Jonathan Ivy Photography Reviews

143 | San Antonio, TX

143 Reviews for Jonathan Ivy Photography

Jessica · Married on 02/11/2012

Jonathan and Samantha do not JUST arrive ready to photograph all of the important moments, they know how to interact with guests, other vendors and they know how to keep the schedule moving that takes pressure off the bride. We could not have been more pleased with their service. Their photos speak for themselves, but having them at the ceremony and the events surrounding it made our day run so much more smoothly.

Sent on 03/05/2012

Mandy · Married on 12/17/2011

Jonathan Ivy Photography was a great team to work with. We loved our engagements and our wedding pictures they captured for us. These are photos we will have forever and are thrilled with how they turned out. Jonathan and Samantha are very down to earth, kind and easy to work with. They make you feel comfortable and at ease. I would definitely recommend them to any bride! I plan to continue to use them for future family portraits:)

Sent on 01/10/2012

Pam · Married on 11/05/2011

Jonathan and Samantha were absolutely amazing! Our engagement pictures were relaxed and fun (and they were more than happy to incorporate our dog Teddy for some really memorable photos), my bridals were exactly what I wanted, and our wedding photos are more than I could have ever asked for. They took pictures of everything, capturing our personalities and our families and close friends. Even though the reception is a blur I have hundreds upon hundreds of candid photos to fill me in on what happened! Jonathan has a great talent and Samantha brings such a fun, creative side to the pictures. On top of it all they were both very responsive throughout the entire process and even recommended a great make up artist! I could honestly not recommend any photographer more than Jonathan Ivy.

Sent on 01/06/2012

Carlyn · Married on 10/14/2011

We absolutely love Jonathan Ivy Photography! They did our engagements, my bridals, and wedding photos and we couldn't be happier. They are great at making you feel relaxed during your photos and capture the greatest shots. Everyone said our photos look magazine worthy. Thanks JIP!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Alayna · Married on 10/08/2011

I don't think we could ever sufficiently thank Samantha and Jonathan for all they did to make our wedding so memorable. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from family and friends of the photos they took and the style in which they told our story, and we absolutely agree. (They also did our engagement photos and my bridals). For me, our wedding day was such a blur, despite my best attempts to slow things down so I could fix them in my mind. Until I looked at the photos (tons of them!), I was worried that I wouldn't be able to remember everything that happened that day. After looking at the photos, I am able to recall nearly every part of our wedding day with extreme clarity and feel the same emotion I felt that day. Jonathan and Samantha were super easy to work with, not only when taking photos, but whenever we had questions about anything in our contract, when to expect photos to be available, etc. They responded to emails almost immediately. Our photos were available really soon after our engagment shoot, bridal shoot, and wedding. I do not hesitate for a second to recommend Jonathan Ivy Photography - well worth it for such an important part of your wedding.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Joellen · Married on 09/10/2011

We used their photo booth and absolutely LOVED it! We specifically wanted their booth because they use a really cute tent rather than the rinky-dink set up that many of the other companies use. We had the tent/booth set up inside, but it would work well indoors or outdoors. Jonathan created a custom background for the photos that went perfectly with the wedding decor. They were a great vendor and very responsive.

Sent on 11/03/2011
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 07/16/2011

I absolutely LOVE Jonathan and Samantha! They did Engagements, Bridals, and Wedding photos for us, and I wouldn't have it any other way. My pictures are fantastic, and they put us all at ease while shooting. They not only put out a great product, but they are just really great people to work with. After my Bridals, I could not get back into the bathroom where I changed into my dress, so Samantha helped my mom change me out of my gown in a very dirty Barnes and Noble bathroom so it wouldn't touch the floor; now that's commitment!

I have zero regrets about paying more than I originally anticipated for a photographer. If I were to do it all over again, I would absolutely choose Jonathan Ivy Photography again without hesitation. My friends and family have had nothing but positive things to say, and I know my wedding day was captured beautifully.

I feel like I'm not doing them justice in my review ... just check out the blog, it speaks for itself. :)

Sent on 08/08/2011

Kelsey · Married on 07/03/2011

Aside from the actual venues, photography was the first thing we booked when planning our wedding because it was at the top of our priorities list. Jonathan & Samantha were the first and only photographers we met with as we were instantly blown away by not only the quality of their work, but also how personable and friendly they both are.

Their response time is absolutely amazing; I can't think of any instances where I had to wait longer than 24 hours to get a response for them (often, I got one within minutes!) They provide great direction during photo sessions and - most importantly - I absolutely love the end results of both our engagement and wedding photos. There's not a single one I don't love and I have no idea how to choose the best for an album!

