John Bouma Photography Reviews

29 | Miami, FL

29 Reviews for John Bouma Photography

Kristan · Married on 12/19/2015

John was one of the best assets to our December 2015 wedding. He was supportive, flexible, and talented. His patience and guidance the day of the wedding was much needed, as we had high winds which made it difficult to stand there in a big dress and veil. The pictures were flawless, and I cannot express the amount of compliments we received on the photography. Even surpassing his talent was his kind personality that made my wedding guests feel comfortable with him. They raved about how awesome he was as a photographer and as a person. I so very highly recommend you to use John as your wedding photographer. There will be no disappointment.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Raquel · event on: 04/25/2015

John was AMAZING!!! My pictures were so beautiful and he captured all the special moments with our loved ones. I recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Anne · Married on 01/17/2015

Picture Perfect!!

So happy to have had John do our engagement and Wedding. He knows what he is doing! Professional and friendly. We purchased a package that included our engagement shoot and he drove all the way from Miami to Islamorada to get the shots. It was our first ever professional shoot and I was so nervous because I didn't know how to pose! He had a portfolio you could use for ideas and a really great artistic eye for capturing us and the location. He always got my good side...ha! He was just as amazing at the Wedding! He got all of the little details, us, and the location. Highly recommend him to be your photographer for whatever your needs are.

Thank you John!

Annie & Mikey Onsgard

Sent on 01/30/2015

Ana · Married on 12/20/2014

I could not be happier with John's work!! Amazing photographer!!! Professional and the quality of the pictures are awesome!! He certainly makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. I definitely recommend him!! a 100% :)))

Sent on 02/28/2015

Paige · Married on 11/21/2014

We were very pleased with the quality of our photos as well as the selection of photos to choose from. He was easy to work with, flexible, and understanding of what we wanted for our wedding day. He did a great job of capturing the moments, yet still making it feel romantic because we didn't always know he was there. Additionally, John offered excellent prices that were affordable and pracitcal. I would highly recommend John to be your wedding photographer!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Jean · Married on 10/07/2014

I can not say enough about John Bouma! We found John in July, 2013 when my husband and I wanted to do our engagement photos! John is based out of Miami and traveled to Key West to do our Engagement session! Our pictures were amazing and a year later, he traveled back to Key West where we got married and I am absolutely blown away! He has been the most reliable, professional, and selfless vendor I have ever worked with! John kept in touch throughout the year and has impeccable attention to detail! He was able to capture some of the most intimate moments and details of our day and I will never forget as the years go by. If your need of a photographer for any special or simple life events, John is the perfect choice and one you won't regret!!! Thank you so much John!!! Our pictures are beautiful and timeless!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Stephanie · Married on 12/07/2013

Our wedding was in a public place with strangers surrounding us and John was able to create photos that were intimate. He was very flexible and worked with all of our friends and family to capture our wedding memories effortlessly.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Stephanie · Married on 12/07/2013

Listened to my requests, had a lot of good ideas and took great pictures!

Sent on 12/15/2013

stephanie · Married on 12/07/2013

John was very polite and listened to our requests. He was very quick and good with the children.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Anastacia · Married on 08/10/2013

John was an absolute miracle when it came to photography for our wedding. He was extremely professional and beyond patient with us. Coming up to the wedding day my husband and I had encountered personal emergencies that chewed up a lot of our wedding savings, so unfortunately we were about to cancel working with him because we knew we would be short on our payment to him. When my husband called him to give him the bad news he assured us that he understood and that it was our big day and of course he would be there. I was so floored. I couldn't believe that he would be willing to come to our wedding and provide us with a service knowing that he wouldn't be able to receive full payment yet. At this point, anyone would expect or fear that when the big day came if he did show up his work would be lacking due to our situation. John showed up not just on time, but over an hour early. He started snapping pictures the moment he got there and throughout the day he treated us like we were celebrities. I can hands down say that John was my favorite vendor and I was extremely thankful that I got in contact with him because he truly made our day that much more special. His professionalism was beyond compare, and his work was beautiful and I can't get enough compliments on the quality. Trust that you will be in good hands with John. :)

Sent on 09/30/2013

Lily · Married on 04/06/2013

John Bouma was FANTASTIC! I got married in Key West and live in Los Angeles so we were only able to speak by phone before the wedding and John was totally on top of everything and showing me samples of his style of work. The wedding was fantastic and John was amazing! My husband hates getting photos taken and even he felt comfortable with John. He loved him actually! Everyone at the wedding raved about him and the pictures are WONDERFUL! Seriously, they could not be better and we are so happy. He followed up with me all night making sure I got the photos that were important and otherwise did candid hits that are so fun to look back on. I HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 04/25/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/23/2013

John was awesome from beginning to end! He's very professional, takes pride in his work, and flexable. My husband hates taking pictures and he put him at ease. Everyone at the wedding loved him and remarked how polite he was. He even sent us about 60 pictures the following day just to giv us a sneak peak as to what he had shot! Very talented photographer and we look forward to using his services in the future! Thanks John!
    Hugs,
    Wendy and James

Sent on 03/27/2013

Jessica · Married on 01/20/2013

Great value ! I just needed a photographer for a small wedding luncheon - and John provided great pricing, great photos, service and fast turn around in the cd. Would use again!

