John Serock Catering Reviews

John Serock Catering 5
John Serock Catering 6
John Serock Catering 7

Shaina · Married on 10/03/2015

From our first tasting through our wedding day, John Serock was attentive and perfect every step of the way. The only thing I had no concerns about for my wedding day was the catering! They customized our menu to our unique requests (Philadelphia vs. Boston food table) and made sure everything ran smoothly. Even our tough to please guests raved about the food. John worked with all of our vendors to make sure that our last minute rain plan went off without a hitch. We cannot say enough wonderful things about John Serock catering. You would be making a mistake if you do not hire them. Thank you , John and staff!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/25/2015

We used Serock Caering for our September wedding. Cassidy was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She and the chef really worked with us to get the things we wanted(grilled cheese bar, awesome pies instead of cake...). Cassidy was super responsive via email to all my many, many questions and never made me feel like a bother for asking asking any of them. :) The day of the wedding things went so smoothly. The set up was done before I even knew it and was unbelievably beautiful. The reception room looked exactly as I had been imagining. I did notice the dance floor looked a little squished and without hesitation Cassidy had them move some tables to open it up. They assigned one staff member to my husband and I and they were super attentive. All my guests were just raving about the food and service. And yes, the food was to die for even when made for a large crowd! We were nervous that even though the tasting was amazing that when made for a bunch of people the food might not be quite as good but they proved us very wrong. The short rib was so, so good! I really cannot say enough great things about Serock! I fully recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 09/19/2015

I rarely take the time to write positive reviews, which is probably a mistake on my part, but I would like to take the time to express how pleased my wife and I were with Serock Catering and Kristy. As a part of my job I am lucky enough to eat at superb restaurants regularly, particularly steak houses. Make no mistake about it. John's steak is phenomenal, and can go toe-to-toe with the best of the Philly steakhouses (Mortons, Capital Grille, etc.). All of our guests commented on how wonderful the food was, from the steaks to the mac-and-cheese pops. Kristy does a phenomenal job working with you (my wife is not easy-going when it comes to planning and aesthetics). Anything we wanted, they had, and if they did not have it, they worked with you to make it happen. Again, I can count the number of positive reviews I have ever written for anything on one hand, but I have to say, I would have no problem recommending their services for any event, and I will certainly be using them again for large events in the future.

Sent on 10/21/2015

JohnSerock catering was absolutely the best! Responsive, flexible, accommodating , and their food is wonderful. Kristy is one of the most organized people you will ever work with. The service at the event was professional, impeccable, and super organized! They were an absolute pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Chris · Married on 08/15/2015

We first met ​Kristy from Serock Catering at an open house they hosted at ​Brandywine Manor Hosue in late 2014. She was the first person we met, and the first open house we attended after getting engaged​. As soon as we approached her, we had a​n immediate​ connection with ​Kristy due to her outgoing, warm, and responsive personality.

We asked her the most elementary questions and she graciously answered everything; she was informative, professional, and inviting. Who would have known we'd be laughing with her at our wedding 8 months later?

Mindy and I negotiated our contract with ​Kristy and she met our every request, all for a reasonable price.

When our families came in for our tasting, they were all blown away by the food, which I'll get to later, ​Kristy's friendliness, and John as well. He took the time to meet everyone who came, told us about himself, his family, and how he came to work in the catering business.

The food. I'm salivating just thinking of it. Our hors d'ourves included:

Korean Short Rib Taco
    Sautéed Gulf Shrimp Scampi
    Moroccan Lamb, Cucumber Plank, Mint Pistou
    Caribbean Jerk Chicken Skewers
    Scallops and Bacon
    Bruschetta Bites

Our entrees were chicken princess and espresso-crusted sirloin. Every item was delicious.​ The staff was perfectly accommodating; every time we turned around a staff member had refreshed our drink, passed us our favorite appetizer, or was asking "is there anything you'd like?" ​​That's the way a bride and groom should be treated, and they exceeded our expectations!

They cleaned up the area and moved all of our items (everything from leftover booze to the table centerpieces to our decorations!) to the agreed-upon spot.

