Joy of Life Events Reviews

20 | Truckee, CA

20 Reviews for Joy of Life Events

20 Joy of Life Events Reviews

Lisa · Married on 12/11/2017

Donna went above and beyond! Our wedding was SO beautiful and it was all because of her. She thought of every detail, brought in decorations, set everything up, and was there to help with several issues (like forgetting my veil in a hotel room that no one had a key to minutes before the ceremony). Very thankful for Donna and all the hard work she put into our day! She is the best :)

Brittany · Married on 09/23/2017

BOOK DONNA IMMEDIATELY you will not regret it! She is amazing and has a great eye for design. She was the best thing I could have asked for when it came to planning our wedding. When I first started planning, I wanted to DIY everything myself, but after a few months, I quickly learned that having someone to bounce ideas off of and have overall support, was necessary. I purchased her Month-of coordination because I still wanted to do most things myself, but she was always available when I needed her, no matter what month it was. I love how she was honest about her prices and was always willing to put in the work until it was perfect. She really should charge double for what she puts in.

One week before our outdoor Tahoe wedding, we noticed the weather was going to be below 30° F. Donna went out to buy hot beverages for the ceremony and even offered to buy scarfs and mittens. She saved everyone from freezing and when we decided 2 DAYS before the wedding to change our reception venue to a inside location, she was there to work her magic. She transformed a ski lodge bar into a beautiful and romantic setting. I really cannot explain how happy I am to have had her as my coordinator.

Weddings never go according to plan, so at the end of the day hire someone who can make things right without you, because you will be busy and nervous on your wedding day. Donna is that person and I look forward to seeing her future events.

Thank you Donna for making my wedding perfect, even when we had to change the venue 2 days before the date.

XOXO,
    Brittany

Joy of Life Events 1
    Joy of Life Events 2
    Joy of Life Events 3

Susan · Married on 06/17/2017

Donna was wonderful !!! Truly a JOY to work with.

Sandi · Married on 06/03/2017

Donna was fantastic to work with on my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. She always was patient in helping me, as the MOG, to plan a wedding for two doctors who had little time to devote to planning themselves. Although we ended up using a number of vendors we had independently selected, Donna did a great job working with them and also made good recommendations for vendors in the area that we also used. Donna always exercised the highest professionalism with us and with the vendors too. She was well known to and very well regarded by the venue (Empire Mine Historic State Park--which was fabulous) and by other vendors in the area. She went above and beyond our expectations in a number of respects, including helping with transportation and even hosting a surprise overnight guest--a puppy the bride gave to the groom during the wedding ceremony--and she kept it a secret from all of us! Donna worked tirelessly the days before and day of the wedding to assure all went smoothly, and did a great job reminding me during the reception that she would handle any hiccups--that my job was to enjoy this most special occasion, which would go by all too fast. (And she was right!) We also hired Donna's family member to help pick up a rental van and provide all-day transportation for the bridal party events on the day-of, which was a huge relief given the lack of other transportation companies in the area. Donna dealt with all manner of issues and personalities with ease and a great sense of humor. She was flexible and understanding in helping to implement the sometimes changing vision for wedding-day elements. She put together an extremely detailed timeline and organizational plan shortly before the wedding, which was distributed to all vendors and the bridal party. I highly recommend Donna, especially for a wedding at the Empire Mine!

Christina · Married on 10/15/2016

Donna is absolutely amazing and has so much wedding experience under her belt! When an unexpected storm threw us all for a loop, Donna remained very professional and accommodating for all of the extra rain preparation! It was extremely comforting having Donna take charge and lessen the stress load of the bride and groom. We enjoyed working with Donna and appreciate her driving all the way to Bodega Bay for our meetings and walk-through. I also thought her having all the decor rentals was awesome since that was not my area of expertise. My wedding was wet and wild and absolutely beautiful and perfect! I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you Donna from the O'Brien's!!!!!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Joy of Life Events's reply:

Wet & Wild, Christina how perfect! I love the picture you shared with me that had Patrick, you and I walking down the aisle in the rain....all smiles. (three of us walking down the aisle...a first for me..LOL). It was indeed Wet and Wild and absolutely PERFECT in every way. Your love for each other shined bright even on the dark and stormy day! Wishing you both a lifetime of love & laughter. XOXO~donna

