Joie de Vivre Calligraphy Reviews

17 | Charlottesville, VA

17 Reviews for Joie de Vivre Calligraphy

Mallory · Married on 10/04/2014

I love working with Rachel! As a wedding planner, I find her work elegant and a great value for the price. She is always responsive and is willing to work with budgets!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/03/2014

Rachael does absolutely AMAZING work! She did my wedding programs and a menu board, which were both beautifully done. I would strongly recommend her work. She was extremely responsive, professional, and produces beautiful products.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Jamie · Married on 09/06/2014

Just to preface, I spent more time and thought on my invitations then I did my wedding dress. I know this sounds crazy, but it’s what ended up happening. I decided to make my own invitations so I could save money in order to have a calligrapher address the inner and outer envelopes. It was a lot of work hand stamping ~100 invitations, but Rachael’s calligraphy was well worth it.

Rachael has been one of my favorite vendors to work with during this wild experience of wedding planning. She was incredibly flexible, understanding, responsive, and helpful when I was trying to figure out what I was going to do. For me, it felt like I was talking to a friend about my ideas and plans. She was just wonderful to work with.

We recently mailed out the invitations and my fiancé and I have received multiple compliments on them. We plan to have Rachael do our menu, seating chart, table numbers, and place cards and I look forward to working with her on these projects.

Needless to say, I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 06/18/2014

The invitations came out beautifully! Rachael was very helpful to make suggestions when needed, not only with what looked well, but where extra envelopes could be ordered and how to determine the right size.
    People were so impressed with the way that they turned out that they could not stop commenting about them!

Shannon · event on: 06/12/2014

I wish I knew about Joie de Vivre Calligraphy when I got married because I would have used them for EVERYTHING I possibly could! I'm a Realtor so I give my clients beautiful address stamps created by Joie de Vivre. My clients are always impressed. I love the greeting cards too! Rachael, the owner is incredibly talented, creative, professional, and prompt. I would highly recommend Joie de Vivre to anyone looking to add a personal and stunning touch to any gift or event.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Michael · Married on 05/31/2014

Rachel is very gifted, reasonably priced and all around fantastic! My fiancee and I got many compliments on how beautiful our envelopes were!

Maggie · Married on 04/27/2014

If I could give Rachael 100 stars, I would! Not only was our wedding program exactly what I was looking for, Rachael was so great to work with. She would respond so quickly to any questions I had and shipped the product so quickly! Thank you so much to Joie de Vivre Calligraphy!!

Mary · event on: 04/24/2014

Rachel's calligraphy skills are incredible. She listens to your style and incorporates her technique into the piece, all while offering multiple examples to choose. She listened to any feedback I had to ensure that the final product was exactly what I wanted. I have received countless compliments regarding the elegant nature of her work, and I can't wait to use her again for occasions in the future!

I absolutely recommend this vendor!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/09/2013

Rachael was very professional and timely but most importantly her calligraphy was stunning. I highly recommend her services.

Kelli · event on: 11/03/2013

Rachael has an amazing talent in turning letters into art! I asked Rachael from Joie de Vivre Calligraphy to create a piece for our one year (paper) anniversary. In brilliant script, she created a work of art using the lyrics to our first dance with her perfect calligraphy. It is very special to me in many ways. I constantly get compliments on the piece. I would recommend anyone looking for that little special something or awesome first impression for an event to have Rachael use her amazing skill. The possibilities are endless with her talent!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Erin · event on: 10/25/2013

Joie de Vivre Calligraphy did such an excellent job for me. I sent a special request to create an anniversary present for my husband and there was NO question - Rachel took my every request and made it MORE beautiful than I ever imagined! It's such a conversation piece in my dining room and I LOVE sharing who created the piece for me!!! So much talent and sweetness from Rachel! Grateful to have found her.

Kirsis · Married on 10/20/2013

So grateful for the experience that I had with Rachael. I worked with her well in advance of my wedding and the whole process was perfect. She arranged shipment of my items to my wedding venue in another state. I would recommend her to anyone.

robin · Married on 10/01/2013

Rachael pulled what was only half-way floating around in my head and put it on paper, and it turned out beautifully. I loved working with her! She worked quickly but was never rushed. I would recommend her work to anyone!

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

Rachael made the most beautiful place cards for the dinner at our wedding! I gave her card stock, cut into rectangular sections (approx. the size of business cards) and she penned the names of our guests. We then placed the cards into corks (taken from wine bottles with a slit cut into them to hold the cards). They turned out great! We got lots of compliments on them and I know a few friends & family that took them home and still have them.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Amelia · event on: 07/10/2013

Rachael conceptualized and created a gorgeous 5x7 gift for my god daughter's christening. She shared a couple of options with me, worked with me to get exactly what I wanted and best of all...moved the family that I shared the gift with to tears. Rachael is wonderful to work with, prompt, and brings a level of refined creativity to all of her projects!

Brandy · Married on 09/29/2012

Working with Rachael was great! I threw lots of crazy ideas at her for our wedding and she was able to deliver on each one without a clear outline. She is truly talented and now many of the items she created for our wedding are framed in our home. Definitely recommend her for any calligraphy needs!!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Rachael was very nice and helpful with our invitations, providing samples of her calligraphy so that we could pick the one that best suited our needs. The turnaround time was as expected and when I found errors she quickly fixed them - within 48 hours - and didn't charge.