JPG Photo & Video Reviews

150 | Philadelphia, PA

150 Reviews for JPG Photo & Video

Kristin · Married on 11/15/2008

I love JPG from the first second I saw their website. Their ability to capture emotion and the moment is rare. The personality of this crew also made the experience wonderful... I felt like they were part of the family. As a stressed out Bride a week or so before the wedding Joe said to me "You are now on 24hr call privileges... just let us know whatever you need." And they were there every time I needed them.... before... during & after the wedding. So many of my guests raved about the photographers before they even saw the pictures... once they all did the compliments came on even stronger. JPG was without question the best vendor at my wedding... and they had some tough competition.

Sent on 02/11/2009

Karen · Married on 10/11/2008

If I had to pick one word to describe JPG Photography it would be quality. Because there is nothing but quality from start to finish with them. In their advise and planning before the wedding, their performance during the day of the wedding, and in the final product.

The same day we set the wedding date I was online trying to find a photographer. I think it is safe to say that I looked at 50 photographer’s websites that evening. I made a list of my top 10 favorites and shared them with my finance. JPG’s site was one of the first ones we looked at, and site after site we kept coming back to them as the standard to which all other work was compared. They were incredibly vivid, and they evoked emotion. When I scrolled through the images I found myself smiling with the people in the photos and getting misty at the shots that captured the joy of a wedding day. I started imagining what my photos would look like and I knew that JPG Photography was the team for us.

During planning Joe offered knowledge and tips gained from his experiences and he really took time to listen to our likes and dislikes. We are a couple that knows what we want and he respected that. With so many people offering opinions during the planning process it was comforting to have someone listen to what we wanted and not question it.

Before we knew it the big day was here. I had not met Joe or Rebecca before they showed up at my mothers house, but as soon as Joe got upstairs he gave me a nice big hug and I knew we’d get along famously. No sooner did he arrive then he seemingly faded into the background, quietly and professionally capturing all of the memorable moments of our day. And for someone who is not used to having their photo taken all day long that was extremely important to me. I felt completely comfortable with him from the moment we met.

At the same time that Joe was taking care of the bridal party Rebecca was with the grooms party getting some really spectacular and sophisticated shots of the guys. She has an incredible eye! For the rest of the day Joe and Rebecca were so much fun, they laughed with us and they worked well with our entire wedding party. During our posed photos Joe provided excellent and patient direction, but was also very open to suggestions and ideas that we had. The end result is a collection of gorgeous photos that we will cherish forever. I smile everytime I look at them.

Sent on 12/17/2008

Marissa · Married on 10/04/2008

Excellent work. Completely professional and helped move the whole day along. Our pictures are amazing. Book early to ensure your spot!

Sent on 02/08/2009

Jimmy · Married on 09/20/2008

As a person who has a eye for art and understands the importance and difference between good and bad photography, JPG photography went above my expectations in every way. They are so easy to work with and personable I can't imagine the experience being any easier. Plus the shots that they got were beyond incredible. Not one person hasn't looked at the photos and gone. WOW! I wish they had shot my wedding. If you want a great eye and style JPG is the photography choice for you

Sent on 02/09/2009

Monica · Married on 04/26/2008

I would highly recommend JPG Photography to anyone planning a wedding. The pictures were absolutely amazing.

Sent on 07/29/2008

Christy · Married on 04/19/2008

I cannot say enough good things about Joe and Rebecca. They were great to work with before the wedding and made all of us feel completely at ease during the day. Even when a small disaster happened with my dress - they calmed me down (thank you photoshop!). Joe has such an eye for what will be a great picture and Rebecca is a great compliment. They really work well together. I would highly recommend them for ANY occasion you want photographed.

Sent on 05/13/2008

Casey · Married on 10/20/2007

JPG Photography is amazing! We were so pleased with the photographer's performance on our wedding day. When we saw our beautiful photos, we were thrilled!

Sent on 09/15/2009

Liam · Married on 08/25/2007

What can I say, Dan is the man! Dan and his partner were at every spot when we needed them, without us ever knowing they were there. They got every shot that we asked of them, and I am sure more, since we have not actually seen the photos yet. What I can tell you is that every one of our friends who sent us photos of the event had pics of significant activities, and what I am really excited about was the fact that Dan or his partner were in the mix getting the same photo but at a much better angle.
    If I were having another event, I would hire Dan in a heartbeat. Dan lives in VA Beach, but was willing to come meet with us in Williamsburg on a couple of weekends. He was very flexible in our requests for photos that were not on his list. Additionally, we sat down and had lunch with him and talked about what we liked/disliked, and he caught on very quickly. We had none of those cheesey photos, and got a lot of pics of things we wanted. We paid to have him for the extra hour, and we are glad we did, because everyone stayed until the end and there were some good shots that came from that last hour.

