Clearwater Jolley Trolley Reviews

60 | Clearwater, FL

60 Reviews for Clearwater Jolley Trolley

Jelaine · Married on 12/02/2012

3.0

Jolley Trolley was a cute and unique addition to our wedding. It worked out to be much cheaper than a limo for our large bridal party. When the trolley first picked us up the air conditioning we paid for was not working but during our ceremony they changed it out for one that did work.

I was pleased with their timeliness and friendliness

Sent on 12/12/2012

Angie · Married on 10/19/2013

3.5

I'm so glad we booked the Jolley Trolley for our entire wedding party! We had lots of fun, it fit our vintage, theme, and we were able to provide transportation between the hotel, the ceremony, and the reception. Unfortunately there was one last hot spell of weather (almost 90 degress!) so with the open air trolley, it was quite warm when idle. The Jolley Trolley was very accommodating with our ever changing schedule and arrived to all locations promptly. We also have some great photo ops that would not have been possible without the trolley.

Sent on 11/07/2013

4.2
      3.5

We recently hired Jolley Trolley to charter guests to and from our wedding ceremony & reception locations. We wanted to give our guests both an experience & a memory, not just a ride. Jolley Trolley helped us do just that. The guests found the ride to be enjoyable and unforgettable. Benny was a wonderful chauffeur. He was flexible, accommodating, and professional.

Sent on 04/10/2014

3.5

We hired Jolley Trolley thinking it would be a cute way to escort our wedding party and family around town. We had pleasant dealings with the owners, and I was satisfied with their service and responsiveness. Unfortunately, the particular trolley we got was wet and very dirty inside. It was raining that day, but the whole trolley was rather grimy wasn’t the “cute” experience I had envisioned. Our driver was great and very helpful and understanding when we went over our time due to the weather and traffic, but I wasn’t very happy with the trolley itself. Further, I was told it would seat 35 people, but 35 people was extremely uncomfortable, and really could only accommodate about 20. Further, there are big ugly ads on the sides of the trolleys, so I would recommend spending the few extra bucks for the wedding decorations they provide to cover the ads (which I did not do because I thought the trolley itself would be great and did not realize it would be covered with ads).

Sent on 05/13/2014

Ashley,

We do apologize that your experience with the Jolley Trolley was not up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on being the premier vendor for transportation in the Tampa Bay area and go to great lengths to insure that we handle each event personally and professionally. All trolleys are cleaned and mechanically checked before being sent on any charter. Please know that anything less than pristine does not meet our expectations. The inclement weather must have contributed greatly to the overall negative appearance.
    With regards to the seating capacity issue, I have reviewed your charter file with our office personnel and it appears that all of our paperwork indicates that you requested an open trolley. The seating capacity for all of our open trolleys is 30, 5 less than the air conditioned trolleys. Perhaps we failed to properly differentiate between the two trolleys in our communications. If that is the case we again deeply apologize.
    Due to nostalgia of “San Francisco style trolleys”, many of our wedding couples like the signs that are present on our trolleys. For those who find them distasteful, we offer the option of leasing generic congratulatory banners. Both of these options are certainly personal preference. We extend the offer to our couples to visit the Jolley Trolley, if logistically possible, prior to their charter to actually touch, feel and experience the trolleys.
    We are grateful that you selected the Jolley Trolley for your wedding day and are pleased that your overall experience was a good one. Your feedback will be used to improve training and preparation for future events. We hope that you will consider the Jolley Trolley for any future group transportation needs. Congratulations on your wedding.
  • Krystal

Krystal · Married on 02/19/2011

3.5

I love the Jolley Trolley, but our driver wasn't too thrilled with my rowdy groomsmen. I tried to calm everyone down, but the driver just didn't seem pleased with us all day. The trolley ride was super convenient for getting our guests to the ceremony and reception and home again at midnight. The price was also cheaper than I had anticipated. Definitely look into them!

Sent on 02/27/2011

Mallory · Married on 03/20/2010

We used the jolly trolley for our wedding, and it was a fun and unique way to travel.
    My only complaint is the advertising on the side of the vehicles, not great for pictures, and our driver seemed unaware of the plans we had made.
    Minor issues though, and I would recommend this for other brides. It was a unique and more open way to travel

Sent on 01/24/2011
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 02/23/2019

2.2
      2.0

Not so Jolley for daughters wedding!!

