John R Photo Reviews

John R Photo 6
John R Photo 7

Joshua Butcher · Getting married on 12/31/2019

The perfect moment

John did more than just make our engagement special, he flew across the country to make sure he captured every single moment for us. I can't begin to describe how much it meant to have someone who would hike a mile up hill in the freezing cold to make sure our moment was perfect! Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/06/2019
    John R Photo 16

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Josh! It was definitely an experience, well worth the trip and bearing the freezing cold to help you capture your special moment!
  • Courtney

Courtney · Getting married on 12/31/2019

Absolutely incredible engagement photos

John is absolutely incredible! He did our engagement photos! He takes all of the nerves out of the shoot! He is extremely professional, personable and hilarious! Our photos turned out incredible! If you are looking for a photographer, look no further!

Sent on 05/17/2019
    John R Photo 17

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Courtney! This was our first time at Franklin Park during the spring and you guys made the shoot so easy!

marissa · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Our photos turned out great!

John did an amazing job with our engagement photos! I can only image how beautiful our wedding photos will be. He responds quickly and his creativity shows through his work. I’m beyond happy!

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Marissa! It was great meeting you and your soon to be husband! Super excited to be part of your special day!
  • Shannon

Shannon Wolverton · Married on 06/28/2019

Highly recommend!

Absolutely amazing! Could not have asked for a better experience. We are so in love with the pictures they captured on our special day.

Sent on 07/24/2019

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you so much Shannon! We had a blast on your big day, especially the big dance at the end. Hope to work with you again soon!
  • Alexandrea

Alexandrea · Married on 06/09/2019

Absolutely Perfect

Our experience with John has been beyond perfect ever since we first booked with him last year! Not only is he an amazing photographer but he’s quick and efficient as well! He photographed our wedding 2 days ago and we already have all of our wedding pictures back and edited! The photos that he returned to us captured every single special moment of our wedding day. He is a very skilled photographer and I would recommend him every time!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    John R Photo 18
    John R Photo 19
    John R Photo 20
    John R Photo 21
    John R Photo 22

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Ally! We loved working with you and Jordan on your special day? So happy that you love your photos!
  • Kaylee

Kaylee Propst · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent Wedding Photographer!!

John truly did a wonderful job on my wedding pictures this past weekend. The pictures were absolutely beautiful and exceeded my expectations of what wedding pictures should look like. John was so quick to respond to our request date, confirm that he was available for a date that was short notice (considering most couples book photographers a year in advance), confident, kind, and efficient throughout the whole booking process. On the wedding day he was punctual, eager to get started, moved with purpose, and so helpful with pictures. He was delightful to have and I did not have to worry about what to do because he took charge while trying to accomplish everything that I had wanted. John is an amazing photographer! I will definitely be reaching out to him in the future if I need future pictures done! Thank you so much John!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    John R Photo 23
    John R Photo 24
    John R Photo 25

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Kaylee! It was a pleasure being part of your special day and I’m glad that we were able to help capture it for you !

Lindsay · Married on 06/01/2019

Very reasonable

Great pricing. Great communication. Awesome shots of my wedding

Sent on 06/06/2019

Caleb Miller · Married on 05/18/2019

Can’t wait to work with John again

John is an immensely talented photographer at a great price. He was responsive, proactive, friendly, and easy to work with during our entire wedding process. I would book him again for the wedding without reservation. Can’t recommend his services enough, and can’t wait to book him for another project!

Sent on 05/21/2019
    John R Photo 26
    John R Photo 27
    John R Photo 28

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Caleb! You and Lindsey were an absolute pleasure to work with and your wedding was so beautiful! Congrats again!
  • Hannah

Hannah D · Married on 05/12/2019

Amazing wedding photographer!

