JOPHOTO Reviews

JOPHOTO 6
JOPHOTO 7
  • Brian

Brian Lafferty · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Enhanced our special day!

JOPHOTO went above and beyond to help make our day special. They were so helpful, personable and captured our special moments beautifully! They nailed the style just as we had hoped and we can't stop looking at the photos. JoPhoto rocks!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    JOPHOTO 8
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Mitcham · Married on 07/21/2019

Highly recommend JoPhoto for amazing quality, unique wedding photos to treasure a lifetime. Cherry on top is that they’re so much fun to work with!

When I was originally researching photographers in the Smoky Mountains area, I knew that we wanted fun, adventurous photos that are unlike some of the more cliche, common wedding photos you see. I wanted something that would better capture us as the adventurers we are. While I KNOW that Joe & Kathleen can take wonderful traditional photos as well (I've see for myself & they also did many more traditional family photos for us), we believe their specialty is truly UNIQUE adventure wedding photos. When I found JoPhoto, that was all the searching I needed. Andrew & I actually planned our wedding date around their availability -- that's how badly we wanted them to capture our wedding for us. This was the best wedding decision we made.

Kathleen & Joe were a true pleasure to work with and made taking photos fun and stress free. There were lots of laughs and we really enjoyed their company, too. They are such a sweet and talented couple. I felt really good about what our photos would be like after the wedding, but when we received the photos, they STILL exceeded our expectations. We got our photos back EXTREMELY quickly and we were simply blown away. We pulled over while driving to look at them and it felt like Christmas morning. These photos are some of our most prized possessions now and I can't say enough wonderful things about JoPhoto. We have received so many compliments from family and friends and inquiries as to who our photographers were. Their work is amazing. 100% worth the price for extremely unique wedding photos you'll treasure for the rest of your lives. We are forever grateful and so thankful that we found you! We'll be singing your praises to people for years to come!

JOPHOTO 9
    JOPHOTO 10
    JOPHOTO 11
    JOPHOTO 12
    JOPHOTO 13
  • Isabella

Isabella Booth · Married on 07/14/2019

fun, enjoyable, stress-free, efficient,

My husband and I had a destination wedding in the Smoky Mountains. We had never met Jo and Kathleen before the wedding day so that was a little nerve-racking but they were simple incredible . They were at the sight early and ready to go. Our ceremony was an hour behind due to family being caught in traffic and they were so accommodating . They did not leave early and stayed after the wedding for several hours to take pictures of my husband and I . It started to rain an hour before our ceremony and I was so nervous that the church would be too dark for good pictures (it was primitive and did not have electric),but when we received our pictures back they were AMAZING . Jo and Kathleen were so much fun to work with and new how to had family pictures and such so well . We highly recommend Jo and Kathleen for any event and cannot wait to come back to TN and use them in the future! Their pricing is unbeatable as well . We could not be happier with how the pictures turned out !

Sent on 08/04/2019
    JOPHOTO 14
    JOPHOTO 15
    JOPHOTO 16
  • Sydney

Sydney Sims · Married on 07/10/2019

Our Tennessee Wedding

I cannot begin to describe how incredibly lucky we were to have JoPhoto be apart of our wedding. Joe and Kathleen were the best! They were on time, had a plan, extremely professional, yet made us feel so comfortable. They captured absolutely beautiful moments on our wedding day that allow us to relive the day over and over. We are so very thankful to have had them photograph our wedding. Also, they returned the STUNNING photos within 2weeks which is an incredible turn around time! Especially with how busy they are! If we are ever in Tennessee and wanting pictures done we will definitely be going with JoPhoto again!!

Sent on 07/23/2019
    JOPHOTO 17
    JOPHOTO 18
    JOPHOTO 19
    JOPHOTO 20
  • Nick

Nick Latham · Married on 07/10/2019

Our Wedding

JoPhoto did our wedding and we can’t thank them enough! Our pictures turned out awesome & they gave them back to us in a timely manner! On our wedding day they made the experience so easy on us! We will definitely work with them in the future if we get the chance!

Sent on 07/26/2019
    JOPHOTO 21
    JOPHOTO 22
    JOPHOTO 23
  • Keri

Keri Prichard · Married on 06/28/2019

Fantastic photographers!