I would only recommend for you to use Jolley Trolley during off seasons! The problem was the traffic and the fact that Jolley Trolley didn't take this into consideration and have their driver leave much earlier for our daughter's wedding. This is probably the one and only regret that we have for our daughter's wedding.
    We hired Jolley Trolley to do three things: Pick up the Groom and Groomsmen from the Holiday Inn in Clearwater Beach and drive them the 3 minute drive to Sand Key Park. Then after dropping them off, drive the 1 minute drive to Sheraton Sand Key Hotel to pick up the Bride and bridesmaids and drop them off at Sand Key Park for the wedding. We also requested that any guests that were ready to hop on the trolley to go to the wedding at the same time as the wedding party could jump on too.....We also hired them to take our guests from the wedding reception that evening back to four hotels that they were staying at close there to Sand Key Park.
    I must say that before the wedding, it was quite easy working with the ladies in the office and setting up this service. It was a pleasure working with them and I trusted that all would go well come the day of the wedding.
    What I was not aware of, considering we live in Illinois and this was a destination wedding for our daughter, was the TRAFFIC!
    Due to traffic issues in and around Clearwater, the Jolley Trolley was over 50 minutes late picking up the groom and groomsmen to drop them off at the wedding. It was so bad that a couple of them along with our two officiants had to just catch an Uber instead of waiting for the Trolley. Due to the Trolley being so late, our photographer was never able to even capture this part of my daughters wedding in photos. The photographer could not continue to wait for the trolley. So we have NO photos of the groom and his groomsmen on the trolley on the way to the wedding. NEVER can fix this!
    So because the driver was stressed out after being "stuck on the causeway due to traffic" he was not very nice at all!! He was very rushed, rude and just overall not nice.
    My daughter's wedding was delayed due to our issued with the Trolley! I was so beyond worried and stressed that my daughter would have to walk down the street to get to Sand Key Park for her own wedding due to the terrible delay of the Trolley.
    Again, because the Trolley was late picking up my daughter and her bridesmaids we have NO fun professional photos of this event! Just look at their website....other brides have really neat wedding day photos with the Trolley! My daughter has NONE!!! There was no time for the photographer to stick around, she had to leave and go to the beach to be prepared for the wedding to start. This is such a shame.
    I paid the extra $150 to decorate the inside of the Trolley for it NOT to be enjoyed by my daughter. NO PICTURES!!! No pictures to ever have like the Jolley Trolley website shows! This was ALOT of money to hire the trolley to not have good memories and NO photos!
    The driver came back again at the end of the night to take people back to the hotels from the reception. Again, he was NOT in the mood to deal with the terrible traffic there in Clearwater Beach. He was agitated with the guests because he was "running late" once again due to not being able to go back and forth as quickly as he had planned. I had to even pay him extra cash on the spot so that he would take the remaining guests to their hotels at the end of the wedding reception.
    I suppose that this would be a wonderful wedding memory had there been no traffic. We surely believe that this company should be aware of the seasonal traffic patterns in Clearwater and plan accordingly. The only sad and stressful event of the whole evening. We have heard nothing from the company with regards to this issue. So Sad!!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Ms. Logan,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues that you encountered with your daughter’s wedding trolley. We take great pride in the positive reputation that we have built by providing exemplary customer service, reliable equipment and timeliness in the service we provide.
    I have tried multiple time to reach you by phone and email with no success or response from you. A thorough investigation has been conducted with the following findings:

- The charter contract, signed by you, shows a pickup time of 4:45pm with an end time of 10:00pm

- The trolley GPS confirms that our driver was leaving the Holiday Inn with the first group at 4:40pm.

- Multiple trips are reflected on the GPS from the Sheraton to Sand Key Park until 5:26pm

- The driver returned to Sand Key Park at 7:40pm and then pulled up to the Boardwalk at 7:55pm, per your request of an 8:00pm return.

- The GPS shows the shuttle continuing with the last group of guests being dropped off at the Sheraton at 10:32pm.

- The contract showed an end time of 10:00pm. Per the contract, you were given the option to extend the charter at the rate of $50.00 per ½ hour, payable to the driver in cash.

