Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. Reviews

91 | Torrance, CA

91 Reviews for Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 1
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 2
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 3
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 4
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 5

Myoli · Married on 10/14/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Joey Ikemoto Photography. The entire team was professional, friendly, and easy to work with. On the day of our wedding, Joey was able to get along with everyone in our wedding party (there was 22 adults and 5 children... not including the parents and grandparents!). We had a 200+ traditional Catholic wedding at the Old Santa Barbara Mission followed by a separate location for reception, and a third location for additional photos with our large wedding party. Joey was up and ready to go for 12+ hours, truly a pleasure to work with. We loved working with him and are looking forward to working with him again.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

We just got back our wedding photos from Joey Ikeomoto Photography and we are obsessed!!! Sam was our photographer and he did such an awesome job. He captured EVERY moment from getting ready to the ceremony and finally, the party! Everything that I discussed with Sam and Joey prior to the wedding went perfectly. I would recommend Sam and Joey to any person getting married.

Sent on 12/04/2017
  • Calie

Calie · Married on 09/30/2017

Words cannot begin to express the memories of our wedding day that were captured!
    From the time we picked the venue, we knew Joey and his team would be the best to help us capture it! Planning was extremely easy and we were able to get the most built into the day with Joey's suggestions. He helped determine where we could catch the best light and even gave us options for the day, since you never know what the sunset will do.
    Our photographer, Sam, was non stop fun from the get go and was able to laugh with us and ensure the happiness from that day spilled through the camera. We were able to get a beautiful mix of candid and artistic photos from our day. Our guest kept commenting how they were a perfect mix of fun and professional, accommodating to get pictures on the fly. He was the best working with our flower girls (both age 4) and getting adorable photos of them.
    All of the pictures have come out perfect, and in the words of some of the family, they are "timeless and elegant, but we see your personalities come through!"

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 6
    Sent on 10/16/2017

Roman · Married on 09/14/2017

Having Joey photograph our wedding was an absolutely amazing experience! Joey is so talented as a photographer, he's also such a warm person that he quickly puts you at ease and makes you forget the stress of the day! My pictures are simply gorgeous and not only are they gorgeous but they truly capture the spirit of the event! Joey took photos that will constantly remind us of the beauty of that day, and that true love does last forever. The photos he took that day are priceless pieces of our life for so many reasons. Im so thankful Joey was there that day! I can't imagine how anyone else could've done as beautiful of a job as he did! I cannot say enough great things about him , he is hands down the best photographer I've ever worked with. I was in the fashion industry for many years , he surpasses them all. He is a wonderfully gifted photographer and infact a wonderful human being! Go with Joey you will fall in love with him and his work too!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Diana · Married on 07/22/2017

When we were in the process of selecting a photographer for our wedding, we were overwhelmed by so many choices. But once we viewed the beautiful and artistic photos on the Joey Ikemoto Photography website, we stopped looking further and knew we found our guy. The team, Tracy, Kacie, and Joey were a pleasure to work with. Extremely prompt with replies to questions and concerns. Joey made sure to go over the timeline with me, to make sure we had the proper flow. Our photographers were Nathan and Austin. They were such a joy to work with. Very easy going, and even managed to get some giggles and smiles out of my 5yr old niece. Nathan directed us well with photos, poses, and with the flow for the reception. I would have been lost without him. My husband and I had so much fun during our photo shoot on the beach, just outside of Chart House Redondo, where we had our reception. Once we saw our pictures online, we were amazed and pleasantly surprised with their artistic talent. They were truly able to capture such beautiful memories. Now our most difficult decision is choosing photos. We want them all!! They’re all beautiful! I do not have enough kind words for this company. They are a very professional team, and the kind of company that you would trust to handle such a special day. I highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography for your wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed at all.

Sent on 03/29/2018

Debbie · Married on 07/03/2017

I can't speak highly enough of Joey Ikemoto as my wedding photographer. Not only did he capture the emotion and love of the day, he was a wonderful resource for two of my other vendors--florist and videographer--who were excellent to work with as well. Joey and his staff are true professionals. My Fiancé did not want to feel like he was being photographed all night long and Joey put him at ease during our engagement session and got all the shots I wanted on the wedding day without it feeling too staged or posed. By far, the best decision I made in planning my wedding was hiring Joey. If I could give him 10 stars, I would!

