Jonathan Moeller Photography Reviews

131 | Princeville, HI

131 Reviews for Jonathan Moeller Photography

Stephanie · Married on 03/17/2015

By far the BEST photographer in Kauai! His work is amazing. We had a small destination wedding ceremony in Kauai and wanted great photos to take back to our family and friends in Texas. We are so glad we picked Jonathan to capture our special day. He was quick to respond to any questions we had, very professional and sweet. His editing skills are truly amazing; we were blown away with our photos as well as the amazing slideshow he made for our reception back home!!! They brought tears to everyone's eyes:). His love for what he does really shows in his work. I highly recommend Jonathan Moeller Photography!!!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Alison · Married on 02/20/2015

We could not have been more pleased with Jonathan's photos of our wedding. He captured the energy and beauty of our special day perfectly. We LOVE his work!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Julia · Married on 12/21/2014

Jonathan is amazing breathtaking photos, original and stunning. Not your average cookie cutter photographer. We got the top of the line package which included everything and for the price we paid he is worth every penny. It is VERY REASONABLE FOR EVERYTHING HE OFFERS. He was and still is very accommodating, easy going patient and kind. Very friendly and fun. Jonathan's service, WOW he's not about what he wants he is about what the bride and groom wants. I will defiantly recommend Jonathan Moeller Photography. Also, I will definitely be using his services again for all my important life moments that needs a photographer. He is simply amazing! If you don't go with Jonathan then you ain't got the best!

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • User5011920 · 2+ years ago

We decided to get married on Kauai and not in Germany where we come from. We compared the websites of all photographers
    on Kauai and we found Jonathan Moeller with most beautiful photos.
    We hired Jonathan to make photos of our wedding on Kauai and it was the best decision we made. His work is very professional and it made a lot of fun to work with him. We were concerned about the weather (clouds, rain...) but the photos we received are amazing and in a perfect quality. When we come back to Hawaii we will definitely contact Jonathan for more beautiful photos. We highly recommend Jonathan Moeller for anyone who wants to have perfect photos.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Danny · Married on 12/02/2014

Where do I begin? Jonathan's reviews speak for themselves, this man is in a class all his own. Seldom in life do we run across an artist that has the ability to take control and communicate on our level. Jonathan is kind, personable, and a gentleman. I am very picky and have high standards and expectations. Jonathan surprised and delighted my wife and I. Our photos are breathtaking and literally bring tears to the eyes of our friends and family. If you have any questions about getting married in Hawaii, call Jonathan, this guy will provide you with invaluable insight and make the whole process free of stress and fun. Weddings are supposed to be that way right? Jonathan has the best in photo gear and actually knows how to use it. I could go on and on, but you can stop and move on to other reviews all over the web. This is your guy, just call now so you'll get him for your special date!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Meredith · Married on 11/22/2014

Jonathan was the only part of our Hawaiian wedding that actually went 100% right and we loved him for it!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Jonathan's work exceeded my expectations. I hired him through a wedding planner while planning my elopement on Kauai and am so glad I did. My fiance and I love our gorgeous wedding photos on Ke'e Beach. I have already recommended Jonathan to someone I work with who is getting married in Princeville later this year. Highly recommend him if you are looking for a great photographer who can enhance how beautiful the natural backdrop of Kauai is!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Kristina · Married on 09/28/2014

We couldn't be happier and more grateful to have found Jonathan!!! He has done an excellent job capturing our special moment and emotions as well as an incredible Hawaiian sunset:) Everything went perfect, Jonathan is a true professional who is also passionate about what he does!
    I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER TO ANYBODY I KNOW AND ALSO TO PEOPLE PLANNING THEIR DESTINATION WEDDING, SPECIAL EVENT OR SIMPLY CELEBRATING A SPECIAL OCCASION IN KAUAI!!!
    Another thing I gotta mention is that we had to change our initial plan and location due to the weather conditions and Jonathan was very flexible and understanding, patiently waited till the last moment for us to tell him the exact location... THANK YOU!!! WE APPRECIATED IT VERY MUCH!

