JPC Event Group Reviews

1 User photo

• Quinn

Quinn Brooks · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Pittsburgh's Best!

The JPC Event Group is something else! We may be biased, but the food is the best “wedding food” we have ever had – and it doesn’t even seem like your typical wedding food. The chefs are able to create 5 star dishes for crowds – and that is something not many can do! Their offerings are unique, fresh, and delicious. I also have a very severe gluten allergy & they were able to accommodate the menu and made me feel at ease throughout the entire dinner service. The actual day of catering was amazing, but the service that comes along with working with JPC also sets them apart. We worked with Caitlyn throughout our wedding planning process – she was always available to answer our questions and talk through things with us. She offered her opinion & creative solutions to roadblocks we were running into. She also helped calm our nerves and stresses as we were planning and having our wedding during COVID. She communicated every safety measure with us and was on top of all of the state and county restrictions that were being put into place. 10/10 couldn’t recommend more!

Sent on 09/25/2020

Kimberly Duva · Married on 10/24/2020

More than just a caterer!

JCP was the caterer that was required by our venue but I am so happy they were! Dana is the sweetest and an amazing person for dealing with my million questions throughout the pandemic and planning process. The wedding day staff was amazing and the food was delicious – we received compliments for days! JCP offers so much more than just food and provided so many services that made our planning much less stressful – cookie table setup, bar tenders, linens, chairs, all silverware and dishes, cake cutting, and so much more. They did everything necessary to make our wedding happen while still keeping everyone safe. I would pick them ten times over if I had the choice!

Sent on 11/13/2020

Stacey · Married on 06/08/2019

Everything was great

Everything was absolutely wonderful! We did a sit down dinner with filet, salmon and vegetarian options. Brussel sprouts are out of this world and the London broil crostini appetizers were my favorite - I would of been happy with a plate of those all night! The bartenders made sure my husband and I were taken care of without question ... bringing us drinks out into a field during our photo session without us even asking!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Annika · Married on 11/10/2018

The food was AMAZING!

JPC Event Group has a large menu and are extremely flexible when creating and customizing the menu and order of events for your wedding/event.
    For our wedding we went with family style service and a BBQ menu.
    BBQ brisket: so tender and delicious
    BBQ chicken: moist and tangy sauce
    Sweet Potato Streusel Casserole: tastes just like Thanksgiving at home!
    Macaroni n' Cheese: INCREDIBLE. creamy and cheesy and delish
    Farmers Rice Salad w Veggies and Cilantro Pesto: MY FAVORITE! had beets, brusselsprouts and goat cheese. It was so tasty!
    Haricots Vert Walnut Salad: Very good! Great alternative to plain green beans,

The service was great. Wait staff was dressed nicely and they got the food out to the tables in a efficient and timely fashion. I worked with Patrick Luff and I can not say enough nice things about him. He was very polite and patient and any time I messed something up or threw him a curve ball, he calmly and quickly solved whatever it was. The linens looked beautiful as well! Patrick took great care of the groom and I and all the catering went so smoothly. Guest are still talking about how incredible the food was at our wedding which was exactly what we wanted.... people to have amazing food that wasn't the typical bland wedding food. JPC surpassed our expectations for the food and the service.
    You will not regret going with JPC for your event!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Bridget · Married on 10/20/2018

Great food and great service

We just had our wedding at Stonebridge Farm where JPC Event Group were our caterers and staff. We worked with Patrick who was very helpful and made sure all the details were just right. The food was amazing, the guests couldn't stop raving about it! The service was impeccable, and the waitstaff and bar staff were top notch. Very professional and would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 08/01/2018

Amazing, Professional, Delicious Food, 5 Stars!

Our special day was amazing! JPC Event Group did an amazing job! We had it at one of their locations... Riverfront Weddings, it was absolutely beautiful! They were responsive, helpful, professional, and made the experience of planning a wedding enjoyable.
    My husband and I received so many compliments about the venue, the ceremony spot, THE FOOD, the servers, bartenders, everything!
    I honestly can't say enough good things about JPC Event Group! I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Hope · Married on 06/01/2018

JPC was absolutely wonderful! My husband and I got married at Rustic Acres Farm where JPC was our catering and event planning group. We were paired with Caitlyn who was so so sweet and amazing to work with (we actually requested her after meeting her for the first time :)). The food was INCREDIBLE! So many of our guests complimented the execution and food on our wedding day, both were thanks to JPC Event Group. We cannot say enough good things about them! The Wimer family is an all-star team of talent, kindness and professionalism. We would highly recommend JPC to anyone looking for delicious food and a flawless execution! Thank you guys SO MUCH for all that you've done for us!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/06/2015

