54 Reviews for Joey Allen Photo

Additional Hours (2)
Engagement Shoot (2)
Liability Insurance (2)
54 Joey Allen Photo Reviews

Joey was professional from our first contact right through to our wedding. He was delightful, professional and had a great sense of humor. He didn't make us feel rushed and has a dynamic eye for capturing the best moments and locations. He made our wedding so much better! Our pictures are exquisite and we will enjoy reminiscing through his photos for years to come.

Photos
Profile Picture Natalie, 12/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I was given the opportunity to plan the destination wedding for my daughter & future son-in-law. It was very nerve racking to search for vendors knowing that I couldn't have a personal consultation. Based on some very solid sounding reviews and his portfolio, I emailed Joey Allen. And, I immediately had a peace of mind. Joey responds quickly to emails and if I when I was a little lax-he contacted me. On the big day, he arrived on time (maybe a little early), and right away we could tell he was a genuinely nice person -and a bit of a perfectionist. We didn't give him a list, just told him to do his thing. You can tell he is a hard worker, refusing to take a break, because you can see him everywhere capturing "moments" and I'm sure he didn't want to miss any. When I made a couple of crazy request (like shooting the groom and his guys for a couple of hours) I could tell he thought it a bit excessive, but he accommodated the request and I think they all had fun. Later, I asked him to take a few pictures of guest at the "selfie-booth". LOL...He also gave the girls a few "bridal tips". And, he is so gracious. He offered to take the Bride and Groom to the Vegas sign (because it was something previously discussed). Then the couple got all confused because Joey seemed to disappear-and they were afraid they would be left at the venue (in the middle of nowhere) without transportation. So, they left. A few minutes later Joey called and he was packing his things up and somehow they missed him. So, they were disappointed, but blamed themselves. Without missing a beat Joey volunteered to pick them up at the hotel-and drive them to the sign! And, on the way back-he took them to a fast-food place to grab a late night meal! Wow...Wow...Wow! We can't wait to see the pics. And, thanks for everything. Top notch photography, Top notch guy...Oh! I failed to mention..affordable! We heart Joey Allen.

Profile Picture gina, 8/13/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Photography

I asked Joey for vintage-looking shots in old-town Vegas for my photoshoot, and he gave me exactly what I wanted. He was super funny (my guests told me he made them laugh), creative, and super-speedy getting my pics back to me (touched up and everything!). Affordable and very professional in our communication. HIRE JOEY! YOU WILL BE HAPPY JUST LIKE ME!

Profile Picture Ana, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Contacted Joey the day before the wedding, he was so accommodating, i cant recommend him highly enough and the pictures were amazing

Profile Picture robert, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joey Allen is absolutely amazing. I would 100% recommend him as your photographer.

Let’s start from the beginning: Researching for a wedding photographer was one of the steps that I dreaded the most.

1) It’s so expensive - other than the venue, it was our next biggest budget.
2) You need to find a good photographer, or all of your memories from the day will not be what you want.
3) We didn’t want a package deal of a free website, or an album that we could make ourselves, or any wood plaque, etc.

Joey fit our description PERFECTLY. He is very reasonably priced, and is very upfront with it as well! His pictures on his website (and the ones that we just received from our wedding day) are just stunning. He has a very simple “plan,” in that he edits all of the pictures from your day, and will give you either a CD or put them online for you to have.

My mom and I met him in person almost a year before the wedding, just to see him and get to know the person who would be with us on such an important day. After meeting him, we knew he was our photographer. Once we booked him, he was easy to get in contact with any questions, he was quick to reply, and gave his honest and professional opinion.

We initially booked him for 6 hours, but decided to change it to 8, which was not a problem with Joey. He showed up to the venue early (which he did on his own accord!), came and took the before the ceremony pictures early (30 minutes early!), and was with us the entire day. He didn’t even take a break (to eat, or relax) during the reception!