ALOHA and we hope we'll see you guys again soon :)
    Kristina & Andrea.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Caroline · Married on 09/24/2014

I love his work and love, love, love the pictures! I appreciated Jonathan's professionalism and his direction the day of the wedding.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Haley · Married on 09/22/2014

We could not be happier with the results. Jonathan was easy to work with and the pictures are amazing!! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Kristine · Married on 09/20/2014

I loved Jonathan's work when I came across his website on-line as I was looking for a photographer since I had a destination wedding. He came on-time to do my wedding prep shots. Then we got to the venue and Bammm he had all these creative ideas with my bridal party. We had so much fun having him directing us which was 6 hours of smiling. He showed us a sneak peek and I was like WOW its like the background was from a magazine. Of course don't forget to feed him since he's working hard. :)

Sent on 10/05/2014

jake · Married on 09/10/2014

Jonathan shot our destination wedding on Kauai; before selecting Jonathan, we reviewed the portfolios of at least a dozen other wedding photographers on the island. Jonathan Moeller photography was the clear choice - he takes gorgeous photos, and really knows how to incorporate the stunning scenery of the island into his images. He is also a consummate professional - great communication before, during, and after the event, and worked together seamlessly with the videographers also shooting our event. Jonathan Moeller photography gets my highest recommendation!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

My husband surprised me one afternoon before our wedding with the idea of getting professional photos taken on our honeymoon, and I absolutely loved the idea! We set about choosing a photographer, and after seeing several websites for photographers in Kauai that we felt lacked the sophistication and artistry we were looking for, we finally found Jonathan Moeller Photography. Our expectations were blown away when we got to experience the photo shoot. Jonathan truly captured the spirit of our romantic honeymoon so authentically and his photos show our love the way it really is. I think this is equally attributable to his talent in photography (especially his exquisite use of light) and to his personable working style which made it so comfortable to just "be us" in his presence. The day we received the link to our online gallery was such a good day. We loved seeing his work and being immediately "brought back" to beautiful Kauai. These photos will be loved for a lifetime. We highly recommend Jonathan Moeller for anyone who values truly masterful photography and desires for their relationship or special moment in life to be depicted authentically. We can't go back and live these actual moments again, but Jonathan Moeller, through his art, made it possible for us to see it as beautifully as it really was.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Mallory · Married on 08/16/2014

Jonathan Moeller is so talented and did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding photos. Highly recommended for stunning photographs!! Mahalo Jonathan and Tess!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Monica · Married on 08/12/2014

Jonathan was exemplary in every aspect of his service as our photographer for our wedding. From our first point of contact via email to the end our photo shoot, he was very professional, receptive, and energetic. Jonathan shot our intimate elopement ceremony for one hour, and during that time, he did an exceptional job at giving us direction for poses, and making us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. My husband and I had a lot of fun shooting with him because Jonathan guided us so well, and the session couldn’t have flowed more smoothly. What sets Jonathan apart from other photographers is when you shoot with him, you can sense that this isn’t just a job for him; he has a true passion for creativity and perfection. This is evident through the shots he is able to capture. A true wedding photographer artist is able to meet couples, sense their love, and turn it into the perfect shots that capture their love. As I look at Jonathan’s photos of my wedding that are now on the walls of my home, it brings me back to that day, and it’s so beautiful to see our relationship transformed into photos; our quirks, our personalities, and our love. I couldn’t ask for anything more out of a photographer, a true artist, and Jonathan is just that. Jonathan is incredibly talented and a pleasure to work with, and we give him the highest recommendation for your wedding photographer.

Monica and Tim Montes

Sent on 09/04/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/24/2014

We couldn't feel more blessed to have Jonathan photograph our wedding in Kauai! It can be so nerve racking to try to choose vendors for a destination wedding from far away, but from our first contact with him, he put us at ease, He was prompt, sweet, and calming and made my husband and I feel relaxed when getting our pictures taken (and we both dislike it, greatly :) though we only booked him a short time for our small, intimate wedding he really took his time to make sure he got all the right shots! I really can't recommend him enough! The sneak peek photos he sent us, were beyond beautiful! He is incredibly talented ! If you are looking for a photographer in Kauai, don't hesitate, he is THE ONE!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 07/23/2014

We chose Jonathan to photograph our ceremony after looking at his previous wedding photos on his website. His work is fantastic and he has an artistic eye for capturing stunning photographs! I knew I wanted him to capture the most wonderful day in our lives; and no one else.

Jonathan went past the amount of time we expected he would be photographing us; because of the beautiful setting of our ceremony (we got married at sunset at Hanalei Bay in Kauai) and his passion for creating beautiful photos. He was so comfortable to work with as well as being professional.

Our photographs are absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier. We have received so many comments on how beautiful our photographs are. Through them, we will always be able to live this day like it was yesterday!

I would highly recommend him and would hire him for more photography opportunities (even bring him to the mainland to do so). As I continue to look at new photos on his website, he continues to amaze me. LOVE HIS WORK! and we are very proud to have had him photograph our wedding!

