JPG Photo & Video Reviews

150 | Philadelphia, PA

150 Reviews for JPG Photo & Video

Kathleen · Married on 02/13/2017

JPG photography was excellent! Joe is extremely professional, yet by the end of the day felt more like a friend. He has a great eye for shots and thinks outside the box to give you truly one of a kind photos. I would highly recommend Joe and his team!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Dana · Married on 10/05/2016

Stacey is a ROCKSTAR! My entire family cannot say enough good things about her. I will refer her to ANY and EVERYONE looking for a photographer for any milestone. Choosing JPG was the best decision we could have ever made with regards to our wedding. They are worth EVERY cent.

If you are looking for photos that look like they are straight from a magazine, I'd recommend JPG and specifically Stacey. She captured our day EXACTLY as we hoped with punctual, thoughtful VIP treatment. Stacey made us feel completely comfortable and natural - it's not always easy for me to just start kissing on command personally. : ) She is absolutely adorable and has the sweetest, fun personality. She is a true artist and a master of her work.

Did I mention that she traveled with us to ITALY? Yeah!!! When we mentioned we were traveling Tuscany for our wedding to JPG during our consultation for our reception, they offered to come and document the day!!! YES PLEASE. Stacey hopped on a plane with her awesome and talented husband, Chuck, and the rest is history! Beyond being ridiculously talented, Stacey and Chuck are amazing people to be around. They are like part of the family whether they like it or not! Haha.

Thanks Stacey for caring and understanding what was important to us about our wedding and for capturing those special REAL moments on the best day of our lives! We can't wait to hang with you soon and plan some future photo sessions for every special party and milestone we have in our lives!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kristie · Married on 08/20/2016

Joe and his team were beyond amazing! They were so personable making us feel completely comfortable with getting our photos done. We really felt like we could be ourselves. Joe gave us a sneak peak of some of the photos he took the day of our wedding and they are BEAUTIFUL we cannot wait to see the rest! He takes being creative to a whole new level! We consider Joe a life long friend and HIGHLY recommend using his as your photographer!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Lindsay A. · Married on 06/12/2016

We are obsessed with our photos. Seriously. They are beyond stunning and we are thrilled. All we've done since last night is look at the photos. Easily the best decision and money spent of the wedding. The whole JPG team and experience through the whole engagement, boudoir, and wedding photography far exceeded our expectations. Joe, Nicole, Gustavo, Sabrina, and Laura, we wouldn't change a thing and would do it all over again. No way are we done with JPG, and are excitedly planning for the next time we can use this standout team!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/04/2016

We used JPG Photography for two wedding events. Our first event was a city hall wedding. Joe was our Photographer and Ricky assisted him on the coldest days of the winter... They did a great job and got the photos we wanted. We then booked Ricky for our church wedding in June. We are very pleased with the work that JPG does. Great Photography is something to budget for and there services were worth every penny. The photos are vibrant and have life to them.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Martha · Married on 05/29/2016

JPG IS THE WAY TO GO! We could not have been happier with our photos. First, our engagement photos were the best we've ever seen (very unbiased!) We rented bikes and biked around the city and Joe was so creative with the pictures, but also made it really fun for us. We were smiling the whole day. He also took some great natural/candid pictures that were our favorites. Now to the wedding day. We were laughing and having fun with Joe the whole day. We got married on a hot May day, but Joe was so positive and fun the whole time - he took all of the pictures we asked him to take and then incorporated a lot of his own ideas, and the day flew by. He managed our large wedding party really well so we were never stressed. At the ceremony and reception he got great pictures but was never in the way or intrusive. The pictures themselves were perfect. They captured the fun of the wedding really well, were very natural, and brought out everyone's most beautiful sides. THANKS JOE!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Maureen · Married on 05/14/2016

Joe G and Ricky shot our Union Trust wedding in Old City, Philadelphia. I don't even know where to begin. We were set on having a photojournalist for our engagement and wedding photos. The instant we saw JPG's photos, we knew they were it. Hiring them was the absolute best decision we made in planning our May wedding.

We talked to Joe G more than any other wedding vendor throughout the process. Joe has this ability to make you feel comfortable about everything. He's so relaxed, easy-going, and incredibly thoughtful. As the bride, I can honestly say that my entire day wouldn't have been the same without Joe G there.