In short - they do fabulous work and they are awesome to be around on your wedding day. Not much else a bride could ask for :)

Sent on 07/18/2011

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2011

Jonathan and Samantha are a great husband and wife team. They answered all of my emails within minutes. They were on time or early to every portrait session. We love the pictures and have received many compliments. They worked very efficiently the day of the wedding and we hardly noticed them at the reception. I would highly recommend Jonathan Ivy Photography.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Brooke · Married on 06/18/2011

Jonathan & Samantha are awesome! Love the photos! Love the ideas! I could not have asked for better people to work with. They communicated so well with me on all the details of my package. I can't say enough about them.

Just a recommendation for brides...Jonathan & Samantha are so willing to ensure you get what you want, so be sure to provide a detailed list of who you want and do not want in the photos. I wish my list would have been more detailed.

Sent on 08/09/2011

Valerie · Married on 06/10/2011

What can I say about Jonathan Ivy Photography? I LOVE them. They were a blast to work with from day 1. They truly enjoy what they do and I can't wait to have them do mommy and baby pictures in the future.

Sent on 07/15/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/21/2011

They did an awesome job and all of our pictures turned out awesome. I also loved the slideshows that they put together for you. This made it so easy to share pictures with family and friends. Everyone could look at the slideshow and see all of the best pictures. Jonathan and Samantha are really an awesome team. I wanted a creative photographer that would take pictures that were out of the ordinary and not just posed. All of our pictures were very natural looking and I was very happy.

• Madison

Madison · Married on 05/15/2011

Jonathan Ivy Photography does an excellent job! I did engagement pictures and full coverage for the wedding day with them! I loved all of my pictures and they completely captured the look I was going for as well as all of the details! My guests raved about all of my pictures! They are a great team, they are very organized, easy to get a hold of and they consistently deliver great photographs. They will go above and beyond your expectations! Pictures are one of the most important things you can leave with from a wedding and I am so glad I chose JIP to capture my day!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Jenny · Married on 05/14/2011

JIP did a wonderful job taking photographing our wedding. I wanted a photographer that would be in the background and not disrupt the ceremony with clicks and flashes. They really helped make the day go smoothly with their efficiency and command of group photos. The only regret I have is not having the second photographer through the entire reception. We really appreciated the guidance and experience they were able to offer. Overall, I was very pleased with the photographs and will enjoy looking at them for the rest of my life.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Dana · Married on 05/07/2011

What a WONDERFUL bunch to work with. Jonathan captured the very essence of the whimsicalness of my daughter's wedding. The photos are amazing. I can't say enough about the quality of the work or the people. Keep up the great work!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Ali · Married on 05/07/2011

EXCELLENT photography couple! They were both professional and did a wonderful job grasping the vision I had for my photographs and executed them beautifully. Highly recommend :)

Kendra · Married on 04/16/2011

Absolutely LOVE everything from the engagement pictures to the bridals to the hundreds of awesome pictures that were captured at our wedding day.

Jaclyn · Married on 04/09/2011

Where to begin with Jonathan and Samantha...for starters, I have known Jonathan since we attended private school and while we did not stay in touch I knew he was a trusted vendor to use. Over the years, I kept an eye on his budding career and I was very excited to contact him within weeks of getting engaged. I knew he was a man with great morals and character.

I was definitely not disappointed with choosing Jonathan Ivy. Since the wedding, I have had so many compliments on the quality and creativeness of all our pictures and slideshow. I am in love with all 1200! However, other feedback we received that I feel is unusual is what Jonathan and Samantha added as a couple...how well they work together, how personable/friendly they are and how much they seem to enjoy their jobs. I have been in several weddings and haven't seen that displayed in other photographers.

Another, added bonus they offer is the efficiency and direction of Samantha. I did not have a wedding planner, but I sure felt like it with Samantha around. Not only did I look to her for wedding day timing, but she even bustled my dress before the reception. I can't emphasize how much I relied on her that day - she was wonderful.

There are so many vendors who APPEAR to have great pricing, but after reading the fine print you realize they are SUPER expensive. Jonathan Ivy is not one of those vendors. We received so much more coverage time than most photographers offer in their basic packages and all the rights to our pictures (which is something that likes to show up in fine print).

Lastly, Jonathan Ivy is based in Dallas and we are in Houston. When we booked, I had some concerns...how difficult would it be to schedule engagement/bridal pictures, travel costs and email response time. All my worries were for nothing. I got to pick my dates around our schedule as if they were based here in Houston, travel costs were well worth the finished products and Samantha responds within 30 minutes...never more than a day, which is essential when you are a bride-to-be!

Overall, booking Jonathan Ivy was a wonderful decision and I would definitely recommend them to any brides looking for a reliable and creative photographer!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Jaclyn, thank you so so so much for your sweet words! We had SO much fun with you all at your beautiful wedding! I'm so glad to hear that yall had as much fun with photos as we did.

