John & Max Mills Photography Reviews

89 | Los Angeles, CA

89 Reviews for John & Max Mills Photography

Molly · Married on 05/12/2012

I picked John & Max after reading reviews online. They were just perfect! I haven't seen the photos yet, but they were very responsive and easy to work with. During the wedding they made us feel really comfortable. They shoot at La Venta Inn (where we had our wedding) frequently so they know all the good spots to take photos. I'm so glad I picked them. I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer in the area.

Sent on 06/03/2012
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 03/24/2012

Wonderful folks to work with and great photos! They are very professional. The services render went met beyond our expectations for our engagement and wedding. And the signature book - WOW. Can't wait to see our wedding book when it's finished. Linda and Scott Married March 2012

Sent on 06/08/2012

It was a pleasure to work with John and Maxine. They are professionals at what they do. With all the chaos of a wedding it was very comforting knowing that John and Maxine had the photography covered. From beginning to end my whole family is extremely pleased with the photos, my wife and I have said many times we made the right choice for photographers. I would recommend John and Maxine to anyone looking for a photographer for any event. Thanks John and Maxine for an awesome day and awesome memories!!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Karen · Married on 08/14/2011

John and Max Mills Photography were absolutely wonderful! From day one through the following 8 months to our wedding they were extremely helpful and professional and answered any questions or concerns we had. Everything went so smooth and perfect. We only wish it could have lasted longer. The only problem we had was actually trying to decide on the vast majority and numbers of pictures to decide upon!!! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/03/2011

Tracy · Married on 03/05/2011

My husband and I picked John & Max Mills after they were highly recommended to us by PVGC (Palos Verdes Golf Club), where our reception was held. They were and are fantastic! Both John and Max were amazing photographers and not only professional but also very personable. As a husband and wife team, they photographed our engagement photos, wedding and reception photos, and the day after our wedding photos (aka: trash the dress). What I found amazing about them is that they were able to capture the special moments of our day without being in the way of our day. I've been to weddings where the photographer is a mere inches away from the couple the entire time which really intrudes on the feel of the wedding. John and Max were discreet (so much so that we sometimes forgot that we were even being photographed!) yet able to get some amazing pictures. Both my husband and I are living out of the country and had to plan the wedding abroad and they were so flexible about working with us, despite an 8 hour time difference. Through e-mails and carefully timed phone calls, John and Max were able to work around our schedule of when we would be in town and to coordinate the day. They listened to our requests and were open to our ideas (including a perfectly timed sunset stop between the ceremony and reception which resulted in gorgeous photos). They were also very patient and clear about picking our photos, albums, etc. and very honest about pricing (which was very reasonable and worth every penny!). John and Max are simply perfection at what they do yet are so humble that you want to invite them over for dinner just because they are so sweet. Your search for a photographer is over...choose John and Max and you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/06/2011
  • I

itoka · Married on 01/09/2011

Max and John are one of the most polite, warm, calm, fun, and loving people I ever met.
    In the midst of wedding chaos, they stayed calm and gave us clear instructions of what to do (how to stand, where to look) and made us laugh (really) so that our smiles are not fake LOL.
    Throughout the wedding, they took many pictures that are overflowing with love, they are so good that you can almost hear us laughing.
    Now we have all of our special moments in beautiful pictures that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
    Thank you Max and John!

Sent on 02/11/2011

Cheryl · Married on 11/20/2010

Really can't say enough about Max and John. They work as a team flawlessly! We had our daughter's wedding in Palos Verdes Estates, and her reception at the Crowne Plaza in Redondo Beach. Max and John were there to catch every moment of our event! They were professional, courteous, quick, creative, prompt, and efficient. We can't say enough about them, except to add, in addition they were a pleasure to work with! What more can you ask than that?