Mindy and I truly could not have asked for a better caterer. Serock Catering blew us away. Even typing this, I cannot believe how well everything went. Kudos to John Serock and Kristy Arnold.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Alysa · Married on 08/09/2015

WE recently used John Serock catering for our daughters wedding 8/9/15. We had never used an offsite caterer and were a little nervous. Also we live in NY and the wedding was in PA. John & Kristy could not have been better. They went above and beyond to make our party perfect. We went to the tasting which was unbelievable, it was hard to choose. I think we selected almost all of the items. John was unbelievable, he does not have the "chef" ego. WE asked him if he could vary a few of the items to our taste and he did without hesitation. We let John know that we wanted our party, especially our cocktail hour to have enough staff. we did NOT want a tray of food to come out in one corner of the room and by the time other guests got there it was gone. Everyone told us every time they turned around there was someone serving food and it was delicious!! The dinner was equally as amazing. Additionally Kristy helped us navigate all our concerns and was always responsive to e-mails. The day of the event Kristy had everything and everyone organized. Thank you John & Kristy for helping to make our wedding a huge success.

Sent on 09/10/2015

From the beginning of our search for a caterer John Serock was at the top of our list. The tasting was very well done and informational. We were able to sample many choices as we tried to narrow down to our final menu. Kristy communicated often with us by phone and email. They worked with us to tailor everything according to our needs. Many of our guests said it was the best meal they have had at a wedding. I would highly recommend using John Serock catering for any event.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Karina · Married on 06/27/2015

John Serock Catering is exceptional. From the start of the process, with my first inquiry, Kristy was incredibly friendly, responsive, and helpful. They provided a very reasonable quote, at which time we scheduled a tasting. We were impressed with the quality of the food, their facilities, and meeting Kristy and John in person. We requested a custom menu of Middle Eastern specialties and they really delivered. At that point, we signed the contract. Kristy continued to be responsive over the next seven months, answering questions, making great suggestions, and talking through timelines, potential problems, and ideas. The day of the wedding brought a massive rainstorm and the entire JSC team handled it with aplomb. Kristy helped stage manage throughout the event, which took a lot off of my mind. Plus, the food was phenomenal and impressed both my caterer father and my Middle Eastern family with its quality and authenticity. (TIP: Their salmon preparation is exceptional, and was even better at the event for 100+ people than it was for the two of us at the tasting, when it was also very good.) I was especially grateful to have staff assigned to me and my husband to ensure that we were well-fed throughout the evening. Seriously, the food was fantastic. I intend to use them again, if only to try the very few dishes that I missed. :)

Sent on 07/03/2015

Kimberly · Married on 06/05/2015

We could not be happier with John Serock! The food was absolutely delicious and the service was flawless. We have not stopped getting compliments from our guests about how good the food was! They helped coordinate everything from the order of events for the day to walking down the aisle. And when our DJ failed to show up, John was the first one on the phone getting someone to cover (thankfully, we were able to get someone else!). His expertise and professionalism is unmatched. Hiring John Serock Catering was the best decision we could have made. Because of John and his team, we had a completely stress-free wedding. I highly recommend them to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 06/22/2015

John and his team were integral in the success of our event. Many of the guests commented on how much fun they had because the event flowed so flawlessly. It was important to our daughter to have fun at her wedding and to make sure there was not a lot of down time for the guests. John helped us devise a timeline that ensured her wishes were realized.
    John and his team recommended a wonderful baker and worked very well with our florist.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Meredith · Married on 05/09/2015

Everything was 5-star quality and service - I received nothing but compliments on the food and staff all night long... my guests were blown away! The best part was knowing that the Serock team was taking care of us, we were able to relax and enjoy our event!

Sent on 07/14/2015

John Serock catered our wedding in April at Appleford, and we could not be happier with the job he and his staff did! They were truly flawless throughout the whole process, from the first tasting and menu creation through the execution of the actual event. They worked closely with us to design a menu we were happy with, including several items that they had to create from scratch (miso tuna cones, whole roasted pig, etc.). Within 90 days of the wedding we scheduled a call to review how the day would progress, what to expect, and what role John and his staff would take. We especially appreciated how flexible they were scheduling times to talk via phone and communicating via email as we were planning the wedding in PA from San Francisco. John and Cassidy (his #2) were very thorough and explained how the reception would flow; they were spot on! They also coordinated with other vendors, such as our florist and DJ, making the whole evening worry free for us.

We would highly recommend John Serock for anyone in the Philly area to cater a wedding (or other large event)!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Karen · Married on 02/13/2015

I cannot say enough about this vendor. All of the food was excellent, they provided a wedding coordinator and their prices are more than fair. I dealt with Kristy Arnold who was always there to answer my questions and reassure me. Just having her as the wedding coordinator was worth the price. The food was beyond delicious. We had a buffet with three entrees as well as a happy hour. The staff was gracious and professional and circulated the room making sure that each and every guest had what they needed. Kristy and her team took care of setting up the room with the centerpieces and taking everything down as well. I would not hesitate to use them for anything in the future.

