John Serock Catering Reviews

191 | West Chester, PA

191 Reviews for John Serock Catering

Janet · Married on 06/03/2017

From start to finish, the John Serock team was absolutely fantastic! I really feel like we hit the jackpot in selecting them for our wedding. Cassidy helped me SO much in planning our timeline and with all the preparations beforehand. We live on the West Coast so email communication was key in working out the logistics, and Cassidy was extremely responsive and answered every question I had so efficiently. She even worked around our very limited travel schedule for meetings.

In terms of the actual day, Serock's team ROCKED! Rachel (our coordinator), the servers, and the bartenders went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we had a smooth and beautiful reception! From the set up (y'all, they know how to make a room look BEAUTIFUL), to the delicious food, to their professionalism and kindness, we were truly blown away. The price was reasonable and you get so much for the money. I would hire John Serock Catering again in a heartbeat! They are pros!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2017

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you, Janet and John! It was a pleasure working with you throughout this process!

Wishing you all the best,
    Cassidy, Rachael, John, and Team
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 06/03/2017

When it was time to choose a caterer for our wedding, John Serock Catering was always in the front of my mind. I knew about the company, about John, and about the amazing service and food they provide. After we chose our venue, we realized we were “stuck” with an approved vendor list. Imagine my relief and excitement when I saw JSC listed! From the first appointment with him up until the wedding day, John and his team were so easy to work with. When I say the food is fantastic, it’s an understatement. Even the tasting itself was such a pleasant experience. John is extremely down to earth and yet still very professional. He truly cares about what he does, how he treats his staff, his clients, and every little detail about your special day. He helped with the logistics of the wedding day, our guest list and seating chart woes, and was an extraordinary help the day of our wedding. I was a bundle of nerves and stress the few days leading up to the wedding day, worrying that my “dream” wouldn’t pan-out, since I would not be in control of all the little details and decorations. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I could have cried when I saw how perfect everything was, how attentive his staff was, and of course, how AMAZING the food all was! I even made sure I sat down and ate BOTH crab cakes for dinner because I didn’t want to pass up such a good meal!! I need to also send a special shout-out to Rose, who was our “shadow” server for the day. She made sure my husband and I were always followed around with food, drinks, etc. She was super attentive and very nice. If you’re looking for a caterer and are considering JSC, STOP LOOKING! You’ve found your caterer!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Danielle · Married on 04/29/2017

There are times when a 5 out of 5 rating does not even do a review justice and this is one of those times. From the beginning stages of trying to figure out our wedding venue until the last item was loaded into the car after our wedding, this company was nothing short of perfect. Our wedding was held at Appleford in Villanova, PA and we had our choice of various caterers. We went to a few tasting that the caterers held. John Serock hands down had the most delicious food and was affordable, so we went with them. Thank GOD we did. During the planning process and during the actual wedding our coordinator was Cassidy. She was organized, friendly, and always responded quickly. She made the entire process seamless and you can tell she truly loves her job and helping to make her customers' events perfect. During our event, all of the food was amazing, the staff was extremely helpful and again Cassidy delivered. We had tons of DIY decor that was set up perfectly by the JS staff and Cassidy made sure it was exactly how we had envisioned. Our guests understandably raved about the food and we can only hope and pray that we are invited to another wedding that is catered by JS so that we can have more of it! John Serock Catering is so much more than a caterer company. They truly will MAKE your event with both perfect food and wonderful customer service.

Sent on 06/05/2017

John Serock Catering's reply:

Danielle, thank YOU for the glowing review!! It truly was a pleasure working with you throughout this process! I look forward to viewing all of the photos from your wedding day along with all of those beautiful details you had!! All the best :)

-Cassidy

Jennifer · Married on 04/22/2017

Once we went to our tasting and tried the food and met Kristy, we knew that John Serock was going to be our caterer. First - the food was absolutely amazing. From the pasta with shrimp and scallops to the short ribs and cauliflower mash - everyone raved about the food. The cheese and charcuterie board at cocktail hour was also a hit with all of our wedding guests. I didn't get to each much of it, but Kristy placed a small plate of cheese at our sweet heart table for me since she knew my love of cheese! Which leads me to Kristy - absolutely amazing!! I am the bride who asks way too many questions and Kristy answered every single one of them without hesitation. She was super helpful when I asked for suggestions. On the wedding night, she was there every step of the way making sure we were eating, drinking, having fun, etc. She was truly great to work with and we knew we were in good hands from the moment we met her. Also, the wait staff were very professional and really nice and fun. We are so happy with our choice of John Serock Catering. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding caterer with good food and really great employees.