We absolutely loved working with JoPhoto! From the first time we reached out to them they made everything so easy. Their experience and insight was so valuable to us considering that we were planning a destination wedding and had never visited our venue until the day of! Our photography timeline hit a few snags due to the weather and they were very professional and flexible. They gave us great direction when shooting photos and we felt so comfortable and relaxed with them. Even our guests commented on how wonderful they were. And the photos turned out amazing! Thank you so much Kathleen and Joe for being an integral part of our day!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    JOPHOTO 24
    JOPHOTO 25
    JOPHOTO 26
  • Aaron

Aaron Prichard · Married on 06/28/2019

The best decision I made throughout the wedding planning process.

Joe and Kathleen were excellent. They were punctual when showing up at our venue - a cabin and event space in Great Smoky Mountains National Park which they had been to many times before. They were both very laid back and took a lot of stress out of what was otherwise a hectic, though unforgettable, day!

Once the ceremony concluded, they skillfully managed the family and guest photograph portion, getting quality photos of my wife and I with many of our guests individually and in groups. The lighting, background, color, and resolution on our photos turned out brilliantly. They also had excellent ideas to capture quality candid and posed photos of just the two of us. If you're looking for a great husband and wife team to capture your wedding in East Tennessee, go with these guys. You won't regret your decision.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Vanessa

Vanessa Allahar · Married on 06/26/2019

Great photographers!

Kathleen and Joe are exceptional! They were highly recommended by all of my vendors and they lived up to the hype. I was an out of town bride, and their communication before the wedding was excellent, even going above and beyond and helping me with recommendations for vendors and tips for the venue we chose. The pair work so well as a team and are exceptional in communicating with bride/groom, wedding guest/everyone else during the photo taking process. Most importantly, our wedding pictures came out so beautiful! We highly recommend Jophoto!

JOPHOTO 27
  • Jose

Jose Nieves · Married on 06/26/2019

Best Photographers!

It was so fun working with Joe and Kathleen for our wedding day photoshoot. They made the experience comfortable, fun, and easy. They were quick to respond during the planning process, and helped my wife with recommendations. Kathleen even recommended the wedding planner we choose. They truly went above and beyond. Our wedding pictures are beautiful and the entire experience memorable. We cannot thank them enough. Totally recommended!

Kayle Zingler · Married on 06/08/2019

Dream photographer couple!!

From our engagement photos to our wedding photos, JoPhoto did an AMAZING job capturing my husband and I's relationship! During my outdoor wedding it was raining on and off, I was set on getting outdoor wedding photos and Kathleen watched the weather silently to keep me calm and took photos during the rain breaks! We just got our wedding photos back and absolutely LOVEEE them!!! They are so effortless, fun, and easy to work with! Don't look anywhere else, JoPhoto is worth every penny!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    JOPHOTO 32
    JOPHOTO 33

Patrick Zingler · Married on 06/08/2019

Thank you!

JoPhoto thank you so much for making our dream wedding possible with your photography skills, you captured every moment of our wedding beautifully. You both were so fun to work with and made everybody laugh! You made our whole experience one to remember!! - Groom

Sent on 06/26/2019
    JOPHOTO 34
    JOPHOTO 35
    JOPHOTO 36
  • Lauren

Lauren Richardson · Married on 05/31/2019

Jophoto is amazing!

We absolutely LOVED our wedding pictures that JoPhoto took for us! They are a super sweet couple from Knoxville who are licensed to shoot wedding photos in the Smoky Mountains and they captured our day absolutely perfectly. They are extremely talented, were very easy to work with, and sent us our gallery of photos very quickly. I could't recommend them more!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    JOPHOTO 37
    JOPHOTO 38
    JOPHOTO 39

Dakota · Married on 05/17/2019

10/10 Recommend JoPhoto

JoPhoto did an amazing job at my wedding in Gatlingburg, TN! I’m from Mississippi and finding the right photographer was a challenge from so far away but I definitely made the right decision! They’re very entertaining and will get you laughing to capture the moment perfectly!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Natasha Daniels · Married on 05/15/2019

No better choice for Wedding Photography

Joe and Kathleen are such talented and lovely photographers. They were very professional throughout the wedding and captured each detail of the ceremony and reception, beautifully. We could not be more in love with how each of our photos turned out! There’s no better choice for your wedding photography than JoPhoto!

