JPG Photo & Video Reviews

150 | Philadelphia, PA

150 Reviews for JPG Photo & Video

Suzy · Married on 07/20/2014

Phenomenal team! Do not hesitate! Book now! Trust me, you'll want this team documenting your big day. No one will remember how many tiers your cake was or how many roses you used in your centerpiece but EVERYONE will want to see your photos. And when the day is over and your life begins, these gorgeous photos are all you have left so get the best team in the city.
    It's been a year and my friends and family STILL rave about my photos.
    They were so incredible that we flew them to SC just to make sure they could shoot our wedding.
    Call them and book!
    And if that's not enough, they're pictures have gone viral several times from Cosmo to MTV to Discovery channel.
    They're photos are featured in magazines for Petes sakes!!
    Did I say call them and book?
    Oh yea, call them and book!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Katie · Married on 04/26/2014

Joe and Tom did an amazing job at out wedding. I would recommend them to any couple!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Jenna · Married on 03/01/2014

JPG is absolutely amazing. I recommend them 100%.

At the initial meeting, Joe enthusiastically showed us his previous work and it spoke for itself. We hired him immediately and I'm so glad that we did. My husband and I had to have our engagement shoot the week of the wedding, which was a bit hectic but Joe and Danette made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. The pictures came out beautifully and our session really set the tone for how relaxed and enjoyable the wedding day would be.

Joe and Danette arrived at our hotel while we were getting ready and took some amazing "getting ready" shots. The entire time, they were goofing around with us and making sure that we were happy with everything. From there, we took some pre-ceremony shots at an off-site location then went to the ceremony. They made sure to get my husband and I, our families, friends and other guests in the pictures, which was great.

They captured every moment of the entire night and it was so nice to relive it all once the photos came back.

We also hired a photographer for the photo booth, which I also 100% recommend. Our guests LOVED it and had so much fun.

Long story short- hire them. They're friendly, fun, creative and so talented. They will make sure that you remember all of the special moments from your wedding day.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Oh my goodness, what an amazing day, afternoon, night we had. Our day could have been better or gone more smoothly without JPG being a part of it. I expected Joe to take great pictures, but what I didn't expect is how he went above and beyond to take care of me (the bride) throughout the night. My sister said it best on the day of the wedding - he's the worlds best bridesmaid! From the survival kit he handed me when he walked in the door, to the card he gave both of us to write on our wedding day for our first anniversary to continually checking in with me throughout the night, with sincerity, to make sure I was okay... It was incredible. It was apparent that that the team at JPG was dedicated to getting the best shot possible by the lengths that they went - be it laying in the snow or pushing their way through a crowded Reading Terminal to make sure everything was perfect for us.

Thank you so much JPG for everything. We cannot WAIT to see the pictures.

As a side note - when Joe insists on doing an engagement shoot prior to your wedding - do it. He was absolutely right. It helped us to be comfortable with Joe, to be comfortable in front of the camera - a fantastic idea all around. Plus, we have amazing pictures of us not in our wedding attire! We are so happy to have those pictures as well.

I would recommend the team at JPG without hesitation.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Leslie · Married on 01/04/2014

Amazing!
    Pictures are wonderful!
    Joe was so much fun to work with on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Marianne · Married on 11/23/2013

I don't have enough good things to say about JPG. From our engagement shoot to our wedding, our experience with JPG has been phenomenal! Adam, Gus and Stacey (who shot our wedding) were amazing to work with; by the time the night was over I felt as if they truly became our friends! The photos we got to sneak peak while they were shooting were stunning. JPG was extremely professional throughout the entire process. I spoke with Adam several times before our wedding so when the day came I was confident that Adam was going to get the shots we wanted! I can not wait to see the beautiful photos that I know were taken of our amazing day. (AND if you can get the photo-booth, do it! The pictures my guests got were amazing quality and they had so much fun taking silly photos all night!)