Sent on 02/18/2013

We shot with John on two different occasions (engagement photos and wedding photos). I to say that John is such a "people person" if you know what I mean. We felt so good and comfortable shooting with him. My fiance (now my wife) kept commenting how much fun she was having during the engagement photo shoot. Who knew it could be so fun to have photos taken? Once we receive the photos from the engagement shoot, she was so excited that she couldn't even stay still and get through them all. LOL. She was literally jumping with joy because the photos came out so amazing. Having John shoot our wedding was everything we wanted and more. He truly was focused on getting the best photos for us whether we were taking family portraits or candid photos throughout the event. John is a true professional and we thank him so very much for the amazing photos.

Sent on 02/06/2013

John Bouma captured perfect wedding moments. He creates beautiful compositions and directs with enthusiasm and professionalism. We are very happy with his work!

Sent on 12/19/2012

Andy · Married on 10/06/2012

John was the best, Very professional but made my wife and I feel very comfortable, like family. The photo's were awesome, he didn't miss a photo the whole night. We received the edited photo's withing 10 days, which is very reasonable I would highly recommend John for any photo shoot.

Thanks Again John

Andy

Sent on 11/19/2012

We chose John Bouma to photograph our wedding ceremony and reception and were very happy with his photographs. He was able to record many images that really captured spirit of our wedding as well as being visually stunning. It was evident throughout the evening that John cared about us and the images he was memorializing.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Cori · Married on 06/30/2012

I would highly recommend John Bouma! He photographed my beach wedding and the pictures came out SPECTACULAR! Not only does he take amazing pictures, but he is so wonderful to work with. He's very mild mannered which is refreshing on an action packed day. He arrived early and stayed well past the time that I paid for. I was a bride on a budget, and I he offers such amazing quality work at a really fair and resonable price that I feel so lucky to have found him. He even drove all the way up to Jupiter for my wedding. If you are looking for a great photographer at a great price who will provide you with a disc of all of your pictures (unlike others who hold your pictures hostage or charge you addition money for them), then you should hire John Bouma. I would recommend him to anyone!!! I couldn't be happier with my pictures. They are AMAZING!!! Thank you John! Cori

Sent on 07/18/2012

Hamsy · Married on 04/21/2012

John was excellent! Everyone had nothing but good comments about the way he worked during the ceremony and reception and my pictures are beautiful! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Erin · Married on 04/19/2012

We can’t say enough good words about our experience with John Bouma Photography! We have received a ton of compliments on our wedding photos. John had great ideas and also humored us with our own ideas of what would make a great picture. We could not be happier with our choice in wedding photographers!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Rachael · Married on 02/29/2012

John was awesome! We could not have asked for a more personable professional talented artist to capture our wedding day. He went above and beyond our expectations with a sneak peak of images the very next day! Our completed photos were amazing and also finished very quickly and the price was great! We would highly recommend John Bouma photography!

Sent on 03/14/2012

Cecilia · Married on 12/17/2011

I could not be more pleased to have chosen John as my photographer. He is really calm and easy going which is important on your big day! I saw a couple of pics, and they are breathtaking!! Can't wait to use him now for our pet photos!!!

Sent on 12/24/2011

Bob · Married on 05/24/2011

Our wedding was simple and short-notice. John was adaptable and accommodating. He came prepared and let the moments unfold while he worked his magic. His photojournalistic style meshed perfectly with what we were looking to record, the honesty and candor of a loving celebration. I can't speak highly enough about his ability as a photographer and as a professional who knows how to interact with his subjects to ease the stressful moments, encourage a flow and deliver quality shots.

Turnaround time with photos was also unbelievably quick. At every step he's made us feel part of the process and has extended himself the extra mile. Many may be able to shoot a wedding, but few like John can capture the experience. Thanks for everything.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Lissette · Married on 05/21/2011

John is an excellent Photographer! He made it a point to sit down and get to know us both before our big day to understand our sense of style/personalities. He captured every special moment & was like a machine taking photos non-stop!! His turn-around on the pictures was also unbelievable, The day we came back from our Honeymoon our proofs were ready to review; couldn't have asked for a better ending to our vacation! He has great packages and they are all reasonably priced, you truly get your money's worth plus much, much, more!

John, we thank you so much for making our day truly special and memorable!

We can't wait for our next shoot!

Sincerely,

Lissette & Arben Bajra

Sent on 11/28/2011

Melanie · Married on 02/12/2011

John Bouma is an incredible photographer and great to work with. His photos are amazing and all have a very magical feel to them--I could not be more pleased with my wedding photos. We sent copies to our guests as a thank you, and the feedback we received from everyone was extraordinary. I could not recommend someone more highly. : )

Sent on 04/04/2011