133 Reviews for Jonathan Ivy Photography

User Photos
todo alt text
todo alt text

I could not be happier with the way our engagement photos turned out!! I originally found Jonathan Ivy Photography while searching for locations to do engagement photos in Houston, and then when looking back, saw that all of the photos / locations were from the same photographer. From the moment I contacted Jonathan and Samantha, everything was SO easy. We wanted to capture shots all over Houston, and they were able to accomoodate EVERY SINGLE location which we wanted to shoot at, propose a mapped out route with exact times they would recommend spending at each location, etc. and it all turned out to be Perfect! I was worried it was going to feel awkward, but Jonathan makes you feel so comfortable and when you are "stuck" on what to do with your hands, etc. he knows exactly the way to suggest a "pose" without it looking too forced or pose-y. After our shoot day, they were so fast to deliver the photos, make the edits, and mail us our USB of pictures. It was so fun hanging out with Jonathan on our shoot day and getting to know Jonathan and Samantha through our email and in person interactions, and if we weren't getting married in Pennsylvania I'd totally have booked them for our wedding!! I would not hesitate to recommend these guys to any one in the area. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Reina, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

One word to describe our engagement photos, AMAZING! Our engagement photos and experience working with Jonathan exceeded our expectations. Without hestitation, I highly recommend Jonathan for all of your wedding and engagement photography needs.

Profile Picture Rikiya, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you are looking for the absolute best wedding photographer out there, then look no further because Johnathan Ivy Photography is for you! We could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding. He is amazing at catching those perfect moments and always has so many great ideas. Jonathan is one of the most talented photographers out there! We are completely obsessed with our wedding photos and have Jonathan Ivy to thank! I highly recommend their services!

Profile Picture Paige, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Quick email responses, BEAUTIFUL pictures, Jonathan was so fun the day of our wedding and we barely noticed him taking pictures when we were getting ready and in nice moments like the father daughter first look. They made us a beautiful album and got our pictures to us very quickly. He also made it so easy for us to get big group pictures that we thought would take forever but he was quick positioning everyone and getting all of the pictures we wanted done. Would highly recommend their services!!

Profile Picture Adriana, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot even begin to describe how fantastic Jonathan and Samantha are. She is by her phone and email at all times to answer any questions you may have, which is hard to find in a photographer.
On the day of my wedding, we apparently were on a time crunch and were running slightly behind schedule. I had no clue, why? Because Jonathan took control of the situation and made me feel so relaxed as if nothing was wrong, even though he knew we were running behind. I had a day of coordinator, but she was no where to be found at my hotel while getting ready. Jonathan took matters into his own hands, and I can't thank him enough!!! It would NOT have been the same without him there. He is not only the most talented photographer, but the most professional as well. His work will capture every moment of your wedding, and you won't even know he's there! The photos are unbelievable. I am beyond happy with all of my engagement and wedding photos. My husband loved him as well. I will definitely be using him for all of my future photos!
If you're searching for a great photographer for your wedding, look no further. He is the best!!!

Profile Picture Candice, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jonathan is funny and a true professional. He really tries to make sure you're at ease when you take your photos and let your personality shine, because let's face it- how often do you take these type of photos... the fiancee was nervous that he'd have to awkwardly pose or do something strange but we ended up having a ton of fun and the photos came out wonderfully! He told us that it would take two weeks due to it being peak season (two weeks is great speed for editing a ton of photos, IMO), and though we told him we were in no hurry (wedding is more than a year a way) he remained true to his word. We had a whirlwind of a photo session and I bet almost every location that we picked had something that was unexpected/obstacles (one side of the Water Wall was off, crazy Houston traffic lead us to lose a lot of daylight, our rooftop nighttime skyline view at a Downtown garage was closed to visitors, and more), but Jonathan worked with us to ensure a great session, and he even found us an additional location to shoot to take place of the one location we couldn't get to because he wanted us to be happy with our photos. He went above and beyond for us! I definitely recommend him if you're looking for a photographer to shoot your engagement photos and though I haven't gotten married yet the wedding photos I have seen him display on his blog are absolutely gorgeous. Samantha is also very helpful and professional and was able to answer all of our questions prior to the shoot.

