Joyful Unions Reviews

162 | Phoenix, AZ

162 Reviews for Joyful Unions

Jess · Married on 09/25/2015

Liz was absolutely wonderful!! When we met Liz for the first time, my husband and I knew she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. She listened to our story, did her own research and wrote beautiful wedding vows that really captured our relationship. I couldnt have been more pleased with our special day. Thank you so much Liz for everything!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 10/17/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you, Jess! I so enjoyed your story and your cozy backyard wedding. I wish you and Mike the happiest of marriages. My best to your kids, too, and know that I'll always think of you whenever I catch the Colts play!

Anita · Married on 09/19/2015

I felt Liz was the right choice to officiate our wedding from our first phone call. But when my fiancé and I met her in person to discuss our ceremony, we both walked out on a cloud...her warmth, demeanor, energy and attitude had us enraptured.

We wanted a non-denominational ceremony, but with some religious and spiritual elements peppered in. Liz incorporated our wishes effortlessly, and without judgment or question. Liz told our love story as part of the ceremony, and we received so many compliments on her doing so. Many guests didn't know how we met, or what our courtship was like, or what works and keeps us together, and it was a super way to engage the guests, and really involve them in our tale,

During the pre-planning, Liz was very responsive, and easy to reach. She made the whole process entirely easy and pleasurable.

Best of all, she sent us a typed hardcopy of the ceremony script, which is an incredible keepsake. We both read it and sighed. :) It was so beautifully written, and will not only be shared with our parents, but will become part of our wedding scrapbook.

If you want someone who can really make your ceremony special to you and your spouse-to-be, someone who will customize and tailor the ceremony to your specific desires, someone who will move and touch the hearts of all in attendance, then hire Liz. She will forever be one of the most memorable parts of your special day.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Anita, I am incredibly honored with this review. Thank you for sharing your experience in such carefully chosen words. Thank you again. Meanwhile, congratulations again to you and Rob -- you're such a beautiful couple who just sing in each other's presence. I know you will have the most fulfilling marriage. All my best!

Don · Married on 05/03/2015

I read many profiles before choosing Joyful Unions. As soon as I read the profile I knew this was the officiant for us. We met with Liz shortly after we decided to get married. She was a pleasure to chat with and made us feel very comfortable. Following our in person meeting we emailed several times to finalize out plans. The day of our wedding Liz arrived 30 minutes before the ceremony and asked if there were any last minute changes. The ceremony was absolutely AMAZING! Liz personalized the ceremony based on our meeting and email discussions. Following the ceremony I received many compliments on the ceremony. I am so glad we chose Liz at Joyful Unions to perform our wedding ceremony!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was a genuine pleasure meeting you both and guiding you at the altar during your loving ceremony. You are an excellent match and I know many years of marital fulfillment await you. All my best!
  • BabyDeer9

Fawn · Married on 04/08/2015

I can not give better feedback about Liz. She is so amazing. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met. Her voice is so soothing. You can tell that she really cares about your day. It sounds cliche, but everyone did say that she seemed to know us. She made us laugh. She made some people cry. Over all, it was just a great experience. I would highly recommend her to ANYONE that needs an Officiant. You will absolutely love her.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Working with the two of you -- both so sweet -- this past year has been my true pleasure. I was genuinely honored to be a part of your wedding. Sending you the deepest wishes for a healthy and fulfilling marriage!

Phil · Married on 04/04/2015

We had a really terrific experience with Liz as our officiant. She was warm and welcoming from our first meeting, listened and asked great questions to get to know us. She helped give the wedding itself a loving and personal feel. Liz's emotion and humanity shine through and make for a really wonderful wedding ceremony. We were thrilled, and we received so many positive comments about her from our guests. We would highly recommend Liz. She's awesome!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks for getting to the heart of my officiating mission, Phil. May you and Lynda long bask in the shining rays of love.

Nicole · Married on 03/28/2015

Liz was absolutely perfect! Our guests have been raving about how wonderful Liz was since our wedding 2 months ago! Even our photographers said Liz is now one of their favorite officiants (they have photographed a lot of weddings). She met us for lunch and asked us about "our story." From that meeting, she was able to put together a beautiful ceremony where everyone got a chance to experience our love for one another. Liz is a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her as an officiant.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your love story with Ryan inspired us all, Nicole. What fun to be able to tell it to all your guests! Thank you so very much for your meaningful words. The loving energy flowing between you and Ryan is so true and authentic. I know you have a beautiful marital journey in front of you. All my best.