The food selections were our favorite part of our wedding-and as it turns out, our guests' too! Jen was amazing and so personable! We were so lucky to have her! We chose stations for our wedding and it was a hit-and completed our theme.
    We also loved the local and sustainable aspect of the whole company:)
    AWESOME ALL AROUND!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Lauralynn · Married on 10/18/2014

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to work with everyone on the JPC Event Group team! From our very first meeting we knew that we were in good hands! When we met our "day of" coordinator Liz, she was just amazing! She was so friendly, professional, attentive, and detail-orientated. She really made everything go so smoothly. We could not have picked a better catering company! The food was so delicious (Thank you so much, Chef Rohn) and we received so many compliments on it! The JPC Event Group staff really helped to make our special day even more special. They went above and beyond! We highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Lindsey · Married on 10/11/2014

I would absolutely recommend JPC Event Group to a friend. I had feedback such as "the best wedding food I've ever had." My husband and I enjoyed the packed up left overs for days after the wedding. Jen, our event coordinator was one of the most flexible vendors I worked with during the entire wedding planning process. Her quick e-mail responses and attentiveness to detail was so refreshing. I hope to attend another wedding in the future that JPC is catering so I can enjoy their delicious food again.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/31/2014

I got married at Rustic Acres Farm. They did an amazing job from the venue to the food to the service. Very Happy with them!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Kendra · Married on 03/22/2014

There are not enough words to express how amazing our food and event planning services through JPC were. We came into our first meeting with a rough idea of what we might want and how we thought we wanted things to be. Jen and the rest of the JPC staff were able to take what I had in my mind and make it reality. When we first saw our venue the night of our wedding, I cried, because everything was perfection. I can't thank JPC enough for making my wedding amazing.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Christa & Christopher · Married on 10/12/2013

We did food stations and these peoples put on an impressive show. The food was fabulous, delicious! Jen waited on us hand and foot. We were truly king & queen for the day. They decorated for us too and sans one electrical snafu, they did a great job! I wish we could have more parties catered by JPC Events and Jen. Jen did everything we needed and more. Thanks for wonderful memories.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Elean · Married on 08/02/2013

The only thing this vendor should do is to keep on giving the exceptional service that we received. They couldn't have done anything more to make our wedding day any better.

Sent on 08/19/2013

becca · Married on 07/27/2013

We planned from DC and only met with Rick once during the year of our wedding planning so I can truly say that he was "responsive" and we went into our reception with no worries. Our food was so delicious and the flowers were gorgeous and lasted so long after the wedding also. They helped us hire entertainment and an officiAnt also that we enjoyed. The ballroom space that he recommended was so beautiful and new looking as it had been renovated recently. Many items came included with the space so that helped us save on rentals. An all around good experience with great memories and I would recommend them and the ballroom.

Sent on 08/07/2013

They took our wedding to a whole different level of holy freaking awesome! From the very beginning, they were enthusiastic, respectful, & thoughtful in our meetings, and we had a great time getting to know them while we planned. They were happy to answer our questions and give great advice, and mediated between my groomzilla and I for our classy need reception.

The results at our wedding were just amazing from the flowers to the cake to the food and we are still getting compliments on them (especially about how delicious everything was)!

We thank them so much for everything they did for us. Finding their company was the best thing that could have happened for our party, and we wish their business the best!

Sent on 07/20/2013

Brittany · Married on 06/15/2013

My cousin used JPC for her wedding in 2011 and recommended them to us for our wedding at Pittsburgh Opera. We are so glad she did. Our wedding was simple, but good food was important to us. We started working with Allyson and she was replaced with Alyssa. We LOVED working with Alyssa. She had great ideas to help us add to our theme of music (I am a music teacher) and she made sure everything was smooth. Our friends and family ate and ate at our wedding and couldn't stop saying how good everything was. That is the sign of a great time! We are thankful for the best day ever.

