80 Reviews for Joyful Weddings & Events

Customized Vows (2)
Civil Union (1)
Rehearsal (1)
79 Joyful Weddings & Events Reviews

Richard was very accommodating and flexible. We live out of state, and Richard's guidance through the process ensured our wedding was exactly as we hoped for. He provided an intimate and personal marriage ceremony that was exactly to our taste.

Profile Picture George, 1/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Having Richard Cadieux as our officiant was a blessing! He was so knowledgable and extremely helpful in guiding us to the day leading up to our wedding ceremony on Nov. 11, 2017. His passion, love and sense of humor set the perfect tone. It was a true pleasure working with him and we highly recommend him. Thank You again Richard! Anthony and Amanda.

Profile Picture Anthony , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

He was great and we'd use him again!

Profile Picture david, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Very helpful! Everything from referring other vendors to pinning on the groom's boutineer! On top of a quality, personalized service! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Denise, 8/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If you're looking for an officiant, look no further, Richard is the one! Richard was an absolute pleasure to work with! From our first phone call, we knew he was the perfect officiant for our wedding. He was easy-going, got to know us, and was always organized and on top of things. After our ceremony, several guests asked us how we knew Richard, because he knew us and fit us well! Our ceremony was a combination of humorous (jokes at my expense - that I approved), sincere, and so special. Richard even included special father/daughter vows, and it made our day that much more special. THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

Richard really is a fantastic officiant and we are so happy and delighted that he married us. He is exceptionally funny, kind, patient, genuine and amazing at his job. All of our guests commented on how great he was and how much they enjoyed our ceremony. We can't thank you enough Richard!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard was great! With about a month until our wedding our officiant backed out. Richard was glad to step in and able to do the rehearsal the day prior as well. He is very prepared and clearly knows what he is doing. He makes great effort to get to know you and cater the ceremony to the couple. He has great tips as well!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard was extremely accommodating, flexible, easy to get a hold of and all around awesome. He definitely played a key role in making our day awesome. Would recommend him to others in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Paul, 11/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If you're seeking a warm, meaningful, loving tone for your wedding ceremony, then Joyful Weddings is perfect for you. Richard's professionalism, kindness, experience, sense of humor, and ability to work with us to create the right words for our ceremony made our event very, very special. We highly recommend Richard and Joyful Weddings.

Profile Picture Kelley, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

So thankful to have come across Joyful Wedding and Events website. Thanks to their services I had the wedding I wanted, small, beautiful, and very intimate. The fees are reasonable and the staff is flexible and caring. I would recommend Joyful Wedding and Events to anyone wanting to elope in Palm Springs. Beautiful experience.

Profile Picture Yaneth, 10/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

You know your officiant/wedding planner is amazing when guests pull you aside to tell you how your officiant is so obviously invested in your happiness. Richard cares! Everyone who met with him during this planning process mentioned how we were in good hands. Not just previous customers/vendors but our families as well. Palm Springs is one of the most expensive places to get married and thankfully Richard used his connections to find the most amazing and affordable venue - Mission Palm Springs. He even helped us get on local news to complain when Vacation Palm Springs canceled our wedding home without notice in favor of re-listing at a higher price. Richard is very calm and centered. If you are slightly uptight (as I will admit I am) sit back and relax, because he has everything taken care of. At the height of planning chaos he helped calm me and force us to enjoy the planning process. Richard has different price points so be very clear with him what you'd like. Don't expect place cards, seating arrangements, etc. at the lower price point. Be clear and open with him about budgets and responsibilities and remember that you are ALWAYS saving money with Richard. He is an amazing planner with a fantastic reputation. However it was his thoughtful, poignant, and effortlessly written ceremony that captured our hearts. From the first meeting he assured us he cared and when we parted ways at the ceremony we were left with warm hearts and lifelong memories thanks to this amazing man!

Profile Picture Christopher, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Overall, we had a great experience with Richard. He is delightful and very personable to work with. We are based in LA, and having someone who knows so much about the Palm Springs area and his connection to various vendors locally is very beneficial. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jan, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard was amazing! I was nervous about planning a wedding in Palm Springs being that I was from Canada. Richard helped me with everything and took any amount of stress I was feeling out of the equation. Helped me pick hair and makeup services, photographer, location etc. I have travelled many places in the world and met many people. Richard is a true gem. Highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning

Richard is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. From the first day that we met him, my wife was set on him being our officiant. He is a great listener and makes everything very comfortable. He was able to make a beautiful personalized ceremony that captured all of our guests' attention. We are so glad that we made the choice to have Richard as our officiant and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Robert, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

As Australians we do not take life too seriously! Richard emulated the mood we were after perfectly- and the guests loved him. His calming delivery and humorous ceremony was just perfect.