JPG has completely surpassed our expectations for a wedding photographer.
    We highly recommend them for any occasion and can guarantee they will impress.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Joe, the owner of JPG, was my initial contact person and was very prompt to respond to emails even though he was on location. I walked into our very short-notice-scheduled elopement with the utmost confidence that his team would be awesome and they were!

Stacey and Gustavo (GREAT team!) from JPG captured our day. They were very professional, on time, creative, made us feel completely comfortable, and truly captured the feeling of the day.

My only complaints is a minor one: we thought the pictures would have more editing done in the final pics that were added to our library but it does not appear that is the case. Overall the pics are amazing though and everyone that has seen them loves them.

The overall exeperience with JPG was an amazing one.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Kata · Married on 12/03/2015

Amazing experience!

Joe G and Ricky shot our city hall wedding and brief photo shoot afterwards. They were personable and lots of fun to work with. JPG Photography turned around the pictures incredibly fast (less than 2 weeks), and the quality of their work is simply superb. Joe was able to capture the range of emotions that we were going through during the event and he created beautiful, artful, and unique images that I know we will continue to revisit in many years to come.

I wholeheartedly recommend booking JPG Photography and Joe G for your special day!

Sent on 12/20/2015
  • User6201816 · 2+ years ago

We relive our wedding day each and every time we look at the photos. Each photo captured a special moment in our day. From start to finish. The story each photo tells is really mind blowing. Each one captures the love, the excitement, the joy, nerves, emotions and brings back the butterflies, tears and incredible memories that we will cherish for a lifetime to come. JPG was everything we wanted and more in a photography company. Their vision when beyond ours. We were carefully paired with the two most perfect photographers any one could ask for. (shout out to DC/SM.. whoot woo) They followed us on our journey starting with a sunrise beach engagement session to a boardwalk walk-up pizza window to a family that just keeps on dancing. We are so grateful to JPG and the story they will help us tell for a lifetime to come.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/24/2015

I will openly and honestly admit that I remember absolutely nothing from my wedding. The day goes by SO FAST, you're bound to forget some stuff. And this is why I am SOOO happy I chose JPG Photography. They captured everything. All the small details, the little conversations, the dancing and fun. I pretty much cried at my desk because of how happy I was when we got our wedding photos (which was only maybe 5-6 weeks after the wedding). The whole team is beyond a doubt some of the best people you can ever meet. Joe and Rebecca's hearts are filled with love. They love capturing the beautiful parts of the day and the best....HAVING FUN WHILE DOING IT. I'm not sure I could've gotten through my wedding day without having Joe, Rebecca, and JPG Photography there. You'll be hugging them all night and asking them to go to dinner by the end of it. Do yourself a BIG favor and just hire them on the spot. You won't regret it.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Mary A. · Married on 09/05/2015

The best!! Joe & Megan are like family now! I rave about them so much and I have written reviews before today _ i hope this isn't a duplicate. I am the mother of the bride - the wedding was 9/5/2015 i Philly and Joe was there from the hotel and the getting ready to St. Augustine's GORGEOUS CHURCH - to pictures around the city to Cescaphe Ballroom.

He works hard - he finds the most different - shots and he just truly records this once in a lifetime moment like no one else.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Shannon · Married on 08/30/2015

I was lucky enough to attend a family wedding that used JPG Photography. Their images were AMAZING and the details that were captured made you relive every moment! I knew immediately who I was calling when I got engaged. The time that goes into preparing each detail for your day is so special and important to making the event your own. Then the day comes and it flies by so fast. Even if you try to be mindful of each feeling and absorb as much as you can, it’s impossible to remember it all. But having JPG Photography document your event means you can relive each kiss, each guest, each song…it is that moment in time that you can have forever. Looking at the photos gives you all of those feelings back. It also gives you the chance to see the wedding from the eyes of each guest. There is nothing more precious than that. Thank you JPG for your professionalism, knowledge and talent. You made us feel like part of your family and we cannot thank you enough for the memories you have captured.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Staci · Married on 06/07/2015

