22 Reviews for John P. Martinez "Guitarist Extraordinaire"

Guitar (4)
Instrumental-Solo (3)
Cocktail Hour (3)
Soloist / Vocalist (2)
Ceremony (2)
Instrumentals (2)
Learn New Songs (1)
Vocals (1)

This was not for a wedding, but I booked John’s duet group, Chile Pi, for a dinner at a corporate conference in Albuquerque. I have a very social group, so any music I book must be of the background variety. The night of the dinner (which was outdoors) there was an EPIC thunderstorm. John and his partner Susan, and all of their equipment got DRENCHED. I don’t know how they managed to keep their spirits up but they dried everything off, moved it all inside, and started up the show again, running it late and entertaining our attendees. They have a lovely blend of voices and were the perfect entertainment for this particular group, some who wanted to socialize with background music and some who wanted to actively listen. Thank you, John and Susan!

Profile Picture Tori, 8/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I contracted John to play at an evening event honoring eleven candidates for Judgeship. I knew that it was likely to be a diverse group of individuals. Therefore, I wanted someone who could both entertain during conversational lolls, or blend in when conversations required strictly background music. I found that John responded quickly to quests, as well as to my own minor shuffling of schedule, with good humored ease. I highly recommend him to others as a truly professional entertainer.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 5/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Entertainer

John is a fantastic guitarist and was a pleasure to have play at our wedding!

Profile Picture Paul, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

John did a great job at our pre-wedding reception. He played beautifully and it was a wonderful complement to our event to have a live musician. John was very willing to work with us and was very professional in his dealings with us. I would recommend John.

Profile Picture Urvashi, 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Instrumental-Solo

John was wonderful to work with! My husband and I had been planning our entire wedding from 1200 miles away so working with trying to book and talk details with vendors worried me at the start of planning but there was no miscommunication with him.. Hew is very responsive with any questions or concerns that you might have. With my crazy schedule and being in a different time zone he made sure that he would call me when ever worked best for me. Whether it was email or a phone call very easy to get hold of! The wedding was Beautiful and even though I was not at the cocktail hour all our guests absolutely loved him and his performance. That day was such a busy whirl wind but I couldn't thank him more for helping with our big day!

Profile Picture Lauralee, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Guitar

We asked John to play for our daughter's wedding 2 weeks ago. I booked him well in advance. His website has an extensive list of pieces he plays. I gave him a list based on that list and it was just perfect. He double checked with me exactly the type of piece and genre to be played. He totally set the mood with the guitar during the wedding. Many of the out of town guests commented on his playing during the cocktail hour as he played Spanish flamenco type music then as well as for the recessional! He was great to work with and was exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend him. I also went to listen to him play at a local restaurant before I contacted him. He usually posts where he is playing so you can go and check him out! Book him. He's great!

Profile Picture Nancy, 3/10/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Great background music for all generations. Many compliments from guests.

Profile Picture User5261124, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Cocktail Hour, Soloist / Vocalist

John is so awesome and easy to work with. We went to his house to do a planning session and his extensive library of songs he is able to play was impressive. He played at our wedding a few months ago at the Tamaya Resort. He performed our ceremony music along with the cocktail hour entertainment. The romantic Spanish song we selected really set the tone we were going for during the ceremony. Then for the cocktail hour he was able to rock out and play songs by the eagles and other varieties of music. He was on time and his pricing was definitely affordable.

Profile Picture Julia, 6/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Vocals, Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Soloist / Vocalist

John pleased every age group and allowed fun and flexibility to the reception !

Profile Picture Tim, 7/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

John's guitar music was the highlight of the evening! We originally told him to only play classical Spanish music, but farther into the evening gave him the go ahead to expand to appropriate vocals. We were so glad we did! His voice is beautiful and his guitar playing is exquisite! And he was extremely personable as well. We will definitely seek him out at other venues just to listen to him play!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Wow!!! I highly recommend John for any of your events. His talent is better than I have experienced in a long time. My daughters wedding had that true romantic feel. Several of the guests asked how they can get to book their events.

Profile Picture Annie, 7/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

John did a great job playing for our ceremony. We saw his videos on GigMaster and fell in love with one his recommended processional songs "Winds of Change". John was quick to respond to our inquiries and made himself available for a phone audition. We also went to see him play live at a few restaurants, which was really fun. The guests at our wedding really enjoyed hearing him play as they waited for the ceremony to start. Having his acoustic guitar was the perfect touch to our New Mexico wedding in an adobe church.

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Beautiful music, very talented musician and singer! John is very professional, I would recommend him highly.

Profile Picture Louella, 11/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

John provided processional and social hour music at my daughters' wedding and did an outstanding job! They music was fantastic and professional. John stayed in constant contact and had suggestions to make the musical experience joyful.

Profile Picture David, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

John Martinez is a wonderful classically educated guitarist.

Profile Picture Patricia, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

John was very professional, he was willing to learn a specific song that I wanted to walk down the aisle to. He performed extremely well.

Profile Picture User4541669, 2+ years ago, 1 Review