While we looked through the finished pictures that we just received from him, my husband and I kept saying that we didn’t even notice Joey taking these pictures! He captured the best (and ugliest) moments from our day. He was never in our faces, he was never pushy, and even went the extra mile to take pictures of our rings while we didn’t have anything going on.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Joey to shoot our Vegas wedding in April. I chose him based on his amazing reviews, beautiful portfolio and reasonable pricing. Even from our very first e-mail conversation, he was very friendly and eager to help to make the day go smoothly. He called before our session as well to finalize the details of the day so he was almost 'invisible' on the day-of.

He arrived early with all of his gear ready and was very professional. We did a mix of photos on the day : getting ready, friends & family, posed shots and also lots of candid ones throughout the day. He made us feel very comfortable and chose poses that suited us best, instead of going with the cliche ones.

We received the photos about 2 weeks after the wedding and were blown away by the results! First off, I couldn't believe how many photos he took in just a few hours! It was awesome being able to access all of them in high resolution. The photos were so beautiful, and looked so natural. Looking though all of the photos made me feel like I was right back on my wedding day. Our friends and family have also been so amazed with the quality of Joey's photos. He is extremely talented and I would recommend any bride-to-be to use him for your wedding!!

We're so excited to have these wonderful photos to look back on for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much Joey!

Profile Picture Siobhan, 4/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Don't hesitate! Joey captures it all...ambiance, mood, guests, beauty, venue and spirit! One of the best things to come from the day were his pictures! He did an amazing job. The pictures really showcase the day and my feelings. It is weird that I can feel the day through his photos. I am glad he was there because as a bride, it is so overwhelming that it becomes a blur (for me anyways). When I look at the pics, they bring me right back. Joey's pricing is right, he delivers as promised and has a great eye for taking pictures...and he takes a lot of pictures!!! He manages to get those candid pictures you didn't even know were taken and you see them...and "wow"! 10 out of 10!

Profile Picture Carlotta, 4/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had never done a photoshoot before, so we didn’t really know what to expect. Joey arrived early and stayed late, was very professional and awesome to work with. He was also very responsive via email and gave us several great tips in the run-up to the wedding, as well as being very flexible. He delivered the photos in just a week and we are very happy with them! It is really hard to choose a wedding vendor when you live on another continent - choose Joey and you will be in safe hands. :)

Profile Picture Sara, 11/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I used Joey for my Westin Lake Las Vegas wedding in November 2016. He was by far the most talked about vendor at my wedding. Everyone commented on how hard he was working and how diligent he was at his job. I booked Joey based upon both his reviews and also his photography website. I also had the three photographers that I knew, review his work and they were massively impressed. Joey was so down to earth and straight to the point that our personalities worked out great. He was easy to confirm, arrived on time, and economical. I was ever so impressed by his professionalism and artistic vision. Joey captured our wedding so that we can relive the moment whenever we view our photos. He got every little detail in the short time span he was there, as I only booked the six hour package. In hindsight, it would of been better to spend the extra few hundred to have him there the whole day. I was so thrilled when our photos came. The photos were well organized and easy to upload on our drive. My husband, my family and all guest were so impressed with the photos we sent out. We also made it available by email so that they can print off their favorites. I will say that my whole vendor team was awesome but I have spent the most time on this review because I did not want to miss a thing. So in short....Book Joey Allen. You will not be disappointed!!! He is a hard worker, talented photographer and nice person.

Profile Picture Joneice, 11/11/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Had a wonderful experience with Joey as our wedding photographer. He is easy to work with, responsive, listens and gives great direction!! He knows what to look for and gives direction and we are so happy with our photos. Great quality and so reasonable. If you are looking for a photographer you must reach out to Joey, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture hannah, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Joey was great from the moment we first contacted him. He was quick to respond and answered all of our questions. He photographed our wedding and engagement session while we were in Las Vegas. He was very helpful, flexible and went the extra mile for us. We were so happy with our photos and would recommend Joey in a second!

