64 Reviews for Joseph Ambler Inn

Indoor (2)
Outside Cake (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
Cake (1)

We had our ceremony and reception at the Joseph Ambler Inn and we were also able to rent out about 15 rooms in one house for our wedding party and closest friends. We loved that this venue allowed for everything to happen in one place, so we did not have to travel anywhere once we (and our guests) got the venue. In addition the venue takes care of many of the planning details for you such as linens, tables/chairs, table numbers, catering, alcohol, set up and break down of the decorations, the cake, etc. The venue and all the spaces are also amazing, they have beautiful grounds for an outdoor wedding, a pavilion that can be a plan b for rain or a space for the cocktail hour, and the reception hall is spacious and elegant. The wedding planning staff are absolutely fantastic as well; they are friendly, knowledgeable, organized, and flexible! We worked with Ali and Tay throughout the planning process and Meg was our day of coordinator. After I left each meeting with these ladies I felt more calm and knew that we were in good hands. On our wedding day they went above and beyond to make the day stress free and even better than I imagined! They exceeded my expectations from planning to execution the day of, and as far as I know the day went off without a hitch. Not only was the place beautiful, but the food is also amazing and our guests complimented the appetizers and main courses several times. JAI was a huge part of making our day truly the best day ever!

Profile Picture Jesse, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning

Joseph Ambler Inn was the perfect location for my wedding ceremony and reception. The intimacy of the location, the flexibility of the over night guest rooms, and the ability to continue the party after hours was great. The staff were amazing to work with and they went above and beyond. All of my questions were answered and the planning was seamless. The ballroom was absolutely gorgeous. I must say that my favorite part was the moment my husband and I had after the ceremony in the Thomas Wilson House. The staff had champagne and hors d'oeurve waiting for us. I can't wait to go back to the inn! Thank you for making my day more than I could have ever imagined. Fantastic staff!!!

Profile Picture Jeannine, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

I can't say enough about this place, and neither can my guests! The team of people we worked with (Alli, Amanda, and Meg) were super awesome, answering ALL of my questions and in a VERY timely manner! They were also very accommodating with everything and had set up everything perfectly according to plan. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception (and even an after party) there. We had many out of town guests as well, so this place was truly what we were looking for (everything on site and rooms for our guests!). The grounds were amazing, the food was delicious, and the day was literally perfect. I'd highly recommend this place for a wedding. We are looking forward to celebrating our 1 year anniversary by coming back and enjoying the Allman suite : )

Profile Picture Cindy, 8/25/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning

We got married here on 1/7/17. From the beginning, our event coordinator worked with us every step of the way up to our wedding day. We loved the venue, the food, and service. Everyone we worked with at JAI was very helpful and friendly. Even that we had a small intimate wedding, they catered to us as if our event was large. Shoutouts to Alli, Paul, and Carol. Thanks again for making our wedding day so awesome!!

We also booked a night at JAI and we stayed at the Allman Suite. Please book a room there if you can. It was a very nice suite! Our photographer was able to get awesome wedding photographs in this room too. They offer complimentary breakfast if you book a room.

Profile Picture Salve, 1/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So far so good! Our first initial visit with Joseph Ambler was great --- we were there over 2 hours. We had an initial sit down with Wendy who gave us a VERY detailed description of pricing and included details that I had not even thought to ask. The one thing that really had me leaning towards JAI was the fact that there are literally THREE alternate inclement weather options available! They have been very responsive so far and have answered all of questions. The grounds are beautiful. It has a very rustic, romantic vibe to it and feels like a vacation even though it is so close to Philly. All of the homes on the ground have been well taken care of and I cannot wait to see the pavilion lit up at night during our ceremony with the white paper lanterns we have chosen! I will write another review as soon as the wedding is over and I am back from the honeymoon!

