Joshua's Catering Reviews

Joshua's Catering 4
Joshua's Catering 5
Joshua's Catering 6

Cassandra · Married on 09/09/2018

Joshua’s Catering gave us EXCELLENT service. The food was absolutely incredible and we received rave reviews all night long. Jenn was a delight to work with and we were impressed seeing how she deftly handled the evening. We had the steak with chimmichurri, chicken with rosemary Demi-glacé, and the squash ravioli; all superb. The pricing for what we received was absolutely fair. Always responsive with emails, however sometimes you may end up with multiple email threads. Loved Joshua’s Catering and Jenn.

Sharon · Married on 04/28/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Joshua's Catering and about Jenn, who walked us through every step of the process and also served as our day-of coordinator. She is incredible. The food was excellent! We received so many compliments from our guests about the food. The day flowed perfectly and Jenn was on top of every detail. I would definitely recommend Joshua's Catering.

Abby · Married on 09/16/2017

The food for our wedding cocktail hour and ceremony was delicious and innovative. I had no worries that there would be something for everyone no matter what dietary restrictions they might have. There were many choices and after going to a tasting, I knew we had made a good decision. We worked with Jen, who was responsive to our concerns and needs during the whole process. I was referred from a coworker and I am passing the information forward. Check out Joshua's Catering! 5/5 :)

Cara · Married on 06/17/2017

Joshua’s had us at first tasting. We didn’t want “typical” wedding food, and decided to go with Mexican-themed cuisine. They blew us away with an amazing selection of unique and flavorful options that we just HAD to have at our wedding! Everything from the appetizers to the salad and dinner was delicious--hands down the best food we’d ever had at a wedding, and our guests would not stop raving about it, either. The service was also very prompt and friendly. And then there’s Laurie. There are not enough kind words or recommendations to express how thankful we were to have her as our coordinator! She is so patient, easy to get in touch with, and organized, and you could definitely tell that this wasn’t her first rodeo. Not only was she incredibly helpful leading up to the wedding, but on the day of, she and her team did everything from setting up to keeping on schedule. During the cocktail hour, she even brought me and my husband drinks and plates of appetizers and made sure we were taken care of throughout the night! And it’s not to mention that this poor woman got soaked in the frequent downpours that afternoon, and worked with us to make sure we had everything perfect in spite of the rain. She truly went above and beyond. We can’t thank Laurie and Joshua’s enough, we highlight, highly recommend them!

Paul · Married on 10/15/2016

Joshua's catering did a phenomenal job with our wedding and we could not recommend them any more highly. The food was fantastic, but most importantly, Laurie and her crew ran the show at our wedding to make sure everything went off without a hitch. They are the best!

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

Don't look any further! This team of caterers/servers is perfect for your wedding day. From the delicious food to the wonderful service, there is no need. Amazing apps, main dishes and sides and they provide service for your bar with BYOB alcohol. We plan to use them again for smaller events. No one at the wedding could stop talking for weeks after about how good the food is! Thanks for being there for my wedding and my sister's!!! And again, Molly was a rockstar!

• W

William · Married on 08/26/2016

Joshua's Catering made our wedding a dream come true. From our first conversation, the staff was warm, efficient, and professional. The planning was literally stress-free. The options presented to us within our budget were so extravagant, we had a hard time narrowing it down, with so many incredible choices! The execution was flawless. We spent WEEKS trying to find one thing Joshua's could have done better, and came up empty-handed!

11 out of 10.

Nicola · Married on 06/18/2016

From my first conversation with Laurie I was impressed and excited to work with Joshua's. She was organized, upbeat, accommodating, and answered all of our questions very quickly. David worked with us to create a menu that spoke to our personal tastes. Laurie's checklist kept us organized and on track, and feeling very comfortable. In the world of catering, it can be easy to feel like you're just being shuffled along in pre-packaged menus and formulaic design - but not at all with Joshua's. We were encouraged to be unique, to do our own thing, to pick flavors that we felt good about. I really can't say enough how comfortable we were, and how darn nice it was to work with the Joshua's team. Through the ups and downs of wedding planning, I knew that Laurie always had my back and would ensure the wedding went off without a hitch - which it did. The team did a superb job setting up our ceremony chairs, our reception tables, and all of our decorations and special details. It was a perfect. The wedding timeline ran a little late due to a late shuttle - but Joshua's didn't miss a beat and helped move the night along effortlessly. We got so many compliments on the food and service - even my husband's 97 year old grandmother was impressed :) Joshua's whole staff was just so nice and incredibly diligent to the service of the room. Staffers were circulating often and none of our guests wanted for anything. The team was always smiling and smart and just made our day feel like a dream come true.