Profile Picture Chad, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We used Joey for a 4 hour session on the wedding day in addition to a 2 hour engagement session that same weekend. We were traveling from out of state, so Joey was there to help us set up locations, obtain permits needed, etc. Joey assisted in me in making phone calls and sending emails, which was so greatly appreciated. He was so timely in all of his responses and helpful in answering any questions that I had (for several months). He was so courteous and professional, and really made my husband and I feel at ease, being that this was our first shoot. On our wedding day, Joey was so punctual and professional, which is appreciated on the wedding day. He took the lead and got all of the important "getting ready" shots without needing me to ask or dictate what I wanted. He led us around our venue and ensured that we got amazing shots within our time frame. I simply could not have been happier with his professionalism as well as his amazing photography skills. Now I have the most beautiful photos that will last a lifetime. I appreciate everything that Joey did for us and am so grateful.

Profile Picture amanda, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

We used Joey to photograph our engagement and wedding photos in Las Vegas. Joey was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Since we were from out of state we relied on Joey for photography scenery. Joey knows his way around Vegas and he chose great locations for both our engagement and wedding photos. He gave us so many great photos from both sessions. He has an easygoing personality and made us feel comfortable while taking photos. We couldn't have been happier with the final product. We had so many great photos to share with our friends and family. We would highly recommend using joey for engagement and wedding photography!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joey was very professional. Amazing shots from the day that took our breath away when we saw them. He was great at communicating with us leading up to the wedding which any stressed out bride can very much appreciate.

Profile Picture misty, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joey took our engagement photos when we visited Las Vegas from New York City. We couldn't be happier with the experience... Joey was professional, flexible, informative and ultimately, a fantastic photographer. We actually had to reschedule our trip due to a conflict (my fiance is the USAF and schedules are unpredictable!), but Joey was incredibly accommodating about the change. We would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joey photographed our engagement in Las Vegas, we are from Canada, in December 2014. He was amazing and knew what to look for when he was shooting, made suggestions and took tons of pictures. When we got our pictures back we were in love with them all. There were so many to choose from. We can't wait for Joey to photograph our wedding in November 2015. I would recommend him in a second. His picture style is just natural moments, not overdone or over touched, just natural and I just loved that about our engagement photos.

Profile Picture Chantelle, 11/14/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joey was so amazing! He was awesome to work with and gave us great direction, and is also just a really nice guy. We took most of our pictures before the ceremony so that afterwards we could just take the family/friends shots and then head right to the reception. We hired a limo to take us around for the pre-ceremony pics, I had a select few shots that I wanted and then I told Joey that I trusted his judgement with any other locations he thought would work. We got so many awesome pictures around the strip, he was wonderful at finding great backgrounds to use. I'm so glad I paid the outside vendor photography fee at Caesar's because the pictures he took of the ceremony (and after with our friends and family) were incredible as well. He works hard to get the right shot. We only booked him for 6 hours, but he arrived early and ended up staying late as well - even after he told us he was leaving, we saw he still stayed around for a while taking pictures of the food as it came out! I love all of the pictures he took and can't stop looking at them. He was just incredible and I'm so glad he was our photographer for our special day!!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired Joey to photograph our wedding on 9/19/15 at the Las Vegas Country Club for 6 hrs of coverage. We were planning from out of town and he was so easy to communicate with. We are both a little camera shy so were a little apprehensive about all the attention/pictures, but Joey was so great to work with! He put us at ease and it was so easy. We got our pictures back in 4 weeks and we are blown away with how many pictures he captured and they are all so beautiful! Joey did an excellent job and we are extremely pleased with our experience with him and the quality of his work. We had a large and somewhat rowdy group to capture and he did so seamlessly. We would recommend him to anyone! His prices are great, and his work is even better! Thank you, Joey!!