Sent on 12/06/2010

Crystal · Married on 11/20/2010

Through this wedding process, Max and John were more than our photographers but they became our friends. They are so great at ensuring that they put their client's feelings and wants above anything else. They continually work WITH you and make sure that your dream comes true in the photos that they take. We are so excited to recieve the professional photos back. I know they will loook amazing because I trust this team so much! Thank you for ensuring that we didn't just get photos, but we got an awesome experience and wonderful friends. THank you!

Sent on 01/19/2011

Diana · Married on 09/24/2010

Using John and Max Mills was absolutely one of, if not the most positive experiences in the planning of my wedding. It is from their kindness to their professionalism that made one of the most important days of my life so stress free! On a day when there are 100 other things to worry about, I knew that I could count on them. Then there is the quality of their pictures. From our engagement photos to our wedding album, they were able to capture all of the elements of the day from beginning to end in exactly the way we had discussed in our meetings prior. Now I look back at our album and tears come to my eyes...Thank you John and Max for making my wedding day truly the best day of my life!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Joe · Married on 08/28/2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with John and Max Mills. They were wonderful. They understood exactly what we wanted from start to finish and the final product was beautiful. We would absolutely recommend Mills Photography to anyone for their wedding.

Sent on 03/12/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/05/2010

John & Max Mills are fantasic! Finding just the right photographer to capture our wedding day was extremely important to us. Our wedding was at Wayfarers Chapel and our reception was at the Palos Verdes Country Club. John & Max were extremely familiar with both locations, they were professional, organized, creative, artistic, time efficient and very personable. Mills Photography website allowed us to be very interactive with designing our wedding photo album. Our wedding album blew us away! It is more amazing than we ever could have imagined. John & Max captured every wonderful moment of our wedding day and we will cherish our album and memories forever.

Sent on 11/16/2010

Gloria · Married on 05/30/2010

I had the pleasure of working with Max and John Mills recently for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. Max and John were both a delight to work with and though highly recommended, far exceeded my expectations.
    They put everyone at ease during the formal pictures, got all the pictures I had requested plus ones that I didn't think to ask for but were so happy to have. They captured the mood, and beauty of the ceremony and the exuberant feeling of the reception while remaining unobtrusive.
    Of utmost importance was the fact that we are left with the most stunning, creative albums which are a testament to their professional expertise.

Sent on 12/31/2010

Celeste · Married on 04/09/2010

Worth every penny--John and Max are both phenomenal photographers and very service oriented. Our album is absolutely stunning. Our wedding was at La Venta and we chose them because they had photographed numerous weddings there throughout the years. We were able to look at literally hundreds of wedding pictures taken at La Venta months prior to our wedding and tell them, we like this picture, we don't like that one, we definitely want something like this, we definitely don't want that, etc. And it paid off--we just got our wedding album and I can't stop looking at it!! It's amazing, creative, beautiful, and unique. They captured every moment perfectly. And they weren't in the way, either. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Mike · Married on 02/06/2010

It was wonderful working with Maxine and John Mills photography for our wedding photos. We were initially overwhelmed by all the different options at first but Maxine thoroughly walked us through the process. That really helped us come up with the perfect vision for the perfect wedding album, that we will treasure forever. On our big day, we were happy having a couple that we felt so comfortable around for the whole day. It was easy for us to be ourselves because we couldn't help but be at ease with John and Max around. The quick, responsiveness, delivery and quality of our pictures were more than I could have ever expected. We would highly recommend John & Max Mills Photography to anyone!

Sent on 04/05/2010

skyle · Married on 01/01/2010

John & Max were all very easy to work with,knowledgeable,courteous and friendly. I absolutely loved the quality of the pictures taken.John & Max have great service.

Sent on 02/25/2010

Robert · Married on 12/01/2009

Sent on 05/27/2010

Kristen · Married on 10/02/2009

John and Max were so easy to work with! As a busy working bride, I didn't always have the time to keep detailed records of all of the conversations that I had with the many vendors. No need with the Mills...they had everything organized for me. Max was so responsive to any emails or questions that I had.