Profile Picture User5107881, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Joseph Ambler Inn as the hotel for after our wedding, and it was the BEST decision we could have made. We worked with a few different staff members in getting rooms blocked off and they were all extremely prompt and helpful every step of the way. Their rates are great and they include a buffet-style breakfast the next morning for you and your guests. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and the buildings and rooms are so unique. It's an absolutely stunning place to be. We had about 35 rooms booked by our guests, and every single person raved about how cool their room was, and about how much fun we had. They have it set up by buildings, with each building housing a number of hotel rooms. You can use the common area of the building for an after-party, which was the highlight of our night. They allow you to bring in any food/drink you want to have at your after-party in advance of your weekend, and they'll set it all up for you so that when you arrive back after the wedding, you're all set. Having the entire building and the areas around it with quaint patios and benches was an incredible setting. We got to stay up well into the night, enjoying the company of our family and friends as we continued to celebrate the best day of our lives. I cannot say enough about how great our entire experience was at Joseph Ambler Inn. It created the perfect post wedding setting for us, and was the perfect ending to an already perfect day. I would highly recommend JAI to anyone looking for hotel accommodations, they will seriously be the best part of your wedding day and night. Thanks JAI! We are already looking forward to coming back and staying for our First Anniversary.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

BEST PLACE EVER!! My husband and I got married in May 2016, and the JAI was everything we were looking for in a venue and more!!! The JAI appealed to us because it was a “one stop shop” for rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and lodging. There was no need for our guests to drive anywhere, or even leave the grounds. We continue to get rave reviews about the venue, food, and the intimate feel of the wedding in general. The JAI staff treated us like celebrates and accommodated our every request. Wendi, Teg, and Ali made themselves available for any questions, room reservations, and changes we made. We booked out the Thomas Wilson house for the rehearsal dinner and had a BYOB and BYOF picnic style celebration. The night of the wedding, we booked out the John Roberts house for an after party that allowed us to keep our celebration going for hours after the 11:00pm reception cut-off. JAI also provides a list of vendor recommendations, and we were thrilled with Signature DJ’s and Linda Fitzgerald for flowers. We cannot say enough about these two vendors. The last recommendation we have is to upgrade to the champagne fountain . . . amazing! We give this venue an A++ review for top notch service, food, accommodations, and flexibility. If you want the wedding of your dreams, and a perfect night, this is the place to go.

Profile Picture Nikki, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Joseph Ambler Inn was not the first wedding venue we saw, but it was definitely the last one! We knew after leaving our first meeting with Wendi that JAI was the venue for our May 2016 wedding. Not only could they accommodate a wedding of our size (less than 100 people), but they could also have our ceremony, cocktail hour and accommodations on site, and the value could not be beaten! Each staff member we dealt with during our planning process was flexible, responsive, accommodating and just a joy to work with. Wendi answered each and every question we had, Alli Baron the Hotel Manager was so helpful with planning and setting up our after party and welcome bags, and Meg our day-of coordinator was a god-send! Meg was able to walk us through our rehearsal and even helped with last minute weather changes. The guests raved about the food and accommodations, and the weekend went off without a hitch! We couldn't recommend JAI more to other couples looking to get married in the area. The whole venue is beautiful, the staff amazing, and the food was delicious! Thanks JAI for a wonderful weekend!

Profile Picture Cow, 1/1/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Outside Cake

My beautiful bride and I selected Joseph Ambler Inn as the venue for our wedding reception and dinner. "Perfect" is the best word to describe our experience. Our party of 16 was treated to fabulous hors-d'oeuvres and drinks in the private living room adjoining the dining room located in The John Roberts House. It was a chilly evening and we were treated to a wood burning fire in the living room's giant fireplace. Meg was our event coordinator and was excellent with attending to our every need. Joe and Kevin were our servers for the evening. They were absolutely terrific! Our compliments to Meg, Kevin, and Joe for their heartfelt friendly service. The food was impeccable! The Inn was home for three nights for two of our guests. They loved their stay. My bride and I thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay as well! Special thanks to Wendi and her staff in helping with planning our event. They were key in making this occasion extra special. We highly recommend The Joseph Ambler Inn!

