JPR Weddings Reviews

47 | Sherman Oaks, CA

47 Reviews for JPR Weddings

Erin · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband and I had JP officiate our wedding in August, thanks to a recommendation from our wedding planner. Before committing, we met with JP to ensure he understood our "vision" for our ceremony. Not only did we feel comfortable then, but when it came time to officiate our actual wedding, we felt as though we were up there speaking to a friend. We still receive compliments on our wedding ceremony and couldn't recommend JP more! :)

Sent on 10/19/2015

Misha · Married on 07/12/2015

Dear JP,
    I've saved this one (thank you letters) for last, in hopes that I, with the practice, might stumble upon the words to express the gratitude
    Nishan and I Feel for the wonderful ceremony you gave us. In selecting an officiant, we had hoped to find someone that was understanding of our feelings towards religion and God, and of the love and commitment we had for each other. We wanted to find someone who would want to get to know us and our relationship. And we also hoped he/she could make the ceremony fun and upbeat for all our guests. Well,we feel like we hit the jackpot when we found you. The only words I can come upwith to express how we felt
    about the ceremony are "it was perfect, just what we wanted". I lost count of how many people told me that you were wonderful. The enthusiasm for you and the ceremony was contagious all throughout the reception. Everyone
    wanted to know where we found our officiant! So, thank you a thousand times for everything you've done...

Warmest regards,
    Misha and Nishan Ounjian

Sent on 08/13/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/11/2015

JP was amazing. He told us that he was open to meeting with his couples as many times as they wanted and we really took him up on that offer- probably meeting with him 6 times before the wedding. We joked that he was better than couples therapy because he did an amazing job working with us on our communication and family histories. Come wedding day he absolutely knocked it out of the park- the ceremony was so heartfelt and personable and he was so calm and collected the entire time helping us to feel so relaxed at the altar. I'd recommend JP to every couple out there- he's the absolute best!!!!

Sent on 07/17/2015

We were referred to JP by a close friend who told us that JP also officiated same-sex weddings, and we could not have been happier with him as our wedding officiant! We were somewhat lost as to the particulars of the ceremony when we met with JP. He was full of wonderfully creative ideas for our ceremony - several of which we used. We were really touched by the inspired words he chose to speak during our ceremony. We did not realize just how huge it would be to have a fabulous officiant. In fact, it made all the difference - we and our friends are still talking about the special ceremony that he conducted. Thanks JP!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Sylvia · Married on 03/14/2015

We are so happy that we found JP to be our officiant, as he truly made the ceremony unique and personalized for us. From the moment we met him, we knew he would be perfect, and our ceremony turned out better then we could have asked for. He took the time to really get to know us during the pre-wedding meetings and had great advice on the readings and vows that we chose. He really captured our relationship and the meaning of our union through marriage, and there was not a dry eye in the house! Thank you JP for making our ceremony unforgettable and truly special. :)

Sent on 05/14/2015

Nicaela · Married on 09/26/2014

JP made our ceremony what it was! He was absolutely incredible and people literally came up to us at the wedding and even today (2 weeks after) and told us how amazing he was.

My husband and I met with JP a couple of times just to get to know him and for him to do the same. We went though different ways that we could do our ceremony and special readings, involving our parents which was so nice that we felt like it was tailored for us!

He was great to work with, punctual, friendly, outgoing, we truly can't say enough good things about JP as our officiant for our wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Katie · Married on 02/01/2014

JP, quite simply, is THE BEST you could ask for in an officiant!! JP was highly recommended to us and after looking over his website, we knew we wanted to meet him. We met with JP and that was it - we didn't consider any other officiants and are SO happy with our entire experience with him. He has an ease and way about him that makes you feel completely comfortable. Each time we met with him leading up to the wedding, we would leave not only happy that he was officiating our wedding but happy that we met him period, he's just a great person.

JP took the time to get to know us and listened to what we felt was important going into our wedding day. He gave us great suggestions for the ceremony itself, making it one that was welcoming, personal and memorable. It fit our personalities and what we were looking for perfectly. I remember seeing JP on our wedding day and feeling like I was seeing a friend and not just our officiant.

We cannot recommend JP enough! He gave us such a beautiful ceremony and truly added to our whole wedding experience from start to finish. Thank you JP!!!