Profile Picture User5507771, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

If your looking for amazing,take your breathe away pictures.....Don't look any further.....
Jonathan is the person to take them....I had been looking online around a year before my wedding and i would always look at his work.
Because of timing I couldn't use him for the ceremony and man do i regret it.
Look at his portfolio and you will fall in love.Him and Sam do an amazing job from the beginning to the end.

Profile Picture karen, 11/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Beautifully unique photos that you will thank yourself for choosing Jonathan Ivy photography. Wedding photos should be special and Jonathan ivy will do just that. The photographers are personal and will make you feel comfortable and the photos/album will exceed your highest expectations.

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jonathan and Samantha are incredibly helpful, sweet, talented, and professional! Jonathan is an amazing photographer and Samantha runs everything like a well-oiled machine! I absolutely loooove my wedding and engagement photos and have recommended Jonathan Ivy to several people already. The most impressive thing was that he could manage and tolerate my husband and his drunk groomsmen while shooting the wedding haha!

Profile Picture Elly, 2/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely love every wedding that we get to film alongside Jonathan and his team!! Truly one of the best teams in the industry. Samantha does such an incredible job of communicating and making sure not a thing is missed too! Detail focussed, incredibly fun, and they are dedicated to serving their clients with the highest quality of service! High integrity, high quality, HIGHLY recommended!

Profile Picture Clay, 1/10/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

An early piece of wedding planning advice I received that I took to heart was this: "Your wedding photographer is one of the main vendors you are going to work with the most throughout the entire planning process. Before your wedding for engagements and bridals, day of your wedding they should not leave your side, and afterwards getting back your images and making albums. If there's one vendor you need to truly love, it's your photographer." So knowing that, when I met and interviewed potential photographers it was important I found the right match. Jonathan Ivy and Samantha were that and much more for us. Samantha is a wealth of wedding knowledge and I have to give credit to her for some of my small touches I got so many compliments on. Jonathan is so amazing and talented. For our engagement photos, I requested to shoot at a new location for him. He went a couple days ahead of time and tested the lighting, angles, etc so that he was prepared for Jon and I! I was so impressed. His passion is one in a million that made me feel so special and that he truly cared about how our photos turned out. Samantha is extremely prompt on returning emails, texts, calls. My bridal portraits turned out AMAZING!! And we are beyond thrilled with our wedding photos, absolutely amazing. I could go on and on about their team but I'll leave it at this. You will NOT regret hiring Jonathan Ivy Photography. They were the best decision I made and can't wait to work with them again in the future! Love you guys and thank you for everything!!!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Highly recommend! He may be slightly more expensive than some, but the quality of his work is worth it! Your wedding pictures is not the area you want to try and save a buck! Awesome pictures!

Profile Picture User3811320, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amazing job! My matron of honor and I both used them for our weddings!

Profile Picture Kendal, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

For something so special as a wedding you should expect the best and THE BEST they are. I knew hiring Jonathan Ivy Photography was a good decision. I've followed their work for years always admiring the beautiful images they produce. But, what totally exceeded my expectations was just how perfect EVERYTHING turned out. From engagement pictures to bridal portraits to the actual day of the event we could not have been more pleased or delighted. The ease of scheduling and willingness to work with you to ensure the most perfect images was more than we could have ever asked for. Jonathan and Samantha are adorable and make you feel as if you've known them forever. Please stop looking and hire them. They are just too good not to.

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/16/15, 1 Review

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/16/15, 1 Review

Profile Picture User5249056, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jonathan took our engagement pictures, and I could not be more pleased with the results! The pictures came out amazing!!! The shoot was a blast! Jonathan was very nice, professional, and easy-going. We shot at three different locations and were able to change outfits multiple times, so we definitely had a wide variety of picture options to choose from. Samantha took care of coordinating everything for us - locations, dates, etc. She was very easy to work with and was willing to accommodate us with our schedules. We had a couple of mishaps along the way, and Samantha was more than understanding about rescheduling. She was also great about answering our questions and responding to emails. Awesome pictures, communicative, fun/easy-going...what more could you ask for from your photographer?! I would most definitely recommend this couple!