Sent on 11/26/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2013

Joe and his team of photographers are fantastic! This is the second time we had the pleasure of working closely with Joe and his staff. My matron of honor is the one who found JPG and, after experiencing photojournalism at its best, we knew we would be using JPG for our wedding, as well. Joe is a fantastic photographer. He really understands how to capture the moment and the emotions that go with it. Of course there are the formal pictures that everyone has to pose for, but he recommended no more than 15 formal shots because anymore and people start to get angry at the camera. His advice is solid and his recommendations for picture sites are not to be questioned. He had us walking some rocky ground, but it was well worth it for the shots that he was able capture. During the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, you'll be hard pressed to find Joe or his staff stalking you with a camera. It's as if him and his staff just magically disappear into the crowd while taking amazing pictures. The JPG staff are well trained to avoid the spotlight. Like I stated previously, they capture the moment and work with their environment. From the start, JPG was very easy to work with. The staff members are all wonderful people who are very easy going and make you feel comfortable as if you're just hanging out, business aside. Joe and Dave worked with us throughout the whole process. They did our engagement shoot, which was awesome, and they documented the entire wedding day. Dave went with the guys and Joe with the ladies. Joe greeted me with a huge hug and an emergency bag for the day with a straw, tissues, candy, and booze: perfect! We definitely wanted to have a photo booth for the reception and, luckily for us, JPG was able to offer one. It's not the typical photo booth that spits out a strip: you get a 4X6 quality print! JPG is not your typical photographer team. They are all that and more! If you want quality work and new friends, use JPG! Love them!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Sari · Married on 09/21/2013

JPG Photography is the best wedding photographer you could dream of. Joe Gidjunis and his team are amazing—artistic, professional, easy to work with, and just genuinely kind people. We feel lucky to have found them, and to have been able to work with Joe. The JPG team is always up for an adventure, and was as excited as us to try unorthodox locations for photos. We whole-heartedly and enthusiastically recommend them to anyone and everyone looking for a photographer for any occasion.
    Having a good photographer for our wedding was one of the most important things to my husband and I during wedding planning. JPG Photography hit each of the “big three” on our list: first, they took pictures of brides and grooms looking natural and acting like themselves—not looking like awkward statues. Second, their portfolios showed pictures not just of brides and grooms, but of friends and family having fun at weddings. This was SUPER important to my husband and I—sure, we wanted some pictures of us looking great, but what we really wanted to remember is everyone celebrating with us. Third, JPG does a great job in low-light venues-- something we were concerned about since our wedding was indoors and at night.
    The day of our wedding, Joe was such a reassuring presence. He and the crew knew exactly what needed to happen when, and kept us on track. He seemed as excited as us for our first look and for our walk down the aisle. During the ceremony and reception, it felt like Joe, Gustavo, and Tom were everywhere and nowhere at once. They were never in the way, but they always got amazing, amazing shots. Our friends and family members kept exclaiming about what great photographers we had.
    When we received our pictures we were not disappointed—the pictures were AMAZING. I really can’t say enough. Joe, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for being our photographer!!

Sent on 01/11/2014

Erin · Married on 09/14/2013

I was first interested in JPG Photography because their pictures were just different than any other wedding pictures I've ever seen. They were intriguing and entertaining - but yet romantic. They make you feel as though you are there experiencing the wedding first hand. I had the great pleasure of working with Matt Bender for JPG - and he was great. I always say - let the photographer do what they are good at - and its make your pictures come out they best they can be... and I really think Matt did that. Matt is great at giving direction when needed but lets you just be you and lets your day unfold. We got to work with Matt before the wedding in an engagement shoot; JPG strongly suggests doing this so that you are comfortable working with the photographer the day of you wedding. I think regardless Matt was a great fit, the engagement pictures turned out wonderfully and I am so excited to see how it all turned out. If you want to get the best documentation out of your day - instead of all the "posed" shots - this is the vendor for you. When you are getting married you are getting pulled in a hundred different directions and will most likely miss what is going on elsewhere - with Photojournalism - it is all captured for your to relive! So happy with our choice to have Matt and the JPG team document our wedding.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Katherine · Married on 06/22/2013

There are not enough words to describe the talent, professionalism, and character of JPG Photography. When searching for a photographer, we instantly fell in love with the uniqueness and creativity of their photographs. After our first meeting, we also fell in love with Joe and Rebecca. We were planning a destination wedding and knew we would be spending many days with our photographer. It was important that their personalities fit with ours and our guests and that they would take great photos while letting us enjoy our time with others and take in the moments of our special events. Joe and Rebecca beyond exceeded our expectations. By the end, they felt more like friends and family rather than a vendor we hired for our wedding. They captured our true spirit in their photos and made us feel comfortable being the center of attention. They were down to earth, outgoing, and fun to be around all while focusing on their job of taking the best artistic photos possible of our special day. We knew JPG was a little out of our price range, but looking back, it was well-worth the expense for the pleasurable experience and the finished product. So many of our guests requested their info for future weddings and those already married made comments to us about how they wished they had a photographer like Joe. We would recommend JPG Photography to everyone and will be sure to use them to capture future special events in our lives. Thank you JPG Photography for capturing the essence of our wedding so we can remember this special time for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 07/11/2013

We worked with Joe for our wedding and it was fantastic. We knew of his work and were thrilled to have him and his team be apart of our big day. We just got our pictures back and they turned out great. We would love to work with JPG again soon!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Alexis · Married on 06/07/2013