Ricky · Married on 10/01/2016

Donna is AMAZING! My fiance and I were planning on doing our wedding on our own without a wedding coordinator. A few months in, we realized how much work it was. We both work full time and the time we were in school too. We met a couple of wedding coordinators but the day we met Donna sealed the deal. She made a huge difference in our wedding. I can not imagine not having her. Throughout the wedding planning we became close with her to the point that we were missing her after out wedding was over. She was amazing! She has the expertise, skills and everything to make your wedding great. We had such a great wedding and Donna made that happen. She is simply put- THE BEST! We felt that she definitely was worth so much more than the money we invested. Her knowledge and work ethic, her dedication and passion for what she does is invaluable. One can not put a price to her skill. Thank you Donna!!!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Joy of Life Events's reply:

Ohh Ricky, I must say the feeling is mutual. You and Rose touched my heart and you both will always be a special place there. Your commitment to honour our Lord throughout your engagement was inspiring to us all. And your family and church family are among the kindest people my team and I have ever worked with. Wish we could bundle them all up for every wedding couple:) Our paths will surely meet again. Much Love~donna

Julia · Married on 09/17/2016

There really are no words to describe how wonderful Donna is. She has been a wedding planner for both my sister and I and was able to handle both weddings with ease (or at least made it look that way!). She has a way of asking the right questions, setting expectations, meeting and going beyond the goals you set together. Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, and always has a smile on her face. The team she has surrounded herself with is fantastic, she worked with me on my budget and made sure I spent it in the right places.
    Something always goes wrong at a wedding, always. So when the groom's parents were stuck in the elevator you didn't even see her break a sweat. She had it handled and smoothed everything out before you could even panic. All the vendors she guided to me were fantastic, her advice on everything from invitations to song choices were right on point.
    Donna is 100% the best decision I made when it came time to plan our wedding.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Joy of Life Events's reply:

Julia...Thanks so much for the wonderful review. It was truly a honor working with you and your family again. I enjoyed our time planning and implementing your & Brad's vision. You are so full of JOY...it just seems to bubble over from you:) Thanks again for trusting me and sharing one of the most memorable days of your life. Much Love~donna

melanie · Married on 07/10/2016

Donna was amazing through out the entire process. From helping me customize invitations, communicating with vendors, to even hanging a chandelier!, she was truly a blessing.
    I, truly, did not have to worry about (or was bothered with) a single thing on wedding day and THAT... is invaluable.

Julie · Married on 07/03/2016

Donna is on top of things. She knows the ins and outs of a wedding day and was extremely helpful learning what to prioritize. She will take the reigns when necessary, so if you don't want to worry about anything she'll cover you; but if you really want some things done in a certain way, be explicit about that.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Joy of Life Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. ~donna

Andrea · Married on 09/12/2015

After a glowing recommendation from a very reputable DJ and videographer, my husband and I booked Donna and her planning company for our wedding in September 2015. We could not have been any happier.

Throughout the planning process, we were extremely impressed by her: (1) professionalism and organizational skills; (2) knowledge of the wedding industry; and (3) her ability to effectively manage vendors, guests, and the actual wedding party.

Taking our preferences from our initial consultation in mind, she gave multiple tasteful and thoughtful options for each stage of the process. Her timing was also immaculate, as she engaged us with impeccable timing - never too soon and never too late. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the decor Donna used - she has an eye for making a venue a beautiful and memorable site.

We were lucky to have Donna’s services, and would wholeheartedly recommend her for any event. She is easy to work with, a great communicator, and is able to take care of all the details and set-up so we could enjoy our special day without stress.

Hailey · Married on 01/10/2015

Donna was amazing! I can't say enough great things about her! I would highly recommend having Donna help coordinate your wedding or special event. She really goes out of her way to make your day special and perfect for what you desire. Her personality and demeanor are also the best for the job. My day was so much less stressful knowing Donna was handling all the important/demanding tasks. I cannot list all the jobs (many beyond her contract duties) she tackled and completed with ease. She is outstanding at what she does!

No longer living in Nevada County, we couldn't have pulled off our wedding without Donna's creativity, patience, passion, and resourcefulness. She took the time to get to know us, listened to our ideas, and respected our budget. On the big day, it was so comforting to know that Donna was at the helm! We highly recommend Donna to anyone planning a special event, particularly those doing so long distance.

patty · Married on 05/03/2014

donna was amazing. my daughter was getting married at st patrick's church in the morning with close family & a second wedding & reception at empire mine, grass valley the same day in the afternoon for remaining family & friends. my daughter picked donna as her wedding planner because she lives out of town, but wanted her wedding where she was born & raised. every detail was picture prefect. a day her & her new husband will remember always. so many people have told us it was one of the nicest & beautiful & fun weddings they had been to in a long time. all of that was because donna helped with every detail both big & small. she met with us on every little decision & made great suggests. Not a thing went wrong the whole day & if it did we didn't know about it, because donna was there every minute.

Tess · Married on 02/01/2014

I am the mother of the bride. My daughter found her as a recommendation from a friend. Donna did more than asked. We were all from out of the area and she had great recommendations for rentals, caterers, transportation, rehearsal dinner, places to stay, staff to do work, and on and on. While we wanted to help do the decorating before the wedding, she worked with us and she professionally ran the show from there on out. She took care of all clean up so all we had to do was pick up the materials and leftover food/drinks on our way home the day after the event. She was amazing and very easy to work with, and in only 2 meetings she had a great plan for us and it was easy. A great wedding!!!!

Donna did a wonderful wedding. She professionally dealt with having to move the ceremony from outside to inside on the day due to a very unexpected rain & hail storm. The bride panicked but Donna quickly had it in hand and it was still perfect.

Katie · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot recommend Donna enough -- she is incredible. She is very talented, professional and patient! :) She really listened to what we wanted for our wedding and not only made great recommendations on vendors, but went above and beyond by providing ideas and products that helped us capture our theme and feel. It unexpectedly rained on our wedding day and she remained calm, called in extra resources and still made our outdoor themed wedding an absolute success - she even managed to calm me down and reminded me to enjoy every moment. I highly recommend working with Donna on weddings or any other special event you are planning.

• User6191381 · 2+ years ago

We can't say enough about how Donna made our wedding day everything we had hoped for!! Not just in the details but in her ability to capture our vision for the experience we wanted. And our list was long and unusual! It's not every wedding planner who can see a vision for a bridal badminton game at the reception! She was always up for the challenge and went the extra mile, enduring our many modifications! She was willing to supply her input where needed, as well as décor items she had in her inventory. She was also open to letting us be involved in planning and/or implementation where we wanted to! We were not local so she provided us with recommendations for vendors and our experience with them was also exceptional. She was always a joy to work with and we felt like we were saying goodbye to a friend when the wedding was over! At the wedding and reception, she was hard at work, but always in the background. On the wedding day, she even surprised us with a rug she had picked up to complete the look in front of our bar at the reception. Our venue was "rustic" by my husband's standards and he was skeptical of our venue choice at first but, he was astounded by the way Donna was able to transform the space into something magical and uniquely personal! It was a flawless day we will never forget and will be eternally grateful to Donna for implementing! She is worth every penny, and more, for her outstanding service!

Nanette · Married on 06/29/2013

We are eternally grateful for all the services Donna provided for our daughters wedding. We had to make arrangements long distance, so at the very beginning Donna arranged our meetings together with vendors so we didn't have to make the 3 hour drive often. Her long standing relationships with vendors was major peace of mind as we knew we could trust them and would not have to worry. Her knowledge, experience and gentle suggestions were very much appreciated. She does an excellent job with the table settings and decorations and has great style. Her day of the wedding services were a life saver! She handled anything that came up the day of and was wonderful. We highly, highly recommend Joy of Life Events. She's the best!

Charles · Married on 11/10/2012

Donna at Joy of Life was a pleasure to work with. Her attention to detail and professionalism made it a very easy and enjoyable experience for my wife and I and our families and friends. Her knowledge and experience in the wedding and planning parties fields made everything run extremely smooth, from the location down to the flatware and linens. I would definitely use her again and highly recommend her services to anyone planning a wedding, party or special event.

Donna was great. She helped us plan our wedding in literally 2 months! Couldn't have done it without her. Helped us negotiate with other vendors in the area. She set everything up and broke it down at the end which was essential.