Sent on 05/24/2019
    JOPHOTO 40
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/14/2019

Personable, personal, and excellent eye for capturing beautiful moments!

I am so glad we did our research to find the photographers who matched our style and vision for our wedding. Kathleen and Joe were fantastic through every step of the scheduling process and so helpful leading up to the wedding. They understood us and managed to wrangle all of our goofy awkwardness into beautiful photos! Thank you SO much, JoPhoto!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    JOPHOTO 41

Allie · Married on 04/06/2019

Stress-free and amazing!

Joe and Kathleen are amazing! Very responsive, fun to work with and made it all so easy. I never stressed about our photography. Kathleen even put a schedule together early on in the process and it was what my coordinator and I used for day of. I can't say enough great things and we haven't even gotten our pictures yet!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Shelton · Married on 03/30/2019

Spectacular!

They bring so much joy to the event and make taking the photos fun and easy! The pictures are beautiful and I got my wedding photos back in about a week! They are truly amazing people and photographers!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Chelsea Dyer · Married on 03/14/2019

Couldn’t have asked for anything better!

Kathleen and Joe did a great job photographing our simple courthouse wedding! They knew exactly where to shoot around downtown after the ceremony and made the session easygoing and fun. They were so communicative and organized through the whole process. Couldn’t have asked for anything better!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Brianna Whitehead · Married on 03/10/2019

Provided more than what we could have dreamed for!

JoPhoto was seriously amazing! They were so sweet, showed up early to our venue and stayed a little bit later to ensure we got all of the shots we wanted. My husband and I are not photogenic and do not know how to pose, but they guided us through everything and the photos turned out amazing!! We did the 4 hour wedding package and we were not disappointed with the variety of photos we received. We got our pictures back about a week later and are so happy with them. I could go on and on... I will be recommending them to everyone!

Sent on 03/24/2019
    JOPHOTO 42
    JOPHOTO 43
    JOPHOTO 44
    JOPHOTO 45
    JOPHOTO 46

Brittany Hawkins · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding Photos

Exceptional in every aspect. Wonderful fun dynamic. We also received our pictures fast. Every detail and candid moment was perfectly captured. Very impressive.

Sent on 03/18/2019
    JOPHOTO 47
  • F

Frances Aimino · Married on 03/08/2019

Could not have asked for a better photographer than JoPhoto!

We seriously could not have asked for a better photographer than JoPhoto. Kathleen and Joe were punctual, friendly, understanding of the pressures of the day and captured everything we wanted to express in our wedding photos. They made everyone feel very relaxed and handled all our requests like pros! I was amazed at how quickly our photos were ready to view after our wedding! They are very prompt and friendly to answer any of your questions. I definitely recommend going with JoPhoto!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Courtney Dunleavy · Married on 01/25/2019

Awesome... Breath Taking.. Professional

Awesome service from Jo Photos.. worth every penny! Pictures were breath taking .. and honestly left us speechless. They were very accommodating. And honestly just made the day stress free and was fun having their team around. Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/09/2019
    JOPHOTO 53
    JOPHOTO 54

Natalie Gearin · Married on 01/18/2019

Can’t say enough!

There aren’t enough wonderful things to say about Joe and Kathleen. They are THE nicest people and so great to work with on such a HUGE day. Moreover, the moments they are able to capture are breathtaking. I would highly recommend JoPhoto to absolutely anyone looking for a photographer who truly cares about insuring each couple gets exactly what they’ve dreamed of.. the opportunity to relive the best day over and over!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Emily Daniel · Married on 12/31/2018

Photographers that Felt More like Friends

From the second we arrived at the venue, Kathleen and Joe were amazingly professional and helpful. They made us and our families feel comfortable and at ease. We never felt cheesy or fake, but instead we just felt like we were hanging out with friends who took our pictures. We got a wide variety of shots and angles since there were two shooters. I am so thrilled we used them for our wedding day!

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Molley

Molley · Married on 11/23/2018

Great to work with!

They were great! Very professional and I love our wedding photos. Great to work with all around.

Sent on 12/13/2018

JOPHOTO's reply:

Thank you so much Molley! We loved being a part of your wedding and capturing the day for you and Daniel! It was such a beautiful wedding!