Sent on 05/15/2017
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 01/07/2017

John Serock Catering was AMAZING! From start to finish, everything was handled so beautifully and efficiently. We opted for a buffet dinner which included: a plated salad (everyone was served at their table), 3 entree choices (chicken florentine, stuffed flounder, and roast), sides (pesto farfalle, grilled seasonal vegetables, and mashed potatoes) and the MINI DESSERTS WERE AMAZING! Kristy was an absolute gem to work with and had everything under control especially on the wedding day. She made sure everything was in line and ready to go. All of our guests could not stop raving about the food for weeks! John Serock Catering was an excellent choice and we are SO happy we worked with them!

Sent on 02/24/2017

Sara · Married on 12/10/2016

If there's one vendor who was most responsible for my wedding being as perfect as it was, it was John Serock Catering, and specifically our coordinator, Kristy. As the first of my friends to get married, I had no idea what kind of things to watch out for, and I might have hired a planner if we had the money, but once I met with Kristy I didn't feel the need to. She was such an incredible wealth of of knowledge and experience, always willing to answer my questions, and generally was able to fill in the gap between my expertise and the level of expertise required to plan the perfect wedding. She thought of everything and was always several steps ahead of me, both during the planning and at the wedding. The food was delicious. I had one guest (who is a huge food snob actually) say it was the best catered meal he ever had (and he's had very many). Of course we had so much fun picking out our menu, and it really felt like we were able to express ourselves with our selections. One of the best things about the day was that we actually got to eat our food! From the cocktail hour through the seated dinner and buffet dessert, I don't think we missed anything. They assigned a couple of folks to come and check on myself and the groom throughout the day, and bring us food and drinks, so we were thrilled that we avoided the trope of not getting to eat your own wedding food. Kristy timed the meal and toasts to ensure we even had a few minutes to sit and eat our main course, which was just so nice and very appreciated. All in all, my wedding came off more perfectly than I could have anticipated, and absolutely NOTHING went wrong. (My MOH confirmed this, actually--there wasn't even anything they kept from us while they dealt with it.) I credit Kristy and the catering team with this feat--they were THAT thorough and prepared. Although it was the most expensive part of the wedding by far, it was worth every penny to have it go so smoothly. THANK YOU for such an incredible job!

Sent on 02/05/2017

Alexandra · Married on 10/22/2016

If we did one thing right with our wedding, it was hiring Serock Catering. When we chose Serock, we knew that we selected a quality caterer, but Cassidy and the team exceeded our every expectation, from communicating closely with us on special menu options for guests with dietary needs to helping us design the layout of the room to courteous service on the night of the event. Most importantly, the food was delicious: our guests came up to us throughout the evening to compliment us on the delicious chicken, beef and vegetarian options.
    We’ll leave with this one anecdote: when our liquor ran dry early in the evening, Cassidy sent a server to the store with her personal debit card to make sure that our guests had drinks. That’s the kind of attention to detail and care you’ll get when you choose Serock for the most important day of your life, and we’re grateful we got it.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Emily · Married on 09/23/2016