Amalia · Married on 03/22/2015

We were so happy with our officiant, Liz O'Brien. She really helped make our day special. Our guests also thought she did an amazing job, she really spoke well and personalized the ceremony just for us. We also received a copy of the ceremony script, which is a great memento. We highly recommend Liz O'Brien!! I am glad we chose her!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you, Amalia! Celebrating your love at the Desert Botanical Garden certainly made my day. Happy Marriage!

Wonderful officiant! Liz really spends the time to get to know you. Our ceremony was all about us as a couple, which was exactly what we wanted! We laughed through the entire ceremony. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so pleased your ceremony fulfilled your wishes. Long and happy marriage to you both.

Stephanie · Married on 03/20/2015

We had a hard time finding an officiant who was completely open-minded and in no way religiously or spiritually affiliated. We were so thrilled to find Liz, who was exactly who were looking for - a lovely person with no biases who would come in and enhance our day, rather than someone who was going to force their style or ways of doing things on us. Liz was very open to customizing the ceremony to exactly what we wanted and did not try to push us into any aspects we did not want. She was extremely friendly and professional, but also human and likable, which are all important qualities for someone you're working with on your big day! She definitely seemed invested in us as a couple and I don't doubt that views all of her couples the same way. She spent time to get to know us and incorporated our story into the ceremony. We had multiple guests comment on how much they loved that aspect, as many were just meeting either the bride or groom for the first time from the other side of the family. It helped the guests feel more included in our love and that's a great feature. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Stephanie, you have beautifully articulated my officiating mission, and I genuinely thank you for providing the feedback from your point of view. I, too, am glad you found me and that our paths connected. Sending you my best for the most fulfilling of marriages.

Hillary · Married on 02/22/2015

Working with Liz was a fabulous experience for us from the start ! We met quiet a few months before our wedding for coffee and Liz really got to know the people we were and our love story. Over the months we corresponded a lot through email and she was very helpful with giving lots of examples of "non corny" meaningful readings for our ceremony. She always made herself available if we needed anything.

Our guests loved everything Liz spoke about during our ceremony and many of them even asked if Liz knew us personally...she really took the time to know each of us as individual people and that really made it a more memorable process.

Sent on 03/20/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Much gratitude for your thoughtful words, Hillary. And selecting Camelback Mountain as a backdrop for your altar only heightened the beauty of your wedding. That was a memorable day. All my best to you and Andrew.

Scott S. · Married on 12/13/2014

Liz was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process! We knew that she was the officiant we wanted after the first meeting we had with her. She always made herself available, answered any and all questions, and conducted a BEAUTIFUL ceremony; it was filled with love, inspiring quotes, and stories from our life together and our "journey of love". Thanks for everything, Liz!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

The double rainbow right after your ceremony speaks to the love the two of you share. Thanks again for your kind words, Steph and Scott, and here's knowing you'll have the most fulfilling of marriages!

Paula · Married on 12/06/2014

Liz was an absolute dream to work with! She listened to our story and wove it together in a way that was surprising and delightful while being authentic and soulful. She was able to guide us through what could have been a very stressful experience with a warmth and professionalism that is not easily found. I can't recommend her highly enough! Our friends who attended our wedding said it was the BEST wedding ceremony they had ever seen. We couldn't agree more! If you want an unforgettable seamless ceremony that tells your story and makes your union beautifully significant, Liz is your gal!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your generous and thoughtful review really made my day, Paula! Thank you so much for the gift of your words. You and Todd clearly have a powerful connection, and I know you'll have a meaningful life together. It was an honor to be part of your wedding day.

Jaime · Married on 12/04/2014

Liz was amazing to work with! She meet us for over an hour on short notice even though she had plans with her husband that same evening. Liz's approach to learning about each of us was done in such a warm and personal manner, it felt like we had known her for a long time. Liz's follow up after our initial meeting was amazing! I could not believe the level of details she was able to retain given the limited amount of notes she took.

We corresponded with Liz via email many times between our initial meeting and our actual ceremony and she was great at reminding us to send her our portion of information needed for the ceremony (we are both procrastinators so it was much appreciated!).

We never rehearsed the wedding ceremony, the vows or anything but you would have through we labored over every detail when in fact, Liz did the laboring!

The ceremony was amazing and all our guests remarked on how much they enjoyed it as well. It would not have been the same without Liz and her perfect telling of our unique story.

When we renew our vows years from now, I hope Liz is still conducing ceremonies!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks Jamie! Part of the joy of my job is hearing the stories of "what makes it work," and your story with Ryan is one of those that inspires. It was so easy and natural working with you both, and I know you will have a loving life together.

