47 Reviews for John Andrews Photography

Negatives (2)
Proofs (2)
Engagement Shoot (1)
46 John Andrews Photography Reviews

I am the third in my family to use John Andrews Photography. Both my sisters and I could not have asked for more beautiful wedding photos! Andrew is beyond talented. He truly captured every moment of our wedding day, including the New Year's Eve celebration at midnight! He even gave us a sneak peek of our photos two days after our wedding (we were dying to see them!!) The slideshow he put together with our selected music is so wonderful; I could watch it over and over again. Andrew is professional, responsive, and has such a gift for capturing all the special moments of a wedding. I would 100% recommend using John Andrews Photography!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 12/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andrew was a pleasure to work with! He and his assistant took beautiful photos, and were friendly and made us feel comfortable.

Profile Picture Katherine, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew is a pleasure to work with! He photographed my wedding and my two siblings! Clearly, he is a family favorite. He's very patient, has great ideas, and produces great work! I would recommend him to you and any friend of mine!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

This was our third time having Andrew as our Photographer. Our oldest daughter was married in June 2010, our son in June 2015 and our youngest daughter in September 2016.

From the first visit to his Elmhurst office back in 2009 in planning our daughter's wedding we felt such care and commitment from Andrew. Everything went smoothly and he was always keeping in contact regarding details. His professionalism and great personality made it such a pleasure to work with him.

Our photos are beautiful. Special memories captured on a very special day!!! We couldn't be more pleased and happy with all three of our experiences with Andrew.

Thank you Andrew!
Sincerely,
Maureen Wood

Profile Picture Brad, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Andrew! I was the first of my friends to get married, so I did not know what I was looking for. I met with numerous photographers and Andrew was the most caring and detailed one and I felt very confident that he would be able to capture our big day perfectly. He is great at communicating and following up to make sure that everything it perfect. After our engagement photo session we could not wait to get the photos back and we were absolutely AMAZED at how the pictures turned out. Also, on our wedding day he was able to capture so many big moments, but he was also able to capture our guests in candid photos which was fun to look through. In addition, he was very quick to return our wedding photos and he again exceeded all my expectations and the photos were AMAZING!! Lastly, it is really unique how he puts all the photos into a slideshow with music and it is just like reliving the best day of my life all over again. I will continue to recommend Andrew to all of my friends getting married and I will definitely use his services in the future.

Profile Picture Olivia, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints

BRIDES! ...and grooms! LOOK AT ANDREW'S WORK! You will be so happy you did.
There are not enough words of praise to describe my experience with John Andrews Photography. Andrew was as courteous, professional, and as talented as they come. From the moment we spoke on the phone, Andrew was warm, inviting, and a pleasure to work with. Andrew provided us with a detailed questionnaire which helped us organize our day and guarantee that everything we wanted to be captured on film, was captured. A week or so before the big day, we met to go over everything step by step. Couples, it is so nice to have one of your vendors keep you as organized as Andrew does. My husband and I LOVE our photos. The slideshow that Andrew provides with his artistic touches… it is incredible. My family and friends are overwhelmed with the quality and beauty of my photos. The only issue I have is that I will never be able to pick a favorite photo. There are just so many amazing images to choose from.

Profile Picture Molly, 2/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Andrew shot my cousins wedding years before I was even engaged, he did such an amazing job at theirs that I knew one day I had to have him for my wedding. We scheduled an over the phone meeting and I knew right away that nothing had changed! Andrew shot our wedding with an Assistant named Tom, you would have no idea he was an assistant from the photos he came up with...there is not one photo in the thousands that I do not like.

They were professional, fun, and truly had an eye for AMAZING photography!

Profile Picture Sylvia , 2/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations

We could not have been more pleased with John Andrews Photography for our wedding! Andrew and Sam were a pleasure to work with, and our photos turned out beautiful!

