John Serock Catering Reviews

John Serock Catering 5
John Serock Catering 6
John Serock Catering 7

Adetnuke · Married on 08/20/2017

My experience was absolutely painless and a great one . Cassidy is an absolute pleasure and kept me calm through our the entire process. John was so nice to stop in the middle of our food tasting to make sure all was well. I would definitely recommend John Serock Catering to everyone. The food was delicious and the oreo cake pops are to die for !!! Thanks again Cassidy you are so awesome !!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Shannon · Married on 08/11/2017

Thanks Cassidy and John Serock Catering for being professional, responsive and thorough at every level of the wedding process - as we budgeted, as we agonized over linens, and on the day itself. I can't picture how any caterer could have been more valuable to our process, from the friendship, the prompt email replies, and the complete and utter precision in putting it together on the day of. Serock is flawless. Not to mention, the food got rave reviews! We have a huge vegetarian and dietary-restricted contingent, and the vegetarian entree was so good I opted for it. We actually got messages of thanks from our family and friends for our "thoughtful food selection" - when do you hear that about a wedding? My dad, who does not like "wedding food", raved that the salmon was cooked perfectly. The appetizers had the right touch of whimsy (cheesesteak eggrolls) and satisfied everyone.
    You know you have a greater caterer when extra meals are boxed up for you afterwards so you can savor the food after the stress is over. The attention to detail, the exceptional quality and the customer service is the bar every company should strive to hit. Thanks, Serock, we are so grateful.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Kristen · Married on 08/05/2017

Make sure you read this till the end! I'm sure you've read all these AMAZING reviews for Serock Catering. And believe it or not, out of the 8 caterers I could choose from at Historic Washington Springs, they were also the best priced. We went to our tasting and Cassidy is super helpful and professional in making your event go smoothly. But when we walked away from the tasting we felt kind of let down by the quality of the food. If that happens to you, DO NOT TURN AWAY! The quality of the food at our actual event was fantastic! Loved the little sliders as appetizers and the mashed potatoes. The service--- all the staff were so kind and personable. Anytime we needed something it was taken care of ASAP. Thanks for making our day feel like a fairytale!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Kendra · Married on 07/22/2017

Where do I begin? I have been a private chef and have had 20 plus years of catering experience, so when it was time to find a caterer in my new hometown, and given that our venue gave us four caterers to choose from their approved vendor list, I had my work cut out for me....because of my own high expectations. John Serock did not disappoint. The menu is vast and the options endless. Kristy Arnold, his assistant, is a gem to work with. I could not have been happier. All of our guests raved about the food and the presentation of the dinner presented to them. We had a sit-down dinner for 97 guests and they did not miss a beat. Even with a huge thunder storm at the beginning of our ceremony, they were professional throughout the day, wiping down the chairs, all with smiles on their faces. If you are looking for a professional team, food that will be enjoyed by all, John Serock and his team are the ones you should call. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Meg · Married on 06/17/2017

I will forever be grateful to Cassidy and all the staff at John Serock Cartering !! Their expertise and professionalism made my daughter's wedding such an amazing experience! It was truly a fairytale wedding thanks to Cassidy and all her staff! Guests went crazy over how good the food and the service was! Everything down to the last detail was perfect! My only complaint was that the night went by much to quickly! Words can not express my families gratitude to everyone at Serock Catering for making such an important moment in our lives so memorable. From the very beginning Cassidy made us her top priority! If I had a question her response was immediate! All the things that were important to us she made sure were done to perfection! She walked us through every stage of planning and made sure that no detail was forgotten. Somehow she made the wedding something magical and something we could be proud of even on our tight budget! On the day of the wedding Cassidy coordinated everything beautifully. She gave clear directions and let everyone in the wedding party know where they needed to be. Cassidy has an innate knack for making things look beautiful! From the table settings to the decor she made sure everything was just as we had envisioned it would be. Her calm demeanor helped make what normally is a tremendously stressful time seem effortless. I hope to have the opportunity to work with her and her staff again when my son is ready to get married! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! I will be recommending you to all my friends and family! You guys really are the best!!!

