John Schlia Photography Reviews

46 Reviews for John Schlia Photography

John Schlia Photography 1
John Schlia Photography 2

Erica · event on 10/17/2012

John Schlia did family pictures of my husband and I and our 6 month old son. We had them done outside and the pictures came out great. John is very professional and he worked well with my little guy. The pictures were wonderful and served as excellent Christmas presents for the grandparents!

Sent on 01/27/2013

Snigdha · event on 09/26/2012

Every girl dreams of her engagement & wedding based on childhood experiences & exposures. Being a girl of Indian origin I grew up on Bollywood movies. For many Indian girls engagements & weddings are a chance to be the Heroine of their very own Bollywood movie. Unfortunately my Hero was in Rochester New York & I was in Los Angeles. With his schedule there was not much time for him to come to LA so I had to bring Bollywood to him. We did not have many pictures together so I really wanted to have a photoshoot that would make us feel like an Indian Prince & Princess. As I looked for photographers who were familiar with Bollywood-style photography I found that there was no one in Rochester & that I would have to find someone in another city/state. I contacted several photographers in the area & told them what I was looking for & they just pointed me in the direction of their (in my opinion vanilla) portfolio. John Schlia, however, rose to the challenge. I presented him with pictures from the weddings & engagements of my Indian friends & told him what I was looking for. He captured exactly what I had hoped & in the end he gave me my Bollywood photo-shoot. Even my fiance (now husband) who doesn’t really enjoy taking pictures got into & had fun. I know there is a good sized Indian community in Rochester & sometimes it is difficult to trust this once in a life time photo-shoot to just anyone. I can attest to the fact the John has the eye to catch the right moment, the perfect glance, and the most glamorous poses. All my Indian friends were impressed & were sure that John has had experience working with South Asian photography. I can wholehearted recommend him to any bride-to-be as an excellent photographer. I would also like to add for those people of Indian origin who are considering someone from New York City or New Jersey check John out first. Had we gotten married in Rochester I would have asked him to do the photography for the wedding as well.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Emily · Married on 09/22/2012

John was extremely flexible and provided us with just what we asked for in terms of our event photography!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Sara · Married on 09/16/2012

John was the photographer at my wedding last month and I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about him and his work!! John was extremely detailed in our conversations and planning before, during and after the wedding. Not only is he fun to work with, but his professionalism and talent put my mind at ease. Thank you from the bottom of my heart John for the beautiful images you captured on my special day!!! My husband and I could not be more pleased!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2012

I couldn't be happier with what he did. Would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/15/2012

John was an absolutely amazing photographer! I would reccomend him to anyone. his work was absolutely beautiful! Thanks John. U rock!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Shannon · Married on 07/06/2012

My husband and I are extremely happy with the photographs we received from John. They are absolutely beautiful and will forever remind us of our wonderful wedding day. John captures each moment and arranges his photographs in an artistic and unique way. Not only is John’s work exquisite, but John was so much fun to work with. John’s easy-going professional demeanor made us feel comfortable right from the start. He is enthusiastic and passionate about what he does.
    We met John in 2011, less than a year until our wedding day. He was very flexible and accommodated our busy schedules. My husband and I had engagement photos taken in addition to our wedding day photographs. John was willing to travel to various locations on the day of our engagement photos and our wedding day. He put us at ease every step of the way and we cannot thank him enough for the phenomenal work he has done for us.
    We were referred to John by a couple who had just gotten married in 2010. We are so thrilled that John was able to be a part of our special day. I would highly recommend John Schlia to anyone who wants professional photographs taken. John, we can’t thank you enough! We have certainly enjoyed your work as well as your company.

Sent on 01/07/2013

Delia · Married on 07/01/2012

John captured every moment of our wedding day beautifully!

So happy with our album.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Phil · Married on 07/01/2012

My wife and I were completely thrilled with John's services. He is courteous, professional and very creative.

Sent on 04/13/2013

Sydney · Married on 06/23/2012

We had so much fun working with John on our wedding day! He was professional but laid back so we felt totally relaxed. He was super helpful in finding poses for us that took full advantage of our wedding location. He also did a wonderful job of capturing some truly beautiful moments with our family and friends. We are both so happy with our photos, and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer who will record their day in a way that represents them as a couple.

