly recommend JSH Music Productions for any event. Can't imagine how much fun the live band would be.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Neal · Married on 08/14/2010

Jon Harris and JSH Music Productions provided all of the music at our wedding -- acoustic guitar with vocals for our BBQ rehearsal dinner, Spanish guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and DJ and live rock (Stir Father) for our reception. Jon and his guys rocked, and we recommend them highly.

Before the wedding: As our wedding was on a private vineyard, where we had to build out all of our own venues, Jon visited the property months before the big day and helped us figure out how to set up for each event -- recommendations that worked out perfectly. Jon was always responsive with quotes and proposed set lists, available by both phone and e-mail.

Rehearsal BBQ: We did a casual BBQ for all our guests rather than a traditional rehearsal dinner. Stir Father's lead singer sang and played amplified acoustic guitar, providing a fun and mellow atmosphere as our guests mingled and celebrated. He also happily accommodated roasts and two friends who wanted to sing. Jon was there to help set up and to make sure it all went smoothly.

Ceremony Music & Cocktail Hour: Great Spanish guitar. Handled our music choices well, hit his cues perfectly, and provided great background music for the cocktail hour. Set the mood and perfectly matched the event's vibe.

Dinner & Dancing: Jon and Stir Father were, in a word, awesome. Jon nailed the cue for our arrival song and was ready to go with each of our set-piece dances. Then the band kicked in -- and they rocked. Stir Father started with music that all our guests would enjoy, then moved seamlessly through the set list that we'd worked out ahead of time. They sounded fantastic covering everything from "Video Killed the Radio Star" to "Paradise City."

Our photos really tell the story: a full dance floor with guests of all ages having a blast. We had such a good time ourselves that we decided to skip our early departure and have the band play an extra half hour. They even took it in stride when our of our guests, rockin' out at the front of the dance floor, tripped over a monitor and took the lead guitarist down with her.

Jon and the band weren't cheap, but they were worth it. We wanted our wedding to be a big party for all our family and friends, and JSH Music Productions helped make it exactly that.

Sent on 11/06/2010
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 07/24/2010

We could not be happier with the level of service that Jon provided. From the get go Jon was extremely professional, defined what his role consisted of, and let us know what he would need from us. We received such amazing feedback from all of our guests on how fantastic of party our wedding was. The dance-floor was packed the ENTIRE evening. My criteria for a good wedding was people dancing, a little drunk, and well fed. Jon sure did help in achieving one of our goals. I would highly suggest him to anyone else!!

Sent on 09/15/2010

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks Jacqueline and Jeff!
    It was a blast performing for you guys out there at Tres Hermanas Winery (beautiful garden setting). My best to you two!
    This wedding featured JSH Music's top-notch DJ services, from ceremony, through cocktails and dinner and dancing the night away!

Andrew · Married on 06/05/2010

We booked Jon Harris as DJ for our wedding in June and would highly recommend him. From the first time we met Jon, over a glass of wine joined by his lovely wife, we knew everything was going to be great. In the planning stages Jon was responsive to emails and well-organized. He worked with us to make a great set-list for the reception party and he is confident, calm and very professional on the microphone to keep things ticking along nicely. Jon was able to play a great selection of songs that we had chosen before hand and also seamlessly include a couple of requests for others at the party. Most importantly, he was super easy going and kept a calm and fun attitude throughout and easily adapted when we inevitably morphed from the schedule that we had so carefully planned out. Jon is a great DJ and if you have a bigger venue than we were working with he also has a couple of bands which sound like they would be really fun. Thank you to Jon for helping to make our wedding a special day and a fantastic time was had by all.

Sent on 06/08/2010

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks Andrew and Michelle!
    I really enjoyed performing for you and your family and friends at Stella Mare's!
    This wedding featured my DJ/MC services and widescreen video screen for a great bride and groom slideshow.

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2009

JSH Music Productions provided live jazz music for the outdoor cocktail hour following our wedding ceremony and DJ services for the reception in October 2009 in Berkeley, Ca. We loved working with Jon - he is enthusiastic and clearly loves what he does. We spoke to him several times leading up to our wedding and he was willing to spend plenty of time with us to understand the feel we were going for.

The jazz quartet was very professional and all our wedding guests loved the sophisticated and fun cocktail hour during sunset on the patio. Jon did an excellent job with introductions and announcements - he kept the event moving smoothly along but never tried to "steal the show," as I've seen some other DJs try to do. A guest gave us a surprise hula performance partway through the reception which he handled expertly - he even had appropriate music. He also did a great job accommodating our request for a short movie screening - he provided all the necessary equipment and all the technology worked seamlessly.

For the dance party, we had chosen several "must play" songs and Jon did a great job suggesting other music we might like. Most importantly, he kept the dance floor packed almost an hour past our planned quitting time! He has a terrific sound system and lots of fun lights to set a great mood. (Make sure your DJ has lights because it makes a huge difference in the feel of the dance party.)

Overall, my husband and I were completely happy with our choice and would highly recommend JSH Music Productions for your wedding or other event.

Sent on 11/30/2009

Thanks Sarah and Brian!
    The Brazilian Room was such a great venue for your wedding! My best to you both!
    This wedding featured the FREE RADICALS Jazz group for cocktails outside on the patio, JSH Music DJ/MC services for Dinner and Dancing, and the LCD video projector/widescreen format video screen package for a wedding video featuring a special guest who could not be in attendance at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park in Berkeley, CA.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/03/2009

JSH Music Productions did an awesome job at our wedding!! Jon was super professional, had great music suggestions, and really kept the party going all night. All of our guests said he was the best DJ they had ever seen! We had some interesting music selections for our ceremony and Jon did a fantastic job accommodating them. Chris totally rocked the guitar for the cocktail hour and everyone LOVED IT! Thanks again Jon! Joel and Sarah Dean

Sent on 11/21/2009

Thanks Joel and Sarah!
    This wedding featured Chris Fossek on Classical Nylon String Guitar for Ceremony and Cocktail hour and my DJ/MC Services for dinner and dancing at the beautiful Figueroa Mt. Farmhouse near Los Olivos, CA.

Ravina · Married on 02/21/2009

We were so happy with the services provided by JSH for our wedding in February, 2009. We used Jon's jazz band for the first part of our reception, and they were fabulous! Provided exactly the atmosphere we wanted during dinner and Jon even arranged for our nieces to sing L-O-V-E with the band. After dinner Jon switched over to his DJ service and had the room dancing until the very end. The pictures are proof that everyone was up and moving around! Compared to the prices for the other entertainment companies we looked at, JSH provided quite deal for the high quality they delivered. Jon was wonderful to work with and very organized and responsive. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/01/2010

Christina · Married on 08/08/2008

Professional, great to work with, very talented musicians! JSH Music Productions hosted the music for our wedding weekend. The jazz band played at our formal reception, cocktail hour, and background music during dinner. Lively and fun when they needed to be (cocktail hour) and subdued during the dinner. The music was great for every age group too. Jon provided the perfect entrance announcement for my husband and I and accommodated to changes in the timeline. Our 'day two' party was at a vineyard barn...the rock band was AWESOME! So much fun, I can still picture everyone dancing! They really exceeded my expectations. The sound level was perfect too, I've been to weddings where the band is so loud it's uncomfortable.
    I would recommend JSH Music to anyone, feel free to contact me ca_locascio@yahoo.com

Sent on 12/03/2009

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks Christina and Michael!
    This wedding featured my jazz quartet the FREE RADICALS for cocktails and dinner music and my rock/funk/dance band STIR FATHER for the "after-party" in the barn at the very cool and secluded Larner Vineyard in Solvang, CA