With much gratitude! Meg, Sasan, Mary, Helana, Ryan and the rest of the Family

Sent on 08/26/2018

Heather · Married on 06/16/2017

We had an amazing experience with John Serock Catering from the second we met for a consult to the day of the wedding. They were extremely attentive and helped us every step of the way. Not only was their service stellar the food was absolutely delicious, our guests are still telling us how amazing it was. I would absolutely only recommend John Serock Catering to any new couple in search for a professional, experienced and attentive caterer with delicious cuisine.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Morgan · Married on 06/10/2017

John Serock Catering was a dream come true. We had found them through our first venue choice, when it ended up falling through they were completely on board with the change in location and totally amazing through it all. The change in venue - despite having time- was stressful and disappointing, knowing though we would still have our first choice caterer was amazing. I thought choosing a caterer would be difficult due to my food allergies (gluten & nuts) and Cassidy & John were instantly on board with a totally gluten & nut free wedding, complete with gluten free chicken fingers, gluten free crackers, gluten free dessert table, gluten free corn bread, and to top it all off they made all my wedding cake dreams come true! A cheese wheel wedding cake. I had no idea how to pull it off, but I sent them a picture and they took it and ran with it and it was one of my favorite parts of the day. We even had a special request for a salad that we loved and they matched it exactly! They were willing to work within our budget, allergy restrictions, and Cassidy was so incredible day of and through it all. They ran with all my ideas & dreams. The team set up every decoration I had brought, setting everything up to as I had always imagined. (i had hundreds of candlesticks for them to set up! and WOW!! ) They were responsive through the whole process making it all completely seamless. I saw first hand how a great caterer would lead to an amazing wedding. The food was delicious and presented so elegantly, the staff on point, the whole timeline put together for us, they kept everything moving along all day, they worked so incredibly hard and the whole day overall completely amazing. It was perfect and we cannot thank them enough!!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Janet · Married on 06/03/2017

From start to finish, the John Serock team was absolutely fantastic! I really feel like we hit the jackpot in selecting them for our wedding. Cassidy helped me SO much in planning our timeline and with all the preparations beforehand. We live on the West Coast so email communication was key in working out the logistics, and Cassidy was extremely responsive and answered every question I had so efficiently. She even worked around our very limited travel schedule for meetings.

In terms of the actual day, Serock's team ROCKED! Rachel (our coordinator), the servers, and the bartenders went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we had a smooth and beautiful reception! From the set up (y'all, they know how to make a room look BEAUTIFUL), to the delicious food, to their professionalism and kindness, we were truly blown away. The price was reasonable and you get so much for the money. I would hire John Serock Catering again in a heartbeat! They are pros!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2017

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you, Janet and John! It was a pleasure working with you throughout this process!

Wishing you all the best,
    Cassidy, Rachael, John, and Team
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 06/03/2017

When it was time to choose a caterer for our wedding, John Serock Catering was always in the front of my mind. I knew about the company, about John, and about the amazing service and food they provide. After we chose our venue, we realized we were “stuck” with an approved vendor list. Imagine my relief and excitement when I saw JSC listed! From the first appointment with him up until the wedding day, John and his team were so easy to work with. When I say the food is fantastic, it’s an understatement. Even the tasting itself was such a pleasant experience. John is extremely down to earth and yet still very professional. He truly cares about what he does, how he treats his staff, his clients, and every little detail about your special day. He helped with the logistics of the wedding day, our guest list and seating chart woes, and was an extraordinary help the day of our wedding. I was a bundle of nerves and stress the few days leading up to the wedding day, worrying that my “dream” wouldn’t pan-out, since I would not be in control of all the little details and decorations. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I could have cried when I saw how perfect everything was, how attentive his staff was, and of course, how AMAZING the food all was! I even made sure I sat down and ate BOTH crab cakes for dinner because I didn’t want to pass up such a good meal!! I need to also send a special shout-out to Rose, who was our “shadow” server for the day. She made sure my husband and I were always followed around with food, drinks, etc. She was super attentive and very nice. If you’re looking for a caterer and are considering JSC, STOP LOOKING! You’ve found your caterer!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Danielle · Married on 04/29/2017