Sent on 03/03/2014

Nicki · Married on 12/06/2013

JP Reynolds is simply the BEST officiant we could have asked for! We had a beach wedding in Santa Monica recently and were planning it from a distance as we live in Minnesota. We found JP online by researching officiants in the area and reading reviews. We were very impressed with JP's website and the video that was describing his background and philosophy on weddings. We inquired about his availability and pricing and received a response very quickly (same day) and we set up a Skype meeting since we were unable to do so in person.

He was on time for our Skype meetings and very personable and detailed and interested in our background and our vision for our ceremony.
    He gave a lot of great ideas and things to think about in terms of the ceremony details and was always available to answer any questions or to discuss the ceremony details leading up to the wedding day.

As for the wedding ceremony, he was very organized and he remembered every detail we had discussed prior and was a wonderful leader of the ceremony. Guests after were commenting how it seemed as if he knew us for many years prior to our wedding and the truth was that we met him in person for the first time AT our ceremony.

We would HIGHLY recommend JP Reynolds! We could not be happier!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Bridget · Married on 09/13/2013

TEN STARS!! We received JP's contact information from our Venue (Bel-Air Bay Club in Pacific Palisades) and he was SO GREAT! We met with JP twice; Once to meet and understand his perspective on ceremony and another time to nail down the details. What a wonderful man! I didn't think I would remember anything from the ceremony, but his words are still pleasantly running through my head. I always wondered if it would be strange having a quasi-stranger marry me, but this was nothing of the sort! He listened so intently during our meeting, and actually touched on some personal details in the ceremony that anyone else would've forgotten!

He was so eloquent and endearing while leading the ceremony. He's got great ideas for anyone not sure of how they want their ceremony to be handled. He's also probably the only officiant who asked us which shirt/tie combo would be best! JP is highly recommended from everyone at my wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Dani · Married on 08/31/2013

JP is such a magnificent officiant! My husband and I were very creative with our wedding ceremony because of our different cultures and religious backgrounds, and JP was so supportive of our wishes. He was respectful of our traditions and really set the tone for our wedding. Our ceremony was so special and beautiful, and we cannot thank JP enough!

Sent on 10/18/2013

If you are looking for your officiant to make your ceremony touching, special, and memorable, look no further than JP Reynolds. JP rescued us at the last minute (i.e., two weeks before the wedding), as we had completely procrastinated finding an officiant. He was completely responsive to my emails, and our Skype meeting (I live abroad so couldn't meet in person) totally reassured me that JP would make our ceremony feel like "us."

Our ceremony was just perfect. JP was so warm and welcoming. Not only is he a master at crafting the perfect blend of things to say, but his delivery was impeccable--sincere, engaging, clear, and smooth. My husband was subtly nodding after each thing JP said, which really showed just how much JP's words and way of speaking resonated with him. After the beautiful ceremony, which was everything I wanted and more!, my husband could not stop raving about JP. When I mentioned that JP also teaches speaking for corporate contexts, my husband announced that he wanted to take lessons from him!

Thank you so much, JP! You nailed it!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Kelly · Married on 01/20/2013

My husband and I are so incredibly grateful to JP Reynolds for making our wedding ceremony unique and memorable. JP's approach was unlike other marriage ceremonies I've witnessed and we received so many complements about how great he was and inquiries about how we found him. We definitely felt like what he said was unique to us and profound. One thing that my husband and I wanted to incorporate into our ceremony was a handfasting and JP transitioned into this perfectly and included all the information about what handfasting is and the origin of handfasting that we wanted to share with our guests. I am so glad that we found JP and will always have fond memories of him and feelings of gratitude for making our wedding ceremony so special. If you are looking for an officiant who will make your ceremony personal and unique, JPR Weddings is for you!

Sent on 01/31/2013
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 05/27/2012

JP comes with our highest recommendation! My husband and I first contacted him about 1 year before our wedding. Since we were planning from a distance, we first met with JP through a phone call. We then met with him twice in person, once 6 months before the wedding and the other 1 month before the wedding. Throughout these series of meetings, JP took the opportunity to get to know us and our relationship. He asked for our preferences to incorporate into the ceremony, but he very astutely also picked up on the nuances that we never verbalized. We ended up with a ceremony that was customized to who we are as a couple. JP was dignified, sentimental, AND witty, creating a beautiful mood for the wedding. Looking back on our wedding day, it will be the emotions of the ceremony that we most remember, and the officiant is responsible for setting the tone. Please don't overlook this key part of the wedding. JP is the go-to guy if you want a ceremony to remember!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Judy · Married on 03/23/2012

What a wonderful man!!! My husband and I love, love, love him! We met JP about a year before we got married to go over ceremony and things we wanted to incorporate in our wedding. Then about a month prior we met with him and again and he totally remembered us! He is so warm and caring. He speaks beautifully and is so witty!! All of our guests at my wedding were asking if JP is a close friend of ours because we seemed so comfortable together! He will make your ceremony so memorable :)

Sent on 05/30/2012

Myla · Married on 09/23/2011

JP officiated our small wedding in September of this year and we couldn’t be happier! After meeting a couple of other people, we knew immediately he was our guy when we met him for the first time because he is so enjoyable and comfortable to talk to. We really connected with him.

