Joshua Fernandez Photography Reviews

Joshua Fernandez Photography 6
Joshua Fernandez Photography 7

Chelcie De Almeida · Married on 08/09/2019

A little ceremony

Josh was incredible to work with. He has truly mastered his craft. His choice of gear is exceptional but the lens is merely an extension of his eye. It's an amazing thing to see beauty where the world projects normalcy. It was an honor and pleasure to have you shoot our Katb Al katib

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Jemila

Jemila Venner-Walcott · Married on 08/08/2019

Fantastic!

Josh made this such a comfortable experience, and the photos are beautiful.

Sent on 08/10/2019

Amirh · Married on 08/08/2019

Great photography experience

Hired Josh to work with family members and he was great to work with and took beautiful photos! Really happy with the experience

Sent on 08/10/2019

Mounika · Married on 07/28/2019

Photoshoot

He is very punctual and photos are awesome

Sent on 07/28/2019

Erin Thomas · Married on 07/20/2019

Josh put us at ease!

My fiance and I were shy about having photos taken, but Josh put us totally at ease and was attentive to our needs throughout the whole process. We had such fun and LOVED the final results - he captured this special moment in our lives with such fun and elegant photos. We are so glad we found Josh!

Sent on 08/06/2019

J Wood · Married on 07/13/2019

Priceless!!

Josh is a amazing photographer and he cares about his craft! His attention to detail and gift of capturing people in there most natural moments is priceless! Josh was our photographer for our 25th Wedding Celebration, how he worked the event by capturing so many spontaneous moments in pictures was beautiful.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Ambika Jammula · Married on 07/05/2019

Sweet 16 Party & High School Graduation

Joshua is very professional and talented. His talent lies in capturing the right moment at the right time. He is very punctual and flexible with timings. His is very passionate about his profession. I haven known him since four years. He as become our family photographer. I highly recommend him for any type of events.
    Thank you Joshua.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Amanda R · Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing!

I loved working with Josh! He was easy to talk to and very flexible with our unforgiving work schedules haha...I loved the way he edited the photos especially because lighting is very important to us as we are an interracial couple!! Would recommend him to any of my friends!!! Thanks again Josh

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jessica Carroll · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Photographer

I hired Joshua as a photographer after hearing about him through a dear friend! He was flexible with timing and environmental factors - only wanting the best conditions for the photo shoot. I will absolutely be using his services again!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Jesse H · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful photos

My wife and I were extremely picky about our wedding photographer. It was very important to us that we find someone who could skillfully capture our special day the way we wanted. From our first meeting with Josh, we knew he was the right choice. He took the time to really understand us, and gain insight into what we wanted from our photos. He was a pleasure to work with on the day of the ceremony as well. The photos are the best that anyone has taken of us ever, bar none.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Paul Sim · Married on 06/27/2019

The professional

Having Josh taking our engagement photos was a great experience. His professionalism and kindness made us feel confident in his work. I would highly recommend him for anyone who is looking for a professional photographer.

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Fangbing

Fangbing Yu · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional and accommodating

Joshua is awesome! He is very good at taking a candid photograph. You don't have to worry about posing, just relax and enjoy the moment. Joshua will take care of everything and then bring the best photos I have ever seen. Even my 20- month daughter has so many vivid expression photos from Joshua.
    Besides his profession skills, he is so nice and accommodating. Before the day, he was very patient answering all my questions.
    The day these photographs were taken, we were about 20 minutes late. We were very sorry about that because we know time is valuable to him, and he had another appointment after us. But Joshua was still nice to us and chatted with us to make us relax. He even spent extra time to take more photos for us at last.
    You will never regret if you choose Joshua as your photographer!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Lori Echipare · Married on 06/08/2019

Personable and easy to work with

Josh was super fun to work with. He kept us relaxed and got to know us as a couple during our engagement shoot. He made us feel at ease and captured us as we truly are. Everytime I look at our pictures I can’t help but smile and feel the authenticity of the emotions he was able to document. Super personable and reliable photographer!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Lucia

Lucia Sequeira · Married on 06/06/2019

Loved working with Joshua

My daughter recently graduated from Law School in DC and I hired Joshua for a photo session in DC. He was simply amazing. He made us all feel comfortable and took us to the locations we wanted. The outcome of the photos were even more amazing!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • I

Ivana Lee · Married on 06/06/2019

Professional Artist

So grateful we came across Joshua's profile! Best decision we made for our engagement shoot!
    It's hard to find a photographer that is professional, pleasant to work with, and has a great art perspective like Josh.

He is not just a photographer but an artist, and what's even better is he is willing to work around your personality and preference to create pictures that's uniquely your own through his creative perspective.

Responsiveness, professionalism, punctuality are top notch, he replies promptly and answers all questions in detail, guiding us through the process and even prepared us with the session primer. He is willing to invest an extra time just to get to know us and what we want before the shoots.

The photo session itself was very enjoyable and fun, it really feels like you're hanging out with a friend. My fiancee is usually really stiff in front of the camera, but he can loosen up during the session and Josh managed to capture his best natural smiles which is rare. The picture results are amazing and satisfying! Josh gave us a lot of pictures to pick from and we really love all of them!

Joshua has all the quality you want and need from a photographer. We are totally satisfied with the results and look forward for more sessions in the future!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Amber Robinson Bijou · Married on 06/03/2019

Extremely professional and fantastic energy

Josh provided an awesome photography experience for my family! He was very professional, flexible and responsive to our needs ensuring our first experience would be positive and very memorable! Fantastic energy and very personable! Highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Shaquan Brinkley · Married on 06/03/2019

Best photography experience ever!

