33 Reviews for Joe Foley Photography

Digital Files (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Prints (1)
33 Joe Foley Photography Reviews

Joe just posted our preview on his blog today! http://www.joefoleyphotography.com/site/jessie-jason-woodholme-country-club-wedding/

Joe was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process. We had so much fun taking our Engagement Photos and getting the hang of being in front of Joe's camera. The day of the wedding went so smoothly and our pictures have turned out so beautifully! I cannot wait to see the final photos and put together an album. We are SO happy with our choice in Photographer! Thank you so much to Joe and Maili for capturing our perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture User4568273, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, High-Res Images

For us choosing the photographer was the most important decision for our wedding. There are so many photographers and different styles to choose from- we wanted documentary style photos that were still classic and would still seem fresh years from now. Once we went through Joe’s portfolio and met him in person, we were certain that he would be a good fit. We had rather unconventional needs- we had a court wedding, a Hindu ceremony and a reception on three different days. Joe was extremely flexible and covered all three events beautifully. He was always early, extremely professional and easy to talk to. He gave us a lot of direction and helped us feel more comfortable. It is also great to work with a photographer who is so enthusiastic about trying different locations and as excited as you are about the photos. We have seen all the photos from the court wedding and previews for the other two. We are stunned by how amazing the photos are. My entire family is in love with Joe and Maili’s work!

We highly recommend Joe Foley Photography!

Profile Picture Meenal, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Can't say enough great things about Joe! He photographed our wedding at Woodend in May and the pictures are amazing! So many of our friends and family have said they are some of the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. Joe was an absolute pleasure to work with. Joe and Maili were great on the day of ensuring we got pictures of everything we wanted, as well as all of the details that made the day extra special. I would highly recommend Joe!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe and his assistant Miley photographed our October wedding and we couldn't be happier with our first glance. We haven't received our final photos yet (it has only been two weeks since the wedding) but the few we have gotten to see, as well as our engagement photos were amazing. Joe catches all those little moments that you think no one notices. He is also nice as can be and does his best to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. BOOK JOE NOW!

Profile Picture Avery, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved working with Joe! I'll put the most important part up front: his photos are amazing! We wanted a photojournalism style photographer to really capture the day and lots of candids, and he delivered that and tons of beautiful portraits. He's also a joy to work with - such a nice guy, very laid back, and really makes you comfortable. To be honest, in the big moments we didn't even notice he was there, which is kind of what you want from a photographer. Overall, I highly recommend him - you cannot go wrong with Joe.

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wonderful work. Everyone loved the photos. The posed, ceremony and reception photos were all outstanding.

Profile Picture Liz, 7/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What can we say? Joe is just perfect. From our very first meeting he worked with us to make sure our photos were exactly the style we wanted. We clicked naturally at our "engagement" shoot (more of a trial as we were already legally married), and we were very impressed by his friendliness and professionalism. If you like a more natural "documentary" style photography (instead of stiff posed shots or gimmicky effects), you will love Joe Foley. The icing on the cake was the personalized USB he sent us all the way abroad when we moved to Honduras. We recommend Joe Foley Photography all the way.

Profile Picture Kat, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had an amazing experience with Joe from our initial meeting, to our engagement photos, to our wedding day. He has a laid back, professional, friendly personality and an amazing eye for creative shots that is the perfect combination. We would definitely recommend!!