I cannot describe how thrilled I am with JPG and their photos of our wedding! Matt and Danette were absolutely fantastic and didn't miss a second of the action. They captured so many moments that I didn't get to see in the blur that was the reception, and I LOVED being able to re-live the night in pictures. They have an amazing eye for great shots, and the turnaround time was fantastic! I would definitely recommend them to anyone that is looking for fun, talented, professional photographers with an innate ability to capture the essence of your big day.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Amy · Married on 06/01/2013

My husband and I cannot say enough about the amazing photos that JPG took for our wedding day! We were lucky enough to have Joe and Eric as our main photographers and they truly wowed us! Joe and Eric were so good at getting to know us and making the entire experience comfortable, starting with the engagement shoot. At first my husband and I did not see the value in the engagement session and were going to just skip that part, but we are so glad that Joe encouraged us to go ahead with it. We love the pictures! It was also a great opportunity for Joe and Eric to see who we are and be more prepared for the wedding day, because my family is silly and ridiculous! We love our photos so much and receive so many compliments about them - mostly how much people can see our true personalities through the photos. Most of the time I am making a silly face, because that is who I am, but Joe and Eric also captured the sentimental/more serious moments as well. Thank you both for being so amazing on this very special day in our lives. We could not have asked for a better set of photographers! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 07/17/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2013

Hiring Joe and his crew was hands down the best decision we made during wedding planning. While I knew joe from college, when we started planning for our wedding I immediately started scouring photographer sites. I had initially thought pictures were an area where I could save some money, then I saw an absolutely amazing wedding portrait at a friends home. She told me that the day was awesome but such a blur, the best decision she made was the photographer to capture the memories.

After that, I renewed my search, but didn't have to go far. The amazing pics in my Facebook feed from joe and his team were what I was looking for. The planning couldn't have been easier. The answer was always yes, or yes with a suggestion to make things better. They are truly experts at the whole wedding planning thing.

We did a destination package so they shot some pics at our rehearsal dinner the night before and put the unfinished shots up during the reception. Between the place card pic of my hubby and I and those shots, our entire family was hooked - we knew then the shots we were going to get would be amazing, and they were. The fact that you buy the license to print your own pics seems daunting at first, but it actually saves money in the long run because you can use your copy of the pics to print them how and when you want. And getting them all on a drive after makes it so easy.

The final thing to let everyone know how awesome they are is that Joe and Becca are truly fun to be around all day. While I already knew Joe and so had some comfort level with him being around, my husband didn't know Becca and said she was such fun with the groomsmen. All my family and wedding party had a lot of fun with them and Joe was so good at protecting me and my time. He can (and will!) be the guy who tells everyone, including your mom, to leave you alone and let you have a moment to sip champagne when necessary!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Lisa A. · Married on 04/27/2013

We opted for the associate-premium package (Matt and Grace). No words can properly express how thrilled we are with the end product and, of course, the level of service provided from planning stages to even our wedding day.

They did their homework with taking the time to learn about our preferences to properly tailor the photos. As an awkward couple being in photos, our photographers made each moment captured look absolutely stunning (including us!) from the silly times to the formal times.

They are a pleasure to work with and would recommend them to anyone looking for a different take on capturing the many lovely moments on such an important occasion. THESE GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Sent on 05/11/2013

Jill · Married on 04/13/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about JPG!

First off, when we first met them, I was only back in PA for a brief time that weekend and they worked with us and met with us at 10PM on Friday evening, just so we would have a chance to meet with them! I worked specifically with Adam, Danette, and Ashley and they were all great to work with. Michael and I had such a awesome time during our engagement shoot with them, and helped erase any nerves about shooting during the wedding day. Our wedding day was perfect and I was so glad to have them as my photographers!

I would absolutely recommend them to anyone in need of a wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/03/2013

JPG was an excellent company to work with! 100% satisfied. They were curious and professional every step of the way. Our photographer Matt Bender was a pleasure to work with. Not only are we thrilled with our pictures, even our guests complemented his professionalism!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Sam · Married on 10/20/2012

We were thrilled with JPG every step of the way. Tracie and Matt were fantastic! The really "got" us. From the engagement shots to the big day, they helped us and our family & friends feel at ease. Working with Gracie and Joe after the process has been a pleasure, as well. They're patient with our requests and have offered creative advice when needed. We look forward to using JPG again in the future!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Monica · Married on 10/13/2012

so much fun and amazingly talented...feels like you are hanging with your friends...would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/20/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2012

JPG was AMAZING! We had Ashley and Tracey photograph our wedding in Cape May 2 weeks ago. I really feel like they enhanced our day... we felt like we had old friends photographing us! Also, they really orchestrated pictures well and made it so that we had the maximum amount of time at our cocktail hour and reception. I can not imagine having better photographers for our special day! We are still in love with our engagement photos and CANT WAIT to see our wedding photos!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Hands down incredible... don't second guess it, just book them.