We found John R Photo on Thumbtack and saw that he was a great value in comparison to other wedding photographers. When we first reached out he was quick to respond and, upon our first phone call, gave us resources to prepare for our wedding photos whether we picked him or not. After choosing him, we had our engagement shoot in the snow in the middle of February and had a blast for two hours with him and his assistant. Our photos were to us within a day. For our wedding, he was very well-prepared and took some amazing photos even though there was much less time than expected and less than ideal weather. Again, he got us all our pictures within a day and a half.
    Overall, John was incredibly professional, fun, timely to respond, and timely with our photos. I can’t recommend him enough!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    John R Photo 34
  • Acacia

Acacia · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent experience

Working with John and his wife was an awesome experience! They were so patient and helpful with poses and positioning, I have never had professional pictures done and I was so happy with how they came out. They are perfect! His price is really great for the time and quality of work and what he provides. I can’t wait to have another event and work with him again

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Acacia! So happy you loved the photos! It was an absolute pleasure working with you, hope to work for you again in the future!
  • Stacy

Stacy Smith · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding Photos

John was wonderful to work with. Not only were his photos beautiful, he was easy to get along with. He was very responsive when I had questions up to the day of the wedding. He captured the wedding day exactly as I had requested. I received a few photos the night of our wedding and received all photos within a very short time frame. I was pleasantly surprised with how quick I received all photos. We will definitely be using John for our daughter’s photos in the near future; I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 05/14/2019
    John R Photo 39
  • Joe

Joe Milacek · Married on 04/22/2019

Couldn't be better!

In looking for a wedding photographer, a few things were important to us: a modern style of photography; liking the photographer; communication; value. John could not have nailed these things more perfectly. Most importantly, he takes excellent photos: he knows where and how to take engagement/wedding photos if you're clueless, but will also listen to you and do whatever you want if you have any specifics. We felt fully comfortable trusting his judgment, and the photos turned out amazing. In addition, John went out of his way to accommodate us based on some special circumstances. And if you're worried about waiting a long time to receive your photos after the session: don't worry about that! John's turnaround time was hard to believe. In short, we immensely enjoyed the photo sessions, the end results, and John himself.

Sent on 04/25/2019

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Joe! It was awesome meeting you and Emily and helping you capture your special day. Glad I was able to help out!
  • Patty

Patty · Married on 01/20/2019

50th Anniversary Celebration

John is the greatest. He went out of his way to do any and everything we could possibly want, to capture each moment. He even went outside in -11 degrees, rain and snow, to take pictures of the party through the windows. I couldn’t be happier. Every picture is perfect.
    If you’re in Ohio you’ll remember Saturday’s weather. January 19th, 2019. John certainly earned his price plus!! Because of the weather 40 of the people couldn’t get there. Still, 65 made it. John was there, all set up, before we got there!
    Thank you, John R Photo.
    We couldn’t be more grateful!!

Sent on 01/23/2019
    John R Photo 51
    John R Photo 52
    John R Photo 53

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Patty! It was awesome meeting you and your beautiful family! Congratulations again on 50 years of marriage to Frank!

Sara Butz · Married on 01/16/2019

Efficient effective and fabulous photos!

Very easy to schedule pay and coordinate dot-dot. Put you at ease very professional we had both John and John assist and take pictures of my son who's 6 and my fiance and I. Travel to Mount Vernon willing to go with the flow and suggested awesome ideas and did everything they could to capture us perfectly.

Sent on 01/17/2019

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Sara! It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, your fiancé and your son! Hope to work with you and you’re family again in the future!

Shelly Noble · Married on 12/09/2018

Great Photographer

John did an amazing job on a wedding that I coordinated this past weekend. He was very friendly and easy to work with upfront. He arrived on time for the wedding and got right to work. We are more than pleased with the work he did, his pictures captured each moment perfectly. The quality of the pictures were excellent and his customer service the day of was superb. His work far outweighs his price and I will continually refer him to my future bride and grooms!

Sent on 12/11/2018

John R Photo's reply:

Thank you Shelly! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and the amazing couple. I can't wait for your next event!

Mike · Married on 10/27/2018

Professional

Extremely professional and you can tell he really enjoyed taking the pictures it's more than a job. Went above and beyond to get that perfect angle and my spouse and I appreciate it greatly !

Jon Toland · Married on 08/11/2018

Incredible

Amazing, affordable photos. I will most certainly be using John R Photo again. Absolutely stunning work.

John Mast · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing work

My wife and I were so pleased with the entire experience. Pictures were exactly what we wanted and John was fantastic to work with.

Giordana Lisken · Married on 08/09/2018

Engagement Photos

John R Photo took the best pictures of my engagement. He is so personable and made it so easy to work with him. The pictures are amazing!!