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 7
    Sent on 11/02/2017

Nadia · Married on 09/16/2016

It's hard to find the words to express how happy and grateful I am to have had Joey and his team as our wedding photographers! Joey is so talented and THE best at what he does! Joey and his team made the whole process as painless and informative as it could be, and were great with communicating with me in person, via phone and email, and answering any questions we had. Joey also did a fantastic job with working with us to come up with a very detailed timeline of the day of the wedding - where we would be at what time, and what and who he would be taking pictures of, etc. I was so impressed on the day of our actual wedding. Joey and his assistant had the Groom, MOH, BM, and I start out at the hotel and then we headed over to the venue afterwards. Joey and his assistant arrived at each location promptly and got to work right away. Joey has such a great eye - he asked us to do so many poses and took so many pictures, and it's like he instantly knew what to do to capture each one. On top of all that, he kept us all on schedule and did a great job trying to get us all to relax and most importantly have fun and be ourselves. He has such a great personality, attitude, and cracked a lot of funny jokes. We received so many compliments from guests about how friendly and professional Joey and his assistant were, and were surprised how seamlessly they moved about to capture every possible moment and every single guest in attendance. We recently received a sneak preview of our wedding pictures and they look absolutely beautiful and unique!!! Each shot is like a piece of art or brings back emotions and wonderful memories from that day. We can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!!!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Grace · Married on 07/23/2016

Joey Ikemoto Photography team is the best! From beginning to end they were professional, creative and easy to work with. We absolutely loved our planning and engagement photo session with Joey. On a last minute we changed locations and they were very accommodating. Henry and Kevin were a dream to work with on the BIG day as well. As a nervous bride they definitely put me at ease. They showed us some of the photos they took on their camera and I can not wait for the final print. I will definitely use them for other future occasions!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Rebekah · Married on 02/06/2016

I am so glad we went with Joey Ikemoto Photography. My friend used them for her wedding two years ago and her photos turned out great so we decided to use them as well. Joey did our engagement photos and Henry did our wedding and the pictures turned out so wonderful. They were really great and posing us to get the perfect pictures. I would highly recommend this company.

Sent on 07/01/2018

sheryll · Married on 05/07/2015

It was great working with Joey and his associate Sam. He' s definitely a pro and knows his craft well. He helped us get nice shots as well during our chilly~windy wedding day. We will be forever grateful for the wonderful memories they captured on our special day. We can't wait to see the rest of the album. His cool personality was just wonderful to work with. We highly recommend them if you want a decent, wonderful, and extraordinary wedding pictures on your wedding day.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Niamh · Married on 08/03/2014

Joey was absolutely amazing! He had an assistant on the day (Kevin) who was equally as professional and their ability to direct and relax people was unbelievable. They really exceeded all my expectations and the reviews you have read about how good he is really are true!! I honestly cannot recommend Joey any higher or convey how brilliant he really is! Engagement photos were stunning and my wedding preview photos had me in tears of joy! Every aspect of the wedding day was captured from the intimate moments to the more formal photos in perfect timing. I was blown away with his professionalism and how relaxed he made myself and my husband feel!! 10/10... I Would recommend Joey as Number 1 on your list for photography without a doubt. Absolutely brilliant.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Very professional and nice pictures. Sam is really good. Pictures are amazing. Worth it.

Sent on 09/02/2014

I just saw some of our photos on his blog yesterday and the photos look amazing! Joey is very professional but also tries to make it fun, and works with you to make sure you get the photos you want. He has a good eye for shots, and premium cameras and lenses to make sure he captures your day perfectly.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Joey Ikemoto and his assistant Jean were great... We've only seen the preview of our wedding pictures, but so far they are beautiful. The day of the wedding went through smoothly with Joey's timeline guide. Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!! Our engagement pictures are great as well btw:)

Sent on 03/19/2014

Rachel · Married on 07/20/2013

Joey Ikemoto Photography's team is hands down the best in the South Bay. Joey was great in the planning process and getting all the details down for the day of our wedding. Sam and Kevin were AMAZING to work with on our special day. We had toddlers to grandparents and everything in between. They were very patient and dedicated to getting the perfect picture. I could not have asked for a better photography team for our wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Monica · Married on 12/21/2012