Ariel · Married on 06/18/2016

Words cannot describe how grateful we are to have had Joshua's Catering cater our wedding!!! They exceeded our expectation in every way possible through their hard work, dedication, creativity, and compassion throughout the whole process in planning and in executing our wedding. Laurie, Joshua's Catering coordinator, was there with us through every little detail from planning the food selections and even rental equipment. We met several times through the process and she was extremely prompt with emails and phone calls. And everything turned out exquisite!! The chairs, linens, glassware, tables, displays and set-up came together beautifully. The food was a work of art, and absolutely delicious. The honey dijon crusted salmon was seriously the best salmon I've ever had! We also had a beautiful, delicious array of Asian Fusion cuisine which was such a hit for our guests. And all of the service and help carried out throughout the evening exceeded our expectations- before, during, and after. They helped us pack everything without any hesitation. Such an incredible company. We cannot rave enough about Joshua's Catering!!

Mike · Married on 05/14/2016

When my husband and I first started wedding planning, we treated it a lot like a chore. It wasn't necessarily something we were looking forward to. Being introduced to Laurie and David at Joshua's Catering changed all that for us. From the very first tasting we did with them, all the way through to the last call on our wedding night, Laurie was super fun and easy to work with. Her and David listened to our vision from day one and delivered a truly memorable wedding night for us. Our guests raved about the food, the bar service was seamless, and they acted as true partners with us throughout the process. It was so easy to tell how much they both loved what they do. There's really nothing we would have changed or asked them to differently; they were complete rockstars

Kym · Married on 11/28/2015

We enjoyed working with Joshua's catering. David and Bridget were not only professional but also flexible, accommodating and very responsive to our needs.
    The food was unique and delicious!

Katherine · Married on 10/24/2015

I cant write enough good things about Joshuas Catering.
    From day one, they were amazing. I kept looking at their pictures and thinking "this has to be a trick - there's no way their food can look that good at this price for a wedding" but it totally does!!! That good and better!

The staff was so easy and enjoyable to work with. Every time we met we just wanted to hang out with them longer. So sincere and down to earth and invested in making your vision come through. David worked really well with us on some of our more interesting requests. We had mini-sliders Bob's Burgers style (for those that done know, there's a burger-a-day that's a pun), and even came up with some puns of his own for us - "Two-cheddar forever." ! They laughed when every other word out of my husband's mouth was "so we can have pigs in a blanket too, right???" They were so flexible and worked with my to serve a very special bunch of crescent rolls to my "cousins table" as a running inside joke in our family. It made their night and I'm still hearing about it! Laurie was really organized, informative and super knowledgeable. I knew our wedding was in the hands of a very experienced person, which really helped me lay back and relax a bit (something I'm not always good at). When we did a mini-photo session during cocktail hour, she was constantly up and down the hill to check on us and make sure we were fed thoroughly with those glorious appetizers. And then a few hours later, I saw her running down again to start grabbing some of the leftover decor, even without us asking. SO HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't even get me started on the food. We had guests coming up to us all night talking about how good it was. The value for what they prepare for you is awesome. And they're so organized and professional on top of that. It made a huge difference in our overall experiecne and we're so so happy we went with them. It was the obvious choice from bite-one :) DO IT!

Chelsea · Married on 10/17/2015

Joshua's was incredible from the first tasting through the dessert at the wedding. All of our guests raved about the food...it was truly top notch. Laurie was so friendly and accommodating during all of our meetings and they were extremely organized and easy to communicate with. The service was also great on the day of the wedding. This is a great value for the high quality food and service that they provide.

Joshua's Catering provided amazing service, food selections, drinks service and more. Laurie coordinated everything, and it was all pulled together seamlessly. We got married at an outdoor venue that involved some creativity as to where set up for cocktail hour and other special additions. We had a separate vendor deliver desserts, and we provided the alcohol. Each vendor coordinated with Laurie, and she figured it all out to make the vision come together perfectly. Not only that, but during our cocktail hour and party, she continually checked in on us to freshen our drinks and/or make sure we got to taste the food.
    The quality of the food was superb, and the amount we paid for it was very reasonable (and less than what was quoted from other vendors in Philly). The staff they brought to the site was also amazing. There were at least 17 people working behind the scenes, at the bar, and to clean up who were efficient and friendly. We were thrilled to have chosen Joshua's to cater our wedding.

