Joe Farren Live Musician & DJ Reviews

75 Joe Farren Live Musician & DJ Reviews
  • Lyra

Lyra · Married on 10/07/2018

Live Band and DJ in One Joe Farren Shaped Package

Y'all, Come on! If you want live music during your ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner, then a DJ during the reception, you would be INSANE to not book Joe. There honestly are no words to describe how perfect he made our wedding and the best thing was we met him at another wedding. Joe plays the guitar and piano and proceeded to do both during our wedding then really kicked the party off with Justin Timberlake (he knows how much I love him after I filled out his awesome worksheet). If I ever have another party, similar to a wedding, but not as huge, I would still hire Joe to come. You will never regret hiring this talented guy!

Meghan · Married on 08/18/2018

My wedding is next year, but my fiance and I knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted to reach out to Joe. He was the DJ/Band at my sister's wedding two years prior and was amazing, everyone was talking about how much they loved her DJ. He knew how to play songs that worked for every age, the dance floor was never empty. We were figuring that Joe's prices would have gone up since it had been two years prior, but discovered that he was still the same reasonable price. He has been very quick with his responses. My fiance is from Poland originally and for his Mother/Son dance we wanted to do a song in Polish, we found a song we loved, but it was far too long. We sent Joe the MP3 and he was able to cut it down to a time length we liked with a nice ending. If you are looking for a Live Musician/ DJ for any event I highly recommend Joe.

Martha · Married on 07/22/2018

Joe was AMAZING! Not only was he extremely professional but every song he played was perfect. He is also a triple threat! He is a great DJ, has a wonderful singing voice, plays the piano and guitar!! He was very accommodating and easy going when changes needed to be made to location or order of events during wedding. He also has a great flow with jokes and commentary during reception in between songs. He also made sure everyone (especially the bride and groom) had a fun, exciting time. Hiring Joe as your DJ will truly be one of the best decisions made for your wedding, I can't thank him enough for making my day so special.

Sara · Married on 06/09/2018

Joe was the DJ at my wedding last weekend. He was phenomenal.
    He worked with my husband and I on what music to play for every piece of the wedding. When we weren't sure, he made great suggestions.

He played the keyboard during the ceremony. It took place in a park, so he brought his own amplification system and arrived early to set it all up and go over everything with our wedding planner. He played the guitar during our cocktail hour at the reception location. He acted as emcee. He played the grand piano during dinner. Then he DJ'd for the evening dancing!

Everyone loved his DJing. My only problem was that there were so many great songs I never was able to leave the dance floor.

I can't recommend Joe highly enough. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Taylor · Married on 10/28/2017

With everything changing last minute an hour before my wedding (rain sucks), Joe was very flexible and calm. We loved being able to have both live music as well as normal DJ-ing

Nicolette · Married on 10/23/2017

Joe is awesome! We met him at the Tampa bridal expo, and were immediately hooked on the fact that he would play piano or guitar, and DJ. We talked for about 30 minutes before our wedding day, and completed his day-of template for music - it was fantastic. I'm super organized, and love music, and being able to think through every aspect was so helpful. Joe ended up playing the piano for our ceremony, and DJed the reception. He knew exactly what to play to keep everyone on the dance floor. It was non-stop fun, and I got so many compliments on how great the music was. Everything was perfect! Would HIGHLY recommend.

• Simone

Simone · Married on 10/21/2017

One thing I believe is that music can make or break your party or in my case, my wedding. Joe made our wedding reception amazing. We had a mixed crowd of baby boomers, generation X'ers, and Millenials and Joe appealed to everyone's taste. One thing that stood out to me was the counsultation that we had prior to our wedding regarding our music which made our wedding and reception even more personal. In addition, Joe helped the reception flow so smoothly because of the thorough consultation and hi experience and professionalism. We didn't have to worry about when the bouquet would get tossed or when we would cut the cake. Friends and family are still talking about our wedding and we can thank Joe for that.

Josie · Married on 10/15/2017

I couldn’t be happier with our decision to use Joe he is extremely talented and endured that everything went perfectly on our wedding day. For our wedding he played piano during our ceromony, had another setup to play live guitar during cocktail hour and a third setup for the reception and he handled all of this without even a break in the music! Look no further and book him.

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Joe was already booked the day of our wedding, so we booked him for our Lobster Bake Rehearsal dinner! He did an amazing job and helped create a super chill, relaxed vibe with the perfect live music in the background. All of our guests kept commenting on how good of a musician he is and kept asking how I found him. He was so kind and responsive, I felt like I knew him before I even met him. We live in Texas, otherwise, we’d book Joe for every single one of our parties! Thank you so much!!!!

Brooke · Married on 09/29/2017

Joe was really easy to work with! He responded really fast, he's very friendly, organized, and knows how to run a wedding! Our guests also said that they loved his live singing during cocktail hour :)

Alison · Married on 09/09/2017

I can't say enough good things about Joe. He was there with plenty of time to set up, he played guitar/ piano and sang during both cocktail hour and dinner and then he DJ'd late into the night, to the point the venue made us end it, but we could have gone on and on. He played the songs we wanted, he played the songs our guests wanted and everyone had a blast! We're just hoping we have another excuse to hire him again!