Sent on 10/11/2012

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2012

AMAZING!!!! ORIGINAL!!!! From the moment you meet and talk with them you feel right at home! They make sure to get to know each couples story and they TRULY encapsulate tgat in thier work! If you want your photos to captures the real story ad it unfolds with honesty and purity.. Choose JPG!!! We love them! :)

Sent on 08/15/2012

Kate · Married on 05/12/2012

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Joe on our wedding day. He is a true professional in every sense of the word. It was the first wedding in my family, so needless to say, we didn't know what we were doing! Joe not only photographed us, he offered guidance, wisdom, and support throughout the day. He was such a blessing!

Now, onto the photos themselves! They are SPECTACULAR! If you are looking for some great photojournalism, you can do no better than JPG! He is incredibly talented--just check out his body of work and enjoy!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Aubrey · Married on 03/23/2012

Joe and his team are not just photographers but they are also day planners. The week of the wedding, they spent time with us on the phone to understand the timeline of our wedding day. During that day, they were instrumental in guiding us through the day and making sure we stayed on track and did not miss one minute of our cocktail hour, which was a really important part of the day for us so we could visit with our guests.

We loved JPG Photography so much that we also booked them for a Trash the Dress shoot (which every bride should do). They helped us bring our crazy ideas to life and we now have keepsakes from our wedding that are a real wow factor to guests when they come in to our home.

All of our friends are envious of our photos and STILL talk about how great our photographers were one year after our wedding. We've recommended them to everyone and hope to use Joe and his team again in the future for all major life events we want to have captured.

You cannot go wrong booking this team - they will make your day easier, less stressful, and will ensure that you get the photos you want in the style you want so you can remember each moment forever!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Megan · Married on 01/07/2012

We planned our wedding on a very tight budget, and we paid for it ourselves. We weren't sure which vendors were important to spend money on. But one evening we saw JPG's website (after looking through tons of photographers' websites), and we immediately got lost in the stories they told. That’s when we knew we needed JPG for our wedding. We knew that if we spent the money on a quality photographer, it would last us a lifetime. And, man, were we right! I've already forgotten most of the choices we made about flowers, food, etc.. But the photos are what we keep reliving. In terms of the people at JPG, you can't find a nicer, more hard-working group. From the first moment we spoke to Joe G on the phone, to the moment we laid eyes on our breathtaking photos after the wedding, working with JPG was an absolute delight. These folks are super-organized and so nice. Moreover, they are honest and straightforward--we received exactly what we agreed to in the contract we signed with them (and then some!). Rebecca was our lead photographer, and we could not have imagined a more angelic addition to our wedding team. She and her associate Dave were a dream. I have never seen a more organized operation. They effortlessly moved around, getting all of the shots we wanted, without interrupting the flow of the day. They also lent an air of warmth, fun, and joy that I really noticed and appreciated. You don’t realize when you’re planning a wedding how much you need that vibe from your wedding team, but you do! It’s clear that they truly, genuinely love what they do. JPG's blog (there's a link to it on their website) is the best evidence of this. They take the time to make each wedding special--read the blog and you’ll see what I mean. Now, on to the finished product: I mean, really, you need look no further than their website to understand awesomeness of their product. But I will just say that we were blown away by both the quality and the quantity of our photos. JPG is different because they are photojournalists, meaning that every photo is a work of art, and more importantly, it tells a story. The photos capture emotions, they capture the little moments that are the essence of a wedding (moments that you easily forget in the rush of the wedding day), and they uncannily capture the personalities of you and your loved ones. Instead of posing us in uncomfortable shots with fake smiles, they simply turned us loose to enjoy our wedding and then blended into the woodwork. But every so often, when something great was happening, I thought, "I hope they are getting this," and then out of the corner of my eye I would see Rebecca or Dave, lying on the floor, contorting their bodies in order to get the coolest angle, the one that would photographically tell that story in the perfect way. I doubt you will find many wedding photographers (if any) who would go to such lengths for their clients. Your photos will be unlike any others you’ve ever seen. It’ll be like you’ve received the proofs for an upcoming magazine spread. There isn't a single bad, or ordinary, picture in the nearly 700 photos we received. In summary, photography is not an area of your wedding where you want to cut corners. I am hoping that many people will read my review, which comes straight from my heart, and that you will instantly understand what we understood that night when we first discovered JPG: they are just a wonderful choice, wonderful people, and a wonderful asset for your wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2012