If you want unique and awesome, JPG Photography is the way to go! When we were searching for our wedding photographer, we didn’t want anything ordinary. We searched unique wedding photography and up popped a picture of a bride and groom running down Broad Street during the naked bike race. We were sold! I thought to myself anyone who has an eye for something so crazy and out of the ordinary is totally for us!! The last thing we wanted was boring engagement & wedding photos! Luckily for us this is the last thing that JPG wants too. From moment we met with Joe, we were very comfortable and confident in JPG's work. We wanted our photographs to actually tell the story of our wedding not just preserve a moment. We couldn't be happier with the results. Joe was our photographer and he was truly amazing! He was pretty much one of my best friends that day and helped keep me, well us, calm and collected all while taking amazing pictures. We didn’t even see any of the JPG staff at my ceremony or my reception. Which was great because they were there getting the best shots of every moment without being intrusive. We can’t begin to thank Joe and the JPG staff enough for everything thing!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Alexa · Married on 05/23/2015

From the moment I learned about JPG Photography, I knew I wanted them to be the ones to capture my wedding day (and I didnt even meet my husband yet!). Joe and the entire JPG team are among the best in the nation. They know exactly what they are doing, and they make the wedding planning process that much more enjoyable. Sit back, relax, and just be yourself...it's that easy...JPG Photography will be sure to capture every moment you want without even telling them!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Carley · Married on 05/22/2015

I am so happy we got to work with this amazing team for our wedding day! We could not have asked for someone more patient, talented, knowledgeable, and creative to help us with this. My husband and I are not "picture" people and they were amazing working with us as well as our children. You cant go wrong with this tram of people!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/16/2015

From the moment JPG Photography owners Joe and Rebecca arrived at our weekend-long, summer camp, wedding festival, they felt like old friends. After having driven through the night to make it our event, many hours away from the wedding they shot the night before, JPG arrived just as excited as our guests, sharing in the awe and magic of it all as the day unfolded.

It was a LONG, fast-paced day. And even though my husband and I missed out on a lot of the guest activities as we were getting ready for our big moment, JPG captured it all. Not an hour went by when they weren't popping in to show us INCREDIBLE shots of laughing families, our North Vs South water balloon fight...just everything.

Later in the day when I was sequestered with my bridesmaids for hair and makeup, Joe kept grabbing snacks and drinks for team bride, gave me lots of bear hugs, and even a shoulder to cry when I was completely overwhelmed with emotion. At the same time, Rebecca was simultaneously shooting and jogging after a pick up truck bed full of groomsmen being driven down the winding, dirt road that led to the ceremony sight.

After the ceremony, they only had a small window to capture the traditional wedding photos that most people think of when hiring a photographer. They whisked my husband and I away in their own car to the middle of rolling field surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. The shots still take my breath away. During the reception, they had just as much fun as any of guests, but with their cameras in tow, perfectly capturing how each moment felt, the real personalities of our guests and the emotion of it all.

We needed pros like JPG for more than just their artistry. They literally coached us when my husband I were completely clueless: cutting the cake, bouquet toss, not smearing your makeup when you're crying at the alter, etc.

In the end, JPG Photography did more than shoot our wedding day. They became a cherished part of it that we'll surely never forget.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Caitlin · Married on 05/15/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about JPG Photography. Joe and his team are truly the best! The beautiful photos on their website are what initially intrigued us to JPG.

Joe and Nicole made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and we were truly blown away with how amazing the pictures turned out. We received many compliments on the photos and JPG. We were even more excited we chose Joe and his team to be part of our wedding day after our experience during our engagement shoot.

A wedding day can be quite stressful, but Joe was very attentive to us and made sure we were relaxed and enjoying the moment. Joe is so creative and goes above and beyond to capture the perfect shot. We are lucky to have had him capture our day and provide us with photos that will serve as memories for a lifetime.

From the sneak peek photos and highlight video we've seen, we know the final photos and video will be one in a million. The preview highlight video Laura posted captured the essence we were hoping for in our video. We are so excited to see the full video. Laura rocks!