Thank you Jonathan!
    Elizabeth and Michael

Sent on 10/07/2014

Scarlet · Married on 07/05/2014

Jonathan was an amazing photographer. Wonderful personality and extremely great to work with. I found Jonathan through wedding wire and thought his photos were stunning and artistic. I currently live in MA, but lived on the Big Island a majority of my life. I was planning my wedding from the east coast to get married at home. I contacted him right away, not realizing he lived on a different island until after I sent the email. Jonathan responded right away and was extremely bummed because I realized he was on a different island. Jonathan said that didn't matter and frequently took trips to various islands and was free on my wedding date. Without hesitation I booked him. I met with him the day of the wedding and showed him the ceremony site and reception area. We even snuck away during dinner to take more pictures of just my husband and I. His prices are EXTREMELY reasonable and should charge more for the amazing work he does. He showed me a few photos on his camera during the wedding and I was more than pleased. I am SOOOO excited to see the photos from our wedding on July 5. I would suggest jonathan for anyone who plans to get married. He's a great guy and does amazing work!! I highly suggest anyone to book weddings or any other events with him.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Mindy · Married on 07/02/2014

Jonathan was spectacular! He graciously helped us when our photography was tragically killed. I was stressed and upset, but he made us feel comfortable and at ease.

He met us a few days before the event to go over minor details. On the day of the event, he gladly went along with my family's craziness. Even when we told him I want to hitch hike to the ceremony. Talk about getting hitched!

He took the time to take all the photos we wanted and used the natural beauty of Hawaii to make our photos gorgeous. He had a knack for finding the right light and stopping to take advantage of all the little details that make a photo perfect. He showed us a few throughout the evening and we were beyond impressed. I can't wait to see all of them!

Jonathan felt right at home with our families. He even stayed a little longer to capture our cake cutting even though we were a bit behind schedule. I will definitely use Jonathan again for future photos on the island.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/28/2014

After we saw my cousin's beautiful wedding photographs, we knew we had to have Jonathan photograph our wedding. We loved his photographs so much, we had him fly from Kauai, Hawaii to our wedding location outside Philadelphia. He was absolutely incredible. He went to our wedding site before the event to scope out where to take photos so everything was seamless. He had so many creative ideas for photographs, even though I typically have difficulty taking pictures, I felt very comfortable. He put so much attention into each of his photographs, it was as though each one was a painted for hours. I feel fortunate to have had such a wonderful photographer for my wedding day!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/28/2014

Jon is an amazing photographer with an artistic eye. My wife and I just received our wedding photos and we are stunned by the results. There are so many incredible photos, we don't know how we will choose which ones to print, or find enough space in our house to display all of the photos we love. One thing especially unique to Jon is his ability to capture the emotions of different individuals. As we look back through our photos we truly feel like we are reliving the day because he captured the essence of everybody there.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Charlotte · Married on 05/25/2014

Jonathan was amazing! for a large part of our reception and ceremony we had no clue where he was, but he was off being very sneaky getting some amazing pictures! Jonathan showed us some previews of the pictures he captured and i cannot wait to see the actual photographs. The colors came out so incredibly vivid and he was even able to capture all of the colors in the rainbow on our wedding day and the sunset. His prices are wayyyyy to cheap for the work that he does. You should book him for your wedding before he realizes how much he is undercharging!

We have friends that are getting married on Kauai in Oct. of this year, and we've already sent them his information so they can be sure to book him too!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Laura · Married on 04/07/2014

There are so many wonderful photographers on Kauai so my now-husband and I were a bit overwhelmed when we began researching for our destination wedding/elopement. We are very, very happy we chose Jonathan!

He is such a talented photographer and so fun to work with. He knows the island extremely well and was happy to offer tips and recommendations to get us the best shots.

He was extremely responsive throughout the entire process and we couldn't be happier with our photos (besides being overwhelmed by which ones to choose to print -- we love them all!!!). He truly goes the extra mile. Thank you SO much!

Mahalo,
    Laura & Shane

Sent on 05/13/2014

Kirsten · Married on 03/27/2014

The photos are absolutely stunning! It was a great pleasure to work with Jonathan, he captured everything I hoped for! I can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Katie · Married on 03/26/2014

From the very beginning, when I contacted Jonathan a year before our destination wedding, he was wonderful to work with! He was always quick to respond to my e-mails and was very professional and friendly when I spoke with him on the phone. Jonathan and his assistants went above and beyond to capture our wedding day beautifully on film. We have so many stunning pictures that truly capture our love and fun moments from our wedding day. I have no idea which pictures we will frame because we love them all! Jonathan is a true artist and a very talented photographer. We were so lucky when Jonathan offered us videography services as he is looking into offering this service in the future (if this service is offered by Jonathan and his videographer Jon definitely pursue this option!). The trash the dress session we did with Jonathan was so much fun (we felt like we were hanging out with an old friend at that point) and we have even more amazing pictures from that session too! Jonathan's love of photography and passion for creating amazing images for his clients is present throughout all of his work. I would highly recommend Jonathan to any couple/family looking for photography in Kauai!

Sent on 06/06/2014