Sent on 09/26/2007

Shira · Married on 12/31/2017

Words cannot describe how appreciative we were for the professionalism, energy and fun Stacey and Justin brought to our wedding day. Nevertheless, I will try. Throughout the entire day, they were a calming force, even during the most aggressive bridal dressing Justin had ever seen :). I cannot think of one time throughout the preparation, ceremony and reception where I saw a photo opp and did not immediately see Stacey or Justin pop in to capture that moment. They were present, but never overbearing.
    We were especially pleased to see how they handled impromptu pics. We did our best to give them a list of the group pictures we wanted at the reception. Unfortunately we were not able to anticipate all of the desired pictures (mainly from our parents). Stacey and Justin rolled with these punches with the upmost of ease.

The pictures we were received were fabulous and funny and truly captured the magic of our New Years Eve Wedding. We could not be happier!

Sent on 04/03/2018
  • I

Ira · Married on 08/30/2016

My wife and I were very happy with Joe and the JPG team. Hiring JPG was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. When we first met with Joe, we were immediately impressed with his friendly demeanor which put us at ease because wedding planning is stressful. We were thrilled with the results of the engagement photos and wedding photos. They were stunning and really captured the the joy, happiness and love of the moment. Joe really has an eye for getting the best shot. When you see him work, you really get a sense that he is in his element. Our friends and family were very complimentary of the photos because they are so fantastic and stunning. And throughout the process, Joe was a professional in every way possible as he played an integral part in our flawless wedding. We paid extra for a videographer to film a highlight video of the entire day. The video was put together very well and really captured the excitement and emotion of the day. After the wedding, JPG stores and distributes all content with easy to use, cutting edge websites. We highly recommend JPG for any wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Joe G. and his team are, in a word, genius. If you're reading this review your search for a wedding photographer is over. We connected with Joe's sense of humor and photojournalistic vision immediately and knew we couldn't have anyone else shooting our wedding. One of the most incredible things about the wedding photos we just got back is that Joe really figured out who everyone is and took photos that captured their personality in a way I honestly didn't know that photography could. The quirky personalities of our bridal party and families really came through in photos that made us both tear up and burst out laughing. If you want a truly dynamic collection of wedding photos that really tells the story of your wedding day in beautifully bright colors, Joe is unbeatable. Not only is the final product incredible, but Joe and his team are true professionals. They are organized, thoughtful, and people you can really TRUST to manage your wedding timeline. Once Joe arrived I knew that he would get us to the venue on time and capture some hilarious, emotional, and fabulously honest (always candid, never staged) moments. Joe and Tom (our second shooter) are also just super fun people who brought out the best in everyone whose happiness they captured. Given that the wedding day is full of blurry happy memories and adrenaline-filled moments, having a collection of photos that brings it all back really is priceless. You can't do better than Joe and JPG.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/18/2015

We selected JPG as our wedding photographers and videographers. For our engagement pictures, we had Matt as our photographer and could not be more happy with the results. On our wedding day, we had an absolute blast with them. Matt, Stacey, and Laura were so much fun and so easy to work with. We are so excited to see the proofs and select our pictures.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Joseph · Married on 10/25/2014

JPG was EXCELLENT. They are friendly and professional and so talented. Joe and his team did a great job with our photos. They were creative and worked with us to find great shots and all of them came out beautifully. They get particular kudos from us for doing such a great job capturing the nuances of our same-sex wedding so perfectly. This may seem like a minor thing, but they didn't try to pose us like a bride and groom or anything like that... they did a really great job capturing our love and our relationship in our photos. You will be very pleased using JPG for your pictures.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Lesleigh · Married on 05/04/2014

Joe and his team did the most amazing job. Our engagement photo session took place in NYC and we could not get over how amazing the photos were! There are fantastic photographers out there, but Joe is one large step, maybe even two large steps, above them. The pictures are truly extraordinary. What I loved about Joe's work is, his pictures tell a story. This is photojournalism at its best. You can't help being captured by the pictures. Not only that, Joe and his team truly went out of their way to make you happy. We were so pleased with them for our wedding. You are missing out a lot if you do not hire them as your wedding photographer. They far exceeded my expectations and I am content knowing that we have the absolute most incredible wedding photos!