Profile Picture Erica, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

After reading several reviews online, we stumbled upon Andrew through a referral from a friend. We met with Andrew in person and reviewed sample albums. Based on that meeting, we hired Andrew as his personality and style matched well with the vision we had for our wedding. He and his second shooter, Tom, did an OUSTANDING job on our September wedding! Andrew went over our requests multiple times prior to the wedding to ensure he fully understood our expectations (he even came early when we were running a bit ahead of scheduling with getting ready to ensure he captured all the necessary shots!). During our wedding, he was professional, flexible and polite. He made us feel comfortable during posed pictures and stayed in the background to take candid pictures throughout the day. He really captured the emotion of the entire day; the pictures turned out beautifully! There were many creative, candid and posed pictures. The artistic editing was wonderful, and we absolutely loved the picture slideshow set to music. We are very anxious to get our album finalized to view the beautiful pictures in another way! We would definitely recommend Andrew to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Finding a talented Photographer at a reasonable price was the hardest part of our wedding planning process. We met with many photographers, but after meeting Andrew in person, we knew he was the photographer we wanted to work with. Andrew’s passion for photography started at a young age and his style of taking more than normal number photos during the wedding day allows him to capture that priceless photo you'll never forget. He is a professional and easy to work with. It’s also important to note that he only schedules one wedding a weekend so that he can have time to review photos quickly and turn them around in a timely manner. We felt very confident once we hired Andrew that we were in good hands and he certainly delivered on all of our expectations. I'd highly recommend you put Andrew in your consideration set, you'll be very happy you did.

Profile Picture Steven, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andrew was a pleasure to work with. He has a relaxed disposition that relieved me of stress the day of the wedding. He was incredibly responsive and returned my emails immediately. I love the proof magazine that he provides for his clients that gets sent with the digital negatives, and found his work to be tasteful, clean, and elegant. I have already recommended Andrew to one of my friends who will be using him in May of 2016.

Profile Picture User6109219, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

Andrew was such an incredible photographer. From day one, he was very responsive, easy to work with and open to do whatever we wanted. On the day of, he and his partner were on time, very reliable and willing to get all of the pictures we wanted without being "in the way". Once the photos were returned we were blown away. The proof video was incredible and brought tears of joy to everyone we shared it with. The quality of photos and artistic touches are amazing. We were 110% satisfied with John Andrew Photography and will recommend them to all of our friends as they get engaged in the near future.

Profile Picture Taylor, 1/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would definitely recommend John Andrews for your wedding. We used Andrew for our wedding early December 2014 and could not be happier with the results. There is a wide variety of shots, all of which are beautiful. Andrew is extremely talented and respectful in knowing how important the day is for the happy couple.

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew and his assistant photographer Sam did a wonderful job at our wedding! Andrew and I met in person a few months in advance of the wedding to discuss the photography, and he was a pleasure to work with from that first meeting. I found his name on a CBS Chicago article entitled "Best Wedding Photographers in Chicago," and we could not have been more pleased. The images from our wedding were fantastic, especially Andrew's artistic images, and we can't wait to receive our prints in the mail to decorate our home. Andrew also did a fabulous job with our wedding photography slideshow, and timed it perfectly to the music we chose. If you are looking for a photographer with a photojournalistic style, Andrew is for you! Thanks for everything, Andrew! ~Aubrey and Mark

Profile Picture Aubrey, 10/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andrew was wonderful to work with. I had originally booked a “bargain” photographer, but decided that was a horrid decision since the photos really are all you have left after the big day is over. I’m so, so, glad I made this choice, and I’m so fortunate that Andrew was still available for our date!

Pre-Wedding
We talked on the phone a couple times prior to the wedding; he got a feel for what we were looking for and took any specific requests at this time. I had some of my parents photos that I wanted to recreate, which he said would be no problem (he even got those back to me edited the *day after* the wedding to give as a gift to out of town family before they left!). I’m so happy with how they turned out, and they will make great gifts :) Even though he is a photo journalistic photographer (which is what I wanted), he happily fulfilled our list of 'posed' family shots at the church.

The day of the wedding:
Andrew showed up early (awesome!) to the hotel where the girls and I were getting ready. I showed him where the accessories were, and he took care of all of those photos (dress, shoes, earrings, flowers, garter, etc.) while the girls and I got our hair and makeup done. This worked out perfectly, so we all looked fabulous in all the photos!

Andrew was incredibly non-obtrusive during the ceremony; guests are still telling me they can’t believe how great the photos turned out when they didn't even notice he was there! He got all of the important moments at the reception, and even stayed late! We got about 2,000 photos back in a beautiful proof book, and the edited proofs were available online only 2 weeks after the wedding!

I *highly* recommend Andrew to anyone getting married; you won’t regret it!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Andrew was great! We just got married and an all day wedding with our traditional South Indian ceremony in the morning and the reception in the evening. Andrew and Tom were there to cover all of it. (Andrew made sure he understood everything that was going on and would text and email me before the day off if he had questions.) My husband and I also did some portraits in a nearby park with Andrew and Tom right before the reception and it was so much fun. There were so many unique pictures. We loved how are pictures came out. There were so many great pictures. Andrew put together a slideshow of his favorites with some of our music and it has been a hit with all of our friends and family.