Sent on 07/19/2013

They made our wedding so amazing! Everyone RAVED about the food, and Jen was an angel from heaven and made sure that everything was so perfect. Steve and I appreciate it so much. We would highly recommend JPC to anyone expecting professional, responsive full-service.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2012

VENUE: New Hazlett Theater (Pittsburgh, PA) / JPC SERVICES NEEDED: Catering, Rentals, Day-of Coordination. Hiring JPC Event Group was the best decision we could have ever made. They are a one-stop-shop for everything from catering to rentals to event planning and design, and I felt very at ease from our very first call with Rick. He answered all of my questions and explained their overall process and pricing structure, which is much more economical than a lot of other city caterers. I knew right away that they were perfect. On the day of the wedding, the level of service and professionalism JPC provided was above and beyond anything we could have expected. Rick and his team are so efficient, so polite, and so organized. The only thing I worried about was getting myself to the theater on time! They were at the venue bright and early, and every detail I had communicated in the weeks prior was perfectly executed. And the food? For cocktail hour, the mac&cheese cupcakes and shrimp-cocktail shooters were a huge hit! Not only were they delicious, but they were also beautifully plated and presented by JPC's friendly staff. The staff even came outside to cater to guests as they were waiting to have their picture taken -- very appreciated. For dinner, we wanted to have a traditional, family-style Thanksgiving dinner, and JPC gave us a Thanksgiving feast worthy of any grandmother's table. Everyone I've talked to has just RAVED about the food, which was so flavorful (it impressed our foodie bridesmaid, our chef groomsman, and my super-picky aunt!) and served right on time and still piping hot. I've never ever seen so many clean plates at a wedding! JPC is a class act. They did an OUTSTANDING job and are an INCREDIBLE team. A million thanks to Rick and everyone there for helping to give us the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Terri · Married on 09/22/2012

I am so thrilled that we hired JPC Event Group to cater our wedding reception at the Buhl Park Casino in Sharon, Pennsylvania. Additionally, their sister company, Garnish, provided gorgeous yellow monochromatic floral arrangements for the wedding party, our parents, and the centerpieces at our reception. Upon arrival to our reception, I was so relieved to notice that every little detail I had requested during the planning process had been executed perfectly...from the vintage milk glass hobnail vases used in our floral centerpieces to the delicious buttercream cake to the chairs, the linens, the place settings, and the way they had arranged our seating.
    Paisley was our contact person as we neared the big day, and she responded immediately to all of my email requests and concerns. She went out of her way to make sure everything we desired was in place and also made several excellent suggestions along the way; I felt completely confident in her because she really knows what she's doing and truly cares about the satisfaction of her clients. This is crucial.
    As for the reception itself, the food was amazing and the portions, generous! Our wedding guests went on and on and ON about the food. I had countless people tell me it was THE BEST food they have ever tasted at a wedding, and my father and the DJ both informed Chef Rohn personally. All of the people working the event were so courteous, friendly and helpful, and Celeste, the main event person, stopped by our table several times to make sure everything was okay, which was very thoughtful.
    To sum it up, JPC is a class act. They genuinely care about the satifaction of their clients and the people working for them are true professionals. I am so thrilled that we hired them for our reception and feel they made our wedding day an extraordinary event for all.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Katherine · Married on 09/08/2012

The food they prepared was DELICIOUS! People are still talking about the food we had. We chose stations and couldn't have been happier. The mini milkshakes we had at the end of the night were delicious. The cake was beautiful and very very tasty! I was a very full bride by the time I tried everything. They are a great company and I would hire them for any events I had. The linens and chairs wer chose were gorgeous as well and set up perfectly.

Sent on 09/25/2012

The food was amazing! They also did the wedding cake and everyone loved it!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Garnice · Married on 05/12/2012

They were the best event planners for our daughter's wedding on May 12, 2012. The wedding was a great success and our guests really enjoyed the whole day. It was a pleasure working with all of them. The food was fresh, tasty and delicious. The bridal bouquets were gorgeous with the perfect yellow garden roses my daughter wanted. The cake looked exactly like the bride thought it should and was exceptional, and the cookie display was enjoyed by everyone. Just a job well done all around. We were so pleased.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Mandi · Married on 11/11/2011

JPC Event Group were rockstars in our book! They gave us so many unique ideas that we used to make our wedding different. Everyone always says they want a different or unique wedding but it ends up being the same as everyone else. Ours really wasn't and people still talk about it months later. We had food stations with cooking live and the food was great. They also did our flowers, linens and made our wedding cake. Allyson was our event planner from their staff and she always returned our phone calls and wrote back to our emails. Jody, the owner, came to our location and offered alot of suggestions that we loved. They all worked really hard to make our day great.

Sent on 01/31/2012

Blake · Married on 09/17/2011

A fabulous experience all around. My flowers were gorgeous, the decor was just what I had envisioned and more, the food got rave reviews and the cake was perfect and delicious. I could not have asked for more. They accommodated us in every way and helped us have the best day ever!

Sent on 11/03/2011