Sent on 05/12/2014

JPG's work is impeccable, and their photographers have an 'eye' that you really can't put into words, hence, take a look at their galleries! We always knew we couldn't afford a real photojournalist type of studio, especially in Manhattan. However when we came across JPG, we knew right away that this is the type of studio we wanted. They were still out of our price range, but we decided it made sense to pay a little more for someone we loved, verses less for the studios that were just 'ok'.
    And we are happy we did! Our photographer Tracie is one of the nicest people we have met over the course of our wedding planning. She 'got' us right away, and knew exactly what we were going for. Once we finished our engagement shoot it was such a relief to know she was the most perfect fit for us! The wedding pictures lived up to that standard, and we couldn't be happier with them!
    I should also say that being a gay couple, it is unfortunate that you have to vet vendors based on whether they are comfortable doing same sex weddings. You would be surprised at how many straight people still cringe at the sight of two men kissing, so it's that much more important that the photographer is comfortable. I spoke with Joe about this prior to signing up with them. I think he was more concerned that I had to even have the conversation. Not only was he empathetic to this, but it actually meant a lot of him to have the opportunity to photograph same sex couple weddings, and I felt his sincerity over the phone. What a treat it was to then be featured on their Facebook page once our engagement pictures were ready, and then again when the Defense of Marriage act finally tumbled, one of our ceremony pictures became their Facebook banner. I can't tell you how much that meant to us!
    If you are reading this, consider your search over, choose them and move on, you will be happy that you did and the easiest wedding decision you make!!!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Mollie · Married on 06/07/2013

Everything from JPG was amazing. Our engagement session was a perfect way to get to know the photographers ahead of time and gave us great photos to display at the wedding.
    On the big day, they helped put us at ease and got every photo we specifically asked for and so so much more.
    The photos were ready for us so quickly (about 5 weeks) and they were amazing. Fantastic editing, such vibrant colors. The day goes so fast and you miss so much it is wonderful to have these to look back on for years to come to remind us of the best day of our lives. Best money spent!

Sent on 07/16/2013

D · Married on 06/23/2012

Choosing a photographer felt like one of our bigger decisions - mainly because there are SO many choices and styles of photographers. We went out on a limb choosing JPG with a more photojournalistic approach vs. a more traditional photographer that takes more posed/studio-like pictures, and we are so glad we did. Joe and his team were great to work with - very professional, very communicative (although there were times I could have used one less long email to go through ;), and very likeable.

We had a lot of requests upfront that Joe talked through with us to make sure we were comfortable. We certainly didn't go easy on him! But our wedding day went flawlessly and the photographers were no exception. My wonderful, very easygoing mother only had a few requests for the day, and one was that the photographers weren't disctracting the day of (we've all been to weddings where the photogs are annoying obtrusive) - and she NEVER noticed them, except to say, "the were really working their @sses off!" (she loves a hard worker!).

And the pictures - SO vibrant, so full of life, so true to the day. My husband and I were not easy subjects either - we were so intent on being present for all the wedding, Joe had to get good shots of us in a tight timeframe!

Finally, one of the most important lessons I learned through the process is to wotrk with honestly good people who you are comfortable with - I had no problem saying "no" to Joe and knew that he took everything like a pro (and as a pro, I trusted his advice on a number of shots and they worked out great). Plus, working with nice people with a sense of humor never hurts!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Grace · Married on 03/26/2011

JPG was fantastic!!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Jennifer · Married on 03/04/2011

I can not say enough great things about JPG!! For my wedding day we had Joe, Ashley and their intern Corinne with us and they were AMAZING!!! Joe and Ashley were so easy going and laid back, it made having them around for eight hours easy, relaxing and fun. On our wedding day the team met us at the hotel where we were getting ready and the moment they walked in they began snapping away. They were everywhere yet not once did I feel like they were in my face or in my way. They never stopped taking pictures and they were SO creative! Anytime they saw a spot that would make for a great photo they put us there. My now husband and I are somewhat camera shy, so Joe and Ashley patiently walked us through poses and told us what to do, yet they never had us pose in a way that made us feel awkward or like we weren't being 'us'. And it wasn't long before their fun and friendly attitude had us relaxed and comfortable in front of the cameras. The couple hours where it was just us and them walking though the city and taking photos was some of the most fun we had on our wedding day. It was also so great how excited they got when they snapped an amazing photo! They would smile, show each other the picture then run over and show us. You could tell they truly loved what they were doing and they loved that they were capturing moments that we would love and treasure. Every image we have seen so far we have LOVED. At the reception they even put up a slideshow on their laptop of some of the photos they took throughout the day, every single one of them looked so amazing! Even guests commented on them and how they were everyone taking photos. Joe was even on the floor at one point getting a shot!They even stayed a half hour longer then planned just because they were having so much fun and wanted to get us some more shots! I can not wait to get our disk of photos as I know they are going to be amazing pictures. The quality of their work is some of the best out there and choosing JPG as our photographer was by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 03/13/2011

Molly C. · Married on 12/27/2008

Joe and Rebecca were fantastic! Not only are they great photographers, they are artful editors with a fantastic eye for beauty. You will not be disappointed. Joe listened to our requests, came prepared, and made our dreams come true. Do not hesitate. Book JPG today!

Sent on 03/16/2009

Katie · Married on 09/07/2018

Highly recommend!