Sent on 02/23/2015

Rebecca · Married on 11/15/2014

John and his entire staff made our wedding, the planning and actual day, more than we could have dreamed. Every detail was
    spot on and done with grace, professionalism, and a smile. Our guests
    raved about the delicious food, impeccable service, and
    overall A+++ quality of their catering team. And that is just what they
    delivered on the actual day. As you know, It takes months of planning
    all the details to make it all come together. Cassidy, John, and I'm
    sure so many others were so patient, kind, and helpful as they made our
    vision come to life. I can't speak highly enough of the pleasure it
    was to work with them. They made it just easy as if we have all been
    friends for years. It was a pleasure!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Joanna · Married on 11/01/2014

John Serock and his staff were phenomenal in so many ways! First of all, their food is great. We first tasted their food at our friend's wedding, again at their catering open house, again at our formal tasting, and finally at our wedding. Each time, everything was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. Second, on the day of our wedding, they basically became the day of coordinator and made sure everything ran smoothly. They decorated the wedding venue exactly as we had described; they helped coordinate when we should start walking down the aisle, how long the cocktail hour should be, when our bridal party should give toasts, when we should cut the cake, etc.; and at the end of the night they packed everything up into our parents' van including all of the leftover food! During all of that coordinating, they were really good about making sure things were exactly how we wanted, without bothering us with unnecessary questions.
    Third, the staff was especially attentive to us (the bride and groom) throughout the night, making sure we had plenty to eat and drink. It's really easy for the bride/groom to be so busy during the wedding that they forget to eat their own cake, so we were really happy when the servers brought us slices of each of our 3 cake flavors to eat. Fourth, John and his staff were very good about communicating all of the necessary details before the wedding, such as decorations, food allergies for specific guests, and back up plans for inclement weather. So when the big day arrived, we knew we were in good hands and could just relax and enjoy the moment!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Janice · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I are a 60-something couple that was planning a 2nd-chance wedding. We were looking for a quality event that celebrated our commitment with almost 90 friends and family members that have been close to us over the years. It was more intended to be more about sharing and less about show. We considered the catering to be our key expense and so we reviewed 3 caterers carefully that had been highly recommended by the venue.

John Serock presented the best overall menu selections for the best price. But, that was just the beginning. Over the year of our engagement, we met with John several times to refine the menu, select linens and china, and to walk through the schedule for the day. On the day of the wedding, we had the worst weather forecast of the entire summer --- 98 degrees with 100% humidity and thunderstorms. We were going to have an outdoor wedding, but the rain started minutes before the first guests arrived. John's staff was so nimble and positive --- they picked up the chairs and florals and rearranged the entire ceremony indoors within minutes. They managed to remove every obstacle and their detailed approach to presentation was evident in everything they touched. Our guests had no idea that wasn't the original design.

Throughout the day John's staff efficiently kept drinks and food coming, but perhaps more importantly, made our guests feel comfortable and they just felt like "family". My guests commented that day and later on how much they enjoyed the food and the fun and the very upbeat people from John's team. In fact, it's been two weeks and we're still getting texts, emails, and calls from guests who wanted us to know how much they enjoyed the day and the fabulous food. My husband and I believe that our wedding was made all the more memorable because of John Serock. We give him our highest recommendation.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

I could not have gone with a better caterer. John Serock and his team are absolutely amazing, and so on top of everything that they do. Not only was their food some of the best I ever had but, their professionalism and service was top notch! You would be foolish not to go with them for your wedding, not only did he do such a good job with the food but they were there for every step of the wedding, helping with coordinating everything from the ceremony and reception, to even helping set up all the small details with decorating my venue. They went above and beyond to make sure my wedding day went the best it possibly could. We got stuck in a storm the day of the wedding and the power went out twice for a short while and this did not stop them from making everything perfect. They just worked harder and it was all perfect! Could not have been happier and will go with them for any catering event I may need in the future!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Chris · Married on 08/23/2014

RAIN!!!! It rained ALL DAY... but Serock catering made it better by greeting my drenched guests as they arrived with drinks and delicious hors d'oeuvres.

Not only was the food absolutely incredible but the staff (including john) volunteered to run out it in rain to get all the chairs, flowers, and arbor so that we could create our ceremony spot under the tent.