Josh was awesome man! I would definitely book him again. Fair rates, great personality, very professional and fantastic results. You honestly can't ask for a better photographer!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Julie D. · Married on 06/01/2019

Josh is a masterful, professional, and kind photographer. Your decision to hire him as your photographer will be the best one you can make!

Josh is a gifted photographer, and an amazing human being. He is talented and experienced with capturing priceless moments, and he GETS IT. He deeply believes in love and commitment, and this shows in his work. He spends the time it takes to know you as an individual and who you are as half of a couple. He genuinely cares about what matters to you, and what love means to you. He allows you to define what your love looks like (and captures it!), rather than forcing you into unnatural poses that you may never take as a couple. Beyond taking masterful photos, Josh also helped us to define and conceptualize our love in a way that we hadn’t been able to do before – his timing and images caught us in intimate moments that we treasure, that help define as individuals and lovers. His work inspires us every day to work on maintaining and improving the love we see in his photos. Josh worked with us for a mutual engagement session where he spent the day around the city with us in spots that were special to us whether it was the middle of a street, on a university campus, or in a diner window. He delivered breathtaking work with minimal poses and interference with the natural flow of things. Josh is always prepared – he shows up early to understand the location, the light, etc. He has a plan for each session but doesn’t involve you in the details of it unless you want to know. He is very responsive and reduces stress during your planning processes. This helps put your minds at ease. After our engagement session, he photographed our wedding too. We couldn’t have imagined having anyone else with us during this huge event – beyond being a photographer we trusted to deliver breathtaking work, Josh had become our friend as a result of the intimacy of his work and who he is as a person. Knowing he was there for the wedding, I was able to completely relax as the bride, knowing that he would capture the things that mattered – not just us, but our friends, smiling faces, the venue, and the decorations. He delivered an amazing assortment of photos (above and beyond any expectation!). His images will enable us to live out our day of commitment over and over and support the conceptualization and actioning of our love, and the commitment we made on those days.

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Joshua Fernandez Photography 15
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Levy · Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful wedding experience

We had the pleasure of working with Joshua for our wedding in May. Joshua was unbelievably responsive, active, and invested in us as a couple throughout the whole process. Joshua provided the most beautiful photographs of our wedding, and he was all around a joy to work with. He was able to capture every moment and angle of our wedding day, somehow managing to be omnipresent while also being completely unobtrusive. He made everyone look their best and captured my guests enjoying themselves in the moment so exceptionally. Joshua felt like a natural addition to the wedding, and his work will bring us happy memories for the rest of our lives. I could not emphasize enough how lucky you would be to work with him.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe Kunar · Married on 05/25/2019

Never Felt More Confident

Josh was wonderful in adjusting to our crazy work schedule and produced the best pictures of us ever taken. Could not recommend him more.

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Kemi

Kemi Kodja · Married on 05/23/2019

Photoshoot

I’ve worked with various photographers but none compare to Joshua! From the experience during the shoot to the quality of the pictures delivered, he continues to exceed my expectations!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Kemi Kodja · Married on 05/23/2019

Shoot with Joshua

This is my third shoot with Joshua and he’s become my go-to when I need high quality pictures! He never fails to deliver and I really appreciate the time he takes to understand your vision and bring it to life!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Janelle · Married on 05/20/2019

Photoshoot

Joshua was excellent to work with. He is really good at making you feel comfortable and directing you throughout the shoot. He is very experienced so he knows what areas and what times work best for capturing the moment in the best light. I would 100% recommend him.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Stephanie Hetzer · Married on 05/19/2019

Can't recommend him enough

Josh is the perfect wedding photographer. He was professional, courteous, and takes pride in his work from the moment we reached out to him to when we got delivery of our final photo album. Wedding planning is very stressful, and Josh does everything he can to make the photography as simple and stress-free as possible.

He photographed out wedding beautifully. All of our guests loved the final product and we received countless complements of how easy-going he was during the event.

Josh has been a dream to work with. Look no further – he’s your guy!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Kristopher

Kristopher · Married on 05/11/2019

Look No Further - Joshua Fernandez Is The Real Deal

As satisfied clients of Joshua Fernandez, my husband and I would recommend that you look no further in your wedding photographer search.

It was surprising to me, but finding the right photographer was one of the most challenging vendor choices as we planned our wedding. Meeting someone with the photographic eye that matches your style and who you don't mind spending hours on end with is tough enough, and then you have to add in all the other complexities: packages, pricing, file delivery modes - the list goes on!

I was nervous that we would not find someone who "fit" us until we met Josh. These are the key strengths I would offer about him, but they are truly only a few:

RESPONSIVENESS: I immediately knew that we were in for a good experience when Josh responded to my inquiry email within 3 hours (many of the brides and grooms out there probably appreciate how rare that is). Josh maintained this level of responsiveness throughout our entire engagement and leading up to our wedding day - he would always respond to a text or email promptly, which put my mind at ease.

FLEXIBILITY - Josh was also great to work with because of his flexibility. He was always willing to provide suggestions and outline his vision for a shoot, but was equally as interested in hearing from us as a couple and adjusting accordingly. It was truly a photographic partnership that enabled his creativity as well as our desired outcomes.

SIMPLICITY - I was fed up with going line-by-line through photography packages and a-la-carte options. Josh's wedding pricing was all straight forward and simple, and he delivers all the photos digitally.

STYLE - The DC market is saturated with photographers. I believe another aspect that makes Josh so distinctive is his creative and unique eye. He clearly possesses technical skill, but I believe also possesses a rare talent for capturing intimate moments. We were searching for someone who was able to capture more candid photos, and we were not disappointed (neither were our friends and family, who constantly praise Josh's work as they see it).

For all those reasons and more, we would highly recommend Josh Fernadez's services - he is truly a pleasure to work with and someone who captured memorable moments of our engagement and wedding. Thank you, Josh!

Sent on 05/14/2019