Profile Picture User4049147, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I are so happy we chose to work with Joe and Maili for our wedding! Photography was a top priority for us and we couldn't have asked for a better result. They are both extremely talented photographers. Joe worked with us on pricing to fit within our budget. We were able to get to know one another through an engagement session, which turned up so many fabulous photos. It was hard to chose one for our save the date magnet! Joe met us at our venue for a walkthrough which we appreciated as it helped us to feel confident he would capture the beauty of the space on our special day. Joe and Maili are relaxed, professional, positive and easy going. Joe's style can be described as journalistic/contemporary, which makes the photos he captures timeless. Looking at the images transports you in time, and brings up many of the same emotions, excitement, etc. as in the moment it was taken. Joe does a wonderful job capturing light to create stunning images. Joe and Maili split coverage to cover the full event. Maili shoots the groom and groomsmen getting ready, the reception area (centerpieces), and cocktail hour, while Joe covers bride and maids getting ready, bride and groom photos after ceremony, etc. They did a great job capturing all the moments of the big day. They even stayed a little longer than anticipated to capture the Mother/son dance, and an image outside of the venue (which required equipment set up to create a flash in the dark). It was clear Joe had prepared for our event, and had a good grasp on our wedding day timeline/goals. He researched potential shooting sites prior to our day so that we didn’t lose any time, and we were able to move quickly between each. Another bride said this, and I couldn’t agree more. “Joe is also very easy to work with and a calming presence during what is often a crazy time”.Joe is very response through email and is flexible to accommodate requests.
I would 100% recommend Joe!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/24/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe is a wonderful photographer! I loved all of his photos from our wedding. He did a great job of capturing special moments in a non-cheesy and timeless way. He is also extremely professional and prepared. He had a secondary photographer help capture moments when he was with me and not near the groom, etc. He also worked with us on pricing and did a walkthrough that helped us feel more at ease. Joe is also very easy to work with and a calming presence during what is often a crazy time. I can't imagine any other photographer could have taken the photos he took. Joe is truly an artist! I would recommend Joe to anyone who wants natural, timeless photos taken.

Profile Picture Bethany, 11/9/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe is amazing! He is relaxed, professional, and very easy to work with. His style is journalistic, which makes the photos he captures are so unique. Joe captures light beautifully so the photos are simply stunning. He responds to emails quickly and is very flexible to accommodate requests. I would 100% use Joe again!

Profile Picture Brighid, 10/12/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

One word - amazing. That's it. He truly enjoys and excels at his job, and it shows in the final product. If you've visited his blog/website and you like what you see, you absolutely will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe was absolutely phenomenal to work with! His personality was a joy and love for photography really shows in his work. We were over the moon thrilled with our stunning engagement photos and cannot wait to see our wedding photos. He even gave us a preview several days after the wedding! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Joe!

Profile Picture Maddie, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved working with Joe and his second shooter Maili! They took wonderful posed photographs that incorporated the setting and details of our wedding, but we were most impressed by the documentary photographs that beautifully captured the ceremony and reception. It's a rare skill to be able to document the most meaningful personal moments from someone's special day without encroaching on them, and its a skill Joe definitely has. He's friendly, easy-going, and truly lovely to work with. Plus we were thrilled to get all of our photographs very soon after the wedding! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe was wonderful to work with! He took amazing wedding and engagement photos that we will be able to enjoy for years to come. He gave us the gift of capturing our day and all the moments that were so important. He was fun to work with and so flexible to the needs of our group. We would definitely recommend him to anyone needing an awesome photographer!

Profile Picture Betsy, 10/19/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe and his assistant Maili were incredible photographers and were also a pleasure to work with. We chose Joe based on the beautiful pictures we saw on his website and the terrific feedback he received from previous clients with whom we spoke. We were absolutely not disappointed and feel like we made the right choice in photographer!

Joe met with us before we hired him to answer questions and so we could generally see if we would get along. We then did a fun engagement photo shoot with him where he basically spent the entire evening with us capturing some fun shots around town. And then, of course, the wedding! Joe and Maili arrived early to our venue to scout out great places to take photos. There was a prediction for rain, but they weren't stressed at all. They took amazing shots of our prep, the ceremony, our families, the reception, and even agreed to stay for some after-party shots at the end of the night. We have gotten countless compliments from friends and family on our wedding photos and we feel like the money we spent on this was worth it.

Not only does he take beautiful photos, but his demeanor is excellent as well. Joe was accommodating, relaxed, and professional. Both he and Maili seemed to blend into the day and were able to capture shots without being obtrusive at all. There are like 50 photos of our first dance and I do not even remember seeing them take photos (ok, maybe I was a little distracted). In any case, I would highly recommend Joe's services.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe is a very talented photographer and was great to work with for my engagement and wedding photos. He caught some wonderful moments and we have so many photos now that we'll be able to cherish in the future. He promptly post-produced the images and quickly had some up on his blog and Facebook (after asking us if that was alright) so we could share them with our family and friends. I'm so glad we went with him, photography at our wedding was a top priority and we couldn't have asked for a better result.

Profile Picture User3680531, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We used Joe Foley for our wedding on September 5th, 2013. From our first meeting with him we had made up our minds to use him. He was incredibly responsive and thoughtful throughout the entire process.