There are times when a 5 out of 5 rating does not even do a review justice and this is one of those times. From the beginning stages of trying to figure out our wedding venue until the last item was loaded into the car after our wedding, this company was nothing short of perfect. Our wedding was held at Appleford in Villanova, PA and we had our choice of various caterers. We went to a few tasting that the caterers held. John Serock hands down had the most delicious food and was affordable, so we went with them. Thank GOD we did. During the planning process and during the actual wedding our coordinator was Cassidy. She was organized, friendly, and always responded quickly. She made the entire process seamless and you can tell she truly loves her job and helping to make her customers' events perfect. During our event, all of the food was amazing, the staff was extremely helpful and again Cassidy delivered. We had tons of DIY decor that was set up perfectly by the JS staff and Cassidy made sure it was exactly how we had envisioned. Our guests understandably raved about the food and we can only hope and pray that we are invited to another wedding that is catered by JS so that we can have more of it! John Serock Catering is so much more than a caterer company. They truly will MAKE your event with both perfect food and wonderful customer service.

Sent on 06/05/2017

John Serock Catering's reply:

Danielle, thank YOU for the glowing review!! It truly was a pleasure working with you throughout this process! I look forward to viewing all of the photos from your wedding day along with all of those beautiful details you had!! All the best :)

-Cassidy

Jennifer · Married on 04/22/2017

Once we went to our tasting and tried the food and met Kristy, we knew that John Serock was going to be our caterer. First - the food was absolutely amazing. From the pasta with shrimp and scallops to the short ribs and cauliflower mash - everyone raved about the food. The cheese and charcuterie board at cocktail hour was also a hit with all of our wedding guests. I didn't get to each much of it, but Kristy placed a small plate of cheese at our sweet heart table for me since she knew my love of cheese! Which leads me to Kristy - absolutely amazing!! I am the bride who asks way too many questions and Kristy answered every single one of them without hesitation. She was super helpful when I asked for suggestions. On the wedding night, she was there every step of the way making sure we were eating, drinking, having fun, etc. She was truly great to work with and we knew we were in good hands from the moment we met her. Also, the wait staff were very professional and really nice and fun. We are so happy with our choice of John Serock Catering. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding caterer with good food and really great employees.

Sent on 05/15/2017
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 01/07/2017

John Serock Catering was AMAZING! From start to finish, everything was handled so beautifully and efficiently. We opted for a buffet dinner which included: a plated salad (everyone was served at their table), 3 entree choices (chicken florentine, stuffed flounder, and roast), sides (pesto farfalle, grilled seasonal vegetables, and mashed potatoes) and the MINI DESSERTS WERE AMAZING! Kristy was an absolute gem to work with and had everything under control especially on the wedding day. She made sure everything was in line and ready to go. All of our guests could not stop raving about the food for weeks! John Serock Catering was an excellent choice and we are SO happy we worked with them!

Sent on 02/24/2017

Sara · Married on 12/10/2016

If there's one vendor who was most responsible for my wedding being as perfect as it was, it was John Serock Catering, and specifically our coordinator, Kristy. As the first of my friends to get married, I had no idea what kind of things to watch out for, and I might have hired a planner if we had the money, but once I met with Kristy I didn't feel the need to. She was such an incredible wealth of of knowledge and experience, always willing to answer my questions, and generally was able to fill in the gap between my expertise and the level of expertise required to plan the perfect wedding. She thought of everything and was always several steps ahead of me, both during the planning and at the wedding. The food was delicious. I had one guest (who is a huge food snob actually) say it was the best catered meal he ever had (and he's had very many). Of course we had so much fun picking out our menu, and it really felt like we were able to express ourselves with our selections. One of the best things about the day was that we actually got to eat our food! From the cocktail hour through the seated dinner and buffet dessert, I don't think we missed anything. They assigned a couple of folks to come and check on myself and the groom throughout the day, and bring us food and drinks, so we were thrilled that we avoided the trope of not getting to eat your own wedding food. Kristy timed the meal and toasts to ensure we even had a few minutes to sit and eat our main course, which was just so nice and very appreciated. All in all, my wedding came off more perfectly than I could have anticipated, and absolutely NOTHING went wrong. (My MOH confirmed this, actually--there wasn't even anything they kept from us while they dealt with it.) I credit Kristy and the catering team with this feat--they were THAT thorough and prepared. Although it was the most expensive part of the wedding by far, it was worth every penny to have it go so smoothly. THANK YOU for such an incredible job!

