Joe Hulsey Photography Reviews

39 Reviews for Joe Hulsey Photography

39 Joe Hulsey Photography Reviews

Nicole Lauterbach · Married on 10/12/2018

Excellent !!

Joe is an amazing photographer and a great person! I first met Joe when I was a bridesmaid in a wedding he photographed. As a bridesmaid, I quickly realized how easy he was to work with. Once my husband saw the quality of his work, he knew Joe was the guy for the job. We ended up booking Joe for our wedding on 10/12/18, for the entire day.

Since we booked him for our wedding, an engagement shoot was part of the package. At the time of booking I had just found out I was pregnant. Joe had offered to split our engagement shoot in half and do a 30 min. maternity shoot in the spring. He was so understanding and extremely flexible! I can't think of anyone else who would have gone above and beyond the way Joe did!

The day of the wedding he was always ahead of schedule and ready and willing to help with anything else we needed. I would recommend Joe 110%!

Bethany Gnau · Married on 09/22/2018

Best experience!

Working with Joe was a great experience! He captured our wedding photos beautifully. He will be our go to photographer from here on out!

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/14/2018

Dream Photography for the Best Day Ever!

Joe’s photography stood out to us from the moment we saw his work at one of our first bridal shows we attended. His work is natural with minimal artsy edits and he captures the moment that is taking place. We knew from the beginning exactly what we wanted and the minute we saw Joe’s work we knew he was going to be our guy!

Joe was very prompt in getting back to us when we reached out to him and super friendly. He remembered chatting with us at the bridal show, it was easy to see how down to earth he was and how invested he was in getting to know clients rather than just wanting the business. Throughout the whole process of wedding planning Joe often would check in with us to see how we were doing and if we needed his help finding other vendors or anything at all. We were building a relationship through the entire process and I feel like it helped him to know our style and what kind of photos would be best suited for us.

Not to mention when planning out our wedding budget we knew our biggest allotment would be for a photographer & videographer but were hoping to not use all that we had allotted and find reasonably priced professionals for both. Joe’s pricing was phenomenal, and his package included so much for us. We had an engagement session bundled into our package at no extra cost and after we had chosen to do an album and a few prints he even threw in an extra big print at no additional charge! The best part of his package was that we received his services all day with a 2nd shooter and did not have to worry about special events of our day being missed because of timing issues or him not being able to be in two places at once.

Joe is the most personable, down to earth photographer I have encountered and on our wedding day he fit in like he was a part of the family. He made sure he knew every person in our bridal party and took the time to chat with our parents as well. We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer to capture all of the special moments of our big day and look forward to using him again in the future for other special events in our lives!

Joe Hulsey Photography 1
    Joe Hulsey Photography 8
  • Christa

Christa Korfhagen · Married on 07/21/2018

Wedding Photography

My new husband and I loved having Joe and his assistant Latasha as our photographers! I first met Joe when he shot my sisters wedding a few years ago and we didn’t even consider any other photographers because of that experience! He is so personable and made my husband and I, who are typically somewhat awkward people, feel very comfortable being the center of attention! He was also with us through the entire day from about 7:30 to 9:00 at night! We received our photos in a very timely fashion and they were delivered in the mail in a beautiful memory box featuring one of our photos! His experience, thoughtfulness, and creativity really showed throughout the day and we are so happy with our photos that we can now cherish forever!

Joe Hulsey Photography 9
    Joe Hulsey Photography 10
    Joe Hulsey Photography 11
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2018

Great experience

We had a great experience working with Joe from the first conversation he demonstrated honesty and experience to capture to best day of our lives. Give him a call.

Joe Hulsey Photography 12
    Joe Hulsey Photography 13
    Joe Hulsey Photography 14

Allie · Married on 06/30/2018

Joe was an incredible photographer and great match for my husband and I from the start. As a long-distance couple planning a wedding in a different city than where either of us lived, we needed people on our team we could trust and count on. From the flexibility of setting up an initial meeting via Skype to scheduling our engagement photos just weeks after our initial meeting, Joe did everything he could to accommodate us. Not to mention, the photos of our wedding and reception we received just a few weeks after the wedding were beautiful. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Calli · Married on 06/02/2018

Amazing Photographer

Joe and Latanya did such an amazing job photographing our wedding in June! I have know Joe for quite a few years. He took my senior pictures when I was in high school and he did such a great job I never even looked at any other photographers for my engagement/wedding pictures. I knew he was the one I wanted! He was with us all day from about 8am until close to 11pm when the night was over. He put so much attention into small details and really captured all of the beautiful moments throughout the day. Joe also got our pictures back to us very fast after the wedding, which was really impressive. He even had a sneak peak of the photos ready for us by the time we were getting back from our honeymoon! Joe was so great to work with and really had fun with the wedding party throughout the day. He even held the fan for me when I was nervous and starting to sweat (I mean what more could you ask for!) I would highly recommend him as a photographer for any occasion!