James & Sheila Tollett

Profile Picture User6655331, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Parking

My fiance & I had been looking to have a very small intimate wedding with a beautiful setting, fireplace with a comforting cozy feel and finally we came across Joseph Ambler Inn. WendI, was a God sent!!!! She called me in her upbeat energic voice and gave me so much information on ways to help assist us. Her quick reply was very comforting and we are excited for our upcoming wedding!

Profile Picture lisa, 2/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I start!!!! Our intimate wedding by the fireside with family and friends in the historic farmhouse was absolutely amazing. We had a cocktail dinner party with approximately 40 people. Our ceremony was by the fire and led right into the rest of the quint historic farmhouse. The service was fabulous! Wendi who runs the events was over the top on everything. Their response to all our questions were fast & informative. No request was not granted or an issue. Our drinks and food were absolutely delicious.
I wish we could do it ALL over again.

Lisa and John Long

Profile Picture Lisa, 2/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! What can I say? The JAI was amazing! Everything from the food to the awesome staff. We were in the John Roberts House with a fire in the fireplace. Cozy and intimate. Couldn't have asked for a place for our wedding day. Highly recommend !
Thanks to everyone at the JAI!
Julie & David Avila

Profile Picture Julie, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone at JAI was wonderful and really made our special day a great time! Wendi was great and very easy to work with to coordinate the events and Meg, the day of coordinator was great to work with as well and made sure that everything was running smoothly. The hotel staff was very helpful with setting up room blocks and whole house agreements. I thought it was wonderful that we were able to rent a whole house and they set up an after party for us in the common area.

We had a beautiful day for our wedding, but it was fantastic that there are so many back-up options in the event of bad weather. This is a top notch outfit and I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a rustic/homey environment. A lot of our guests were from out of town and it was basically like a destination wedding.

Profile Picture jennifer, 9/5/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough great things about the Joseph Ambler Inn! We spent the whole weekend there for my wedding, and everything.... I mean everything was awesome! It's a beautiful, unique Inn with 52 guest rooms spread out around the property. We rented the Thomas Wilson House which has 10 guest rooms, a small kitchen, 2 common indoor areas, & a big covered porch. After Party!!! Great customer service. Very friendly accommodating staff. Food is unbelievable! My guest all were raving about how nice everything was. Highly, highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

My wife and I were married at the Joseph Ambler Inn last weekend, and we had so much fun, that I wish that I could go back in time and relive it all over again. After being at so many wedding events where we had to either drive or take a bus from place to place, we were determined to find a venue where our guests could park on Friday night and enjoy the entire weekend. We had a very relaxed rehearsal dinner in the Tack Room, our ceremony on the lawn, our cocktail hour on the porch/gazebo, and our big ceremony in the ball room. The food was outstanding, and our guests loved being able to gather on the covered porch every morning to eat the complimentary breakfast buffet. Another unique aspect of JAI is that they allow for "whole house rentals". I was able to reserve an entire house (shared common areas w/separate king and queen hotel rooms) for my bridal party, and then another house for both of our families. We then had an overflow set of random rooms for the rest of our guests. This allowed for an amazingly unique and personal setting, unlike the cold and impersonal floors of a regular chain hotel, where you're often stuck with other unrelated guests. The entire staff, including Wendi (Wedding Planner), Jamie (Restaurant Manager), Ali (Hotel Manager), and Meg (Wedding Coordinator) bent over backwards to help us throughout the entire planning process and all weekend long. Their teams were incredibly professional, friendly, and really helped to make our weekend an amazing experience. I highly, highly, highly recommend the Joseph Ambler Inn!

Profile Picture Dave, 6/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We have nothing negative to say regarding the Joseph Ambler Inn. We had our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception at the Inn. We also had overnight accomodations for us and our guests as well. Every single staff member we came into contact with from Wendi, the wedding coordinator, and Meg, our Event leader, to the servers and bartenders and even the housekeepers, every person was the most professional, courteous, and polite staff you could ask for. Meg bent over backwards for us to make sure our night was perfect, which it was! Our servers were amazing! The food was DELICIOUS! We received so many positive reviews regarding the food following the dinner. We also loved the room accomodations. Every room was perfect and clean. Our guests loved the spa tubs! Overall, we had the perfect day thanks to the perfect staff at the JAI!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wendy was our event coordinator and she was amazing! She was so flexible and willing to help us make our day perfect! The Joseph Ambler Inn was the perfect place for our wedding! The grounds are beautiful, the food was amazing and the staff went above and beyond to help make everything perfect!

Profile Picture Diane, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the IDEAL venue for my wedding! The ability to have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, after party and accommodations in the same place was amazing. My guests were very comfortable there and it was so nice for everyone to have their own room on the premises and have breakfast the next morning together. It was like a big party that lasted 2 days! Wendy really helped us with planning the event and was always prompt to responding to phone calls and emails, which there were a lot of! Our day-of coordinator was calm, collected and insured everything went off perfectly. The food, as always, was impressive even for my chef husband! The reception was decorated beautifully by the staff and conveyed our theme we wanted. All in all I couldn't think of a better place to have had my wedding and would suggest this venue to other's as well! There are different packages to choose from and you definitely get your money's worth.

Profile Picture Anna, 8/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had a great experience at Joseph Ambler Inn for my recent wedding on August 10, 2014. The venue is gorgeous and the staff is very accommodating. Wendi (the banquet manager) is great to work with. She was very helpful to put my mind at ease and help us design contingency plans in case of rain (which thankfully we didn't need). The food was excellent and all of my guests were very pleased.

It's a great venue for a great value.

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 8/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow. That says it all. What a wonderful venue and an amazing wedding and reception. Everyone was professional and friendly. The wait staff for the reception was nothing short of awesome!! They have many choices to make life easier and are very flexible on arrangements. Visit them and take in the incredible settings they offer. They gave us a memory that will never dull...

Profile Picture Barry, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The patio was romantic the luncheon delicious and the atmosphere perfect; these were the comments of our family and friends as we celebrated our wedding at the JAI. Throughout the planning process Wendi, the event manager was prompt to answer any question no matter how ridiculous. On the day of the wedding we had someone assigned to us who guided us through the day., it was like having a personal wedding planner without any additional costs. From start to finish , from vendor suggestions, food choices and service the JAI was outstanding! If you are looking to have a romantic wedding , one you and your guest will never forget, look no further than the Joseph Ambler Inn.

Profile Picture judy, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The JAI was the perfect venue for our wedding. The staff was friendly and helpful. The property is gorgeous. I liked that I could do everything in one spot. Rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and then rooms were available for guests to stay over night. For $100 we had a send off breakfast the next day for the guests that stayed over. It is worth going to check out this venue, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wendi is the best! She was always so helpful and always returned my emails, calls etc. So many staff members were wonderful and so helpful. We became friendly with so many of them - Alyssa, Joe, Dan, Allison, Cathy, Teg and even more. The food was fabulous and the grounds just beautiful. Our family and friends all said it was the best wedding and most fun that they had ever been to ( and we are talking compared to some that are over $100,000.00 up near NYC). So many thoroughly enjoyed staying at the TWH all together and spent time catching up after years. We spent the whole weekend there. We love it so much that we went back for lunch the week after we got back from our honeymoon in Jamaica. It is definately a place we will frequent often and now my family wants to have a family reunion there every year :). Thanks for the most memorable day of my life!

Profile Picture Leann, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough about how amazing the Joseph Ambler Inn was for our wedding. After our venue flooded a week before, we were lucky to have the Joseph Ambler Inn step in and help us. Our wedding was absolutely amazing and after spending a year and a half planning a wedding, they helped me re-plan the entire thing in just days. They were so organized, helpful and worked wonders to make our wedding day so memorable. The service, the food, the atmosphere was phenomenal. I highly recommend Joseph Ambler Inn! They did a fabulous job with our rehearsal dinner as well. Teg, Wendi, Carol were so fantastic and I just can never thank them enough for all their hard work! Thank you to everyone at the Joseph Ambler Inn, you are all amazing!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/10/14, 3 Reviews