Jon Ardito Entertainment Reviews

80 | Philadelphia, PA

80 Reviews for Jon Ardito Entertainment

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2016

We could not have been happier with Soul City Shakedown for our wedding! After looking online at countless bands, speaking with a few band managers on the phone and going to a few showcases, it became painfully obvious that finding the right band for us was going to be a challenge. Then we came across Soul City Shakedown. We immediately were drawn to their musical style and energy!.
    During the entire planning process leading up to the wedding, Jon was always available if we had questions and guided us through the entire pre-wedding band 'to dos'. When we had questions or needed song suggestions, Jon provided us his guidance in these matters and/ or reached out to the band members for their advice. He really helped us iron out the final details. For the wedding reception, we went with the 6 piece band and had Charlie play the guitar during the ceremony. For the cocktail hour, we used a grand piano at the venue and a saxophone. As we got closer to the wedding date, we realized we also wanted to utilize the grand piano as the guests arrived. Jon was more than happy to accommodate this last minute request.
    From a song perspective, Jon and band were able to play almost all of our requests (and we had several!). From the time they started playing during our reception until the end of the night, they had everyone on the dance floor. They performed such a wide range of music- from jazz to pop to oldies to soul, they did it all! We are still getting compliments from our guests on how amazing Soul City Shakedown was at our reception. If you are looking for a wedding band who is professional, on time, sounds great, cares about making sure your wedding music is exactly what you want it to be, then this is the band you should book! From how easy it is to work with Jon, to how much they bring to the table for your wedding, there really isn’t anything else you could ask for in a wedding band. We would book them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2016

Working with Jon Ardito Entertainment was very easy and smooth. Jon is very personable and reliable. Within about one week I had spoken to him about the musicians available, their styles, and their costs, we booked! Pricing worked well in our budget. We had the AWESOME and very talented Charlie Hannagan for four hours at our reception. I was confident and worry-free which is exactly what you need on your wedding day. Thank you Jon and Charlie!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 07/30/2016

We booked Soul City Shakedown with the full band including the horns section for our 200-person wedding in July 2016 and it could not have been a more awesome night! Our entire experience planning the music with Jon Ardito was top notch, not to mention really fun! JAE learned a number of new songs for us, even in our favorite genre (Alt Rock) and each one was played better than the next. Outside of our requested songs, the mix of older and newer songs with plenty of wedding favorites in there, was perfect. I recommend trusting JAE with the set list as they really know how to feel out the vibe of a wedding and crowd. Our guests were blown away. I've received multiple wedding cards since our wedding with notes that our band "was amazing." People couldn't stop dancing! At the end of the night our guests even requested an encore and Soul City Shakedown was kind enough to oblige, bringing the house down with an awesome rendition of Outkast's "Hey Ya." Go see Soul City Shakedown play at one of their music showcases and book this band! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Kate · Married on 07/16/2016

JAE was amazing! Jon and DJ Royale were so much fun to work with. Jon was great about organizing everything with our venue and made it a really easy and seamless experience for us. They had everyone at our wedding out on the dance floor and definitely had a great feel for playing music that pleased our guests. I saw some of my friends/relatives out there that I've never even seen dance before! 5 stars- Would definitely recommend for anyone who is looking for wedding music or DJ!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Melanie · Married on 07/02/2016

We loved working with Jon and the crew. They were totally wonderful in including everything we asked for into the ceremony, cocktail and reception. We also greatly appreciated that they worked so nicely with a secondary act (a Russian band- we had a Russian-American wedding). We can't thank Soul City Shakedown enough for helping to create our perfect wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Janeen · Married on 07/01/2016

We used Jon Ardito entertainment for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on 7/1/2016 at Mendenhall Inn. Jon was amazing to work with through the entire process. He was so on top of everything. I had to chase almost all of my other vendors, but Jon was always the one contacting us with the next step. He was so easy to work with and offered us such great suggestions and made us feel so at ease. We thought that a band may be out of our price range, but Jon worked with us and never pressured us. The musicians were so professional. Our guests had so much fun with the music that the band played and so many people commented on how great they were. We would definitely recommend them! Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Megan · Married on 06/18/2016

Jon and his team were such a pleasure to work with! He was attentive and always responded to my emails within a day or two, which was very much appreciated and I had found not always the case with my other vendors. The day of the wedding he and his team were very professional and kept the music going from the moment the festivities began to the very end! We had multiple guests comment on how great they thought the music was and asked for their contact info. I would highly recommend them to anyone! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

John · Married on 05/28/2016

You cannot have a great wedding reception without great music—and Soul City Shakedown certainly delivered! With the big sound of its brass section to the mesmerizing vocals of its singers, this band had all our guests dancing all night! Besides its unrivalled raw musical talent, Soul City Shakedown has something that all the other wedding bands we saw lacked…Passion! This passion is what elevated the music and the experience our guest had to the next level. In fact, it was readily apparent to our guests that the band was having just as much fun as they were!!