Sent on 09/02/2012
  • Chelsey

Chelsey · Married on 06/09/2012

John was my wedding photographer. He was absolutely wonderful to work with. I have worked with a few photographers in the past for family photos and such, and John was the best. He did all the photos that we wanted and he presented us with other great poses. He was very patient with us and was willing to spend more time with us than was originally planned. He also traveled almost three hours to photograph for us. We are planning on using John as our photographer again in the future. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Kelli · Married on 05/12/2012

John was awesome to work with. He was very professional and had lots of ideas for poses and locations. He was easy-going and fun. We didn't have many pose ideas and John definitely was able to come up with great ideas, yet he made sure we were comfortable with everything. We didn't ever feel confined to one location, and he was flexible in stopping at unique places. He took his time at every location to make sure that positioning and lighting was perfect. He took the time to learn guests names so that he was able to speak with them professionally and make everyone feel comfortable and welcomed in the pictures. We would choose John again any day!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 03/09/2012

If you want wedding photography that reflects YOUR style, and not just what the photographer thinks is best, then John is your guy. He listened to what my husband and I are passionate about (wine, food, and each other!) and took breathtaking photos that reflect US! His photo-journalistic style captured our little moments and made them big memories.

We are a military family that is stationed across America, and John came up with a package that fits our crazy clan.

But all this comes with a price, and John was upfront about how much it would cost, and we never encountered hidden fees. Even my cheap-scape husband appreciated the value of John's expertise.

I highly recommend John Schlia Photography, and if I had to do it again, I would choose him every time.

Just one more thing: the website that he posts your proofs on is mobile compatible, which is so fantastic. I was discussing wedding photography with a friend today, and whipped out my phone to show her my pictures. The site loaded quickly and I was able to flip through the photographs instead of having to resize and scroll through the page, like she had to do with her photographer's. It really is the little things that count.

Sent on 05/31/2012

C · Married on 04/17/2011

We live in Northern Virginia but our wedding was in Romulus, NY. Since we're not familiar with any vendors in the Finger Lakes area, it was a little challenging finding/trusting people to pull off our winery wedding. Though I don't think this particular program is being offered anymore, we arranged our photography through David's Bridal and they assigned us John Schlia. I consider ourselves very lucky to have had the opportunity to work someone as talented and professional as John. He took hundreds of amazing pictures of us for upwards of 8 hours. They were very lovely and people are still raving about them even though our wedding was 6 months ago. He got the pictures back to us very quickly and the quality was impeccable. He's very patient and clever and works really hard for the shots he thinks will work well. I normally hate looking at pictures of myself, but you know it's a good sign when you can't stop flipping through them. I wish we lived closer to him so he could document all our major moments. I would highly advise everyone to work with him if you have the opportunity. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/15/2013

rob · Married on 10/30/2010

very nice, professional, easy to work with, accommodating, excellent pricing structure and plenty of photo options after the fact (frames, albums, videos, etc). I have and will continue to refer him to any of my friends who need his services

Sent on 02/22/2011

Erin · Married on 09/04/2010

John was extremely professional and captured so many little moments throughout the day that we normally would have missed. He found the fun and sincere moments that occurred throughout the day and now we have a wonderful keepsake for years to come.

Sent on 02/28/2011

Lori & Joe · Married on 10/03/2009

We were very pleased with John's work. He was very easy to work with and we had several great photos to choose from.

Sent on 02/28/2011

Danita · event on 11/07/2012

It was great to work with John!!! True professionalism throughout the whole process! He checked with the Eastman House, met us there on time and captured the love that my husband and I share for each other and for our son, Gregory!!! He was truly spectacular and it was great to share the photos with our extended families!!! He made our Christmas card better than ever!!! Kudos for a job well done!!!

Sent on 01/29/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/10/2015

John was absolutely fantastic! He was extremely flexible and creative which definitely assisted in creating such beautiful photos. Johns natural approach to photography helped my husband become relaxed and truly capture his emotions throughout the day. My only disappointment was there were only a few bridal shots. But overall I highly recommend John. So happy he was a part of my day.

Sent on 02/11/2016

John Schlia Photography's reply:

Hi Olivia,
    Thank you for the review. I'm sorry we didn't get to take more portraits of just you. I'll contact you to set up a complimentary bridal session.
    -John

Shaun · Married on 08/17/2012

John was our photographer for our wedding and he made our special day wonderful. He had his hands full with a massive bridal party and 3 different locations for photos. Throughout the entire process he was patient, courteous and always willing to go the extra mile. The pictures turned out absolutely wonderful and we had a blast working with John. I would highly recommend him again. He was a amazing photographer who worked with us every step of the way. Thanks for all that you did, we'll never forget it!

Thanks,

Shaun & Jennifer Lux

Sent on 10/16/2012

Laura · Married on 06/22/2013

0.0

John did a wonderful job taking photos at my wedding. All of my pictures turned out wonderful!!! He was very unobtrusive. John was easy to work with and was very professional. I plan to work with John for our future photography needs

Sent on 11/22/2013