On the day of the wedding they were early, helpful and so kind to our wedding party. They were so unobtrusive during the ceremony, they left us all wondering if they had even taken any shots in the church! Not to fear - once we received the proofs it was evident that their wonderful work had captured all of the most important moments of our day.

Too often, vendors stop responding to you once they have your money in hand. Not the Mills! As we are reviewing our proofs for our album, they have been helpful and timely. Their business is supported by word of mouth endorsements, so they take customer satisfaction seriously. Their hassle-free approach to their work makes working with them a pleasure.

Sent on 01/19/2010

Kamisha · Married on 09/26/2009

Though it may sound cliché, our wedding was truly a magical experience. From the initial planning to the final execution, everything flowed seamlessly. We seemed to be at the right place at the perfect time to make the ideal connection. Consequently, all of the vendors, for our September 27th wedding, were deemed the best in their field. While it’s good to hear the accolades, I was anxious to see the action. As they say, “talk is cheap.” Needless to say, John & Max Mills Photography EXCEEDED our expectations.

Like all engaged couples, we began researching and interviewing the vendors for our event. While we used the internet to supplement our search, our main guide was La Venta’s vendor list. Our coordinator checked off the top recommendations from their list. They suggested 3 photographers. Max and Mills were our second appointment, and after our meeting, we realized that we did not need to see the third photographer.

From the start, there was a wonderful connection. They are such warm and caring people, who expressed a sincere interest in the effortless success of our wedding day. Moreover, they put us at ease encouraging us to savor the experience. They worked within our budget and provided us with a spectacular package. Of particular benefit was the “Get to know you” session.

For John and Max Mills, the details are a critical element in creating the beautiful tapestry of a greater moment. This is why the “Get to know you” session is so important. We spent a couple of hours getting comfortable in front of the camera, as well as with each other. This was crucial because my wife had trouble relaxing in front of the camera. They offered suggestions and invited us to play off this starting point. They are equally adept at staging photographic moments and capturing poignant candid shots.

In the weeks leading up to the wedding they would call to remind us about pending appointments or other items critical to the success of our day. They arrived early and put our entire wedding party (which was enormous) at ease. While they took hundreds of photographs their presence was unobtrusive and hardly noticeable. They did such a great job that my wife looked flawless in the photos. She shined in every picture they took, which is a testament to their skill as photographers as well as creating a relaxing environment.

When we finally showed our friends and families proofs of our wedding they were so dazzled that many thought that the images had been retouched. When we assured them that these were authentic they were astonished. My wife is so impressed and excited that we are looking forward to having them capture the next major event in our lives. We can offer no higher praise than to say that John and Max Mills are our photographers for life.

Sent on 04/08/2010

Julie · Married on 09/13/2009

John and Max did the photography for our wedding at Verandas in Manhattan Beach this past Sept. They were a pleasure to work with and made our wedding day even more special.
    They have a very personal approach to their work that is truly genuine and sincere. They listened to our needs and were extremely nice and easy to work with. Our pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous!
    We had a lot of fun taking the wedding and engagement photos.
    We did our engagement session at LACMA, and had the best time taking pictures by the light post sculptures. The pictures turned our very contemporary and fun. Just our style!
    We are very happy with the beautiful wedding pictures, are so exited to see our album in the next few months.
    We strongly recommend Mills Photography!

Sent on 12/07/2009

N · Married on 09/05/2009

John and Max Mills photographed our wedding at La Venta Inn this past summer and it was a wonderful, stress-free, and high-quality experience. We strongly recommend them!!!

After an initial consultation, we opted to do a �get to know you� session a few weeks before the wedding; just some casual pictures at some of our favorite L.A. haunts that we could share with friends and display at the wedding itself. (John and Max can create wedding-day displays for you, or they can release the photos to you in time for you to create your own displays at the wedding.) This was a very relaxing afternoon without any set formulae�whenever an opportune moment arose, they snapped a picture, all the while casually strolling along with us and, as the session�s title suggests, getting to know us a little. John and Max are a couple with excellent chemistry and great senses of humor, and they work so well together�this session captured some beautiful photos and, perhaps more importantly, it made us feel as if we were in good hands for the big day! Shortly after the GTKY session, a cd arrived in the mail with all of our pictures, to do with as we pleased. (Never in this process did we feel pressure from the photographers to buy the fanciest package or spend more more more�John and Max do incredible finishing work and they offered us plenty of beautiful packaging and framing options, but they also appreciated our budgeting, and were very considerate and classy about catering to our modest needs.)