Profile Picture User4566723, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Digital Files

This is a long overdue review. Our wedding was in September 2015. Joey was amazing and I would work with him again in a heartbeat. We wanted to stick to a certain budget and were told by other people that you had to spend a ton on a photographer in order to get good pictures. I was determined to prove them wrong! I found Joey just from browsing reviews online and were surprised with his good pricing but I had a good feeling about him. Joey was very easy to work with and was always very quick to respond to any questions that came up. He gave very good advice and also gave a heads up when he would be out of town or without email access which is appreciated. We did our engagement shoot at Lake Las Vegas and Joey made us feel very comfortable and helped "direct" us (we had never had a professional photo shoot done) and we had fun. The day of the wedding he showed up early and prepared which is much appreciated in the midst of all the chaos that was happening. The pictures turned out beautifully. My grandfather was at our wedding and ended up passing away a few months later. Our wedding was the last time all of the family was together with our grandfather and I love looking through all of the photos of everyone having so much fun together. Thank you, Joey, for all of your help and for capturing our special moments.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Without question, one of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Joey Allen for our photography. At our wedding and reception, it was like he was everywhere at once. He captured all kinds of incredible moments, including tons of amazing things my husband and I never even knew happened at the time -- and all in beautiful detail. (His website is very representative of his work -- our pictures are just as awesome as the ones in his galleries!!)

It's worth noting that Joey has a very direct, no-nonsense approach; if you want schmoozing and sparkle, this is not your guy. If you want someone to get right down to business and take lots of REALLY GREAT documentary-style pictures, Joey is ABSOLUTELY your guy. Worth every penny, would hire again in a heartbeat, would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/22/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

We hired Joey Allen to shoot our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and our wedding. Working with him was great and we were really happy with the end product. Joey is really good about responding to e-mail right away and he made some really great suggestions on the time line that really helped us organize the day of the wedding. We went to the Linq after the ceremony to take pictures before the reception and I am so glad that we followed his suggestion and booked a party bus instead of an SUV. There was plenty of space on the party bus and we all had a great time. I wanted mostly candid photos during our rehearsal dinner and he was great at capturing so many special moments. We had two children in our wedding party and he was able to capture the most adorable pictures of both of them. There were so many photos from each session and he gave them to us in both a web version and a high resolution format for printing. He works independently and he does his own lighting which turned out amazing. I had purple up lights for the reception and the room was very dark, so I was concerned that the pictures would not come out well, but they are actually amazing and I was really impressed with the way he was able to light the room. I am the type of person that likes to be in control of everything so I did make a lot of suggestions as far as what I wanted, but honestly my favorite photos are the pictures that were his idea and not mine. When you work with him, let him know what you want, but then let him make it happen because you will be very happy with the end result. We had one of the pictures from our engagement shoot blown up for our reception at home and the colors in photo are so amazingly vibrant and we received numerous compliments on the quality of the photo. The other thing I have to mention is that I was initially concerned with hiring Joey simply because he is one photographer and there are so many things happening that I felt I would need two people to be able to c

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I literally could not be happier with the work that Joey did for our wedding. I'm so happy that we used him for our wedding! The photos that he took look amazing. He arrived to the hotel early and worked hard the whole night that he was there. Joey captured photos that I didn't even know he was taking. The best thing about his work is that it's like reliving the whole experience, because he works hard to make sure all the best moments are photographed! Joey's prices are great for all the hard work that he does. Also, you get a CD of all the images as well! I would recommend Joey to everyone! I can thank him enough for his work!

Profile Picture sarah, 6/1/15, 2 Reviews

AMAZING!!!
Joey was our photographer for our wedding and all of our pictures were just beautiful. We received them so quickly after the wedding and love all of them! He captured every great moment of the night and also captured such beautiful candid moments. We can't wait to print and frame our favorites! We highly recommend him and look forward to having him take more photos in the future!

Profile Picture Roxana, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews