JOS studios Reviews

35 | Portland, OR

35 Reviews for JOS studios

Matt · Married on 09/05/2010

JOS Photographers provided my wife and I with the best possible experience AND results. I have spent my career working in the design/fashion industry for one of the most well know and well respected brands in the world. I have art directed photo shoots with top photographers on Islands in the Caribbean to the streets of Rome, so when it came to choosing a photographer for our wedding... I demanded the best.

First of all, Jos's portfolio was stunning! With a wedding photographer you need someone who is technically cable to capture a variety of shots. Equally important is someone who can have the vision to thread together a holistic "visual" story of your wedding. Lastly, the most crucial quality I was looking for is a rare, intangible ability to authentically draw out human emotion within his work.

From the pre-wedding planning, to the post wedding delivery of our photos Jos was always very thoughtful and we knew this was one component of our wedding that we didn't need to stress about. If you go to his site (www.JOSphotographers.com) and click on "Moments", you can view the work JOS Photographers did for our wedding – Matt & Jess.

We wish you the best.

Sent on 02/20/2011

Brad · Married on 05/15/2010

My wife only cared about one detail for our wedding: Jos.

We had the good fortune to meet Jos at our close friends' wedding in Portland. He instantaneously left an indelible impression on both of us. He exudes this incredible larger than life energy (in his iconic hat), fueled by his passion for capturing some of the most incredible moments of people's lives.

We flew out Josh and his wonderful partner, Tree, to our wedding in Scottsdale. We invited them to our rehearsal dinner as our guests -- although we had only met once in person, and spoke a few times by phone, we felt as if they were a part of our family. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed getting to know these amazing and inspiring individuals.

Our album arrived last week, and confirmed that having Jos at our wedding was simply the best decision we had made. We cannot stop looking through the album, page by page, chronicling the most monumental weekend of our lives. He captured our joy, our family's emotion, and the overall spirit of our wedding weekend.

We are forever indebted to Jos for his enthusiasm, vivaciousness, and artistry.

Sincerely,
    Brad and Vicky

Sent on 02/28/2011

Kati · Married on 08/01/2009

Jos did a great job of blending into the scene at our wedding. He captured photos of our guests, family and us when we didn't even know he was taking them. Those are our favorite photos. He captured the REAL moments and not the staged/posed ones. He was very friendly, easy going, professional and creative. In our Lifestyle shoot, we were both nervous. It felt funny being in front of a camera like that but Jos did a great job of warming us up. He seemed to really care about our story and how we met, and once we started talking about it we weren't so nervous and just had fun with it.

Sent on 03/17/2011

JOS studios's reply:

Katie,

You are awesome!!! Thanks for reviewing us.

And again congrats on the "bun in the oven"

Megan · Married on 07/25/2009

Jos is an amazing photographer! Not only is he incredibly talented but he's an absolute delight to work with. He radiates positive energy that is calming, wonderful and traslates to his work. He captures moments rather than images, that portray the beauty and emotion of your special day. Our album is a work of art that we will cherish forever. I would highly recommend him to any bride.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Natalie · Married on 04/18/2009

My husband and I got married in the spring of 2009. After our first meeting with Jos we knew we had found our photographer. Jos was so wonderful to work with! For us it was really important that we found someone we could be ourselves around and someone who brought the best out of us. We were most impressed that he was able to work so well with our HUGE family! Looking back at our photos we can honestly say there wasn't a moment that wasn't caught on film. Thank You again for turning the our wedding into beautiful pieces of art! -Scot & Natalie

Sent on 03/11/2011

Leah · Married on 07/30/2008

Jos is a master of photography; his work epitomizes photojournalism in the sense that each frame tells a story and captures a moment. Jos’s work speaks for itself but as a personal testimony to his character he is just as wonderful as the pictures he takes. I have known Jos since 2006 and his work is continually evolving, he is truly a trend setter with his style and technique. During my engagement session with Jos the weather was in the mid 90's, very humid, occasionally rainy with even some thunder and lightning. My hair was flat my fiancée and I were sweating and the pictures turned out absolutely fantastic. It was at that time I knew Jos had magical photography powers. :) Jos comes with my stamp of approval and I highly recommend him to anyone. I felt assured having Jos as my photographer because I knew that the things that were out of my control (i.e. the weather) would not prohibit him from taking outstanding, jaw dropping photos.

Sent on 08/10/2011

Sophia · Married on 10/06/2007

Jos was such a delight to work with!! Throughout our entire wedding Jos and his team were professional and attentive. Jos was so excited to photograph us for our engagement shoot and wedding day, by the end of our events, Jos felt like family. Having a sense of adventure in his ideas for setting shots and creating unforgettable moments Jos illustrated the 'love story' of our day so beautifully. We are constantly complimented on the beauty of our wedding photos and his body of work speaks for itself. Jos's Photographers is a gem and working with them will be your best vendor choice of your wedding!

Sent on 04/29/2011

Scott · Married on 06/29/2007

Jos shot our wedding in 2007 and we can't recommend him enough. He was able to "capture the story" of our wedding day in the most perfect way and we loved his eye for photojournalism. Our wedding album is one of our most prized possessions and everyone always comments on how well it was done. Of all the service providers we worked with on our wedding day, Jos was hands down the best return on investment. We will cherish our pictures forever!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Holly & Lynn · Married on 09/09/2006

When I look back at my wedding pictures, I think how incredibly blessed I was to find the love of my life and my photographer and friend Jos Smith. I have worked in customer service industry for 14 years and I feel that Jos invest time to develop a relationship with you that goes above and beyond the scope of his job. So when it came to our wedding day I had no doubt in my mind that he would capture all the moments, down to each detail, and personalize it based off what he learned about us. Jos contributed to our memorable day by looking for photo opportunities that would latter be treasured priceless pictures that we often reflect back on. Jos is fearless in his pursuit to get the most artistic angle and is always prepared to get that candid moment that you end up thinking to yourself "how did he get that picture?" Jos is more than an artistic genius, he has become a family friend. He has been our family photographer for the last 5 years and did both of my sisters weddings as well. Most recently my older sister's wedding on June 30th. Jos creates an experience, a friendship, and pieces of art that I will adore the rest of my life. Thank you for a beautiful wedding album that every time I look through it I think "that is my favorite love story".

Sent on 08/17/2011

Marc · Married on 06/12/2010

Jos and his staff were a true pleasure to work with and made our special day even more wonderful due to their mixture of traditional and nontraditional photos. His staff is very personable and were always looking for the right shot with out being overwhelming. The final product of the wedding coffee table book was better than we could ever imagine, and everyone we show the book to absolutely loves it. The main con is the price, but there are pricing options and he well worth every penny.

Sent on 02/18/2011