JP really cares about what you want and offers excellent suggestions and works with you. He is a great listener, upbeat and funny. He really showed interest in getting to know us, as he really wants to help you have the best and the most personalized wedding ceremony.

He did an amazing officiating our wedding. It was so intimate, and simple but meaningful and beautiful, just the way we wanted it. We hadn’t met him before so we relied only on his website and online reviews, and we’re so happy we made the right choice. As a bride, I certainly appreciate that he made sure to see me right before I walked down the aisle. He really calmed me down.

Our parents, friends and even our DJ commented or asked about JP, as the ceremony was fun and it touched everyone at our wedding.

Thanks JP, it wouldn’t have been the same without you

Sent on 12/05/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2011

JP was a pleasure to work with from the moment we first contacted him. He was very understanding and really listened to what we wanted in a wedding ceremony. We wanted it short and meaningful, and that is exactly what he delivered. He also gave us some suggestions that turned out wonderful. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and how it was not boring like most wedding ceremonies. I would highly recommend JP to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding!!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Patricia · Married on 04/02/2011

JP was our wedding officiant for our wedding on April 2nd. I can't say enough great things about him. Our guest thought he was an old family friend because our ceremony was so personable and warm. We received so many compliments about him. He was open and understanding and really tried to work with us. His stories were wonderful and fit us perfectly. He truly understood our vision of the ceremony and executed it perfectly. We would recommend him for any kind of ceremony. We would recommend taking any suggestions he gives, he really and truly understands wedding ceremonies.

Sent on 04/30/2011

Andie · Married on 08/29/2010

I seriously could not have imagined a better officiant than JP Reynolds. He worked with us to craft the most perfect ceremony for US. He listened to us, but also gave us his advice and input where required.

When the day arrived, the ceremony was utterly magical. Some people commented that it was one of the best, if not THE best ceremony they had ever attended, thanks to JP.

I highly recommend JP to anyone looking for a creative, charming and talented officiant to marry them.

Sent on 09/20/2010

Bee · Married on 02/15/2009

JP had performed my best friend's wedding along with my other dear friend's wedding and each time I grew more and more impressed with him. He flew to NY for our wedding and many guests came up to me at the wedding and after to tell me how wonderful JP was and how beautiful our ceremony was. His words are powerful without being preachy, he is a beautiful person who gets to know the essence of the couple without ever overshadowing the beauty of the union.

I cannot imagine our wedding without JP and I am so thankful that Courtney was married by him so I could share his info with my best friend and he could bless our marriage with his words and insight.

Sent on 03/10/2009

Bee · Married on 02/15/2008

We love JP! He has married two of my friends and even though we were getting married at a destination on the other side of the country we had to have him, he is AMAZING. He will make your wedding ceremony memorable, funny, personal and so brilliant. Almost all of my guests told me that our ceremony was one of their all time favorites - this was a testament to JP's amazing officiating.

Sent on 02/23/2010

Allie · Married on 04/26/2018

We are so happy that we selected JP as our wedding officiant. It was a pleasure to work with him and he made our ceremony so special. We had people complimenting us on how well he did. He kept it short (what we wanted), sweet and genuine and was so professional. We've been to a few weddings where friends had family or friends act as the officiant and we are so happy we went with a pro like JP (he just knew what to do and some of the little things that a non-pro might miss - he did not). You can't go wrong working with JP for your wedding ceremony and we highly recommend him!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/23/2015

We are really glad our wedding planner recommended JP. He took the time to meet with us a few times before our wedding and was genuinely interested in hearing about our story and getting to know us as a couple. JP was also a great help with the layout of our ceremony and gave some really good insight on preparing vows. He was amazing at the ceremony and really kept all of guests entertained. Overall, JP was really fun to work with!

Sent on 06/16/2015