Not only did the elite members of Soul City Shakedown have passion for the music and the performance, they also had passion for their clients. This wasn’t just another paid wedding gig for the band; from the start Jon Ardito, the band’s manager and drummer, showed us that he cared about us and our experience by providing first rate customer service. He was extremely responsive, flexible, and always put my fiancée and I first. Jon made it his mission to go the extra mile to ensure each and every detail of our reception was perfect. For example, the band learned several new songs to ensure we heard all our favorite tunes at our reception.

We wholeheartedly recommend Soul City Shakedown to any couple looking for an accommodating, passionate, and highly talented band that will certainly deliver an unforgettable reception.

Sent on 06/22/2016

J · Married on 05/07/2016

My experience with JAE (Soul City Shakedown) was absolutely 5* service from beginning to end! They performed at our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception for our wedding. We selected them after watching their showcase in downtown Philadelphia, so we had a little preview of what we would experience on our wedding day for the reception. They absolutely made our wedding one of the funnest nights of our lives! People raved about the band, and said it was one of the best weddings they had been to. (Of course, they all say that...but people were genuine about it!) Jon did a great job keeping me on schedule, as things can run a little behind when you're doing a DIY wedding without a planner. Who needs a planner? Jon gave me 1,000 tips before the wedding so that we would be prepared on the day of, and it was super helpful. If you want to make your wedding a PARTY where everyone leaves feeling like they should have paid to be there....book JAE as your band! It was well worth the money we added to our budget for a live band!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Jenna · Married on 04/02/2016

Jon and his team were amazing! This was one of the first vendors I booked right after we set the date. Jon took his time evaluating the space and what we wanted out of our wedding to match us with an amazing pianist and DJ! From start to finish I don't have any complaints and would use Jon again!!!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Jonathan · Married on 02/13/2016

My wife and I could not have been happier with Jon Ardito and DJ Love City as our wedding DJs. These guys were true professionals, worked with us before our wedding us to make sure the music set list was perfect, and kept the party going all night. We had three rooms we had to set up (ceremony, cocktail, and reception), and Jon and his team did an amazing job DJ all of those rooms perfectly. They did a great job knowing exactly what songs to play to make the dance floor pop. I could not recommend these guys enough as they created the perfect soundtrack to our wedding!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Leigh · Married on 01/09/2016

I worked with Jon Ardito Entertainment for my mom's surprise 60th in January - and her friends are STILL talking about it, well mostly the band! We had to extend the party because no one (myself included) would stop dancing! Each song was better than the next.

I talked with Jon to determine what vibe we were going for and what kind of music my parents and their friends like...and he did the rest! He was very responsive and thoughtful throughout the whole process. He booked Soul Shakedown for the event and they were, simply put, absolutely amazing. They were punctual, professional, and well dressed.

Overall, amazing experience!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Jon Ardito Entertainment is an excellent source for professional music support for your wedding events. Jon, the owner, is a musician himself and knows the music scene in Greater Philadelphia as well as anyone. He will customize a package for your big day that is sure to fit your needs and wants - JAE's greatest strengths are two-fold: access to an extremely wide array of musicians; and the flexibility to build your own plan. For example, JAE provided us with Scott (an outstanding pianist) for our small ceremony and a big 'piano bar' session to kick off our restaurant reception, and then lined up Adrian Hardy, one of the most popular DJs around, for our reception. Jon personally arranged for lighting and sound support throughout.

Planning was easy, relaxed, and totally responsive to our interests. JAE met us where, when, and how we needed them. We loved the ability to describe what we wanted and have options provided, as opposed to having to plan around something fixed. Locations, length, and style are entirely up to the bride and groom. Last but not least, the value was outstanding - especially important in an era when wedding-related expenses are so inflated and couples seek to have a great time while being pragmatic!