We are so happy we chose Joe and the JPG team to be part of our special day. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a highly talented, artistic, professional, and fun photography group. We now have a photographer for life with Joe!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Courtney · Married on 12/27/2014

JPG is the best wedding photographers ever! Not only do they capture the most perfect moments without ruining your moment, they are extremely nice and fun to be around. Joe and Dave recently captured my wedding and I could not be happier. Working with them is like working with your best friends. Their creative eye is amazing. They captured the day perfectly. By far, the best vendor I picked!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Colleen · Married on 12/27/2014

Where to even begin!? I booked JPG for my December 2014 wedding, and my husband and I were so thrilled with them from start to finish. Joe was a wonderful resource to us as we selected a package that was appropriate for us, and he was so upfront and open regarding JPG's wedding packages and pricing. As a budget conscious bride, this was incredibly helpful and much appreciated! In addition to Joe's assistance, the rest of the behind-the-scenes staff were also extremely helpful and provided excellent communication with us in the year leading up to our wedding. You can tell that JPG has a fabulous team overall, at all levels, and they truly think of everything!

Our package did include an engagement session, and we felt that this was a wonderful opportunity to meet our photographer Matt. We were excited all along to work with JPG, and this session just further validated our reasons for booking them- the pictures were outstanding! Even though I knew JPG was capable of incredible work, I don't think anything truly prepared me for just how amazing our photographer, Matt, and his second shooter, Nick, would be. Their talent and attention to detail was so evident throughout our entire wedding day. They handled our rather large and rambunctious group so well and they made sure to account for all of our requested group shots, as well as shots of all the important details and moments of the day. Although we received many wonderful, "staged" shots/formal photos (which is a given at any wedding, and we absolutely loved ours!), JPG's true talent lies in capturing the real, candid moments of the day, the photos that instantly take you back to all of the wonderful people and memories that will make up your wedding. They didn't miss a thing!

Overall, I would recommend JPG to anyone. The services that they provide are worth every penny, and we would book them again without hesitation. They truly were a pleasure to work with, and we couldn't have been happier with our experience.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Kristie · Married on 11/22/2014

Poor Joe had his work cut out for him with us for clients. I rarely like pictures of myself and Ed absolutely hates his picture taken. But Joe and Nick were so wonderful---absolute professionals and just all-around great guys. Totally put us at ease. I'm happy to report--we just got our pictures and they are AH-MAZING!!! Thank you JPG Photography for our beautiful wedding photos!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Emily · Married on 10/04/2014

Photography was the most important part of the wedding for my husband who is a photographer himself. He was blown away by the JPG's services! These photographers take time to get to know who you are as a couple in order to best capture your day and represent who you are. Most of the day you don't even know they're there! We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Cara · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I each had a non-negotiable for the wedding. Choosing the right photographer, and letting me do the analysis, etc. was my non-negotiable. We are both SO VERY GLAD that we chose JPG Photography! From our time during our engagement shoot and the gorgeous and fun pictures we received to the INCREDIBLE time we had at our wedding with Joe, Tom, and Laura - everything was more than I had expected. On the day of the wedding, Joe and his team arrived early and put this stressed out bride at total ease - making me laugh, reminding me to drink water (with thanks to the straw and other gifts they gave me!), and have a great time!
    Joe was also on-hand to help fluff my dress to get me some air on our 80 degree day in late September :-) At the reception, the team set up a laptop showing us a sneak peek of some of the GORGEOUS photos from the day!
    When we received our video montage (that Laura made) I was at work and nearly leaped out of my seat out of pure joy. It perfectly captures the feelings and amazement of the day! Additionally, the photos we have are amazing - the colors, light, shading - all STUNNING!
    I am SO SO SO GLAD we made the decision to use JPG for our wedding and engagement photos, and I am SURE that we will use them in the future for whatever life brings us :-) This team has become a part of our family and we are so glad to have had them be a part of our very special day.
    Thank you ALL at JPG (an additional shout out to Ashlee for putting up with my calls and emails, to Stacey for doing an amazing job on the editing of our photos, and to Gus for being the second shooter for our engagement photos!).

Sent on 01/02/2015

Danielle · Married on 08/30/2014

I am so glad I chose JPG to be my wedding photographer and videographer! Joe and his team were very friendly and easy to work with. They helped me deal with my venue's strange photography/videography rules and were essential in having the day go off without a hitch. Joe, Tom and Laura helped me and my bridal party feel relaxed and take the best photos we could. The pictures turned out great and I am obssessed with my wedding video!

Sent on 12/11/2014

The best!!! Amazing work always professional very fairly priced

Sent on 10/28/2015