My husband and I really felt like we hit the jackpot with John Serock Catering. We feel so fortunate to have been able to work with Cassidy with Serock for our wedding day on September 23, 2016. You may find amazing food at many catering companies across the Philadelphia region, but Serock adds an unparalleled commitment to customer service. From the moment we walked into their West Chester office for a tasting, we were greeted so warmly and quickly bonded with Cassidy. Throughout a year of getting to know Cassidy, it felt like we were working with a close friend for our wedding day. She was the go-to person for all of our vendors during our wedding day. She ran the show. And my wedding guests noticed! They asked me, "Who was the blonde woman at your wedding? She looked so calm and organized!" And that's an understatement. Cassidy is so attentive and doesn't limit her role to "caterer". She found me in the bridal suite before the ceremony and asked how she could help. She instantly began helping set up decor. As for the food on our wedding day, everything was such a hit, from the passed appetizers to the entrees to the grilled cheese station at the end of the night! Our guests couldn't stop telling us how good the food was. As bride and groom, we were treated like royalty by our personal server. We never had an empty glass or had to look far if we needed her. We know without a doubt that our wedding day would not have been anywhere near the same without the service of Cassidy and the team at Serock. Thank you so much for making our day!!!

Sent on 10/12/2016

John Serock catering MADE our wedding. I can't tell you how many complements we've gotten on the food and service. One of my friends took one picture the entire wedding- her half eaten meal Bc she said it was best steak she ever had. John was so easy to work with. He and his staff were our "go to" for pretty much everything. I can't rave enough about our experience with John and his staff. They took such great care of us and our guest at the reception and every step. I can confindelty say our wedding would not have been what it was had we used someone else. Thank you John and staff for everything!!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Karen · Married on 09/09/2016

John Serock Catering did an amazing job. The way they handled the reception and kept everything flowing was a relief for me. Knowing I was in good hands made the planning so much nicer knowing I didn't have to worry about timelines, etc. When we met for our final walk thru I had a million questions and John answered them all before I could even ask them. It really made me feel so confident in them and comfortable. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. Thank you again for making it so memorable. :)

Sent on 10/03/2016

Christine · Married on 08/27/2016

Fantastic! We plannned a wedding for 150 people in just 7 weeks. Rachel Shellabear was our coordinator and she did an awesome job planning everything from our first phone call to our first meeting amd lost wedding. She listened to what we wanted and made great suggestions from bar setup to vow exchange to main course and dessert table. This was an outdoor wedding and it went beautifully. I didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was excellent and the servers were so professional and accomodating. We will hire them again for future events. Excellent job!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/20/2016

Kristy and the rest of the Serock team were amazing on our wedding day!! We got so many compliments on all of the food, and their staff was incredible. They made sure my husband and I had anything we needed throughout the entire night! Kristy also helped to coordinate various events throughout the evening and made sure everything ran smoothly. We are so happy we went with Serock catering for our special day and would make the same choice in a heartbeat!! Thank you all so much!

Sent on 09/14/2016

We chose Serock Catering for our 8/6/16 wedding in Philadelphia, and we couldn't be happier with their work! We dealt with Kristy as our main point person. Throughout the wedding planning process, Kristy was only an email away. She responded quickly and thoroughly to any email we sent. She had every detail of our wedding covered and was so positive throughout the entire process. The team did a wonderful job setting up the venue, making sure all of our personal details were included. The food itself was fantastic! We received so many compliments from guests saying that it was the best meal they had ever eaten at a wedding! Overall, we are absolutely thrilled with the level of service that Serock Catering provided. We would 100% recommend them to any future brides out there!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Anke · Married on 07/29/2016

As noted by our 5.0 out of 5.0 rating we thought Serock was an outstanding caterer. Cassidy was our consultant & was absolutely the best! Attention to detail & food prep was without compare. Our guests raved about the food. Please attend one of their tastings & find out yourself why you should use Serock! My daughter's wedding experience was definitely the best.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 07/23/2016

We cannot begin to explain just how pleased we were with the services for our wedding from John Serock. From the start, John and his team were responsive, attentive, organized, and professional! John worked with us to stay within budget, and to design a menu (food and drinks) that suited our needs. We knew from our tasting that our guests were in for a treat, but come wedding day, we were blown away! Our guests are still raving about the food, stating it was the best meal they've ever eaten at a wedding (coming from two, large, Irish and Italian families, this is a TRUE compliment!). To top it off, the dinner, bar, and wait staff were superb, catering to our every need. John even came out to check with us to make sure everything was to our liking! We will be recommending John Serock Catering to all our family and friends!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Alexandria · Married on 06/18/2016

We worked with Cassidy every step of the way and she was wonderful. She made sure I was on top of everything and was there when I needed help.