If you want to work with someone who knows the music industry, the event industry, and is in tune with the interests and styles of today's marrying couples - go to Jon Ardito Entertainment.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center used Jon Ardito Entertainment's band "Soul City Shakedown" for our big Clambake BBQ event this summer. Being our first time working together, and using him for such a huge event we were extremely pleased. The music was perfect for the event and even got our customers up and dancing out of their seats. He is extremely accommodating and whenever we need last minute entertainment he always finds a way to make it work for us. If you're looking for a great time at an affordable price, this is the perfect band & entertainment company for you!

Sent on 09/04/2015

We had Soul City Shakedown perform at our wedding and i had people asking for weeks after who our band was. They kept the party going all night long and no one wanted to leave afterwards. They were great with following our "must haves" and "leave offs" but kept the anticipation up with some fun surprises here and there. Jon Ardito Entertainment was super flexible and easy to work with; they made sure our band and lists were custom done to our requests and were great with answering our questions. Certainly worth the value but still affordable in our minds. Thank you JAE!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Dan · Married on 06/06/2015

what an amazing wedding thanks to JAE, time of my life. i could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Maureen · Married on 05/22/2015

Danced the Night Away

If I could give them more stars I would. I was recommended Soul City through a friend, and I will keep recommending them as they were just the best.
    Jon and his band, Soul City Shakedown, made our wedding night a night to remember! It has been almost 6 months since we got married and our family and friends are still talking about the band. They made the wedding for us, they were full of charisma, and high energy. We had two members playing during cocktail hour, then we had a 6-8 piece band for the remainder of the night. My mom and I did a choreographed dance with multiple songs and they nail it for us. They know how to engage the crowd and kept our dance floor packed all night long! Jon and his team were the easiest vendor I’ve ever worked with and truly made our wedding night the night the best, and most fun, night ever! When we do a 10 year reunion we will be sure to hire them again.

Sent on 03/13/2019

My husband and I had a fantastic experience with Soul City Shakedown at our Wedding! Their sound, energy, and professionalism were incredible! They played all the music we wanted and more! I’ve been too a number of weddings and Soul City Shakedown is by far one of the best Wedding Bands I’ve heard. Working with Jon Ardito was also a pleasure. He helped my husband and I pick out songs to play and did an excellent job at coordinating and organizing the band for our big day! I’d highly recommend Soul City Shakedown, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/04/2014

Soul City Shakedown is beyond fabulous! All of the musicians are very talented and great performers, the whole night was a blast. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night enjoying the music! All of our guests still comment on how amazing the band was. They were extremely organized, professional, and knew what questions to ask to make our night perfect! I highly recommend Soul City Shakedown!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Peter · event on: 07/05/2014

We had Jon play for us at two parties, they were awesome. Especially when we lost power during a storm and for 20 minutes we were without electricity, they improvised and played on acoustic guitars. They brought the house down. Highly recommend

Jeff · event on: 06/18/2014

John played for my restaurant every wedensday for years. When unable to make a gig he made sure that there was always someone up to par to fill in.

Mark · Married on 11/12/2013

Soul City Shakedown was everything we wanted and more. JAE was so flexible with the preparations and the band were clearly masters of their instruments. The process was very professional but also fun. Probably the only vendor that provided a seamless experience. Our friends have already booked them for their wedding next year and we will continue to refer them to anyone in need of a wedding band.

Sent on 01/25/2016
  • sarah

sarah · Married on 08/01/2013

This band is top notch! Not only is Jon extremely professional and easy to work with, the band is full of energy and play all of the top 40 hits as well as the classics that you love hearing at weddings. In my opinion, they are one of the best bands in the tri-state area. I highly recommend them, you will really enjoy your experience!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Kate · Married on 12/31/2012

What a great band! Jon is professional, accommodating, and wiling to go the extra mile for the bride and groom. Their music is excellent and they kept the party going all night!

Sent on 06/18/2017

For our non-typical wedding music arrangement, Soul City Shakedown exceeded our expectations in every way. We had a reception with 2 bands for 2 different types of music - a traditional Serbian music group to handle the customary songs of my wife's heritage, and Soul City Shakedown to rock it out for everything else. Not only did they take the time to get to know (and perfect) our custom song list, they coordinated with our other music group to transition seamlessly between music sets and genres. Our dance floor was jumping all night long - this group is exceptional.