Profile Picture Tameeka, 6/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard was amazing from day one! I found him online while my husband and I were exploring Palm Springs for our wedding. From our initial phone call to our actually wedding Richard was there every step of the way. He helped me decide on the type of wedding to have, where to stay during our visit, the wedding location, flowers, photographer, videographer, everything! He was quick to respond to emails and always willing to help. It was comforting to have someone with so much wedding knowledge on my side!
My husband and I were from Chicago, so all of our interactions with Richard were through phone or email, but the day that we met Richard for our ceremony it was like I knew him for years. He brought such a wonderful energy: so kind, funny, easy going and passionate! Can't go wrong with Richard!

Profile Picture Deanna, 5/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We love Palm Springs so much we purchased a condo there last year. It was decided that it would be the perfect place to begin the next chapter in our lives which came together 19 years ago. We said yes to our respective proposals on Sunday 3/20/ 2016. Following a quick web search, our first call was to Richard. We will forever feel like we won the lottery by making that decision. We described that we wished to be married on our balcony overlooking the mountains. His ability to take our suggestions, combine them with his own and provide EXPERT advise on how and where to begin obtaining the license on line helped to make the planning nearly effortless. He was the best wedding gift we could ever receive. We were surprised that Richard remembered the names of our friends Robert and Keith who would be staying with us while we were in Palm Springs and incorporated there names in our ceremony along with comments about the beautiful balcony setting between the mountains and the desert. It was obviously not a canned ceremony. Add to all of that Richard had no resistance to performing our ceremony on Easter morning following the sunrise service he performed on the mountain top. It was absolutely perfect. Most of the arrangements were made during the first phone call which took less than 1/2 hour. We look forward to seeing Richard when we visit Palm Springs in the future. There are not enough good comments we could ever make to describe how pleased we feel to have chosen Richard to help us plan the most important day in the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture James Turilli, 3/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed

Richard was a pleasure to work with. Right from the first meeting he demonstrated a unique ability to understand what we were looking for and made it fun in the process. He spent time to understand all the facets that we wanted in our ceremony and seamlessly incorporated every element into the final product. We highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Kate, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

Richard was awesome!!! We wanted a simple but non-traditional ceremony and that is exactly what we got. The entire ceremony and event was magical. Highly recommend richard to anyone that is considering him.

Profile Picture Mark, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard was fantastic in guiding us through the entire license and wedding process including offering ceremony site options. Reverend Nan comprised the sweetest ceremonial exchange of vows that was unique to our relationship. She kept in constant touch with us updating us along the way as our wedding date came closer. She was invaluable in giving us information from the weather to site seeing, shopping and dining. Ashley, the photographer was so sweet and did a great job guiding us through the resort property to get wonderful photo opportunities. We cherish the experience the Joyful Weddings team provided.

Profile Picture Deb, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Civil Union

This review is unforgivably overdue! Richard helped my now-husband and me plan our wedding in February 2016, and he did an amazing job as a planner and as our officiant. We were extremely pleased with how everything came together. He took the time to show me five different possible locations, and he spent hours with us planning everything from the menu to the table setting to the music. He seems to know everyone in Palm Springs from restauranteurs to hoteliers to caterers. I was especially pleased with how he structured the ceremony to take our families' backgrounds and interests in mind. Can't recommend him enough!

Profile Picture Kenneth, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I are Australian and recently got married in Yucca Valley, California. I found Richard online and was compelled to contact Joyful Weddings after reading that Richard is not only an experienced officiant, but would also help us to ensure all paperwork and formalities were completed correctly and efficiently. From the very first email inquiry to the actual wedding day, Richard was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Our special day was made even more wonderful thanks to Richard being there. Thank you Richard!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Aleesha, 1/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

We had to cancel our 25th anniversary vow renewal due to unforseen circumstances and Richard was considerate and understanding saying that we could have it at another time. His understanding and assistance was wonderful. Prior to our cancelling, Richard collaborated with me in the writing of the vows and format of the ceremony. He welcomed my input, cover design for the vows and ideas for the brief sermon. I know that when we do renew our vows at a later date his presence will be heartfelt.

Profile Picture User6021902, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard is truly at the top of his game and has many resources in the Desert Valley, which makes planning and organizing a breeze. It was such a relief and joy to have so many difference options in terms of venues and outside contractors to work with. Richard made it truly memorable and amazing...!

Profile Picture User5618847, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I are from Canada and planned a destination wedding just outside of Palm Springs without knowing a single vendor in the area! We are so grateful that we found Richard as he delivered the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony.
Richard made sure to explain everything we needed to know beforehand and took care of all the little details so that our day went smoothly. He took time with me before the ceremony to help calm my nerves, which I am so thankful for.
Thank you Richard!