The food was delightful and our guest raved about it after. They accommodated all of the gluten, peanut and other allergies by correcting their mess accordingly. They also help us with our menu options so everyone had appetizer, dinner, and dessert options. It was perfect.

I would recommend them to everyone and anyone that needs a caterer for anything. I can't wait for an excuse to use them in the future!

Sent on 07/06/2016

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your response and we very much enjoyed working with you! We are happy to change our menus accordingly in assisting with dietary restrictions and just glad to have something from everyone! All the best!

Erin · Married on 10/23/2015

My husband and I were lucky enough to work with such fantastic vendors for our wedding! Among the standouts, John Serock Catering. We were married at The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs and once the venue had been decided upon, we went to work working through the list of preferred caters. For many, a standard form email was sent back - totally understandable but not the kind of experience we were hoping to have. And then, came Cassidy's email. WOW. I received the most genuine and personal email from Cassidy. Not only was she wonderful, professional and quick to respond - she had gotten married at The Washington, used Serock Catering and loved them so much, she now worked for them. Match made in heaven!

The food was phenomenal. Our guests still rave about it. More than the food, was the service. We have heard no shortage of praise for the wonderful and attentive servers. From the lovely woman that followed my husband and I around a field during our pictures with hors d'oeurves and drinks, to the attentive servers who cleared the tables quickly and efficiently and ensured our guest were tended to and never in need of anything. We cannot sing their praises enough. One of the best parts of working with them? Getting to know and staying in touch with Cassidy. She is a dream. She will make your day her priority even though you will be just one of many on her very filled plate. It was everything my husband and I had been hoping to find. Thank you guys for making our day perfection!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Ken · Married on 10/03/2015

I don't normally take the time for this but Kristy and John Serock Catering were spectacular. The food was out of this world- we're still getting rave compliments about it - and the staff and service were unmatched.

I don't know how much they pay Kristy but I hope it's a lot. She is unbelievable at her job. From the beginning planning stages, to the taste testings and coordinating calendars, etc, to the actual event - just smooth as can be.

The night of their staff does a wonderful job of circulating the hors d'oeuvres so everyone got them, not just the people hanging by the kitchen! She was so attentive to the Bride and made sure she had no wants, she made a special plate for me (Father of the Bride), and the entire staff was so pleasant.

She went above and beyond catering. She helped unload the trolly when it had to leave so we weren't bothered, she loaded up my truck with all the alcohol, presents, etc. at the end without ever bothering me, just all around amazing job.

And the food really was the best food ever and reasonably priced relative to wedding caterers today. If I could give six stars I would!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Shaina · Married on 10/03/2015

From our first tasting through our wedding day, John Serock was attentive and perfect every step of the way. The only thing I had no concerns about for my wedding day was the catering! They customized our menu to our unique requests (Philadelphia vs. Boston food table) and made sure everything ran smoothly. Even our tough to please guests raved about the food. John worked with all of our vendors to make sure that our last minute rain plan went off without a hitch. We cannot say enough wonderful things about John Serock catering. You would be making a mistake if you do not hire them. Thank you , John and staff!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/25/2015

We used Serock Caering for our September wedding. Cassidy was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She and the chef really worked with us to get the things we wanted(grilled cheese bar, awesome pies instead of cake...). Cassidy was super responsive via email to all my many, many questions and never made me feel like a bother for asking asking any of them. :) The day of the wedding things went so smoothly. The set up was done before I even knew it and was unbelievably beautiful. The reception room looked exactly as I had been imagining. I did notice the dance floor looked a little squished and without hesitation Cassidy had them move some tables to open it up. They assigned one staff member to my husband and I and they were super attentive. All my guests were just raving about the food and service. And yes, the food was to die for even when made for a large crowd! We were nervous that even though the tasting was amazing that when made for a bunch of people the food might not be quite as good but they proved us very wrong. The short rib was so, so good! I really cannot say enough great things about Serock! I fully recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 09/19/2015