It was such a pleasure to work with Joey & his staff. Very upbeat & enthusiastic! Gorgeous photos everywhere we had time to take pictures at on the Queen Mary. Perfect lighting! I wish I could've remembered to ask that photos be taken of out guests at the tables towards the beginning of dinner but all venders did need time to eat as well. The album selections is perfect & we love both our engagement & wedding photos that Joey Ikemoto's photography studio blessed us with. With all of our odd requests to include during the cerimony, reception & around the ship, Joey made sure we got it all. Thank you so much for such a beautiful wedding day/night.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Makiya · Married on 11/17/2012

During the planning phase of my wedding I knew that photography quality would be something I would not compromise on. It was difficult selecting photographers as well because I planned my wedding from Texas. The entire process of working with Joey and his team was seamless. From the engagement photo session, the planning phase, to the wedding day, the staff was very accommodating and professional. On the day of the wedding, I worked with Sam and his associate and they were awesome! Sam put us all at ease instantly. They got both amazing shots that look like ads out of a magazine as well as some pretty colorful candid ones of me and my family and friends having way too much fun at the reception. I’ve gotten so many compliments on our wedding pictures! I just received my album and it is beautifully done. I’m really glad I didn’t compromise on quality on my wedding photos. I would highly recommend Joey and his team to capture your special day.

Sent on 07/06/2013

stefani · Married on 09/22/2012

This photography company is absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Every employee was very helpful, friendly and professional. it's obvious they have been in the business a long time because they knew exactly how to make me feel happy to celebrate, happy to plan and happy to do business with them. Sam and his associate were my photographers and they made my wedding day even more wonderful than I had hoped. They were on time and very friendly. They made me and my bridal party very comfortable and within five minutes we were all friends, laughing, celebrating, enjoying each others company, and it seemed as if they just so happened to be taking pictures at the time. I just got to see my pictures and I'm so happy with them. Sam got some great shots and everything came out just beautiful. Sam is very talented at what he does. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Ha · Married on 09/15/2012

Better late then never ! My husband and I got married on 9/15/12. I loved working with Joey Ikemoto Photography. Joey, Allison and Tracy are great ! When ever I called about my package, they were always so helpful and accommodating. Sam and Chris were amazing, I loved every picture that they shot. I would highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography.

Sent on 01/31/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2012

I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Joey and his team. They are incredibly talented and professional in every way. Joey knows exactly how to get the best angles, the best lighting and take the most beautiful pictures imaginable. He is an awesome person to work with and he brings out the best in everyone which makes for fabulous photos! There is no other person I would recommend to capture your special day!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Julie · Married on 08/31/2012

Our photographer was Johanna and her assistant Chris. Both were very professional but fun and great to work with! They took amazing pictures and we are so glad we went with Joey Ikemoto photography.

Sent on 09/08/2012

Kristen · Married on 08/18/2012

They are AMAZING!!!! I would recommend them to anyone! Thanks Joey i really am glad that you captured my wedding!

Sent on 09/14/2012

ligaya · Married on 08/08/2012

Joey was very kind and considerate to our special request. Sam and Chris were very kind, respectful and had a wonderful sense of humor. Everything was well organized and professional.

Sent on 08/19/2012
  • F

Frank · Married on 09/05/2010

Where do I start commenting how wonderful Joey made our wedding photography experience? He is such a nice and down to earth guy for the level of experience/ talent/ end product he and his staff possess and produces. This is one professional i gladly recommend with enthusiasm. His work is truly amazing.

From the beginning, Joey was exceptionally professional. Joey is so very organized, his listening to what the customer wants, and communication of what is feasible to available time was impeccable. By Joey's sit-down sessions, me and my wife saw our wedding day unfolding and planned a beautiful, realistic, and flexible shot schedule that more than accommodated what we envisioned for us and our colorful family.

Joey's calm, but driving demeanor allowed for such wonderful shots of me and my bride's colorful family without being the least bit snooty, obtrusive, or being demanding. He definitely knew how to spotlight my beautiful bride on her wedding day, which made me ecstatic. We never knew Joey and his assistant was there until the major shots.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Miyuki · Married on 09/10/2009

The vendor gave me 20% discount for our weekday wedding. Joey's professionalism and his reputation along with the detail planning made me so confident that he would provide us the best quality photographs. His personality was well received during the reception; my in-laws were so impressed that they decided to hire him for their Christmas portraits this year!

Sent on 09/29/2009