The wedding-day was handled with professionalism and unobtrusiveness. On a day when there�s so much to remember, so many small details to sweat and so many deliveries to time, it was a tremendous relief to see John and Max arriving exactly when they had promised. Before lots of guests arrived, they took some gorgeous venue/flower/table pictures, captured some candids of us getting ready, and, generally, warmed up without being in anyone�s way. Then, right on schedule, they commenced with the very long list of family photos we�d concocted, managing to get them all finished before the ceremony was set to begin. Once the event was in process, they somehow managed to capture every key moment without us even sensing their presences, and, for those special pictures we�d asked them to coordinate (such as a whole-group photo with flower-tossing), they got the job done respectfully and quickly. As the night wore on, they had us do some terrific bride-and-groom photos around the venue (showcasing their familiarity with the site and its staff�an invaluable asset!) including some breathtaking sunset pictures. Needless to say, when the cd of wedding photos arrived in the mail, we were extremely pleased!

All in all, the experience with John and Max was entirely positive and we hope others will benefit from our recommendation.

Sent on 12/06/2009

Noel · Married on 08/02/2009

We had a lot of fun taking the wedding and engagement photos.
    We strongly recommend Mills Photography!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Bob · Married on 04/10/2009

Max and John, worked with us for a long time, to plan out what we needed/wanted, they are true photographers and great at what they do.

Sent on 04/11/2009

Jenni · Married on 03/28/2009

Being a teacher I had the summer off to do my research and prepare for our wedding. I interviewed a variety of photographers and did MY homework on various vendors. Their photographs are what first caught my eye; remarkable shots with beautiful back grounds. I saw their website and was impressed, but it wasn�t until someone recommended them that I decided to call. I met with John and Max and was instantly at ease by their personality, very easy to talk to and understanding of our needs.

We have been so pleased with John & Max throughout the process. They were very familiar with the property, which made the photos an easy and quick transition between the wedding and reception allowing us more time with our guests. Most importantly, our photos came out fantastic! Their creativity shows in our photographs and is truly an art. They have an eye for capturing the perfect photo at the right time.

Sent on 08/14/2009

lemeesa · Married on 01/24/2009

max and john are very serious about their craft and they are true artists. We got a great price, and they spent hours with us making sure we were completely satisfied with the photos. They gave us a variety of perspectives, and their editing tools are magic. Mostly, aside from the great compositions and amazing photos, I was really thankful for the amount of time and care they put into our wedding. I got so many compliments from my friends and family and am so happy with my choice. Thanks guys for your patience: max, you are so kind and sweet; and john you are soooo talented !!!!!

Sent on 02/23/2009

Linda · Married on 12/20/2008

The wedding and reception were at La Venta Inn in Palos Verdes Estates. Our photographers were John & Max Mills of Mills Photography. It is my pleasure to tell you that our experience with them was so outstanding that the entire evening I marveled at their ability to photograph every meaningful moment. Their special talent was to have the guests feel at ease and they became a welcome addition to the festivities.

We just received our pictures and marvel at the beauty and style of each masterpiece that was created by this very talented team. In addition to capturing beautiful candids, their creativity is particularly obvious in a number of staged photos that are not only fun to look at but especially memorable as they were accomplished so smoothly and expertly by these two extraordinary people.

We are grateful that we chose John and Max Mills/Mills Photography to photograph our wedding. We are thrilled with the results and I would heartily recommend Mills Photography as they have shown how much they are dedicated to capturing a joyous and tender showcase of this most memorable time in our lives.

Sent on 02/08/2009