I rarely take the time to write positive reviews, which is probably a mistake on my part, but I would like to take the time to express how pleased my wife and I were with Serock Catering and Kristy. As a part of my job I am lucky enough to eat at superb restaurants regularly, particularly steak houses. Make no mistake about it. John's steak is phenomenal, and can go toe-to-toe with the best of the Philly steakhouses (Mortons, Capital Grille, etc.). All of our guests commented on how wonderful the food was, from the steaks to the mac-and-cheese pops. Kristy does a phenomenal job working with you (my wife is not easy-going when it comes to planning and aesthetics). Anything we wanted, they had, and if they did not have it, they worked with you to make it happen. Again, I can count the number of positive reviews I have ever written for anything on one hand, but I have to say, I would have no problem recommending their services for any event, and I will certainly be using them again for large events in the future.

Sent on 10/21/2015

JohnSerock catering was absolutely the best! Responsive, flexible, accommodating , and their food is wonderful. Kristy is one of the most organized people you will ever work with. The service at the event was professional, impeccable, and super organized! They were an absolute pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Chris · Married on 08/15/2015

We first met ​Kristy from Serock Catering at an open house they hosted at ​Brandywine Manor Hosue in late 2014. She was the first person we met, and the first open house we attended after getting engaged​. As soon as we approached her, we had a​n immediate​ connection with ​Kristy due to her outgoing, warm, and responsive personality.

We asked her the most elementary questions and she graciously answered everything; she was informative, professional, and inviting. Who would have known we'd be laughing with her at our wedding 8 months later?

Mindy and I negotiated our contract with ​Kristy and she met our every request, all for a reasonable price.

When our families came in for our tasting, they were all blown away by the food, which I'll get to later, ​Kristy's friendliness, and John as well. He took the time to meet everyone who came, told us about himself, his family, and how he came to work in the catering business.

The food. I'm salivating just thinking of it. Our hors d'ourves included:

Korean Short Rib Taco
    Sautéed Gulf Shrimp Scampi
    Moroccan Lamb, Cucumber Plank, Mint Pistou
    Caribbean Jerk Chicken Skewers
    Scallops and Bacon
    Bruschetta Bites

Our entrees were chicken princess and espresso-crusted sirloin. Every item was delicious.​ The staff was perfectly accommodating; every time we turned around a staff member had refreshed our drink, passed us our favorite appetizer, or was asking "is there anything you'd like?" ​​That's the way a bride and groom should be treated, and they exceeded our expectations!

They cleaned up the area and moved all of our items (everything from leftover booze to the table centerpieces to our decorations!) to the agreed-upon spot.

Mindy and I truly could not have asked for a better caterer. Serock Catering blew us away. Even typing this, I cannot believe how well everything went. Kudos to John Serock and Kristy Arnold.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Alysa · Married on 08/09/2015

WE recently used John Serock catering for our daughters wedding 8/9/15. We had never used an offsite caterer and were a little nervous. Also we live in NY and the wedding was in PA. John & Kristy could not have been better. They went above and beyond to make our party perfect. We went to the tasting which was unbelievable, it was hard to choose. I think we selected almost all of the items. John was unbelievable, he does not have the "chef" ego. WE asked him if he could vary a few of the items to our taste and he did without hesitation. We let John know that we wanted our party, especially our cocktail hour to have enough staff. we did NOT want a tray of food to come out in one corner of the room and by the time other guests got there it was gone. Everyone told us every time they turned around there was someone serving food and it was delicious!! The dinner was equally as amazing. Additionally Kristy helped us navigate all our concerns and was always responsive to e-mails. The day of the event Kristy had everything and everyone organized. Thank you John & Kristy for helping to make our wedding a huge success.

Sent on 09/10/2015

From the beginning of our search for a caterer John Serock was at the top of our list. The tasting was very well done and informational. We were able to sample many choices as we tried to narrow down to our final menu. Kristy communicated often with us by phone and email. They worked with us to tailor everything according to our needs. Many of our guests said it was the best meal they have had at a wedding. I would highly recommend using John Serock catering for any event.

Sent on 09/02/2015