April · Married on 04/01/2011

Jonathan Ivy Photography might have been our favorite vendor! Photography was of a top priority for us, so when we sat down with Jonathan and Samantha to discuss what we were looking for and expected, it didn't take long to see that we all got along great together! Jon offered my groom a beer and he was hooked. :) They were very easy to work with, extremely prompt with communication, and had lots of ideas for creative shoots. Plus, they were very open to trying new locations and adding in my out-of-the-box ideas and making them more fabulous than I could have imagined! We are in the process of scheduling a Trash the Dress session, and I'm sad because I don't want this to be the last time we see each other! I would hire Jon and Sam again, in a New York minute!

Sent on 04/27/2011

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

April you rock! Thank you for inviting us to be a part of your special day! Your wedding was so much fun! And we still have more fun to have, we can't wait.

Jenni · Married on 11/27/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography did an amazing job on our engagement, my bridal and our wedding pictures!! I absolutely LOVE all of our pictures....I have so many favorites! Jonathan and Samantha are very professionl and are so fun and easy to work with! They had so many great ideas and they captured everything and more at the wedding! Our wedding slideshow is so beautiful and fun to watch. Our family and friends love it too!! They do awesome work and I hope we can use them again in the future!

Sent on 12/12/2010

Jacqueline · Married on 11/13/2010

Jonathan and Samantha went way beyond their call of duty for our daughter's wedding photos. The bridal party could have never made it down the aisle if it weren't for Samantha's Day Of Coordination. I have heard it said before that the photographer has the hardest job. Making everyone look happy and relaxed, and keeping all of the particulars organized. As the mother of the Bride, I was completely relaxed knowing that they would take care of it all. Then, when we were able to enjoy the photographs on his wonderful slideshow, we knew that we had made the right choice. Fabulous

Sent on 01/20/2011

Chelsea · Married on 10/23/2010

Overall the experience was excellent! Jon and Samantha were very accommodating and easy to work with. In particular, I really appreciate Samantha helping move the events of the night along so that all of the special moments we had planned on actually happened and were photographed!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Andrew · Married on 10/10/2010

I knew Jonathan and Samantha prior to asking them to photograph our wedding so I already knew that the service was going to be exceptional. What I was unprepared for was just how out of this world exceptional their service would be. They were beyond helpful as we sluggishly figured out what services we needed and planned for out big day. The pictures they took during the bridals are some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen, and as for the day of the wedding, wow.
    They showed up on time, with a plan, and we knew exactly what to expect. The photos taken that evening are breathtaking, if not for some of the pictures I would probably never remember the moments. From planned photos to all the candid shots, everything they captured on camera will help to remind us for the rest of our life how wonderfully we started off our life together.
    I would not have to think for even a second before recommending Jonathan Ivy Photography to anyone looking to get the best, professional photography for their special event. They are such wonderful people, and only care about making sure that you, the customer, get exactly what you want from your day. I can never thank them enough for what they have provided to us and I do not have to wish, I know they will continue to be continually blessed and successful throughout their career.

Sent on 10/24/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Oh my Alec, we are speechless. We are so thankful that yall enjoy the photos and that they are everything you want and need. Thank you so much for allowing us to be apart of your beautiful wedding. Stef is absolutely your perfect girl!

Shelley · Married on 10/10/2010

I had the absolute best experience with Jonathan Ivy Photography! They are so energetic and excited about taking beautfiul photographs. I am more blown away after seeing my pictures than I expected to be. They do not put the camera down for a second and because of that, they capture the most perfect memories! Thank you guys for making my wedding amazing!!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Christina · Married on 10/09/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography:

Wow. Where do I even begin? I am the happiest bride ever! From our amazing engagement photo session, to helping us with our save the date magnets and our memory book, to my stunning bridal portraits, our photo booth surprise (best looking booth I have ever seen at a wedding btw), and all of our amazing wedding day photos...I have so many wonderful memories, it's hard for me to pick a favorite. Not only is the quality of their work fantastic but they are so flexible! They work with you on your schedule, make sure they ask if you want any more angles or ideas, and they are even there to help zip you up into your dress! This couple really gets what wedding photography is all about and goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and happy! Not to mention, they are easy to get in touch with and they get your photos back to you in a timely manner. I have to say that I consider photography a very important investment for my special day and Jon and Samantha Foster have an eye and passion for what they do. They were a joy to work with. I will higly recommend them to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say. Zack & Tina thank you so much for welcoming up into your wedding. You had a beautiful wedding and it was our pleasure to be able to celebrate and capture your amazing moments. Thank you!