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Joe Gidjunis and his team. We chose to go with JPG for both photo & video for our September wedding at the shore and it was one of the best decisions we could have made. When I first spoke with Joe, he talked to me for over an hour about how he works and it was so obvious how much he loves what he does. We had a great engagement session with him and the day of the wedding, I was so happy to see him. We did not have a wedding planner and when Joe showed up, all of the commotion of the day became under his control- he was honestly like an extra bridesmaid for me and I was so happy to have him and his team as part of our day. If you choose to work with Joe and his team, any inconvenience of the day will be handled without skipping a beat. Rain? No problem, you’ll end up with gorgeous photos under an umbrella and they will be very creative to work with the weather or anything else that could go wrong. Makeup on your dress? Not a problem- one of the assistants will be there to clean it up right away. I could not have imagined a better entourage to have had with me on my way wedding day than this team. They are a very busy group, so don’t expect preview images like other smaller photographers often do and it’s a bit more of a process for the photos to be chosen and edited, but the photos are worth the wait. It was also great to have them there for both photo and video because it was the same team and they worked very well together to capture everything and make the day go seamlessly. We could not be happier with our photos and video and we hope to work with JPG again in the future!

Sent on 02/13/2019

Dana · Married on 11/30/2013

My husband Mike and I have been "WOWed" with our experience with JPG. It started with our engagement shoot, which was held at Buffalo Billiards and Frankford Hall with Joe and Grace. They felt like long time friends we haven't seen in awhile, which made our time together just FUN. When we received the photos, we were in awe. Needless to say, they will be forever cherished. One photo was even produced immediately as a canvas print and it now resides lovingly above our bed.

On the wedding day, there was a squad of JPG members and we felt like they weren't even there. Matt was our secondary photographer, Laura was video recording and Stacy was managing our photo booth. When we saw the pictures of the ceremony, we were blown away. Completely romantic, unique and just stunning. We went back to Frankford Hall between our ceremony and reception for some spectacular informal bridal party pictures. Mike and I have never loved taking bridal party photos because we just want to get straight to the partying. But I have to tell you, ours was the complete opposite. Even with the cold weather, JPG did the impossible. They made us love taking our bridal party photos. It was hands down one of the best parts of the day. Everyone with us laughed, cheered and partied whole-heartedly. Need I mention the results? The pictures were absolutely amazing!

The team was able to capture every moment of the reception. We did not think about getting video at first because of the cost of a separate videographer, but the highlight video was wonderfully put together and we felt that it captured our day perfectly. And the photo booth was a wildly successful. Both were completely worth it!

We lost track of how many people came up to us and said, "Who are your photographers? They're AMAZING!" We now have many of our friends and family who want to use JPG. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts JPG!!! It truly was "Our story!"

Sent on 03/04/2014

We LOVED our photographer, Matt, so much it's ridiculous. From our engagement session, to the actual wedding, he's a machine--running around to get the best shot. Our photos were absolutely gorgeous, and we feel so lucky that we found JPG. We really feel like he captured some beautiful moments, and couldn't be happier. Matt's not only an truly amazing photographer, but a pretty amazing guy, too.
    We also opted to get the wedding highlights video, and we are so happy we added it. You can see ours on JPG's blog (know, we have no affiliation with them, nor did they even ask us to shout them out), and it so perfectly highlighted the day. If you have the extra cash, ABSOLUTELY do the highlights video!

Sent on 12/16/2013

JPG is fantastic and so great to work with - they are well worth it and were one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Joe is an amazing photographer and really keeps the flow of photos and large groups on pace. We are very grateful to have worked with them and would recommend them to anyone getting married.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Sun · Married on 08/11/2012

One of the best choices my husband and I made was to pick JPG Photography as our wedding photographer. We truly enjoyed working with Tracie, and she and her assistant Corinne were professional, personable and friendly.

We didn't want to go with a conventional photographer. I browsed through hundreds of wedding photography sites, and they all looked like a cookie-cutter mirror of each other. Then upon stumbling onto JPG Photography website, I was met with an eyeful of naked bikers next to a groom carrying his bride. I thought it was hilarious! Then I looked through the assortment of sample shots and fell in love with the unique and comical approach these photographers at JPG Photography possessed. It was obvious there was personality, corkiness and a sense a humor in the photos that made them more memorable and valuable (in my opinion). I wanted them and fortunately we lucked out with Tracie. She was responsive, approachable and most importantly she was honest, forthright and on time. She took our engagement pictures prior to the wedding, and she showed us her style of photography that made us trust her more. She was absolutely great. She even went to look at our venue prior to the wedding so she can plan which area had the most interesting vantage point. She was truly that dedicated.

I would highly recommend them. I do want to add that I have not received the pictures yet from the wedding, but I'm very assured that they will look great.

Sent on 08/21/2012