Sent on 02/05/2017

Alexandra · Married on 10/22/2016

If we did one thing right with our wedding, it was hiring Serock Catering. When we chose Serock, we knew that we selected a quality caterer, but Cassidy and the team exceeded our every expectation, from communicating closely with us on special menu options for guests with dietary needs to helping us design the layout of the room to courteous service on the night of the event. Most importantly, the food was delicious: our guests came up to us throughout the evening to compliment us on the delicious chicken, beef and vegetarian options.
    We’ll leave with this one anecdote: when our liquor ran dry early in the evening, Cassidy sent a server to the store with her personal debit card to make sure that our guests had drinks. That’s the kind of attention to detail and care you’ll get when you choose Serock for the most important day of your life, and we’re grateful we got it.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Emily · Married on 09/23/2016

My husband and I really felt like we hit the jackpot with John Serock Catering. We feel so fortunate to have been able to work with Cassidy with Serock for our wedding day on September 23, 2016. You may find amazing food at many catering companies across the Philadelphia region, but Serock adds an unparalleled commitment to customer service. From the moment we walked into their West Chester office for a tasting, we were greeted so warmly and quickly bonded with Cassidy. Throughout a year of getting to know Cassidy, it felt like we were working with a close friend for our wedding day. She was the go-to person for all of our vendors during our wedding day. She ran the show. And my wedding guests noticed! They asked me, "Who was the blonde woman at your wedding? She looked so calm and organized!" And that's an understatement. Cassidy is so attentive and doesn't limit her role to "caterer". She found me in the bridal suite before the ceremony and asked how she could help. She instantly began helping set up decor. As for the food on our wedding day, everything was such a hit, from the passed appetizers to the entrees to the grilled cheese station at the end of the night! Our guests couldn't stop telling us how good the food was. As bride and groom, we were treated like royalty by our personal server. We never had an empty glass or had to look far if we needed her. We know without a doubt that our wedding day would not have been anywhere near the same without the service of Cassidy and the team at Serock. Thank you so much for making our day!!!

Sent on 10/12/2016

John Serock catering MADE our wedding. I can't tell you how many complements we've gotten on the food and service. One of my friends took one picture the entire wedding- her half eaten meal Bc she said it was best steak she ever had. John was so easy to work with. He and his staff were our "go to" for pretty much everything. I can't rave enough about our experience with John and his staff. They took such great care of us and our guest at the reception and every step. I can confindelty say our wedding would not have been what it was had we used someone else. Thank you John and staff for everything!!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Karen · Married on 09/09/2016

John Serock Catering did an amazing job. The way they handled the reception and kept everything flowing was a relief for me. Knowing I was in good hands made the planning so much nicer knowing I didn't have to worry about timelines, etc. When we met for our final walk thru I had a million questions and John answered them all before I could even ask them. It really made me feel so confident in them and comfortable. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. Thank you again for making it so memorable. :)

Sent on 10/03/2016

Christine · Married on 08/27/2016

Fantastic! We plannned a wedding for 150 people in just 7 weeks. Rachel Shellabear was our coordinator and she did an awesome job planning everything from our first phone call to our first meeting amd lost wedding. She listened to what we wanted and made great suggestions from bar setup to vow exchange to main course and dessert table. This was an outdoor wedding and it went beautifully. I didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was excellent and the servers were so professional and accomodating. We will hire them again for future events. Excellent job!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/20/2016

Kristy and the rest of the Serock team were amazing on our wedding day!! We got so many compliments on all of the food, and their staff was incredible. They made sure my husband and I had anything we needed throughout the entire night! Kristy also helped to coordinate various events throughout the evening and made sure everything ran smoothly. We are so happy we went with Serock catering for our special day and would make the same choice in a heartbeat!! Thank you all so much!