Anicia · Married on 07/30/2017

Joe is very versatile! He played beautiful music and brought the atmosphere to life! He also has a great soothing voice which serenaded all my guests. As the DJ, he got the party going with a mixture of dance songs, playing something for everybody. He was a great addition to our wedding!

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2017

Joe was SOOOOOOO good and everyone loved him. One of our guests is in a band and he even said how good Joe was. He can play/sing anything. We had pop, rock, and country songs. Joe learned two songs for me. I was literally moved to tears when he sang my first dance song. My only regret was that I only hired him for three hours. I wish I could have kept him longer! He was easy to work with, super friendly. You will love him!

Joe · Married on 05/23/2017

We had a fantastic wedding reception on the roof terrace at the Don CeSar and we cannot thank Joe Farren enough for this. He had great communication before the wedding to ensure that the playlist was right and to note any songs that we didn't like. He kept the music going at the perfect pace through out the night (slower whilst we were eating then faster as the party commenced). He even took requests on the night which was great and kept the dance floor alive.

I would highly recommend Joe for any future weddings!

• nicola

nicola · Married on 04/22/2017

WE DIDN'T STOP DANCING ALL NIGHT!!!!... best day of our lives :)
    Joe was so so great to work with, from beginning to end. Joe was easy to talk to, had great suggestions in the lead up to the wedding and responded straight away to anything I asked.
    Joe followed all of the special requests for songs & live music we asked for. We can't say enough good things... he kept the guests happy with amazing music all night long. He's super talented, professional & friendly musician, he played the guitar and live music as our guests arrived for the ceremony, throughout the cocktail hour, dinner, and turned into our D.J for the night... we had a blast, and would highly recommend Joe for your special day !!!
    Joe had fun with us, and kept the vibe of a laid back beach wedding we dreamed of, which is exactly what we wanted.... Thank you JOE FARREN !

• User7400975 · 1+ year ago

Joe was an absolute pleasure to work with! I had lots of questions and I kept changing my mind about things and he was very patient and understanding. He is super energetic and fun, we got lots of compliments on him!! Definitely recommend!

Carolyn · Married on 04/15/2017

Joe was the wedding dream - perfect combo of live music and DJing that kept the dance floor packed! He was easy to work with and highly adaptable when we veered from the timeline.

Alicia · Married on 04/08/2017

Joe Farren did an amazing job preforming at our wedding! He listened to our requests and played the style of music we wanted. He was flexible and worked with our venues limitations with a positive attitude. I received so many compliments on how well he preformed and what an awesome personality he had throughout the entire night. I highly recommend his services to anyone looking for the perfect mix of live music and DJ/MC!

Michael · Married on 03/04/2017

Joe did an unbelievable job at our wedding. He was recommended to us by a friend and even after a positive referral, he still exceeded all expectations. He can handle virtually all of your needs on wedding day relating to music. He did a wonderful job during the ceremony and cocktail hour, and he made sure to play all of our requested songs while people were dancing.

In addition to the musical aspect he is extremely professional, responds very quickly to emails, and is very easy to get along with. We enjoyed having him at our wedding and I would highly recommend Joe to anybody who needs a DJ or somebody to play live music during their ceremony or cocktail hour. You will not be disappointed.

Steve · Married on 12/29/2016

We could not have been happier to have Joe Farren for all of our musical wedding needs! His versatility is what drew us to him, and really paid off- since he was able to play live piano music for our ceremony and guitar for the cocktail hour. He even learned and sang our first dance song, and then DJed the rest of the night! Everyone was impressed. He was also very easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Cheyanne · Married on 12/17/2016

Joe was awesome! He is a great DJ and live performer. He kept the flow of the reception upbeat and fun! We had a great time dancing and we had little mishaps and joe was right there to help. I recommend joe to anyone looking for a amazing DJ who can also play live music!

Tammy · Married on 11/12/2016

We hired Joe because we wanted a mix of live and recorded music. From the ceremony, thru the cocktail hour and our reception...Joe did it all! We loved how seamless everything felt. Joe worked with me for a few out of the box elements and had the best suggestions during the reception to make it all happen exactly how we imagined. Thank you, Joe!! You made our night over the top amazing!!!!

Shyla · Married on 10/22/2016

Hiring Joe was the first thing we did for our wedding. We had been to a wedding he was DJ and my now husband got his card then and carried it with him until he proposed. Joe did an amazing job at our wedding! We loved his guitar and keyboard playing and he did a fantastic job with getting everyone on the dance floor. He was professional and easy to work with even with our crazy song requests! He helped make our night perfect!

Levi · Married on 10/08/2016

Joe did a stellar job handling our wedding. He was organized and very responsive. He was able to MC and DJ our wedding, and we couldn't have asked for better entertainment. By offering live music, he brought a special touch that most DJs could not offer. He went above and beyond, learning a few "special request" songs and even playing guitar while a bridesmaid took to the floor and sang a love song in our honor. All in all, a wonderful experience had by all. A big thank you to Joe for making it all possible!