Lauren · Married on 11/15/2014

We had an amazing experience with Liz. Our goal was a non-traditional ceremony that was tailored to us and she exceeded our expectations. She is very professional, friendly and prompt. She always kept us on track with update emails to make sure everything went smoothly. Our ceremony was perfect, our guests are still talking about how beautiful it was - we couldn't have asked for more! We highly recommend her as an officiant. Thank you Liz!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your feedback means a lot to me, Lauren. I'm so pleased to know that your Big Day went so well. It was an honor to guide you and Rob at your wedding altar. All my best for the happiest of marriages.

Mimi · Married on 11/14/2014

Liz was wonderful. She was quick to respond, helpful, and listened to exactly what we wanted to make our ceremony personal. We got so many compliments about her officiating and many of our guests thought we'd known her for years! She even sent us a copy of what was said at our ceremony so we'll have it for years to come. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your sweet review warms my heart. Thanks for your kind words, Mimi. All my best to you and Charles -- you're a beautiful couple with a bright future of lasting love!
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 11/08/2014

Liz was absolutely phenomenal to work with!! She was one of our favorite vendors, by far--and that's saying a lot because I feel like we had the dream team. :) Liz was incredibly responsive and seamlessly too us through the process of designing the perfect type of ceremony for us. Our initial meeting with her was very easy going. She asked all of the right questions and made us feel at ease. After the first meet, she checked in multiple times via email and she was very reassuring that we were on the right track. At the actual wedding, we were both blown away. After the few conversations we had, the questions she asked and the vows she helped us in formulating... oh my soul. It was perfect--breathtakingly perfect! It was like she had known us forever. I'm telling you, our guests were talking about the ceremony all night. At every table we visited, everyone assumed that we had written the whole ceremony because of how personal it was...We just kept singing Liz's praises! :) She's that good. It was such a beautiful thing to share our love story with everyone and I cannot imagine our wedding without Liz being a part of it. Choosing an officiant is a really big deal--you will not be disappointed if you call Liz. ***Thanks Liz, we appreciate it more than you know! -The Sheldons***

Sent on 01/15/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Wow! Your generous words and feedback really made my day, Holly and Sam. It was an honor to learn your story and reflect it back to you and your guests on your beautiful wedding day. You two are simply glowing with love for one another.

Liz was such an amazing woman to work with!! From the beginning she listened to us and got to know my husband and I well and was able to make our ceremony so unique and tailored to us. Out of all my vendors I received the most compliments about Liz! Our guests were blown away about how thoughtful and personalized our ceremony was. We cannot thank Liz enough for her hard work and the thoughtfulness she put into making our wedding ceremony so special.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so pleased to hear that you and your guests found the ceremony so meaningful. I very much enjoyed working with the two of you. You're a perfect fit for each other and I know you have so many years of a warm and fulfilling marriage in front of you. All my best.

Liz was absolutely wonderful! We had so many comments from our guests that the ceremony was so beautiful, and reflected us as a couple perfectly. I am amazed and so happy that after a handful of great conversations/meetings with Liz, she created the perfect ceremony for us, certainly worthy of all of the praise it got!

When we first met Liz, we knew right away she would be the perfect officiant for us. She is vibrant and fun and passionate about what she does and I could tell right away that she is an excellent communicator with a clear voice. All of these things were the combination of perfection for our officiant. Prior to the ceremony, Liz was detail oriented, followed up well, and was very clear about her process so we felt comfortable and prepared in getting her what she needed to perform the ceremony. She worked with our other vendors (specifically our guitarist, since we needed a mic for Liz) wonderfully so that the day-of was flawlessly smooth. On our wedding day Liz was punctual, prepared, well dressed, and most importantly... joyful! The ceremony itself was wonderful... Liz spoke loudly and clearly for our outdoor wedding and the words she spoke were spoken with love and joy, which made everything so very meaningful.

I would absolutely recommend Liz as an officiant for any wedding. She was a joy to work with and really made our ceremony feel special and personalized. Absolutely wonderful!!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your words made my day. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell your story. You two make the best couple and the 'zing' between you at your wedding altar is something I'll always remember! I know you will have the most fulfilling of marriages.

Serena · Married on 10/18/2014

Liz was absolutely amazing. She did a beautiful ceremony. I couldn't have been imagined a better ceremony. She took the information that we have her about our love story and how we met and put it into a beautiful ceremony. She was so excited to do the ceremony even though it was on her own wedding anniversary. She was thrilled to share her anniversary and our wedding day. Our guests couldn't rave enough about how beautiful the ceremony was and how the she put it all together.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

I love it that we will share the same anniversary! I know you and Igor will have many, many happy years in front of you. Thanks again for your kind words. It was a pleasure being part of your Big Day.