Sent on 09/14/2016

We chose Serock Catering for our 8/6/16 wedding in Philadelphia, and we couldn't be happier with their work! We dealt with Kristy as our main point person. Throughout the wedding planning process, Kristy was only an email away. She responded quickly and thoroughly to any email we sent. She had every detail of our wedding covered and was so positive throughout the entire process. The team did a wonderful job setting up the venue, making sure all of our personal details were included. The food itself was fantastic! We received so many compliments from guests saying that it was the best meal they had ever eaten at a wedding! Overall, we are absolutely thrilled with the level of service that Serock Catering provided. We would 100% recommend them to any future brides out there!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Anke · Married on 07/29/2016

As noted by our 5.0 out of 5.0 rating we thought Serock was an outstanding caterer. Cassidy was our consultant & was absolutely the best! Attention to detail & food prep was without compare. Our guests raved about the food. Please attend one of their tastings & find out yourself why you should use Serock! My daughter's wedding experience was definitely the best.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 07/23/2016

We cannot begin to explain just how pleased we were with the services for our wedding from John Serock. From the start, John and his team were responsive, attentive, organized, and professional! John worked with us to stay within budget, and to design a menu (food and drinks) that suited our needs. We knew from our tasting that our guests were in for a treat, but come wedding day, we were blown away! Our guests are still raving about the food, stating it was the best meal they've ever eaten at a wedding (coming from two, large, Irish and Italian families, this is a TRUE compliment!). To top it off, the dinner, bar, and wait staff were superb, catering to our every need. John even came out to check with us to make sure everything was to our liking! We will be recommending John Serock Catering to all our family and friends!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Alexandria · Married on 06/18/2016

We worked with Cassidy every step of the way and she was wonderful. She made sure I was on top of everything and was there when I needed help.

The food was delightful and our guest raved about it after. They accommodated all of the gluten, peanut and other allergies by correcting their mess accordingly. They also help us with our menu options so everyone had appetizer, dinner, and dessert options. It was perfect.

I would recommend them to everyone and anyone that needs a caterer for anything. I can't wait for an excuse to use them in the future!

Sent on 07/06/2016

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your response and we very much enjoyed working with you! We are happy to change our menus accordingly in assisting with dietary restrictions and just glad to have something from everyone! All the best!

Erin · Married on 10/23/2015

My husband and I were lucky enough to work with such fantastic vendors for our wedding! Among the standouts, John Serock Catering. We were married at The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs and once the venue had been decided upon, we went to work working through the list of preferred caters. For many, a standard form email was sent back - totally understandable but not the kind of experience we were hoping to have. And then, came Cassidy's email. WOW. I received the most genuine and personal email from Cassidy. Not only was she wonderful, professional and quick to respond - she had gotten married at The Washington, used Serock Catering and loved them so much, she now worked for them. Match made in heaven!

The food was phenomenal. Our guests still rave about it. More than the food, was the service. We have heard no shortage of praise for the wonderful and attentive servers. From the lovely woman that followed my husband and I around a field during our pictures with hors d'oeurves and drinks, to the attentive servers who cleared the tables quickly and efficiently and ensured our guest were tended to and never in need of anything. We cannot sing their praises enough. One of the best parts of working with them? Getting to know and staying in touch with Cassidy. She is a dream. She will make your day her priority even though you will be just one of many on her very filled plate. It was everything my husband and I had been hoping to find. Thank you guys for making our day perfection!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Ken · Married on 10/03/2015

I don't normally take the time for this but Kristy and John Serock Catering were spectacular. The food was out of this world- we're still getting rave compliments about it - and the staff and service were unmatched.

I don't know how much they pay Kristy but I hope it's a lot. She is unbelievable at her job. From the beginning planning stages, to the taste testings and coordinating calendars, etc, to the actual event - just smooth as can be.

The night of their staff does a wonderful job of circulating the hors d'oeuvres so everyone got them, not just the people hanging by the kitchen! She was so attentive to the Bride and made sure she had no wants, she made a special plate for me (Father of the Bride), and the entire staff was so pleasant.

She went above and beyond catering. She helped unload the trolly when it had to leave so we weren't bothered, she loaded up my truck with all the alcohol, presents, etc. at the end without ever bothering me, just all around amazing job.

And the food really was the best food ever and reasonably priced relative to wedding caterers today. If I could give six stars I would!

Sent on 10/27/2015