Joe Hulsey Photography 15
    Joe Hulsey Photography 16
    Joe Hulsey Photography 17
    Joe Hulsey Photography 18
    Joe Hulsey Photography 19

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

I could probably write a novel filled with wonderful words about Joe Hulsey and how amazing he truly is at his profession... but I’ll try to keep it short!
    Joe is phenomenal, he’s not only VERY talented with his eye for photography but his deamonor is one which makes you feel comfortable, relaxed and at ease- making for the best possible pictures! From the minute we met Joe my husband and I knew he was the one to capture our love story! Our engagement session was fun, full of laughter and romance. On our way home from the shoot, we couldn’t stop talking about how much fun we had and how excited we were to see Joe again on our special day! It didn’t come to a surprise to us that our wedding day was just as amazing. Not only did Joe take time to plan out a timeline for taking pictures, he also took time to remember our families names and relationships to one another. He really made our picture taking process effortless, fun and more intimate! Joe was amazing throughout our whole wedding day and we couldn’t have been happier with his constant support, silly side stories, sweet smiles and amazing talent! We are so blessed to have beautiful images that will last a lifetime!
    I would HIGHLY reccomend Joe to anyone looking for a personable, extremely talented photographer!

Joe Hulsey Photography 20
    Joe Hulsey Photography 21
    Joe Hulsey Photography 22

Maxine · Married on 04/28/2018

Joe captured our engagement and wedding photos and we were more than pleased with the finished products! Joe is efficient and has a great sense of humor. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable during both sessions which is a must for natural pictures. Joe traveled from KY to IN for our big day and captured every moment from 8am to 10pm. I highly recommend Joe if you’re looking for someone to capture your most special moments!

Joe Hulsey Photography 23

Rachel Miller · Married on 04/14/2018

water tower wedding

Joe and his assistant did a great job on the day of my wedding. They were attentive to what was important to me and my husband. Prior to the wedding Joe and I sat down to go over the day-of information and Joe did an awesome job remembering my family members, knowing who does and does not get along, and moving everyone through photos smoothly. His wedding gift to us was also wonderful and something we can cherish forever. I would definitely recommend Joe and his team for any event.

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

Hiring Joe was probably the best planning decision my husband and I made. He was able to make me feel comfortable (not an easy feat) and captured the love and happiness of the day perfectly. Our engagement shoot with him was great, and the day-of was even better. He was at the location when we got there to get pictures of me getting ready for the day, and accommodated all my Pinterest-inspired ideas. I can’t wait to see the rest of our pictures, as he gave us a sneak preview just a few days after the wedding.

Kristen Nelson · Married on 10/14/2017

Amazing Photographer!

Joe was absolutely amazing and a wonderful photographer! During the planning stages, he would often check in to see how things were going and offered up so much advice. It was so much more than I expected from my photographer. He made me feel so at ease with my decision of picking him. Come the day of the wedding and after - nothing changed - he was still amazing! He was so involved with everything going on. Although the sun got in the way a few times, he was very quick to make adjustments to get the perfect shot. I absolutely LOVED the photos. I ordered an album and when I didn't love a page, he took the time to make it perfect for me. I'll never forget how truly patient and helpful he was. Joe is a one of a kind and I'm so thankful he captured beautiful photos from our wedding.

Jana · Married on 09/09/2017

Could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding! Joe captured our day perfectly! He made us feel so comfortable, and the quality of the photos was exceptional. He exceeded our expectations, and we would absolutely recommend him to future couples!

Eleanor · Married on 08/05/2017

Joe was wonderful! He helped me during the planning process and we have wonderful pictures of our wedding! We love him, he's the best!!

Joe Hulsey Photography 24

Courtney · Married on 07/06/2017

So glad we chose Joe Hulsey Photography! When choosing a photographer, our goal was to find someone who we could stand being around all day on our wedding day. Since that day is stressful anyway, it’s nice being surrounded by people you actually want there! He has a great sense of humor and fun personality which made taking pictures very fun and enjoyable. We received our pictures in a timely manner and are thrilled with them! We loved the creativity in the pictures and loved the fact that we had 2 photographers to help cover the day. Great communication before and after the wedding in keeping us updated with everything and even checking in on us! Overall, so glad we chose Joe! He did an awesome job!