Veronica · Married on 09/05/2015

Joshua's Catering was fantastic. They handled my sit down rehearsal dinner for 45 at our home and handled the day after catered breakfast for 60 and BBQ and Clambake for over 100 on Sunday in our backyard under a Tent environment. The chefs, Susan and Bridgette were amazing and the food was spectacular. My guests were amazed and were quite appreciative of their friendly service and professionalism. I cannot wait to use their services again and hoping that some of my friends use their services in the future.

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/29/2015

Joshua's was great! The food was amazing and the guests are still raving. Joshua's took care of everything for the day. Everything I asked for came out wonderfully. I could not have had a better team to work with to make the most memorable day of my life come to reality.

Joshua's Catering was awesome! They were wonderful for our summer wedding in July and my husband and I would use them again for future events. All the staff from day 1 were friendly and excited to be a part of our event. They knew how to advise in such a nice manner to keep us and our guests all happy. Everyone commented on how great the dishes we had were at our wedding. The food was flavorful, appealing to the eye, and perfect for the season we were in- the dead heat of summer. Can't say enough about all of the staff from meetings leading up to our actual big day- everyone was spectacular to work with and just so pleasant. Thank you again to everyone at Joshua's!!

Blair · Married on 06/19/2015

I can not tell you how much we enjoyed working with Laurie and Joshua's Catering. The Chef David and his team impressed us from the first tasting. Laurie was a joy to work with, relaxed, helpful and on top of everything. They understood our vision and what we wanted to make our wedding perfect. The food was tasty, fresh and unique. Service that day was great, and prices are reasonable. The team really made our day perfect. I can't thank them enough. The fresh fish was my favorite, curried chicken cones and dessert was delish! Use these people, they are great.

Caroline · Married on 05/16/2015

Joshua's Catering catered our wedding at Morris Arboretum and we could not be happier that we chose them. From the very first phone call I made, both Laurie and David were an absolute pleasure to work with. Our tasting took place at their beautiful studio and when we walked in they had an adorable table set for two and then proceeded to serve us some of the most delicious food we've ever tasted. It felt like a legitimate date night! It's important to note that he serves you nearly full portions so resist the temptation to finish each plate as he'll pack up all the left overs for you to enjoy again at home. After we made our food selections, Laurie made the rest of the planning process a breeze. She is professional, organized, incredibly sweet and has a very calm demeanor -- very important to have that kind of energy while planning your wedding :) We also worked with Bridget, a graphic designer who works with Laurie and David. She designed and printed all of our printed goods for an incredibly reasonable price and they turned out absolutely perfect! The night of the wedding could not have gone smoother. Laurie was there from the very beginning to coordinate the arrival of all the vendors and was right there whenever I needed her throughout the night -- no need for a day-of planner. The staff were also fantastic -- professional, easily accessible and pleasant to work with. If there were any hiccups, I will never know it because Laurie and her team worked to make the night absolutely perfect. And the best part was the delicious food! We chose some non-traditional meal selections and our guests absolutely loved them. Our wedding was the happiest day of our lives and I don't think I would be able to say that without the help of Laurie and David. If you want delicious food, smooth planning and great relationship with your caterer, all for an incredibly reasonable price, chose Joshua's! You will not regret it.

Kimberly · Married on 05/15/2015

We used Joshua's Catering for our wedding. Our whole experience with them was amazing! Laurie was absolutely wonderful to work with. From day one, I felt like ours was the only event she was working on. She was always available for questions and willing to do whatever she could to help. Joshua's Catering is truly gourmet on a budget. I honestly never thought we could have served the food we did on our budget. Everywhere else we looked said our best bet was a buffet, but with Laurie and Joshua's Catering, plated meals were never a question. When we went to our tasting, I remember thinking something must be wrong here. Everything was so delicious and beautifully plated, I thought somewhere the numbers must be off, but they weren't! And at any point we had a budget issue, Laurie was always willing to work with us or offer suggestions for cost savings. We also used their baker, Amy, for our wedding cake, which, of course, was also delicious. I was able to send Laurie a picture of how we would like the cake to look and Amy made it happen. All in all everything was perfect! The service was great, the food was beyond delicious and no detail was spared. Every aspect exceeded our expectations! Every guest (and I really mean every single guest) said how wonderful their meal was, not to mention how much they enjoyed the passed h'orderves at cocktail hour. Anytime our wedding comes up in conversation, everyones first reaction is "...oh and that lamb!!!".

Vanessa · Married on 05/02/2015

Joshua's Catering had us from the very first tasting! An amazing afternoon at their kitchen was artfully produced and Laurie was there to walk us through it every step of the way. We each had special requests that were granted with flair and allowed us to put a signature flair to our menus. Additionally, we had lots of ideas that we wanted for decorations and Laurie ran with it and helped plan and set it up with perfection!!
    The staff on the big day was spectacular. No one wanted for anything.
    2+ years later and our friends still rave about the food at our wedding!!
    Thank you so much, Laurie and the entire staff of Joshua's Catering!!

Joshua's Catering 7
    Joshua's Catering 8
    Joshua's Catering 9
    Joshua's Catering 10
    Joshua's Catering 11
    Joshua's Catering 12

Margee · Married on 09/14/2014

My name is Margee Barth, our beautiful nuptials and ceremony rated five stars across the board in large part due to the caterer Joshua's.
    We first visited two other caterers that were the approved for the property. We didn't feel either of the caterers listened and the food was really disappointing.
    I had a conversation with the event coordinator Laurie Durkin, she asked some questions and then set up our first tasting. The tasting with Laurie and head chef/owner David Hall, was relaxed and so impressive. The tasting sealed the deal. The food samples reflected my preferences, I explained our crowd was mixed with seafood lovers, vegetarians and carnivores. We sampled Filet Crostini, Lump crab on endive and Risotto balls w/pesto cream. We added a grilled veggie platter with assorted dips and a local Pennsylvania Cheese spread that catered to our mixed foodie crowd.
    Happy hour was a big success. The bartenders and wait staff pleasantly and efficiently kept us fed and the drinks were flowing. Two amazing Bartenders handled the crowd fantastically, as servers butlered endless delish appetizers.
    The ceremony was held at Morris Aboretum, in the Rose Garden. The grounds were spectacular yet, I knew they presented a logistical challenge. Laurie and the team from Morris handled this beautifully.
    We had a seated dinner, served mixed spring greens w/pecans and goat cheese but the kicker was the Pear Vinegarette. It's unbelievable. Our dinner choices consisted of a Eggplant Rotini (for all the vegetarians), which was excellent. Pecan Crusted Salmon on Baby Spinach w/roasted red potatoes. Beef Medalions w/Kennette Square mushrooms in a demiglaze. The food was spectacular, service over the top and venue beautiful. If your looking for great service and excellent food don't look any further. Fingers crossed they have an open slot for your special day!

Rita · Married on 09/13/2014

Our wedding celebration was everything that we hoped it would be and we have David Hall and his team to thank. My wife Bonnie and I were married on June 28 and held our wedding celebration for 70 guests at Curtis Hall on September 13. The evening was perfection from start to finish. David is a superb chef. Our guests, many of them foodies, were delighted with the food. Joshua's baker Amy is the best. We heard that people took second helpings. The wait staff was courteous, helpful and gracious. And Laurie is a coordinator extraordinaire! Every little detail of our party was remembered and handled effortlessly. She made the evening as smooth as silk, while we had the time of our lives. They are all simply the best.

Beth · Married on 08/30/2014

From Start to Finish Joshua's Catering was truly amazing!! In our first meeting with David, my fiance and I were hooked! David's passion for food shined, and his excitement and passion for creating custom dishes got us excited for the food at our wedding. Laurie's organization helped us through the entire process, making sure no detail went overlooked. The result was a wedding reception that my guests are still raving about! The food was the highlight of the evening, and I still hear about those lamb chops appetizers!!! Don and I could not have been happier with our choice, while the end result was amazing, we thoroughly enjoyed the entire process with David and Laurie, every meeting was pleasant, and the tasting was FANTASTIC! Choosing Joshua's will certainly give you the food your guests will rave about!

Lynne · Married on 05/17/2014

Speaking as the very happy mother of the very happy groom, we are indebted to Laurie Durkin and the amazing staff of Joshua's Catering. Joshua's provided sincerely outstanding food and meticulous attention to EVERY detail - from a professional team of individuals who were just a complete pleasure to work with through the entire process. We were lucky enough to have Joshua's cater our Friday evening welcome dinner for out-of-town guests, in addition to the wedding reception. Friday evening was simply tremendous. One look at the food told us that the reception would be perfect (which it was!) However, within those two days we felt the staff members all became family! :) Everyone was a delight. The food was presented with such an aesthetic - so perfect for our venues - and everything was just more than delicious. Our son and his beautiful bride chose an (almost) completely vegan menu - and our heartiest of meat-eaters raved! We cannot recommend Joshua's Catering enough - perfect in every way!