- And our driver contacted you prior to the charter and reviewed the itinerary.

Based on these findings, it appears that we were not late and followed what was agreed to in the contract throughout the entire charter. If you have contrary information, please let us know, as we are anxious to resolve this. You can reach me in the office Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30am until 6:00pm by phone or by email.

Deborah Jones

Mary · Married on 09/09/2017

1.4
      1.0

I was planning on getting married in Tampa on September 9th! Because of Hurricane Irma, I was forced to have my wedding a day early with no reception since everything was closed. Jolley Trolley refused to give any refund although Florida was in a state of emergency and there were mandatory evacuations. Although the agreement stated that there would be no refunds based on weather, a major hurricane , the likes of which haven't been seen in over a decade and forces evacuations, seems a little different. Don't waste hundreds of dollars on this. They were the ONLY vendor that refused to give some sort of refund. This shows what sort of company they are. Putting profit over safety. Is this the sort of company you want to do business with?

Sent on 09/15/2017

Clearwater Jolley Trolley's reply:

I want to take this time to address your concerns. We would have been more than willing to discuss this situation had you reached out to us. Our agreement that you signed states no refund will be given due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. You called on Wednesday, September 6 to cancel your charter for Saturday, September 9. We did not refuse to help you out, we graciously let you know that we would give you an opportunity to use your charter on another date for up to one year. You could use the charter yourself or transfer it to a family member or friend just by letting us know. Our public route service didn’t suspend service until Saturday in the PM as well as most other public transportation companies. All of our charters still had the ability to be used as many people were still continuing with their scheduled plans. I welcome a conversation with you to get you set up to use your charter credit as we will continue to hold this credit for you for up to a year.

1.0

We called for pricing and they were rude and overpriced. We ended up using a luxury 28 person bus for the bridal party and a separate luxury getaway car for the bride and groom. It was not only less money but much more elegant.

Sent on 01/16/2015

bob · Married on 09/10/2016

0.8
      0.5

Complaint Description:
    They did not provide the service they were contracted to perform .They also ran me around for months and then did not refund the cost of the services. I hired jolly Trolley to handle the transportation for my son's wedding .We had 2 family members in electric wheel chairs so we made sure the trolley had a wheel chair ramp .I was with the bridal party and got a call that the wheel chair function did not work .One of the bridal party found a contactor to transport our guests to the event and back to the hotel .The charge was $200. I gave James the $200 and he paid .I was in the middle of the wedding and I did not get a receipt . I called jolly trolley no less than 10 times and the said they would look into it .After months they refused to reimburse me Because I did not have a receipt .It is not the money ,but the principal .They should have done more than pay the $200 it was a major problem that they caused . It is important for others to know how they treat their customers. BD Treasure Island Fl CEO

Sent on 08/31/2017

Clearwater Jolley Trolley's reply:

We are sorry that you felt disappointed by our service. This charter was from back in September 2016. Bob waited until after the first of the year in 2017 to call in and complain that he wanted to be refunded for the use of a wheel chair van. All our trolleys are ADA equipped. If the wheel chair lift on the trolley wouldn’t have worked our driver would have called in to the shop to have a new trolley brought out to them and that was not the case. The driver of the charter said no one approached her in a wheel chair and she had no issues that night that everything went great. Bob was asked who he used and if he had a receipt to show for the rental. He said the people at the community center called someone for him and that he paid them in cash. We reached out to the Community Center and they had no recollection of this happening. So, upon reaching back out to him for more information we were told he gave the money to Daniel who was in the wedding party and he went out and paid for the rental. Once again, we asked if he could just tell us a name of who he used so that we could call and try to verify the rental we were told he doesn’t know who it was that he gave James who was also in the wedding party the money to pay for it. Bob could not give us any information as to who to contact to get any details. There is no information that this charter had an issue with the wheel chair lift and Bob couldn’t give us any kind of information to confirm his complaint so that is why we did not offer any kind of refund to him. We checked our shop and driver records for the day before, the day of and the day after and there were no issues with the trolley that was used for this charter. Once we let him know we couldn’t just give him money with no evidence he then sent us this same complaint in an email letting us know he was going to post this if we didn’t give him a refund. We are quick to rectify service issues, but could not find any service issues with this charter.