Joe Hulsey Photography 25
    Joe Hulsey Photography 31
    Joe Hulsey Photography 32
    Joe Hulsey Photography 33

Syb · Married on 05/27/2017

Joe is wonderful! He is talented, professional and extremely accommodating. We were amazed at the special moments that Joe captured. Only someone who is attentive and sensitive to what would be meaningful to the couple, could do that. We are extremely grateful that we chose Joe!

kendall · Married on 05/20/2017

Joe is absolutely amazing!! Finding a photographer can be so stressful but Joe made my whole wedding planning experience so easy. He not only has photography experience but also wedding planning process experience and helped me make decisions based on that experience and I’m so thankful.

Joe Hulsey Photography 34

Carolyn · Married on 04/08/2017

We are thrilled we chose Joe for our wedding and engagement pictures. He took an awkward couple and captured some incredible images that we will treasure always! Joe was very easy to work with and helped us plan our day from start to finish. He is willing to go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and relieve some of the wedding day stress. We highly recommend Joe Hulsey Photography for your special day!

Natalie · Married on 10/22/2016

I am a little late on posting this as I got married on October 22, 2016 but for all you newly engaged ladies there is no need to continue to look for a photographer Joe truly is the best. I live in Savannah GA now but was home, attended a bridalshow and the rest is history. Joe is much more then a photographer, he truly is invested in your wedding and wants to make it the very best for you. He suggested and put me in contact with my makeup artist and even saved the day when my florist backed out 48 hours before the wedding with a connection he personally knew. I put it to you this way all my bridesmaids thought he was a family friend, and were shocked to hear we met him at a bridalshow. And the photos are phenomenal! We actually had photos from our engagement session printed on clear plates and used them as centerpieces. I am telling you all the truly isn't a better photographer in the area, and if you don't live local anymore he works amazingly with out of town couples.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 08/27/2016

Joe stepped up to the plate when the original photographer got sick on my wedding day. I choose to believe it was fate. I met him at a bridal show a year ago and we hit it off. I had it down to him and one other photographer. He had another bride interested in the same day as mine and I chose the other photographer thinking he had someone else. Come to my wedding day and the other photographer texted me in the morning sick and in the ER. My wedding planner called Joe first thing! And it was truly a blessing. Joe happened to be available. He was so nice, courteous and professional. Everyone had nothing but the nicest things to say about him and Latanya. They were great with the kids even though the flower girl who was fussy and being the diva she can be at 2 1/2 years of age. Whether it be divine intervention or plain lady luck I am so glad we had Joe. Don't hesitate like I did, just go with him and you will not be disappointed. Joe, We cannot thank you enough! The photos turned out amazing!

Heather · Married on 08/19/2016

Joe Hulsey recently photographed my wedding and engagement. I would highly recommend Joe as a photographer. Joe is always easy to reach, I texted him random questions and always got an answer right away. Joe is also very creative and always has great ideas to make your photos incredible and unique! I would use Joe as a photographer again without question.

Bri · Married on 07/16/2016

We met Joe at a bridal show and it was game over from there! Deciding to use Joe as our photographer was hands down the easiest decision of our wedding. He is not only a fantastic photographer, but an all around fantastic guy! He made me comfortable the entire way and I didn't feel like I was just a client. Joe's laid back but upbeat personality made our big day so much easier. We weren't too strict on what we wanted, but the shots we knew we wanted--he made sure to make it happen for us. On my wedding day I didn't feel as if Joe (and Latanya) were just photographers snapping a moment in our life, I felt as if they were truly family sharing part of our lives with us! If you're looking for a fun, affordable, and professional guy to capture your big day-- I'd give Joe Hulsey ten thumbs up if I could!

Rebecca · Married on 07/09/2016

We highly recommend hiring Joe! He and his assistant were so kind and very attentive at our wedding and our session for our engagement photos. They made us feel at ease, and as someone who has Tourette's Syndrome, I really appreciated his humor and positive attitude. I know it was a long day for him, but he kept looking for good photo opportunities all day and we definitely got our money's worth. My wife and I were thrilled with the photos, and loved the box it came in with bonus goodies. Thank you Joe!

Erin · Married on 06/25/2016

Joe Hulsey was the best we could've hoped for from the moment we contacted him for a meeting all the way through delivery of photographs. The day of the wedding would never have been as smooth without him. Not only did he deliver with amazing photography but he was professional, personable, good with the kids, AND kept us on schedule (which for a wedding is almost impossible) if you go with Joe you will not be let down! FIVE STARS!!