Thanks Guys, your hard work did not go unappreciated!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Meagan · Married on 07/05/2014

I cannot begin to say how wonderful it was to work with John and John Serock Catering for our wedding and wedding brunch. We married at Greystone Hall and met with John and another caterer. There was no question that we wanted to work with John. He was so personable and let me know about some ways I could personalize parts of the reception and potentially save money. The night before the wedding, my parents arranged a 4th of July picnic in a park. Even though John was not part of this, he still shared resources and helped them with some of the planning. On the day of the wedding, John's staff and my friend arranged all of the decorations on the tables, the gazebo, the bars, around the house... as you can guess I had a lot of stuff. Everyone was so wonderful and helpful. The food was delicious and we had worked with John to offer lots of options for meat eaters, vegetarians, pescetarians, no-dairy eaters, no-spice eaters, and kids. I also wanted to have a stations wedding even though our numbers were a little large and John made sure it all worked out. We have gotten tons of compliments on the food and had a gelato bar which was a huge hit. At the end of the night, John's staff collected everything so it was yet another thing I didn't have to worry about. We had brunch at our house the next day which John catered. The food was delicious and again, his staff was exceptional and we got many, many compliments.

People have jokingly asked if I am ready to plan another big event, and I absolutely would as long as I had John's support.

My family and I did tons of planning and personalizing for my wedding but during the wedding weekend I didn't have to worry about anything because John Serock Catering (and other vendors) took care of the execution perfectly.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Tom · Married on 06/07/2014

My daughter's wedding was an outside wedding under a tent at a winery - a challenging venue for a caterer. John did an excellent job with the set-up and the food. The food was very good and presented in a very artistic way. We got positive feedback from the guests, particularly with the filet mignon. I couldn't have been happier and I would definitely recommend John for any event big or small.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Chris · Married on 06/07/2014

Serock Catering should be hired by anyone who wants an event done right. Whether it is a large wedding or small gathering, you will not be disappointed. We chose Serock based on word of mouth and other events we have attended. Our wedding was on 6/7/14 at Greystone Hall, and everything was fantastic. It went exactly how we discussed during our many meetings. The food selection is plentiful, innovative and tasty. Everyone raved about the delicious food, from the appetizers to the entrees. The Serock staff is professional, courteous and attentive. The bar service was quick and efficient. John and Jay are both down the earth, and a pleasure to work with. John makes it his business to ensure that all of your requests are taken care of, and was quick to respond to any questions/concerns we had. My Wife and I highly recommend John Serock Catering for any event!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Kati · Married on 06/06/2014

John Serock Catering was one of the best choice my husband and I made during wedding planning. We were lucky to have the option to bring in who ever we wanted and after trying this food we were sold instantly! Not only was the food amazing but John was extremely easy to work with so attentive to details and was more than happy to address any special request we had. On our wedding day my husband and I really enjoyed the food and we received so many compliments, especially on the filet and the appetizer selection. I can say that I had a bite of every appetizer before heading into cocktail hour because I didn't want to miss out on any of them and my husband made sure to call dibs on the extra filet the staff packed up for us. We really appreciated the staff coming down to the two of us and the wedding party with drinks and appetizers. It was the perfect service and above what is expected!

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • User4196284 · 2+ years ago

We couldn’t be happier working with John Serock! Our tasting was superb and very professional. We had some unique requests: fresh pasta and fresh-made crepe desserts, which John addressed right on the spot. He won us over with his fresh gnocchi and vodka sauce, on top of all of his other courses in the tasting. Our stations were fully staffed, and had beautifully decorated tables. John personally helped to coordinate our vendors and the bridal party on the day of our wedding. John was very attentive to detail and keeping us happy; he even noticed a spot on my dress and kindly showed up with club soda in hand. His staff were all well-trained and professional, as well. His food was raved over by our guests, even after the wedding! We emphatically recommend John Serock Catering for any event!

Sent on 06/23/2014
  • User4196388 · 2+ years ago

Sent on 06/23/2014

Julie · Married on 05/08/2014

Joe D'Andrea from Vera Pasta, local and very talented pasta maker located in West Chester, PA, introduced my husband and I to John Serock and company. The caterers were so accommodating and supportive of our non-traditional event plan (this was a reception to a destination wedding), and with our interest in using primarily local vendors, and with incorporating the theme of Italy (specifically the Ligurian region, where we had our destination wedding) into the menu. The team always responded to our questions quickly and with a positive vibe. On the day of our event, my husband and I were a part of the set up process (flowers and other decor) since we had already had our ceremony at a destination site a month before and because I wanted to do the decorations :) and the catering team was so flexible and professional and understanding of us running around in their space as they were setting up all the rentals. All of our guests said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding, people couldn't choose what their favorite dish was! Thank you thank you thank you for making our evening so memorable :)

Sent on 07/14/2014