Profile Picture Kanya, 8/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew was an absolute pleasure to work with! Not only was he extremely pleasant and easy to work with but we also could not be more satisfied with the outcome of the photos. His attention to detail and artistic style was exactly what we were looking for and he captured our day perfectly. I would absolutely recommend working with him, he exceeded our expectations in every single area.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved working with Andy! Through the process of our engagement photos, planning our pictures, wedding day coverage and the quality of all the products he provided we couldn't be happier. Andy was able to capture our personalities and I have received compliments from all who have seen our photos! I loved that he responded promptly to every email or phone call because he takes pride in his business!

Profile Picture Kristyn, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew was very easy to work with both in planning in the event and on the wedding day itself. He captured the emotions of the day perfectly, and we have beautiful photographs to remember our wedding. My family all watched the artistic slide show he created several times in a row at a recent family reunion.

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andrew is an amazing photographer!! It was such a pleasure working with him and his assistant throughout our engagement session and wedding. They are very professional, and capture moments without you having to direct them. They truly see and capture everything without being intrusive or seen. The quality of our photos are high end and absolutely gorgeous. We highly recommend using him for your special event!

Profile Picture Courtney, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so happy that we had Andrew as our wedding photographer! I have to say, that of all my vendors at the wedding, Andrew was by far the easiest to work with. He responded to emails right away, was valuable on our day of the wedding (he suggested great spots for our pre-ceremony wedding shots and directed our bus driver), takes great photos, and is personable. Everyone got along with him and the additional photographer he brought. Additionally, his web portal with all our pictures is user-friendly and secure. We received all our wedding photos less than 2 weeks after our wedding! I know other people that have had to wait months for photos from different photographers. Buying prints from a wedding photographer is never cheap, but he holds regular sales throughout the year and the quality of the photos is MUCH better than printing them through a typical printing vendor. Finally, I am so happy with our wedding album. The process of the designing it was seamless, stress-free and I am genuinely delighted with the final product. Andrew is an excellent photographer and has my full recommendation.

Profile Picture Hailey, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My cousin had John Andrews Photogprahy for her wedding and her photos were amazing. Therefore, I had to have Andrew take the perfect shots for our day. I currently live in Chicago but my wedding was in Ohio (where I grew up). Andrew agreed to travel to Ohio for the event. He was very flexible with customizing the photo package to exactly what I wanted. He was present on both the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. With 300+ guests, Andrew took amazing photos that truly embodied the whole event. His relaxed attitude and creative,professional work ethic was revealed in our photos. He was fun to work with and I would recommend him for photography needs to anyone including close family and friends.

Profile Picture Farida, 7/21/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Choosing Andrew as our photographer was one of the best wedding decisions we made! And now that we've received our proofs, I couldn't be happier with the results and his amazing artistic talent. Andrew was able to capture the day just as we remembered and even captured moments that we missed.

Andrew also did our engagement shoot in May, so we got a chance to know him both on a professional and personal level. The engagement shoot was a great preview of the talent and energy he would bring on our wedding day - he was easygoing, but gave us good direction, and the most important part is that we had so much fun in the process! He made us, the bridal party, and our families so comfortable and it clearly shows in the pictures.

In addition to his incredible work and how much fun he made the picture experience, we were also so happy with his work style. He is so organized, communicative, energetic, and ethusiastic that you know he loves his job. Andrew was also super fast with sending our final slideshow and proofs - by the time we came back from our honeymoon, the pictures were waiting and we could relive the wedding memories immediately.

We highly recommend John Andrews Photographer and can truly say he was worth every penny!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/5/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andrew had done our friends wedding the year before, I knew when I saw the wedding pictures that we would be hiring Andrew for our wedding!
Andrew was absoultely wonderful!! He was so easy to work with from the very beginning! He was very quick to respond to me after inquiring about his services, very easy to talk to at our first meeting, we loved that we could do a lot online, and he got our "sneak peak" photos, slideshow, and proofs back so quickly!! Our wedding pictures turned out absolutely beautiful, my husband and I loved them as well as all our family and friends! We have heard many comments about how great our photographer was. Andrew is an amazing, talented photographer and person!

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/21/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andrew is not only an incredible photographer, but an even better person. You can tell just how much he cares and goes above and beyond whether it's editing, taking pictures, spending time going back and forth about details, etc. For example, Andrew rushed to put sneak peak photos of our wedding up before we left for our honeymoon the Monday after our wedding. It was not expected, but incredibly appreciated. There's not a photographer out there that I would recommend more than Andrew for his talent and commitment to quality.

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 10/1/11, 9 Reviews