And I can't speak highly enough of the final product. The pictures completely bring us back to that moment, better than any set of photos I've ever seen. Joe and his partner Maili, captured our wedding better than either of us every expected. And for that - thank you!!

Profile Picture James, 9/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved working with Joe and his associate Maili! They were recommended by friends when we were searching for a photographer. Joe is from Maryland but made the trip up to PA to meet with us in Philadelphia, where we live. We loved him from the beginning! He worked with our budget to create a contract that we could afford. He included an engagement session, which I'd highly recommend. It gave us a chance to get to know one another better, and hone in on pictures we liked best. Joe and Maili were fantastic the day of the wedding, capturing so many moments. I didn't even realize they were present for as many photo opportunities as they were, until we saw the pictures several weeks later! Which brings me to another point, Joe was SO prompt getting our pictures to us. He also always responded to emails immediately, within an hour or so. But the most important thing I'd like to emphasize, is the gorgeous work they produce. We are beyond thrilled with our pictures! Besides the stories and memories, your wedding pictures are the best way to remember the day. We're so glad we have such beautiful reminders!

Profile Picture Wendy, 8/17/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe and his team truly provided '5 star' service for the photos for my wedding. I was decisive about how I wanted the photos to look - lots of candids NOT a lot of formal staged photographs - definitely no photos where they say 'now everyone laugh!!". And he got it just right. Joe happens to be a really nice guy and he was great over email and phone planning for the event - but then he totally slips into the background when he is taking photos - which is exactly what you want. I loved all of our photos from the guys playing softball to the flower girls to the ones of just us.

Profile Picture carly, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joy and Maili were wonderful! They were extremely professional and the pictures turned out great! Everyone at the party raved about them-saying they were the hardest working photographers they have ever seen. The pictures came back quickly and they were great.

The weeks after a wedding you think-this should have gone this way or that way...we find comfort knowing that we could not have hired a better photographer. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User3437270, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Love Joe!

I wanted to find a photographer that my Husband was going to feel comfortable around,That was most important to me,Joe is such a down to earth kind of guy and yes they had a few things in common so that helped! Then the second thing on my list was a photographer that was great at capturing kodak moment's.. Im all for the cute poses and silly props but for my wedding I wanted Realness,Joe is just fabulous at capturing those moments you forgot happened- it's the best feeling going through your photos and being "wow-ed" by the moments he caught. His work is beautiful! and he keeps to his word,when he says your going to get your photos during a certain time, you will :)

It rained on our wedding day, and it did not phase him..he just had his assistant scope out the country club before we got there, to have a plan B.He was so calm! Most my guest complemented on his calmness and how he was everywhere, I of course loved hearing that.VERY HAPPY!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 5/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe was AMAZING! We cannot thank Joe (and Miley) enough for making our wedding PERFECT and capturing everything we wanted so perfectly!!! My Sister and I both used him for our weddings and I would recommend Joe Foley Photography to everyone. My Husband and I were not the best at taking pictures - it's a little awkward but Joe made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He does an amazing job an has such a great eye for the good shots. We have been told that our wedding pictures (and engagement photos) look like they are from a magazine and thanks to Joe for doing such a fantastic job and making it happen.

Thank you so much!

Tiffany & Nick Demas

Profile Picture Tiffany , 5/4/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe and his assistant did a great job! Very professional, organized, and prompt. He was extremely responsive and communicative, and really did a great job of including all the pictures we wanted. He and his assistant were extremely friendly and unobtrusive on the day of the wedding--all our guests commented on how seamlessly he snuck in to take great pictures. And in the end, the pictures were absolutely gorgeous--and we got the first set of pictures within days of the wedding... wonderful to get beautiful pictures so quickly!

Profile Picture User3461904, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband has known Joe Foley for several years since they are members of the same D.C.-area bike team. Joe had even done some photography for the team at their local cyclocross race. Although we learned about Joe Foley Photography through this personal connection, we chose him for our wedding based on his impressive portfolio and his awesome work on our engagement pictures. Joe really listened to what we were looking for and executed the plans on our wedding day. He and his associate were a joy to have with us for such a special occasion. They were professional and also very personable--which is great when you're spending time together from the "getting ready" stage through the grand exit at the end of the evening! The wedding shots we've seen so far have been really fantastic (Joe put together a blog post with some previews by the time we got to our honeymoon destination!), and we can't wait to view the rest.

Profile Picture Sara , 11/3/12, 7 Reviews