Liz was a dream to work with! We wanted someone that we felt a trust and connection with, who didn't feel like a stranger, and after meeting with Liz for about 5 minutes we knew she was that person. She is very warm, engaging and kind. She took the time to get to know us and write a customized, one of a kind ceremony, that was special to our relationship only. She also helped us pick out other details of the ceremony, like readings and traditions. She was also logistically great- punctual, fast responses to emails, and kept us on track. During the ceremony, Liz was confident, funny, warm, and heart-felt. Many of our guests also commented on how great our officiant was. I could go on and on- she is the best.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you! I love the creativity and process of helping couples like you put together a ceremony you want. The imagery from your wedding will remain with me... especially your fairy tale walk down the aisle. Wishing you both the happiest of marriages.

Nicole · Married on 07/24/2014

Liz was wonderful to work with! The ceremony felt very personalized and she provided us with several ideas/options to make our day exactly what we dreamed of. I would highly recommend her service.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much, Nicole. Your ceremony by the lake was so serene and beautiful, despite the 116 degree heat that day! Wishing you both all the best in life and love.

Rich A. · Married on 04/12/2014

Liz made our special day - - special! She was friendly and honest and open, from the first day we met and interviewed each other to the end of our ceremony and beyond. We had a small intimate ceremony with family and close friends in our suite at the Sanctuary Resort. Although she had a wedding ceremony already scheduled for later that day she was very accommodating to us for our romantic midday celebration.

Liz is a true professional - thoughtful, caring, personable, and easy going. A real pleasure to work with! She delivered our ceremony, including our personal vows, with compassion and sincerity. Her words were heartfelt, captivating, and beautiful. Many guests commented on how distinctive and enchanting her ceremony was. She stayed for a little while afterwards and mingled to enjoy our celebration together.

Liz is a very charming, likeable, and pleasant person. I would recommend her to officiate for anybody's wedding! She is...JOYFUL indeed!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Rich and Nhu for your generous words. I loved working with you and experiencing your authentic affection for one another. Your ceremony at the Sanctuary was such a creative choice, and I'll never forget Nhu's face when she saw her huge ring! That was such a priceless moment. All my best for your marriage.

Sam · Married on 04/12/2014

To say that Liz was amazing, would be an understatement. It was like having our best friend perform the ceremony. She took the time, to hear our story and how it all led to our special day. Hearing her say it to us and our guests was, made us feel as though she was there watching all these past years. Liz made it a point from the beginning to really listen to us and understand us. The ceremony she wrote out for us, FOR US, was personal and so touching. Not a dry eye... Everyone, always thinks that you will be complimented on the flowers or the cake or the brides wedding dress.... NO, not in our case, everyone gave us compliments on Liz; on how loving yet humorous she made our special day. This rating system, does no justice for Liz! She is off the charts.. There is nothing to consider, she is the best. Liz, if you ever get a chance to read this... Thank you, thank you, thank you. You made our day special and unforgettable. Your words and presence are carved in our hearts! ..... Sam & Gaby

Sent on 05/18/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your words are so meaningful to me, Sam. Being a part of your special day reaffirmed for me again the undeniability of our connections with another person and the importance of affirming them in public. All my best to you and Gaby and your family. Thanks again!

Erin · Married on 04/05/2014

My husband and I were so lucky to come across Joyful Unions when researching officiants. We met Liz in person a few months before the wedding and we absolutely adored her! She is so personable, kind, funny, and very perceptive. We spoke for a good while giving her insight of who we are, how we met and what we love. She asked great questions to get to know us before the ceremony. During the wedding planning, she was quick to respond and always helpful. On the day of our wedding, she did an amazing job! We had a small ceremony at the Desert Botanical Garden among family and close friends. She brought our personalities beautifully into our vows and her words about what marriage is. Our guests kept raving throughout the night, and honestly even to this day, about how touching and lovely Liz made the ceremony. My husband would give her more than 5 stars if we could. I cannot express quite how much we enjoyed working with Joyful Unions.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your review means a lot to me, Erin. Thank you for your generous words. You and Le radiated such love, and the DBG at sunset on that perfect spring day was quite the backdrop! Wow! Many, many happy wishes to you both for a long and fulfilling marriage.

Liz is such a wonderful person to officiate a wedding. I knew the moment I met Liz that she would do a great job. She was very easy to keep in contact with and would check in with us from time to time just to see how we were doing. After our wedding my husband and I had multiple people tell us how great our ceremony was specifically the vows that Liz was so kind to write for us. Thank you Liz!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Joyful Unions's reply:

I won't soon forget that beautiful spring day and the gorgeous wedding you two put on. Wishing you the happiest of marriages.