Profile Picture C., 3/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Finding the perfect photographer to document our special day was extremely important to me. I did a lot of research and read so many reviews about Jonathan Ivy and many other local photographers as well. We scheduled a meeting with Samantha and Jonathan and I knew within five minutes of meeting them that I had found our photographer. They were the first and last photographer we met with and have been such a pleasure to work with throughout this whole process. They are a husband and wife team and they work together seamlessly. Samantha handles all scheduling and is the one you will most likely be directly communicating with. She is amazing and totally on top of her game! She was always ready to answer every single question I had! And believe me, I had a lot of questions! She is so knowledgeable and extremely professional. She not only put my mind at ease, but she was always so prompt with her responses. I really appreciated her attention to detail and the fact that she responded to every e-mail so quickly.

Working with Jonathan at our photo shoots and at our wedding has been a pleasure. We had an engagement shoot, bridal portraits and he was with us on our special day. He is truly talented and easy to work with. I've just been in awe of his work. I can't even tell you how happy my husband and I have been with the photos Jonathan has taken. He captured so many precious moments and it is so amazing to watch him work. His eye for detail is incredible. He undoubtedly exceeded our greatest expectations! The gorgeous images he captured of us are priceless and will certainly be cherished forever.

I will recommend them to anyone and everyone that is looking for a fabulous photographer! We are so thankful to both Samantha and Jonathan for being such a lovely part of this special time in our lives! If you are looking for a wedding photographer, do not even hesitate to choose Jonathan Ivy Photography!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I used Jonathan Ivy for all of my wedding-related photos (engagements, bridals, and wedding), and I'm so happy with the results! Jonathan was the first and only photographer we visited when "shopping" for vendors, and we knew immediately that his photography style was exactly what we wanted. Jonathan really made an effort to make us feel comfortable and relaxed during our shoots, and encouraged us to get out of our shells when he knew it would make a really good picture. Jonathan and his team captured all of the big moments on our wedding day, and I felt assured that they wouldn't miss anything. We got a gorgeous wedding album that's both traditional and modern, with high quality prints and a really unique cover. Overall, we couldn't be happier with our decision to use Jonathan Ivy for our photos and would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Liza, 1/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our photos (engagement & wedding) are absolutely stunning! The photography was the MOST important to me on our big day. We researched photographers for days & it came down to two, but when we met with Jonathan & Samantha we didn't even want to meet with the other choice. They are so incredibly sweet, good people & SO talented. Samantha always replied to my emails super quickly, & she was always available & willing to help with other aspects of the wedding as she used to be a wedding planner herself (How sweet is that?!). Jonathan made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera (because let's face it, it's SO awkward at first). You can tell he takes his job very seriously, & I just can't say enough about how talented he is. I was pretty nervous to get my engagement photos back because I had the worst day, & then it ended up raining on us... but they were so beautiful. I can't believe how good they came out! We just received our slideshow of the wedding photos & I was in tears! He captured some incredible moments... and we are so happy to be able to hold on to them forever. I am so thankful that we found Jonathan & Samantha, and our 2nd photographer Sam was great as well!!! Our photos are perfection!

Profile Picture Briana, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Loved Jonathan and all of the fantastic photos he took of our big day. He was so fun to work with and produced incredible photographs. He and his wife also were incredibly responsive in answering all of questions and concerns. Great team - highly recommend.

Profile Picture User4534255, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jonathan and Samantha were the best!!! They were prompt with responding to every email and phone call and you could even ask them questions about non-photography related wedding things and they would have great suggestions for you. I have received soooo many complements on all of the photos that they took at our Engagement session, Bridal Portrait and Wedding. I will treasure these images forever!!! Thank you!!!!! Highly, highly, highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jonathan Ivy Photography was great! The pictures turned out beautiful! I am so thankful we chose them to capture our special day!

Profile Picture April, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring JIP was the best decision we made in the process of our wedding planning. We could not be happier with our engagement and wedding photos. They are absolutely stunning! Sam and Jonathan are professional and flexible. We did our engagement photos on a moment's notice because of weather and other travel issues.They were always trying to accommodate to our needs and make time for us. Anytime you have a question Sam will respond to your email within an hour. Quality people and quality work. We would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/7/14, 2 Reviews