Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. Reviews

89 | Torrance, CA

89 Reviews for Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 1
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 2
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 3
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 4
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 5

Megan · Married on 07/21/2007

Joey is a well-known photographer in the South Bay. He is professional, yet has a great sense or humor that gets the best smile from you and your guests! We couldn't wait to get our proofs back - Everyone looked relaxed, happy/excited... All of the emotions you would expect on your wedding day are captured. Our photo album is original and my entire family loves it! Joey also did our engagement session for us - my husband and I felt that Joey truly captured us in those 100s of pictures that he took!

Sent on 05/09/2008

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2001

Our hotel lost power and Joey was on his way to the hotel and bought us drinks for the bridal party right before we were supposed to start taking pictures before the wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2008

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2018

Appreciated the detailed timeline - our main photographer Sam was awesome. He was personable, experienced, and organized

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Matt&Nat

Natalie & Matthew · Married on 03/24/2018

Joey Ikemoto Photography did such a great job on our photos, we couldn't be happier and our guests couldn't be happier with the photos. Their team did an amazing job; were upbeat and worked hard all night. We really feel every penny spent was worth it.

Sent on 05/26/2018

My husband and I chose Joey Ikemoto Photography to do our wedding photos at Wayfarers Chapel and the reception dinner at Terranea Resort. We had Sam the day of our wedding and he was amazing! So flexible, completely fun to work with and he took amazing photos to boot! The entire process from going to their office to explain what we wanted before the wedding down to picking the photos and doing the retouching for our album...it was all top notch and done quickly and with a smile. Their prices are fantastic and they go above and beyond what's necessary. Pictures are everything for a wedding and the people at Joey Ikemoto, especially Sam and Tracy, made it a joy. It was everything I hoped for and more. Thank you for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 07/24/2013
  • Savannah

Savannah Steigler · Married on 07/27/2019

Great Experience w/ Long Distance Wedding!

We used Joey Ikemoto for our wedding in July in San Juan Capistrano. Sam was our photographer and I can not say enough good things about him and his assistant! They were beyond wonderful. Our pictures were great! There are a lot of little quirky things that me and my husband do as "inside jokes" and Sam made sure to pay attention and capture these moments. I married into a BIG fat Greek family and my own family traveled all the way from Georgia for this special day and you can FEEL the love in the pictures! They are breathtaking, really.

We truly loved these guys so much, my husband and I even have a picture with them!! They were professional, fun and made the experience amazing. PLUS!!! We now have thousands of pictures to cherish (and sort through, lol) for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 05/25/2019

Very professional and thorough wedding coverage

Joey and his team have been in this business a very long time and their long line of experience really shows through in their work. We had extremely thorough coverage throughout our ceremony and reception. Sam was our photographer and had a fantastic positive and patient attitude and vibed extremely well with our guests and our bridal party. He and his second photographer did an excellent job covering all of the usual traditional wedding shots as well as the special shots and details we requested too. Extremely professional and very responsive via email if you ever have questions or concerns.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Kevin Castanien · Married on 12/16/2018

A Worry Free Experience

Joey Ikemoto’s team was outstanding. It’s difficult to express how comfortable Sam and Nathan made the whole experience. They did an excellent job capturing the joy and happiness of our wedding day. We would definitely recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography to anyone looking for professional photos for their event.

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Allison

Allison Smart · Married on 11/03/2018

So glad I chose them to photograph my wedding!!!

A wonderful experience from start to finish! Joey Ikemoto and his team absolutely know what they're doing and how best to do it. The whole day ran like clockwork. I didn't have to think at all...the photographers just told me what to do and when to do it. After the wedding, our photos came out just gorgeous, and we had so many options for albums, prints, etc. Overall an excellent experience!

Sent on 02/28/2019
  • Kirstyn

Kirstyn Hess · Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful Studio

Joey and his assistant were amazing for our wedding day! They were recommended to us by our venue (Los Verdes Golf Course) and we could not have been happier. Joey made everyone feel comfortable while taking photos and would joke with us to get true smiles and reactions - he is hilarious! Due to my make-up and hair teams running late, our schedule had to change a little and Joey was very accommodating and still got the main photos that we wanted. I would absolutely recommend him and his studio, and would definitely hire them again.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Chris d

Chris · Married on 06/19/2010

Joey was awesome! He was fun and creative. He made our wedding party and guests feel comfortable and relaxed, and he made them laugh. He had a picture montage of our wedding on his web site in less than to weeks and we were able to share it with all our friends. Many of our friends had used him for their wedding so we knew he would be good!

Sent on 07/15/2010

bob joan · Married on 08/30/2015

very enjoyable experience, nice pictures, well organized, timely, professional.

Sent on 09/17/2015

3.5

He was everywhere. He let us know when he arrived and he asked us when we'd like him to leave. When I wanted a picture I would call his name and he was always nearby. He directed the wedding when it needed direction and stayed out of the way when it was directing itself. The only time during the evening when I couldn't find him was when he had told me that he's scouting for a nice photo op outside of the venue and he came back immediately to gather us for it.

Sent on 11/06/2012

George · Married on 05/25/2019

Great photography at Portofino Hotel

Joey is an established name (probably THE established name) for wedding photos in Southern California. We picked him after having friends use him in the past at their weddings. On the day, Sam was our photographer and he was fantastic - very attentive and him and his assistant Jeremy were great about making sure all groups were organized for photos.

Before the wedding, we had an engagement shoot with Joey, where he helped lay out the schedule for the day. It's hard to balance the desire to get more photos with the desire to not feel rushed during the day, and we ended up cutting an extra photo location in the schedule. Tracy and the rest of the office staff were always very responsive to our questions and messages.

Prices are what you might expect, which is to say, very high. I wish engagement photos were included, not just the session. Overall, happy with how the day went and how attentive Sam and Jeremy were.

Sent on 06/27/2019